NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 16 - Does anyone have a case of Fig Jam? Looking to buy

mickspicks
    mickspicks

NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 16 - Does anyone have a case of Fig Jam? Looking to buy - Page 4 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 16 - Does anyone have a case of Fig Jam? Looking to buy

Post by mickspicks Wed Mar 15, 2023 8:03 pm

Just caught up on about 30 pages. Good chat.

People already talking about origin. Whilst it is important, it's still a long way away. A lot can change. This year has proven early that it's going to be difficult and unpredictable. Although, that is as always.

Overall, if you need cash generation you need to make moves soon.
    Boozecluez
    Boozecluez

NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 16 - Does anyone have a case of Fig Jam? Looking to buy - Page 4 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 16 - Does anyone have a case of Fig Jam? Looking to buy

Post by Boozecluez Wed Mar 15, 2023 8:05 pm

rhinoceroo wrote:Stat line... there have been 17 failed HIAs within the first two rounds. If that 1 in 32 players per round rate is consistent through the season, you should expect two HIAs in a squad of 21 every three weeks, or about 16 per season (in reality the rate is probably higher because squads are filled with starting players who spend more time on the field.)

Throw in regular injuries, form and byes as well and depth will be very important (18-21)

Boozecluez
    Boozecluez

Post by Boozecluez Wed Mar 15, 2023 8:08 pm

mickspicks wrote:Just caught up on about 30 pages. Good chat.

People already talking about origin. Whilst it is important, it's still a long way away. A lot can change. This year has proven early that it's going to be difficult and unpredictable. Although, that is as always.

Some people are stuggling to field a full team and it's round 3 haha
    Byes and cash generation are a luxury at the moment, green dots are whats important

Going into this round I was 4 down without trying (3 injured and a bye) so simply clear the chaff and try again this week
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Wed Mar 15, 2023 8:12 pm

When we get close to round 13, you will start to realise how important early team planning was, especially if you have lots of origin players.

The limitations of no more than 13 starters is very restrictive, you need to carefully plan every position by week to maximise the best guns through that period, with minimal trades, or fall behind.
    mickspicks
    mickspicks

Post by mickspicks Wed Mar 15, 2023 8:15 pm

mattnz wrote:

When we get close to round 13, you will start to realise how important early team planning was, especially if you have lots of origin players.

Oh I'm not saying don't think about it. Of course it's important. But there are 100% more pressing issues with guns underperforming. It's been a shakey start for many and thinking 10+ rounds down the road when you've got immediate fixes is asking for trouble.
    The Dolphin Conspiracies
    The Dolphin Conspiracies

Post by The Dolphin Conspiracies Wed Mar 15, 2023 8:19 pm

Chucky wrote:
    Very understandable. I often have trouble with wind.

Have you ever seen the movie Gas of Chucky? It is terrifying!
    Boozecluez
    Boozecluez

Post by Boozecluez Wed Mar 15, 2023 8:21 pm

NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 16 - Does anyone have a case of Fig Jam? Looking to buy - Page 4 1234510
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Wed Mar 15, 2023 8:22 pm

mickspicks wrote:

Oh I'm not saying don't think about it. Of course it's important. But there are 100% more pressing issues with guns underperforming. It's been a shakey start for many and thinking 10+ rounds down the road when you've got immediate fixes is asking for trouble.

I see it the other way, careful planning now can save multiple unnecessary trades later in the season. If you have 2 equally good options for cost per point, but one has 2 or 3 origin bye rounds they will be playing, and the other will be playing in origin, like people asking in polls for Mahoney vs Grant, this should be the deciding factor. One is a season keeper you can hold through Origin and score lots of points, the other will likely need to be traded out again ahead of round 13.

I am deliberately collecting all of the season keepers that I can as early as possible, at a discount, so very few trades will be wasted later in the year.

Last edited by mattnz on Wed Mar 15, 2023 8:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
    FaringdonSwirl
    FaringdonSwirl

Post by FaringdonSwirl Wed Mar 15, 2023 8:23 pm

Chewie wrote:

Are you a Sith?

Haha nah just want to read in bed at night without lighting the whole room up.
    Boozecluez
    Boozecluez

Post by Boozecluez Wed Mar 15, 2023 8:26 pm

Not going to lie, forget about Rabbitohs v Roosters as game of the round

It's sunday 4.05pm Kiraz vs the Tigers

@mattnz I would love to see him on a banner, it's roughly 1pt 1k profit this week for him too
    Best of luck

(Wish I could make some fun trades like this)

My trades are locked in, have a good night everyone
    Pookus McFly
    Pookus McFly

Post by Pookus McFly Wed Mar 15, 2023 8:29 pm

Thought when I bought Thompson I would be done with playing centre roulette, but I genuinely cannot decide between ITT and Alamoti this week. We try not to play matchups but that Roosters v Souths game could be spent in the middle blowing the pea out of the whistle and with low odds for any given man on the field to be knocked the fuck out cold; whilst the Bulldogs have seemingly clicked and running against a Tigers outfit masquerading as a professional NRL team.
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Wed Mar 15, 2023 8:29 pm

Contrastinghobby wrote:Not going to lie, forget about Rabbitohs v Roosters as game of the round

It's sunday 4.05pm Kiraz vs the Tigers

@mattnz I would love to see him on a banner, it's roughly 1pt 1k profit this week for him too
    Best of luck

(Wish I could make some fun trades like this)

My trades are locked in, have a good night everyone

It may need its own thread Wink 2 or 3 tries vs Tigers doesn't seem too much to ask.
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Wed Mar 15, 2023 8:31 pm

Pookus McFly wrote:Thought when I bought Thompson I would be done with playing centre roulette, but I genuinely cannot decide between ITT and Alamoti this week. We try not to play matchups but that Roosters v Souths game could be spent in the middle blowing the pea out of the whistle and with low odds for any given man on the field to be knocked the fuck out cold; whilst the Bulldogs have seemingly clicked and running against a Tigers outfit masquerading as a professional NRL team.

I can see Thompson being kicked to every set. If he can catch he will score well, if he has soap on his hands he scores badly and gets dropped.
    Chewie
    Chewie
    Fanatic

Post by Chewie Wed Mar 15, 2023 8:34 pm

Ha I only started to have a more in depth look at the byes today
    Currently I'm able to field 7 in round 13 Razz
    Chucky
    Chucky

Post by Chucky Wed Mar 15, 2023 8:34 pm

mattnz wrote:

It may need its own thread Wink 2 or 3 tries vs Tigers doesn't seem too much to ask.
    Good idea.
    Why not use the circle jerk thread from last year that was made for Talakai.

Post by Guest Wed Mar 15, 2023 8:34 pm

Seriously considering just playing without a centre this week and hope Young T get a chance next week or comes on to the bench as a late in.

mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Wed Mar 15, 2023 8:36 pm

Chewie wrote:

Ha I only started to have a more in depth look at the byes today
    Currently I'm able to field 7 in round 13 Razz
    How many of them do you plan to still have in your team at round 13 when they max out their cash generation?
    RandomSil
    RandomSil

Post by RandomSil Wed Mar 15, 2023 8:36 pm

MF wrote:Seriously considering just playing without a centre this week and hope Young T get a chance next week or comes on to the bench as a late in.

I don't want you not playing a player this week as an excuse for losing the season. Fill the hole!!!

Post by Guest Wed Mar 15, 2023 8:41 pm

RandomSil wrote:

I don't want you not playing a player this week as an excuse for losing the season. Fill the hole!!!

It’s the centre spot. I’ll save the trade and not take the 13-25 points
    Loomer
    Loomer
    Fanatic

Post by Loomer Wed Mar 15, 2023 8:41 pm

Chewie wrote:

Are you a Sith?

Absolutely

Current date/time is Sat Jul 27, 2024 11:30 am