NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 16 - Does anyone have a case of Fig Jam? Looking to buy

Aardvark
    Aardvark

NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 16 - Does anyone have a case of Fig Jam? Looking to buy - Page 6 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 16 - Does anyone have a case of Fig Jam? Looking to buy

Post by Aardvark Wed Mar 15, 2023 9:24 pm

rhinoceroo wrote:

The most important planning you can do is not spunk all your trades in the first two months, so you can take advantage of the four trades per week during bye rounds, when you know exactly what the Origin teams and the injuries are.

I've currently used four out of four.

Yep, that’s generally the best plan
    Chewie
    Chewie
    Fanatic

NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 16 - Does anyone have a case of Fig Jam? Looking to buy - Page 6 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 16 - Does anyone have a case of Fig Jam? Looking to buy

Post by Chewie Wed Mar 15, 2023 9:25 pm

mattnz wrote:Apparently Andrew Fifita is looking to come out of retirement and join the Dolphins.

Hungry for a premiership
    The Dolphin Conspiracies
    The Dolphin Conspiracies

Post by The Dolphin Conspiracies Wed Mar 15, 2023 9:27 pm

MF wrote:

It’s the centre spot. I’ll save the trade and not take the 13-25 points

My two centres earned me 113 points in total last week. It is not the dead spot that people would have you think
    rhinoceroo
    rhinoceroo
    Fanatic

Post by rhinoceroo Wed Mar 15, 2023 9:33 pm

The Dolphin Conspiracies wrote:

My two centres earned me 113 points in total last week. It is not the dead spot that people would have you think

Yeah, my main structural POD is having Bird and Hammer in the centres already. 105 points last week, but if they can get together 80-90 on an average week that's quite a points bump compared to the base price crowd. As long as the money spent on them doesn't damage my bench too much, swings and roundabouts.

Team after trades (Cheese/Boyd to Robson/Preston)

Robson
    Haas Hopgood Carrigan
    EKatoa Loiero
    Doueihi Trindall
    Bird Hammer
    Turbo Miller Warbrick

Preston Cartwright (Cleary) (Ford)
    Doorey IKatoa ITT Alamoti
    code delta
    code delta

Post by code delta Wed Mar 15, 2023 9:41 pm

WT Winfield wrote:

and none of the witty banter?
    You help supply that.
    So back to what I said.
    Holy Moly
    Holy Moly

Post by Holy Moly Wed Mar 15, 2023 9:43 pm

Chewie wrote:Noooooooooooo

Missed the party Crying or Very sad

Love this about you. Keen for the party.
    Bethany_B
    Bethany_B

Post by Bethany_B Wed Mar 15, 2023 9:48 pm

rhinoceroo wrote:

Yeah, my main structural POD is having Bird and Hammer in the centres already. 105 points last week, but if they can get together 80-90 on an average week that's quite a points bump compared to the base price crowd. As long as the money spent on them doesn't damage my bench too much, swings and roundabouts.

Robson
    Haas Hopgood Carrigan
    EKatoa Loiero
    Doueihi Trindall
    Bird Hammer
    Turbo Miller Warbrick

Same sort of setup here, I have the same two centres as you as well as 2/3 of the same WFBs (Walsh instead of Turbo). In fact I have a very similar team to you, you have Robson, Carrigan, Turbo, ITT, Doorey to my Boyd, Murray, Walsh, Sloan and Butcher (my one trade this week has been Talau to Sloan, gonna hold Boyd one more week and hope for the best).
    Mulvy
    Mulvy

Post by Mulvy Wed Mar 15, 2023 9:51 pm

rhinoceroo wrote:

Robson
    Haas Hopgood Carrigan
    EKatoa Loiero
    Doueihi Trindall
    Bird Hammer
    Turbo Miller Warbrick

Sans hooker cover?
    Pookus McFly
    Pookus McFly

Post by Pookus McFly Wed Mar 15, 2023 9:57 pm

I have the cash to do Cheese + Boyd > SJ + Mahoney, but the trades just don’t sit easy with me. I’m also contemplating a simple Cheese > I.Katoa (people rate him as a buy again after the 31 right?) which will give me the cash to bring in Hynes next week if he’s named. The thought of having Cleary and Hynes next round makes me super comfortable. Also flirting with Smith > Douehi, not sure my dark voodoo arts can keep the WT Winfields at bay forever.
    Loomer
    Loomer

Post by Loomer Wed Mar 15, 2023 10:04 pm

Pookus McFly wrote:I have the cash to do Cheese + Boyd > SJ + Mahoney, but the trades just don’t sit easy with me. I’m also contemplating a simple Cheese > I.Katoa (people rate him as a buy again after the 31 right?) which will give me the cash to bring in Hynes next week if he’s named. The thought of having Cleary and Hynes next round makes me super comfortable. Also flirting with Smith > Douehi, not sure my dark voodoo arts can keep the WT Winfields at bay forever.

I'm worried about fielding 16 unless it's trade to get Ikatoa in case Doueihi doesn't play. Can't see how Doueihi is a trade in this week
    rhinoceroo
    rhinoceroo
    Fanatic

Post by rhinoceroo Wed Mar 15, 2023 10:05 pm

Mulvy wrote:

Sans hooker cover?

Yeah. Will hope Robson can go a few weeks without getting injured and target Brailey or, er, Cheese when Carty peaks. If Robson is out then might have to do a forced trade to someone awful, but those are the risks.
    superbucks
    superbucks

Post by superbucks Wed Mar 15, 2023 10:06 pm

Pookus McFly wrote:I have the cash to do Cheese + Boyd > SJ + Mahoney, but the trades just don’t sit easy with me. I’m also contemplating a simple Cheese > I.Katoa (people rate him as a buy again after the 31 right?) which will give me the cash to bring in Hynes next week if he’s named. The thought of having Cleary and Hynes next round makes me super comfortable. Also flirting with Smith > Douehi, not sure my dark voodoo arts can keep the WT Winfields at bay forever.

My thinking for Katoa is that he looks good enough as a player that he should make some cash quickly at some point. The concern is that he'll have a few low ones too - hoping that isn't the case this week as I have him in the 13.
    Chewie
    Chewie
    Fanatic

Post by Chewie Wed Mar 15, 2023 10:09 pm

mattnz wrote:

Didnt you do it successfully in a recent season?

Also, some season's have a bye friendly draw. Where you can pick a handful of bye-friendly guns from the start.
    The added weekly bye this season has made it more complicated, ideally you have a playable squad of 19 to cover for byes, injuries, and now also HIAs.
    And you also don't want to load up on players who have a bye round pending, for example, I have Grant, Loiero, EKatoa and Warbrick in my team at the moment.
    I will need to cash-out/upgrade Warbrick, Loiero and Ekatoa before the round 9 bye
    Loomer
    Loomer

Post by Loomer Wed Mar 15, 2023 10:20 pm

rhinoceroo wrote:

Yeah. Will hope Robson can go a few weeks without getting injured and target Brailey or, er, Cheese when Carty peaks. If Robson is out then might have to do a forced trade to someone awful, but those are the risks.

I ran over half last season with Robson and no cover. Even with extra bye round it's only a problem when it's a problem
    mattnz
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Wed Mar 15, 2023 10:24 pm

Loomer wrote:

I ran over half last season with Robson and no cover. Even with extra bye round it's only a problem when it's a problem

I am taking the same approach for Mahoney from next week.
    GarethEllisismyDad
    GarethEllisismyDad

Post by GarethEllisismyDad Wed Mar 15, 2023 10:48 pm

The first trade looks great to me, what’s the hesitation?
    Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Wed Mar 15, 2023 10:58 pm

Loomer wrote:

I'm worried about fielding 16 unless it's trade to get Ikatoa in case Doueihi doesn't play. Can't see how Doueihi is a trade in this week

Looking every bit the reason a lot started with him mate.

51 last week doing fuck all, which is usually fantasy gold.

He has got to be the highest averaging half with the lowest KM average (usually used to catapult middling fantasy halfs into the elite)

rhinoceroo
    rhinoceroo
    Fanatic

Post by rhinoceroo Wed Mar 15, 2023 11:00 pm

Welshy wrote:

Looking every bit the reason a lot started with him mate.

51 last week doing fuck all, which is usually fantasy gold.

He has got to be the highest averaging half with the lowest KM average (usually used to catapult middling fantasy halfs into the elite)

He's not a trade in *this week* though, given it sounds he's a fair chance of not playing.
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Wed Mar 15, 2023 11:09 pm

Loomer wrote:

There's just a difference between running with no hooker cover when your hooker is Robson (or Grant or Cook)
    and running with no hooker cover when your hooker is Tanah Boyd

Also this year you know there will be some weeks when having just 1 hooker is bad, so you will need to have some sort of trade plan around that. (or just get Liddle in and relax until R16)
    mattnz
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Wed Mar 15, 2023 11:25 pm

Milchcow wrote:

There's just a difference between running with no hooker cover when your hooker is Robson (or Grant or Cook)
    and running with no hooker cover when your hooker is Tanah Boyd

Also this year you know there will be some weeks when having just 1 hooker is bad, so you will need to have some sort of trade plan around that. (or just get Liddle  in and relax until R16)

Also worth noting that it is really hard to stack hookers this season, as in the origin bye rounds, you can only play 1 of them (unless they are dual). So you don't necessarily want both Robson and Mahoney at the same time.

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:13 pm