NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

The Not Thread-Worthy Thread

Finch
    Finch

The Not Thread-Worthy Thread - Page 7 Empty Re: The Not Thread-Worthy Thread

Post by Finch Mon 18 Apr 2016, 10:03 am

Revraiser wrote:

Whats ur role type finchy ?

2nd in charge. I work in Hospo, with food to be more precise.
    No Worries
    No Worries

NRL FF Survivor Champion : I'm like the waterboy.

Post by No Worries Mon 18 Apr 2016, 10:18 am

Finch wrote:

The Not Thread-Worthy Thread - Page 7 Les-lye-barth
    Krump
    Krump

Post by Krump Mon 18 Apr 2016, 10:19 am

Revraiser wrote:

Specifically his role is whinging when he gets sprung rocking up to work late Very Happy
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Mon 18 Apr 2016, 11:44 am

Finch wrote:
    Revraiser wrote:

You've had a big change up like me. Didn't you used to work for the NZ equivalent of ASIO?
    Finch
    Finch

Post by Finch Mon 18 Apr 2016, 12:00 pm

SI wrote:

You've had a big change up like me.  Didn't you used to work for the NZ equivalent of ASIO?

I'm not sure if you are being serious or not lol?

ASIO = Australian Security Intelligence Organisation?

If so then no, I've been in the same job for nearly 5 years.
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Mon 18 Apr 2016, 12:06 pm

Finch wrote:
    SI wrote:

You've had a big change up like me.  Didn't you used to work for the NZ equivalent of ASIO?

I'm not sure if you are being serious or not lol?

ASIO = Australian Security Intelligence Organisation?

If so then no, I've been in the same job for nearly 5 years.

Was being serious. Could be my memory but thought you were working for your spook mob at some stage. If not, nothing to see here!
    Finch
    Finch

Post by Finch Mon 18 Apr 2016, 12:08 pm

SI wrote:

Was being serious.  Could be my memory but thought you were working for your spook mob at some stage.  If not, nothing to see here!

I prefer the CIA

The Not Thread-Worthy Thread - Page 7 1f44e24c46d57808ebc98cdd1a2777e1
    Krump
    Krump

Post by Krump Mon 18 Apr 2016, 12:12 pm

SI wrote:

Was being serious.  Could be my memory but thought you were working for your spook mob at some stage.  If not, nothing to see here!
    I can't believe you outed a spy. Dudes gonna have to kill us all now.
    No Worries
    No Worries

NRL FF Survivor Champion : I'm like the waterboy.

Post by No Worries Mon 18 Apr 2016, 12:21 pm

SI wrote:

Who the fuck are you ? Never seen you before in my life !!!
    @krump @milchcow o-gay oo-tay iger-tay ed-thray elete-day osts-pay
    Revraiser
    Revraiser
    Fanatic

Post by Revraiser Mon 18 Apr 2016, 1:27 pm

Just curious Finchy,just usually if a suit or a boss says they were driving past and the thing they mention is trivial or small then they may be riding/watching you overall.
    Join the union mate haha
    Finch
    Finch

Post by Finch Mon 18 Apr 2016, 2:25 pm

Revraiser wrote:Just curious Finchy,just usually if a suit or a boss says they were driving past and the thing they mention is trivial or small then they may be riding/watching you overall.  
    Join the union mate haha

Could be true, but my boss does live like 2 minutes away from work, I'm about 1 minute away haha

Also something else which bugs me. He says "I need this" "I need that" rather than "We need this" "We need that". I'm sure he doesn't mean it that way, but I thought working in a kitchen together everyone was a team.

#WhatReallyGrindsMyGears
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Mon 18 Apr 2016, 2:59 pm

Finch wrote:
    Revraiser wrote:Just curious Finchy,just usually if a suit or a boss says they were driving past and the thing they mention is trivial or small then they may be riding/watching you overall.  
    Join the union mate haha

Could be true, but my boss does live like 2 minutes away from work, I'm about 1 minute away haha

Also something else which bugs me. He says "I need this" "I need that" rather than "We need this" "We need that". I'm sure he doesn't mean it that way, but I thought working in a kitchen together everyone was a team.

#WhatReallyGrindsMyGears

I actually struggle with this from the other perspective with 12 staff to manage. I tend to say "we" all the time because we are a team (3 of my guys have been with me over 10 years), but when it comes to the times when a)they are working hard and I am not or b)I have fucked up, I make myself say "you" in that first example and "I" in the second example.

I guess it's the complete opposite of what you are saying with your boss. As long as he doesn't say "we" when he fucks up I guess!
    RandomSil
    RandomSil

Post by RandomSil Mon 18 Apr 2016, 3:12 pm

SI wrote:
    I actually struggle with this from the other perspective with 12 staff to manage.  I tend to say "we" all the time because we are a team (3 of my guys have been with me over 10 years), but when it comes to the times when a)they are working hard and I am not or b)I have fucked up, I make myself say "you" in that first example and "I" in the second example.  

I guess it's the complete opposite of what you are saying with your boss.  As long as he doesn't say "we" when he fucks up I guess!
    Aww you are so nice.
    Krump
    Krump

Post by Krump Mon 18 Apr 2016, 3:19 pm

Random wrote:
    Aww you are so nice.
    I wonder if he ever pulled in someone after they're final warning to give them the boot and they ended up with a payrise instead Laugh 3
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Mon 18 Apr 2016, 3:32 pm

Krump wrote:
    Random wrote:
    Aww you are so nice.
    I wonder if he ever pulled in someone after they're final warning to give them the boot and they ended up with a payrise instead Laugh 3

Lol

Funny you should say that. I have an old guy who lives on pain killers to get him through the day and is an absolute trooper and never has a sickie. Has been with me 6 years and never late either. He lost it with my 4ic last week and I now have NO CHOICE but to give him a formal warning because he told her to go fuck herself. I have decided to drop it back from a Written Warning to a Formal Discussion because he is such a good worker and we all lose it sometimes.

Technically I could have sacked him on the spot as there was a witness and she was technically threatened. So if you ever get banned from here you know you've done something pretty bad Embarassed I even tried keeping Henchy around!!!
    Revraiser
    Revraiser
    Fanatic

Post by Revraiser Mon 18 Apr 2016, 3:57 pm

Finch wrote:

#WhatReallyGrindsMyGears

Ah ok.i see now. So ur boss is a chef ? Thats a given, common for chefs to be the centre of the world.
    I worked in cooking for 5-6 years... loved it.
    If others on here are chefs they wont like it said, but massive personality issues are abound in chefs. Im good saying it as ive been there.  Im a peach of a guy though haha !

Last edited by Revraiser on Mon 18 Apr 2016, 4:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Mon 18 Apr 2016, 3:59 pm

Revraiser wrote:
    Finch wrote:

#WhatReallyGrindsMyGears

Ah ok.i see now. So ur boss is a chef ? Thats a given, common for chefs to be the centre of the world.
    I worked in cooking for 5-6 years... loved it.
    If others on here are chefs they wont like it said, but massive personality issues are abound in chefs. Im good ssying it as ive been there.  Im a peach of a guy though

Your Mrs hangs fish out in the Sun. Or was that just an analogy... Lol
    Revraiser
    Revraiser
    Fanatic

Post by Revraiser Mon 18 Apr 2016, 4:01 pm

SI wrote:

Your Mrs hangs fish out in the Sun.  Or was that just an analogy... Lol

Lol that wasn't me SI. Recall the story though. Wasnt that Studogg ?
    Revraiser
    Revraiser
    Fanatic

Post by Revraiser Mon 18 Apr 2016, 4:03 pm

Remember there is no 'I' in team !!
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Mon 18 Apr 2016, 4:04 pm

Revraiser wrote:
    SI wrote:

Your Mrs hangs fish out in the Sun.  Or was that just an analogy... Lol

Lol that wasn't me SI. Recall the story though. Wasnt that Studogg ?

WOW, my memory really is getting shit. Just looked back, it was Pain Embarassed

Current date/time is Sat 27 Apr 2024, 9:30 am