NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

2023 Mrbrownstone - New and Improved 2024 Edition

StuDogg101
    StuDogg101

2023 Mrbrownstone - New and Improved 2024 Edition - Page 5 Empty Re: 2023 Mrbrownstone - New and Improved 2024 Edition

Post by StuDogg101 Wed May 10, 2023 11:07 am

Great week for you, despite the Luki trade. I think Tohu is an awesome option, if you can wear the injury risk. I don't know if it's one he can just *get over* or if it'll bother him all season, but if he can get through this week then he has the bye to rest it a little.

I can see Robson being a good option though, particularly as you're looking at getting him anyway. Not sure of their relative BEs but if you don't NEED Tohu this week then you could probably wait since he's unavailable next week anyway. 53 BE so shouldn't go up too much?

As for the second trade, you're right in that you've saved a tonne of trades. You can definitely afford to risk Smith, while also probably grabbing VTW next week should he start for even more $
    mrbrownstone
    mrbrownstone

2023 Mrbrownstone - New and Improved 2024 Edition - Page 5 Empty Re: 2023 Mrbrownstone - New and Improved 2024 Edition

Post by mrbrownstone Wed May 10, 2023 12:43 pm

StuDogg101 wrote:Great week for you, despite the Luki trade. I think Tohu is an awesome option, if you can wear the injury risk. I don't know if it's one he can just *get over* or if it'll bother him all season, but if he can get through this week then he has the bye to rest it a little.

I can see Robson being a good option though, particularly as you're looking at getting him anyway. Not sure of their relative BEs but if you don't NEED Tohu this week then you could probably wait since he's unavailable next week anyway. 53 BE so shouldn't go up too much?

As for the second trade, you're right in that you've saved a tonne of trades. You can definitely afford to risk Smith, while also probably grabbing VTW next week should he start for even more $

That's a good point actually. Could do Ford to Robson this week, skip Tohu to have a look at his mins/knee again without much risk of his price getting out of hand, give him the bye, then Cook to Tohu in R13. If I'm going to get both anyway, that might be the better order to do it?
    Stylebender
    Stylebender

Post by Stylebender Wed May 10, 2023 12:47 pm

mrbrownstone wrote:

That's a good point actually. Could do Ford to Robson this week, skip Tohu to have a look at his mins/knee again without much risk of his price getting out of hand, give him the bye, then Cook to Tohu in R13. If I'm going to get both anyway, that might be the better order to do it?

I agree that option makes more sense to me. I really like Tohu also but will wait until after his bye.
    I considered the Alamoti to Smith trade also, although I only have 17 trades so I'll be giving it a miss. I'm *hopeful* Alamoti might get some decent scores again with Addo-Carr back alongside him.
    mrbrownstone
    mrbrownstone

Post by mrbrownstone Thu May 11, 2023 10:35 am

Just thinking this through a little more, if I go Ford -> Robson this week that leaves me with this for R13 so far:

Robson
    Tapine x x
    Luki x
    SJ IKat/Nikorima
    Lemuelu x
    Miller Walsh

So 8. Between now and R13 I think the plan will be:

Alamoti -> Te Whare
    Cook -> Tohu
    Loiero -> Gun mid/EDG (whoever I can afford with the money the other two trades free up)
    IKat -> ? (Ideally a Tatola type if I can afford it.)
    Walsh -> Drinkwater/Garrick (if Walsh plays Origin I'm happy to trade him, will potentially consider trading Teddy if he doesn't)
    If necessary I'm also happy to trade Hosking, play that one by ear.

Which would leave me with:

Robson
    Tapine Tohu *Katoa replacement*
    Luki *Loiero replacement*
    SJ Nikorima
    Lemuelu Te Whare
    Miller Walsh x

While that looks solid, I guess the question is, given I already have Granville, am I better off overall plugging in his 25-35 at hooker in R13 and targeting another MID/EDG gun instead this week?
    GarethEllisismyDad
    GarethEllisismyDad

Post by GarethEllisismyDad Thu May 11, 2023 2:54 pm

Enjoying reading this, no advise cos looks like you have it under control
    Rabbits21
    Rabbits21
    Fanatic

Post by Rabbits21 Thu May 11, 2023 4:53 pm

Wow well done lots of trades left. You’re all good. Getting in Robson this week is a fine move.
    mrbrownstone
    mrbrownstone

Post by mrbrownstone Tue May 16, 2023 4:26 pm

Had a very rocks or diamonds week last week, as many did, but overall ended up with 948 - good enough for a small rank jump from 4513 to 4325.

With 22 trades left, my very tentative plan after a brief look at team lists is to do something like:

This week:

Alamoti -> Burbo
    Hosking -> Matto

maybe

Granville -> Edwards (I'm tempted as a bit of a cash grab, not sure it's really worth it though, could also move him to Tatola or Liddle).

Leaving 87k bank

Next week:

Boyd -> Tohu
    Loiero -> Hopgood
    IKat -> WFB?

R14

Nikorima -> Oloapu

That would give me a R13 team of:

Robson
    Tohu Matto Tapine
    Luki Hopgood
    SJ Nikorima
    Lemuelu Burbo
    Miller Walsh X

And an overall team of:

Robson
    Haas Tohu Tapine
    Hopgood Luki
    Cleary SJ
    Lemuelu Manu
    Walsh Miller Teddy

Cook Matterson Cheese Bula

Granville Oloapu Burbo *IKat replacement*

Really just thinking out loud at the moment, this is far from set in stone, so very open to other suggestions as always.
    ForanAgainst
    ForanAgainst

Post by ForanAgainst Wed May 17, 2023 1:24 pm

mrbrownstone wrote:Had a very rocks or diamonds week last week, as many did, but overall ended up with 948 - good enough for a small rank jump from 4513 to 4325.

With 22 trades left, my very tentative plan after a brief look at team lists is to do something like:

This week:

Alamoti -> Burbo
    Hosking -> Matto

maybe

Granville -> Edwards (I'm tempted as a bit of a cash grab, not sure it's really worth it though, could also move him to Tatola or Liddle).

Leaving 87k bank

Next week:

Boyd -> Tohu
    Loiero -> Hopgood
    IKat -> WFB?

R14

Nikorima -> Oloapu

That would give me a R13 team of:

Robson
    Tohu Matto Tapine
    Luki Hopgood
    SJ Nikorima
    Lemuelu Burbo
    Miller Walsh X

And an overall team of:

Robson
    Haas Tohu Tapine
    Hopgood Luki
    Cleary SJ
    Lemuelu Manu
    Walsh Miller Teddy

Cook Matterson Cheese Bula

Granville Oloapu Burbo *IKat replacement*

Really just thinking out loud at the moment, this is far from set in stone, so very open to other suggestions as always.

I was going to suggest Sivo as a bit of of a bye rounds POD, but then I saw he has a two try 36 and a 3 try 57, and I was immediately put off him.

Personally. I’m thinking of only running two wfb in 13, because lowish on trades and no one really says you should play me.
    mrbrownstone
    mrbrownstone

Post by mrbrownstone Wed May 17, 2023 1:59 pm

ForanAgainst wrote:

I was going to suggest Sivo as a bit of of a bye rounds POD, but then I saw he has a two try 36 and a 3 try 57, and I was immediately put off him.

Personally. I’m thinking of only running two wfb in 13, because lowish on trades and no one really says you should play me.

Sivo's an interesting one although probably a touch risky.

If I was gonna go down that road I'd probably consider Alex Johnston. Dropped 154k and capable of going on a run of tries with the bunnies having a fairly soft upcoming draw. Will probably just run a WFB short though.
    Stylebender
    Stylebender

Post by Stylebender Thu May 18, 2023 8:20 am

I think those trade plans are solid. I'd personally be pulling the trigger on the Granville to Edwards trade, especially considering you won't be using Granville in R13.

I'm a H2H player myself so I can't really offer sound advice on strategy there, but in terms of the R13 WFB option, I agree AJ looks like a decent shout. He seems to have a similar pattern every year, loses a bunch of cash at the start then inevitably goes on a run. May see more try scoring opportunities in the bye rounds if Campbell Graham is selected also.
    StuDogg101
    StuDogg101

Post by StuDogg101 Thu May 18, 2023 1:16 pm

That R13 team is a beast. Definitely better having quality over quantity, but with 12 players I feel like you've got both. I'd say you're in for an above average week next round that's for sure.

As for this week, nothing to add on those trades you suggested. Granville to Edwards is a go too I'd say
    mrbrownstone
    mrbrownstone

Post by mrbrownstone Thu May 18, 2023 1:40 pm

StuDogg101 wrote:That R13 team is a beast. Definitely better having quality over quantity, but with 12 players I feel like you've got both. I'd say you're in for an above average week next round that's for sure.

As for this week, nothing to add on those trades you suggested. Granville to Edwards is a go too I'd say

Thanks mate, appreciate it.

The Joe O signing + Josh Papa origin retirement does have me a bit spooked on getting Hopgood/Matto this week.

Half considering making a slight adjustment and just doing Hosking -> HEdwards this week and having a free look at Burbo.

Which would leave a bank of 322k. Then next week:

Boyd, Loiero, Alamoti, Granville to Tohu, Burbo + whoever doesn't make origin out of Horse/Matto/Hopgood.

Leaves me a bit lighter this week, but guarantees I'm not trading in someone who ends up making origin. Not sure. I think Hopgood is probably pretty safe but who knows?

Will probably still go through with the original plan, but one to ponder.
    Rabbits21
    Rabbits21
    Fanatic

Post by Rabbits21 Thu May 18, 2023 2:48 pm

That round 13 team is nuts mate. Call me bias but I’d go Tatola over Edwards much better JS Tatola and has good money to make.
    mrbrownstone
    mrbrownstone

Post by mrbrownstone Mon May 22, 2023 4:21 pm

Had a pretty shit round, scored 847 and dropped 2k ranks back to 6,388. Copping all of IKat, Cheese, Luki, Miller, and plenty of other 30s was not ideal.

Trades this week look pretty straightforward:

Loiero -> Hopgood
    Cheese -> Tohu

Locked in.

Second two trades are then a toss up. Boyd + Granville probably will be the outs, and it'll be between getting Bird + Tatola or Hors + Ponga, or some variation of those. TLT may make the decision for me if Bird is out again so will wait and see there.

Miller, IKat, and Alamoti are all probably trades too, but they can be next week's problem. Ideally something like IKat to Oloapu and Miller to Bateman/iPap would be nice.
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Fanatic

Post by Liverpool_Bulldog Mon May 22, 2023 5:14 pm

mrbrownstone wrote:Had a pretty shit round, scored 847 and dropped 2k ranks back to 6,388. Copping all of IKat, Cheese, Luki, Miller, and plenty of other 30s was not ideal.

Trades this week look pretty straightforward:

Loiero -> Hopgood
    Cheese -> Tohu

Locked in.

Second two trades are then a toss up. Boyd + Granville probably will be the outs, and it'll be between getting Bird + Tatola or Hors + Ponga, or some variation of those. TLT may make the decision for me if Bird is out again so will wait and see there.

Miller, IKat, and Alamoti are all probably trades too, but they can be next week's problem. Ideally something like IKat to Oloapu and Miller to Bateman/iPap would be nice.
    Those trades look good mate. I’d be happy with either of those second options going forward, if I had to choose one Bird/Tatola at least gets you one locked in keeper in an annoying position. Hopefully you can get all of those ranks back and then some.
    mrbrownstone
    mrbrownstone

Post by mrbrownstone Tue May 23, 2023 5:16 pm

Thanks mate, appreciate your thoughts.

TLT does make things a bit clearer with Bird named. As the team currently stands after making my first two trades (Cheese + Loiero -> Tohu + Hopgood), I'll be lining up:

Cook
    Tohu Tapine x
    Hopgood Luki
    SJ (c) Nikorima
    Leumuelu x
    Miller x x

For the next two trades it's a decision between:

a) Bird + Ponga
    b) Bird + Tatola
    c) Hors + Ponga

Can't get Hors + Tatola as that's one mid too many.

Boyd + one of Miller/Granville/IKat/Alamoti will be the trade-out, but doesn't make a world of difference in terms of who I can afford.

I think I like Bird + Ponga in the hope that I'm getting two guys who can stick around all season, but I'd love everyone's thoughts (or alternative suggestions, i.e. could get Garrick instead of Ponga).
    Ando
    Ando

Post by Ando Tue May 23, 2023 8:16 pm

I think I'd lock Bird in as a 3rd trade. That's your centres locked in for the rest of the season.

Tatola vs. Ponga both probably average similar. Tatola gives you more consistent scores, Ponga more Boom/Bust so a good player to be able to loop each week using players you have on the bye.
    Stylebender
    Stylebender

Post by Stylebender Wed May 24, 2023 10:34 am

I vote for Bird + Ponga. Like you said, it's two guys that will HOPEFULLY stay in your squad all year. Tatola is a solid short term option but doesn't have keeper potential nor a high ceiling.
    StuDogg101
    StuDogg101

Post by StuDogg101 Wed May 24, 2023 1:15 pm

Stylebender wrote:I vote for Bird + Ponga. Like you said, it's two guys that will HOPEFULLY stay in your squad all year. Tatola is a solid short term option but doesn't have keeper potential nor a high ceiling.

I second this. If Ponga can stay on the park, it's a no contest. And Bird is pretty close to a must-have. Lock it in!
    mrbrownstone
    mrbrownstone

Post by mrbrownstone Tue May 30, 2023 5:08 pm

Had a pretty average bye round, just 555 from my 10 players with captain SJ really letting the team down. That saw me move from 6388 to 6608.

Trades this week seem pretty straightforward (which almost certainly means Origin will mess with my plans):

iKat -> Oloapu
    Nikorima -> iPap

Was gonna move on Granville, but if he's starting lock again then hopefully I can squeeze out another price rise or two, maybe even hold him through to R16 at this point. Both Dolphins halves have more than done their jobs, Nikorima probably has another price rise in him, but not sure it's worth holding him for another 20k.

That would leave me with this for the round:

Cook
    Haas Tapine Tohu
    iPap Luki
    (C)leary SJ
    Manu Lemuelu
    Teddy Walsh Bula

Robson HEdwards Granville Oloapu

Alamoti Ponga Hopgood Bird

15 trades, 73k

Bird out is a real pain after just buying him last week. He's probably a sell but I might hold him until at least next round, there's no real option I'm keen to move him to this week - would probably want Moses or Matto if I was gonna trade him.

Looking further ahead, that leaves me with the following for R16:

Robson
    Hopgood Edwards Granville*
    Luki iPap
    Oloapu x
    Manu Alamoti
    Bula Ponga x

*If I hold him that long and he gets dual.

Next week I'll consider a sideways SJ to Moses trade to cover 16 and 19. In terms of WFBs, Kiraz interests me.

Current date/time is Mon Apr 29, 2024 7:41 pm