NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

2023 Mrbrownstone - New and Improved 2024 Edition

Snatchpato
    Snatchpato

2023 Mrbrownstone - New and Improved 2024 Edition - Page 3 Empty Re: 2023 Mrbrownstone - New and Improved 2024 Edition

Post by Snatchpato Sat Mar 25, 2023 7:05 pm

mrbrownstone wrote:

Had to play both. I'd have taken 64 combined so thrilled with Warbricks score.
    Had to play both or GOT to play both? Haha, great work mate!
    mrbrownstone
    mrbrownstone

2023 Mrbrownstone - New and Improved 2024 Edition - Page 3 Empty Re: 2023 Mrbrownstone - New and Improved 2024 Edition

Post by mrbrownstone Wed Mar 29, 2023 11:24 am

Had a fantastic R4 with an overall round rank of 38, clawing me back from 43k > 10k rank. Hopefully time to build on that momentum.

Cook
    Haas Tapine Hopgood
    EKatoa Carty
    Cleary SJ
    Alamoti HSS
    Teddy Miller Warbrick

Preston Ford Loiero Doorey

IKat Talau AKP Boyd

Not totally clear on what I want to do trade wise this week, but Doorey probably has to go and like most Hosking is very much on the radar. Frustratingly I'm 10k short of doing Doorey to Hosking in one go otherwise that'd be a no brainer.

Options I'm considering:

a) Loiero and Boyd to Brailey and Hosking. Two guys I don't particularly want to trade for the two most discussed buys of the week. I think both are probably upgrades but not sure it's worth the trades.

b) Doorey to Lemuelu. Safe, big upgrade, and can push HSS out of the 17. Means missing out on Hosking.

c) Loiero and Doorey to Hosking and Lemuelu. I think this is the option I'm favouring at the moment. I think it's worth gamling on Hoskings upside and I'm not sure Loiero has that much more cash to make. Obviously trading a guy who just scored 56 to a guy with unclear JS isn't without risk.

I think whatever else happens I'll probably lock in Doorey to Lemuelu, so it's really a question of whether trading Loiero to Hosking is also worth it.

As always, any thoughts are much appreciated.
    Stylebender
    Stylebender

Post by Stylebender Wed Mar 29, 2023 11:43 am

Great round for you mate! Keep the train rolling.

I'd be locking in option B personally. I'm looking at the same trade, although I'd have to downgrade IThompson to Hands to finance it so I'm not 100% sold. Lemuele over HSS looks to be a 15+ point upgrade each week.

Loiero to Hosking depends on how you view Hosking. If you think he's only got 3 games of starting edge, he probably makes 150k. Which is passable as a cash cow, however, Loiero likely has another 60-80k in him too, making the net gain only 90k. I contemplated a move like this also, but I came to the conclusion that it's probably not worthwhile (unless you view Hosking as a potential cut priced keeper).
    Snatchpato
    Snatchpato

Post by Snatchpato Thu Mar 30, 2023 4:32 am

I would be looking at just B as well personally, and I think like stylebender I actually will be doing the same trade haha (great minds?)

I'm not sure I like trading out Loiero when he's just gotten a good score and can make 100k over 3-4 weeks pretty comfortably. Hosking, while going to be a much faster cash cow, isn't guaranteed to hold his spot despite his fantasy scoring.

Waiting a week (while not ideal) won't be the end of the world anyway. Yes, a 50 (+60k) or a 60 (+70k) won't be ideal, but he'll still be only ~600k next week. Not like you can't get him then.
    StuDogg101
    StuDogg101

Post by StuDogg101 Thu Mar 30, 2023 4:40 pm

Option B for me too. I wish I had 3 trades this week to do the same instead of HSS stinking it up in that spot.

Congrats on the great round, I went 35k-19k so it's motivating seeing someone smash it even better!
    mrbrownstone
    mrbrownstone

Post by mrbrownstone Thu Mar 30, 2023 4:46 pm

Sounds like B is the consensus. That's probably the sensible play and it's never a bad time to save another trade. Thanks for the thoughts all.
    mrbrownstone
    mrbrownstone

Post by mrbrownstone Wed Apr 05, 2023 2:29 pm

Had a middling week last week, scoring 970 and gaining about 1000 places from 10k to 9,000. Any green arrow is a good one at this time of year though and the Doorey -> Lemuelu trade worked out fairly well, so I'll take it.

Onto this week and I have the same dilemma as most - what to do with the likes of Carty/Hopgood/HSS.

As it stands I'm lining up like this pre-trades.

Cook
    Haas Tapine Hopgood
    Katoa Loiero
    Cleary SJ
    Lemuelu Alamoti
    Miller AKP Warbrick

Ford Preston Boyd Carty

IKat HSS Talau Teddy

Back three isn't ideal with Teddy out, but I thought that two weeks ago too so probably just gonna hold the faith.

Currently thinking of doing something like HSS + Carty to Nikorima and Hosking. Could also go Brailey or Bird in that price range maybe if people think it's a week too late on Hosking, or even Walsh to sure up WFB a bit.

On Carty, even if there's potentially a bit more money to be squeezed out there, his BE is up to 30 now with uncertainty over minutes/role going forward. If you told me at the start of the season I'd make 198k off Carty with a 47 average (got on in week 2) I'd have bitten your hand off that, so I'd be happy enough to jump off now and gamble on Hosking being a cut price keeper, even if I miss out on say another 40-70k in price rises over the next few weeks.

Then again, there's also an argument to just hold trades, see what happens with Carty/Hopgood this week and wait for a better cow to come along to replace HSS. Given I've saved three trades already I'm
    a bit more willing to take a risk this week though.

As always, thoughts and input very welcome, please.
    The Goat Boys
    The Goat Boys

Post by The Goat Boys Wed Apr 05, 2023 3:18 pm

mrbrownstone wrote:Had a middling week last week, scoring 970 and gaining about 1000 places from 10k to 9,000. Any green arrow is a good one at this time of year though and the Doorey -> Lemuelu trade worked out fairly well, so I'll take it.

Onto this week and I have the same dilemma as most - what to do with the likes of Carty/Hopgood/HSS.

As it stands I'm lining up like this pre-trades.

Cook
    Haas Tapine Hopgood
    Katoa Loiero
    Cleary SJ
    Lemuelu Alamoti
    Miller AKP Warbrick

Ford Preston Boyd Carty

IKat HSS Talau Teddy

Back three isn't ideal with Teddy out, but I thought that two weeks ago too so probably just gonna hold the faith.

Currently thinking of doing something like HSS + Carty to Nikorima and Hosking. Could also go Brailey or Bird in that price range maybe if people think it's a week too late on Hosking, or even Walsh to sure up WFB a bit.

On Carty, even if there's potentially a bit more money to be squeezed out there, his BE is up to 30 now with uncertainty over minutes/role going forward. If you told me at the start of the season I'd make 198k off Carty with a 47 average (got on in week 2) I'd have bitten your hand off that, so I'd be happy enough to jump off now and gamble on Hosking being a cut price keeper, even if I miss out on say another 40-70k in price rises over the next few weeks.

Then again, there's also an argument to just hold trades, see what happens with Carty/Hopgood this week and wait for a better cow to come along to replace HSS. Given I've saved three trades already I'm
    a bit more willing to take a risk this week though.

As always, thoughts and input very welcome, please.

Same question as a lot on here have.

Whether to miss Hosking or not?

I think if you don`t get Hosking hold that second trade.
    GarethEllisismyDad
    GarethEllisismyDad

Post by GarethEllisismyDad Wed Apr 05, 2023 3:43 pm

Do you think lightening strikes twice with warbrick and AKP?

Walsh might outscore both of them put together vs the porous raiders

Glad to see your ranks have shot up and you have a solid team
    mrbrownstone
    mrbrownstone

Post by mrbrownstone Thu Apr 06, 2023 1:21 pm

Thanks for the thoughts guys. I think HSS -> Niko is worth the risk and I'll lock that one in.

That just leaves Carty to Hosking. At this stage I'm leaning towards doing it, I reckon it's worth the risk...
    StuDogg101
    StuDogg101

Post by StuDogg101 Thu Apr 06, 2023 2:24 pm

mrbrownstone wrote:Thanks for the thoughts guys. I think HSS -> Niko is worth the risk and I'll lock that one in.

That just leaves Carty to Hosking. At this stage I'm leaning towards doing it, I reckon it's worth the risk...

I think it's worth the risk too. Worst case scenario you wasted a trade, but best case you make more bank (and faster) than Carty
    Snatchpato
    Snatchpato

Post by Snatchpato Fri Apr 07, 2023 8:26 am

StuDogg101 wrote:

I think it's worth the risk too. Worst case scenario you wasted a trade, but best case you make more bank (and faster) than Carty
    Not to mention points!
    mrbrownstone
    mrbrownstone

Post by mrbrownstone Wed Apr 12, 2023 4:28 pm

Pretty meh week last week, lost the same 1,000 spots I gained the week prior with an 862.

Like most, Hopgood, Boyd, Warbrick are on my chopping list. Warbrick can probably hang around with a 24 BE, but he's made 145k so more or less done his job and I really need to fix my WFB.

My first impressions were:

Hopgood -> McInness
    Warbrick -> Walsh/Turbo
    Boyd -> Crossland/Couchman/Luke

Couchman probably the pick of that lot? However that does leave me without hooker cover unless I get Luke, who I'm not hugely sold on.

So I've been playing around with giving Warbrick a stay of execution and doing the good old Gun + Cow

Hopgood -> Couchman
    Boyd -> Robson

However that still leaves me having to play one of Warbrick/AKP at WFB which I'm not super keen on either.

So maybe Boyd gets a stay of execution now that he should get the kicking back next to Foran and I do, Hopgood and Warbrick to Walsh/Turbo and Couchman?

That probably feels like the best option, fixing up my WFB while still maintaining positional cover everywhere, and allowing a week to have a look at McInness.

Basically the positions I want to trade make it tricky. Trading Hopgood means I either get a mid or promote Ford and roll without mid cover and trading Boyd leaves no HOK cover.

Would love some thoughts suggestions as always.
    GarethEllisismyDad
    GarethEllisismyDad

Post by GarethEllisismyDad Wed Apr 12, 2023 4:40 pm

Own both turbo and Walsh, way more worried about turbo as a) he hasn’t played well, b) I overrated manly massively, c) his injury seems to hamper his score potential

Why do down on boyd, I am also an owner and think that alongside foran he gets kicking back and will score well again, well being 40 to 50 ish nothing outstanding

I’ve traded Hopgood this week and I expect to get him back at origin time for significantly less, and have gone mcinnes

Looking at your team I’d be way more inclined to get rid off an edge than boyd, as you have lots of them, the one I’m least impressed by is loiero admittedly I don’t own him so have not analysed him in detail, but the others seem to have advantages and better scoring,

Definitely time to upgrade wfb,

Good luck
    mrbrownstone
    mrbrownstone

Post by mrbrownstone Thu Apr 13, 2023 12:24 pm

GarethEllisismyDad wrote:Own both turbo and Walsh, way more worried about turbo as a) he hasn’t played well, b) I overrated manly massively, c) his injury seems to hamper his score potential

Why do down on boyd, I am also an owner and think that alongside foran he gets kicking back and will score well again, well being 40 to 50 ish nothing outstanding

I’ve traded Hopgood this week and I expect to get him back at origin time for significantly less, and have gone mcinnes

Looking at your team I’d be way more inclined to get rid off an edge than boyd, as you have lots of them, the one I’m least impressed by is loiero admittedly I don’t own him so have not analysed him in detail, but the others seem to have advantages and better scoring,

Definitely time to upgrade wfb,

Good luck

Thanks for the thoughts mate. Yeah on looking at it more closely, Boyd is probably a hold so he can stick around. Loiero will definitely be a sell by Melbourne's bye, but I reckon I can still squeeze a bit more cash and a couple more 40s out of him so sticking around for now.

I'm now considering doing:

Hopgood -> B Smith
    Warbrick -> Walsh

Leaves 1k which might be a sign...

Alternatively I could get McInness and CNK which is also fairly tempting.
    Snatchpato
    Snatchpato

Post by Snatchpato Thu Apr 13, 2023 6:26 pm

I'd prefer Smith and Walsh over McInnes and CNK

Best of luck this week!
    mrbrownstone
    mrbrownstone

Post by mrbrownstone Tue Apr 18, 2023 10:46 am

Had a pretty solid round overall - scored 817 which was good enough to jump from 10110 to 7448. Trade ins of Walsh and Cheese both worked out fairly well too so can't complain.

Will be lining up like this this week with Tapine on a bye:

Cook
    Haas Ford Cheese
    EKat Loiero
    Cleary SJ
    Lemuelu Alamoti
    Miller Walsh Teddy

Preston Boyd Hosking IKat

AKP Nikorima Talau Tapine

Frustratingly, all my loop options in IKat, AKP and Nikorima play in the same game. Hopefully Talau is finally back this week (casualty ward says he should be) and I can chuck him in the loop & finally get that dead spot generating some cash.

Tempting fate by posting this, but thinking I might be able to hold trades if there are no major TLT surprises. Tapine and EKat are potentially on the chopping block, but I think Tapine is too valuable over origin/R13 so worth holding, and I wanna give EKat the opportunity to score 80 in his revenge game against the Warriors.

Let's see how TLT ruins those plans.
    mrbrownstone
    mrbrownstone

Post by mrbrownstone Wed Apr 19, 2023 11:14 am

I still think I can probably just hold trades and be fine. However, I'd be lying if I said I wasn't tempted by:

EKat -> Manu
    Alamoti -> Host/Crossland

Thoughts? Probably safer to just hold, right?
    The Goat Boys
    The Goat Boys

Post by The Goat Boys Wed Apr 19, 2023 2:41 pm

mrbrownstone wrote:I still think I can probably just hold trades and be fine. However, I'd be lying if I said I wasn't tempted by:

EKat -> Manu

Really like the trades.

However holding is also a suitable option.

Hope the rank rises continue for you.
    Rabbits21
    Rabbits21
    Fanatic

Post by Rabbits21 Thu Apr 20, 2023 1:34 pm

mrbrownstone wrote:I still think I can probably just hold trades and be fine. However, I'd be lying if I said I wasn't tempted by:

EKat -> Manu

I like getting Manu but Host gets around 65mins and I’m not sold on Crossland.

Current date/time is Mon Apr 29, 2024 9:03 pm