NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

2023 Mrbrownstone - New and Improved 2024 Edition

Jumping Marlin
    Jumping Marlin

2023 Mrbrownstone - New and Improved 2024 Edition - Page 9 Empty Re: 2023 Mrbrownstone - New and Improved 2024 Edition

Post by Jumping Marlin Wed Mar 20, 2024 6:52 pm

With a pure edge on the bench this week (Billy Burns), I'd take a wait and see with McInnis.

I see why you might have reservations on Fini and Mann. I think I'd go Fini as he's been clear back up for Luki whereas I think the Dogs is a lot less clear what's going on.
    Cap'n Ranta
    Cap'n Ranta

2023 Mrbrownstone - New and Improved 2024 Edition - Page 9 Empty Re: 2023 Mrbrownstone - New and Improved 2024 Edition

Post by Cap'n Ranta Wed Mar 20, 2024 9:33 pm

I’d get rid of McInnes

Don’t think he’s a keeper or got cash to make. If it helps get a cow or someone you like I’d do it. I’d grab Cotter first for the higher score. Extra cash will get you Lussick next week from Wong.

Don’t think you really need the third hooker which is why I’d deprioritise Lussick.

The extra MID in Cotter seems more useful for your squad given your get rid of Tups and McInnes.
    mrbrownstone
    mrbrownstone

Post by mrbrownstone Thu Mar 21, 2024 10:49 am

Cap'n Ranta wrote:I’d get rid of McInnes

Don’t think he’s a keeper or got cash to make. If it helps get a cow or someone you like I’d do it. I’d grab Cotter first for the higher score. Extra cash will get you Lussick next week from Wong.

Don’t think you really need the third hooker which is why I’d deprioritise Lussick.

The extra MID in Cotter seems more useful for your squad given your get rid of Tups and McInnes.

Yeah you're right, I hadn't really thought about it from a squad cover POV, was just looking at points/value. But I have to use Cheese at hooker next week to cover Grant's bye, and if I also want to sell McInnes and Sitili that leaves me short on MIDs. If I follow through on getting May + Cotter, then from a coverage POV:

Hooker:

Grant, Cheese

MID

Tatola, May, Cotter, Cheese, Salmon, Hughes

EDG

Piakura, Sitili, Salmon, Chan, Wong

HLF

Cleary, Moses, Galvin, Hutch, Flanagan

CTR

Strange, Burbo, Kiraz

WFB

Rapana, Pap, Kiraz

Next week Cheese covers hooker and Salmon may need to cover EDG, so another MID would be handy if I don't want to have to play Shoes.

Then next week Wong becomes a WFB (hopefully Campbell) to cover Pap an Sitili/someone else becomes an edge (Finefuiaki if he looks decent).

The risk with this strategy is that by not trading Wong I'm guaranteed to have 4 red dots next week with the Storm bye (Wong, Pap, Chan, Grant). Another injury/suspension and that adds up fast, and suddenly I can't field 17 even with max trading...

I think I like it though, scared to miss the boat on Cotter.
    mrbrownstone
    mrbrownstone

Post by mrbrownstone Sat Mar 23, 2024 4:10 pm

Final trades for the round=

Wong -> May
    Luki -> Finefeuiaki

Fairly straight bat. Bypassing Cotter for now and hoping McInnes benefits from Williams to the edge.
    mrbrownstone
    mrbrownstone

Post by mrbrownstone Wed Mar 27, 2024 3:18 pm

Much better round in R3, with a score of 889 propelling me from 82k -> 16k. Overall round rank of 130. Think that must be my single highest round rank rise. Kiraz and Rapana the highlights.

Anyway, onto the carnage. I've copped the following red dots this round:

Moses
    Piakura
    Cleary
    Grant
    Pap
    Chan

Lucky in some ways that I can still field 17.

Spoiler:

Moses and Piakura seem to be the most obvious sells given their recovery timelines. I definitely need a WFB to cover Pap, so the options I've been tinkering with are:

a) Ponga + KPP + 72k
    b) Campbell + Koro/Brown (gut says Brown) + 170ishk (probably to use on Sitili next week)

I'm leaning towards B at this stage. Would have started the season with Campbell if he was available and I think Brown kills it without Moses.

Also interested in Guth, Talagi, and the Titans situation (who gets Tino's mins), but those are all wait and see prospects.

In terms of captaincy, options are McInnes, May, and Brown/Koro if I go that route, with McInnes surely the safest in terms of floor. If he scores less than 50 with that bench I give up.
    mrbrownstone
    mrbrownstone

Post by mrbrownstone Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:45 pm

Locking in trade 1 as Piakura -> Campbell.

I need a WFB, I would have started with him at fit, and I don't see how anything's really changed. Titans were shit with or without Tino and he still scores well. Should be 10-12 points under priced.

Just leaves the decision of what to do with Moses. Shortlist being:

Fog
    Koro
    Brown
    KPP

I think I like KPP and Brown most of those two, in which case BEs would suggest getting KPP this week and saving 300k to upgrade to Brown next week if he looks good.
    mrbrownstone
    mrbrownstone

Post by mrbrownstone Wed Apr 03, 2024 12:43 pm

Bit of a meh week overall, neither great nor terrible. Scored 708 which was more or less bang on par according to YAFSS, and my rank didn't really go anywhere.

Trading in KPP and captaining McInness both worked out nicely, trading in Campbell less so but it's early days.

This week things seem pretty straightforward to me:

Sitili -> Brown
    Chan -> Talagi

Leaves me with this:

Grant (c)
    Cheese May Tatola
    KPP Finefeuiaki
    Brown Hutch
    Strange Kiraz
    Pap Rapana Campbell

Flanagan Salmon Talai Burbo

Hughes Galvin McInnes Cleary

Will probably lock those in unless anyone has a better suggestion?

Bigger question will be who to captain, with the only options I trust being Grant, May, or Brown. Most likely Grant has the highest floor.
    ForanAgainst
    ForanAgainst

Post by ForanAgainst Wed Apr 03, 2024 1:14 pm

Not using McInnes as a looper between Hughes and Burbo?
    mrbrownstone
    mrbrownstone

Post by mrbrownstone Wed Apr 03, 2024 2:22 pm

ForanAgainst wrote:Not using McInnes as a looper between Hughes and Burbo?

Oh yeah, I likely will, good point.
    mrbrownstone
    mrbrownstone

Post by mrbrownstone Thu Apr 11, 2024 11:00 am

Another pretty average round for me, 673 saw me drop from 16k -> 26k. What goes up must come down I suppose.

Very unclear on trades this week, lining up like this pre-trades:

Grant (c)
    McInnes May Tatola
    KPP Finefeuiaki
    Brown Hutch
    Burbo Strange
    Pap Campbell Kiraz

Cheese Salmon Flanagan Hughes

Rapana Talagi Galvin Cleary

Rapana is an easy trade, just not sure who to. I think I might hold Talagi just for now and hope he shows back up in the centres. The options I'm toying with are:

a) Rapana -> Crichton. I don't trust Robbo or Crichton as far as I can thrown them, but he's so cheap that it's bloody tempting.

b) Rapana -> Stewart/Iro. Get a cheapie and bank cash for Hynes next week. I don't think I trust Iro's JS and I'd rather look at Stewart for a week first.

c) Rapana & Cheese -> Hynes & Stewart. Gun cow. Get Hynes. Get a captain. I'd rather save a trade and I don't think Cheese is necessarily a trade, but gee it's tempting...

What do we reckon? Any suggestions welcome. I think I'm going to stupidly put my faith in Robbo again and get Angus.
    StuDogg101
    StuDogg101

Post by StuDogg101 Thu Apr 11, 2024 5:35 pm

mrbrownstone wrote:Another pretty average round for me, 673 saw me drop from 16k -> 26k. What goes up must come down I suppose.

Very unclear on trades this week, lining up like this pre-trades:

Grant (c)
    McInnes May Tatola
    KPP Finefeuiaki
    Brown Hutch
    Burbo Strange
    Pap Campbell Kiraz

Cheese Salmon Flanagan Hughes

Rapana Talagi Galvin Cleary

Rapana is an easy trade, just not sure who to. I think I might hold Talagi just for now and hope he shows back up in the centres. The options I'm toying with are:

a) Rapana -> Crichton. I don't trust Robbo or Crichton as far as I can thrown them, but he's so cheap that it's bloody tempting.

b) Rapana -> Stewart/Iro. Get a cheapie and bank cash for Hynes next week. I don't think I trust Iro's JS and I'd rather look at Stewart for a week first.

c) Rapana & Cheese -> Hynes & Stewart. Gun cow. Get Hynes. Get a captain. I'd rather save a trade and I don't think Cheese is necessarily a trade, but gee it's tempting...

What do we reckon? Any suggestions welcome. I think I'm going to stupidly put my faith in Robbo again and get Angus.

I would go Rapana to Crichton in a flash. Yeah we might get Robbo'd again, but as you say he's cheap for the potential. Even if he doesn't get 80 he'll hopefully score well enough to make some money in the interim. This way you can have a look at Stewart and see what you think next week.

I'm not overly keen on the two cows either, but I've currently gone Iro mostly because I have too many Raiders as it is, even by trading Rapana. I'm actually most interested in Chester tbh but that extra 80k (or whatever it is) is the stumbling block for me.

Current date/time is Mon Apr 29, 2024 7:55 pm