NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 6 - We're getting the Carty Party back together

The Dolphin Conspiracies
    The Dolphin Conspiracies

NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 6 - We're getting the Carty Party back together  - Page 45 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 6 - We're getting the Carty Party back together

Post by The Dolphin Conspiracies Wed Mar 01, 2023 9:08 pm

WT2K wrote:

Can't check DT or SMH at the moment, only seen from wacko. So, I guess he's read it from one of them.
    https://twitter.com/WackosWhispers/status/1630837665162735617?t=q4-Kb-X22tIxwHDVpU5NxQ&s=19

I was reading somewhere as well the Bird as rheumatoid arthritis, which is one reason he is so injury prone. I was planning to pick him and hold him for Round 2 but I changed my mind when I read that.
    Honey Badger
    Honey Badger

NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 6 - We're getting the Carty Party back together  - Page 45 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 6 - We're getting the Carty Party back together

Post by Honey Badger Wed Mar 01, 2023 9:08 pm

Yet again out of trades wrote:Thoughts on team any glaring issues ?

Boyd
    B Smith , tohu , Carrigan
    Hopgood , ebutch
    Cleary , mosses
    Itom , alamoti
    Ponga , turbo , teddy

Uto, Ford, Martin, Doorey
    Warbrick, akp , katoa, hss

Best back 3 ive seen!
    Mulvy
    Mulvy

Post by Mulvy Wed Mar 01, 2023 9:09 pm

ytsb wrote:

That sounds like a nightmare to me. I don't like Trindall in the slightest but can see the appeal with Blore. Quick 3ish weeks and 100k then out of there. Too much uncertainty with Preston. He's an easy pick up in 2-3 rounds time when his role is more certain.

Blore might only get a week too. I'm with Matt on Preston, looks great for fantasy, and he was in the 17 before the Thompson news, and TPJ seems to always be injured or suspended (haha he's in my draft side). Feels like one of those picks you keep getting lucky with.

As Rhino says, surely we get some further news on Hynes before Saturday? A couple of good scores from Trindall then trading to whichever cow I missed could work, as Chewie (?) said, I'm always fixing the team the first two weeks anyway.

Blore also good for fantasy. And there's so much conflicting news regarding his JS. I'm tempted. I have a fair risk appetite, but only prepared to go as far as two of the three I think. You may be right though, maybe that's too many.
    Goodnight Kiwi
    Goodnight Kiwi

Post by Goodnight Kiwi Wed Mar 01, 2023 9:09 pm

Why is Cartwright always the question, and never the answer?
    GoingNuts
    GoingNuts

Post by GoingNuts Wed Mar 01, 2023 9:09 pm

Mulvy wrote:

Pretty well balanced. Kenny's an unknown but should go okay, I'm waiting until rd4 to see. Fifita nice POD. Hammer not popular here, but could go as well as any other centre. Prefer TMM to Perham, both are a bit meh for fantasy, but they're cheap. Don't mind stashing Walsh, remember to set it up so you can loop either Warbrick or Perham with Talau if possbile as HIA insurance.

Thanks for the thoughts. I hadn’t thought of TMM, I will look into him. When you say set up for HIA loop. Is there a new way to loop? Or do you just mean put him in position 18?
    Yet again out of trades

Post by Yet again out of trades Wed Mar 01, 2023 9:09 pm

I'm surprised by lack of tohu harris as an option. Last season coming back off injury must of effected his scoring, and I think overall the wahs have made slight improvement in coach and roster.
    Yet again out of trades

Post by Yet again out of trades Wed Mar 01, 2023 9:11 pm

Goodnight Kiwi wrote:Why is Cartwright always the question, and never the answer?

This has a high probability to age well and could be a great title for next thread.
    Mulvy
    Mulvy

Post by Mulvy Wed Mar 01, 2023 9:12 pm

Yet again out of trades wrote:Thoughts on team any glaring issues ?

Boyd
    B Smith , tohu , Carrigan
    Hopgood , ebutch
    Cleary , mosses
    Itom , alamoti
    Ponga , turbo , teddy

Uto, Ford, Martin, Doorey
    Warbrick, akp , katoa, hss

That back three Beating Heart

Post by Guest Wed Mar 01, 2023 9:14 pm

And here I thought my back 3 of Tedesco,Mitchell,TTrbo was lite haha
    multiple.scoregasms
    multiple.scoregasms
    Fanatic

Post by multiple.scoregasms Wed Mar 01, 2023 9:14 pm

Think this is how I'll run out unless we get late news on Hynes

Spoiler:
    ytsb
    ytsb

Post by ytsb Wed Mar 01, 2023 9:15 pm

Mulvy wrote:

Blore might only get a week too. I'm with Matt on Preston, looks great for fantasy, and he was in the 17 before the Thompson news, and TPJ seems to always be injured or suspended (haha he's in my draft side). Feels like one of those picks you keep getting lucky with.

As Rhino says, surely we get some further news on Hynes before Saturday? A couple of good scores from Trindall then trading to whichever cow I missed could work, as Chewie (?) said, I'm always fixing the team the first two weeks anyway.

Blore also good for fantasy. And there's so much conflicting news regarding his JS. I'm tempted. I have a fair risk appetite, but only prepared to go as far as two of the three I think. You may be right though, maybe that's too many.

I think you're dancing with the devil. How many years do you look at your team before R1 and think "yep this is better than any i've seen on this forum and facebook, and there aren't any issues with my players that I can see" Only to have 3 red dots by round 3.

I took on the risk with Billy Smith and had a wasted position for like 15 weeks last year and it munted my season.
    Mulvy
    Mulvy

Post by Mulvy Wed Mar 01, 2023 9:16 pm

GoingNuts wrote:

Thanks for the thoughts. I hadn’t thought of TMM, I will look into him.  When you say set up for HIA loop. Is there a new way to loop?  Or do you just mean put him in position 18?

No, no new loop. I didn't look too closely. But I'm not expecting much from Talau, but whatever he scores is probably better than a HIA affected -1 points (in the unlikely event) from one of the other two.
    ytsb
    ytsb

Post by ytsb Wed Mar 01, 2023 9:18 pm

multiple.scoregasms wrote:Think this is how I'll run out unless we get late news on Hynes

Spoiler:

Love your Collins pick mate. I had him in my team all the way up to the Crichton conspiracy that he'd be out for 10 rounds. Personally don't see the appeal with Ponga at all but you've probably got an epic reason. Can't really fault anything else.

I'm interested to hear your opinion on Egan Butcher as a Chooks fan. I reckon he's the better Butcher and we all saw what Nat is capable of if he gets 80 mins on an edge.

Last edited by ytsb on Wed Mar 01, 2023 9:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Holzman
    Holzman

Post by Holzman Wed Mar 01, 2023 9:19 pm

Unless I'm missing something it looks like Hynes most likely back next week or at worst 2.

What's the play with Trindal?

Put up a 50 at best for a good first week then dump him for 35k profit next week?

Really needs 3 weeks for me which looks unlikely.

Last edited by Holzman on Wed Mar 01, 2023 9:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
    the_great_wobbler
    the_great_wobbler

Post by the_great_wobbler Wed Mar 01, 2023 9:23 pm

ytsb wrote:

I think you're dancing with the devil. How many years do you look at your team before R1 and think "yep this is better than any i've seen on this forum and facebook, and there aren't any issues with my players that I can see" Only to have 3 red dots by round 3.

I took on the risk with Billy Smith and had a wasted position for like 15 weeks last year and it munted my season.

I too had Billy Smith but he was worth about 20 points a week as a great looper almost every round. Silver linings.
    Yet again out of trades

Post by Yet again out of trades Wed Mar 01, 2023 9:24 pm

Think I'm gonna risk it and chuck the ( c ) on teddy round 1 since most teams are looking the same. What's everyone else doing.

Tu - other
    Td - cleary
    code delta
    code delta

Post by code delta Wed Mar 01, 2023 9:26 pm

Loomer wrote:I would love to upgrade a CTR but no one jumping out. Holmes too expensive. Best 500k a bit pricey too but think he could be good
    Koula?
    Loomer
    Loomer

Post by Loomer Wed Mar 01, 2023 9:27 pm

GarethEllisismyDad wrote:
    Really like it

I’m not keen on kenny as he has sonny luke on bench to replace him, then he’ll revert to middle

Can I interest you in josh Hodgson, no obvious bench replacement, gun scorer from years back, obviously a large risk as he has missed significant time,

That said kenny will probably score well

I had Kenny for a while because I think he will move to middle when Luke comes on and could still get +60 mins. Just uncertainty has made me move on but don't think he'll be much different from Cheese
    Loomer
    Loomer

Post by Loomer Wed Mar 01, 2023 9:30 pm

code delta wrote:
    Koula?

Could be a go but I'll watch first game then they have bye
    Loomer
    Loomer

Post by Loomer Wed Mar 01, 2023 9:32 pm

Holzman wrote:Unless I'm missing something it looks like Hynes most likely back next week or at worst 2.

What's the play with Trindal?

Put up a 50 at best for a good first week then dump him for 35k profit next week?

Really needs 3 weeks for me which looks unlikely.

Rumours that he's out longer

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 11:14 pm