NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 6 - We're getting the Carty Party back together

King Assassin
    King Assassin

NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 6 - We're getting the Carty Party back together  - Page 24 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 6 - We're getting the Carty Party back together

Post by King Assassin Wed Mar 01, 2023 11:59 am

I currently have I.Katoa in my 18-21, I have Boyd on the bench so I'm not desperate for half cover. I also have 108k ITB.
    Which is my best option?
    a) Upgrade Katoa to a a close to base price forward (Blore, Saulo, Keppie)
    b) Run with Katoa and bank the cash
    c) Run with Katoa and upgrade Wilton or Garner to Eutcher
    d)Upgrade Katoa to TMM (who might not even score more but it slightly safer)
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 6 - We're getting the Carty Party back together  - Page 24 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 6 - We're getting the Carty Party back together

Post by Milchcow Wed Mar 01, 2023 11:59 am

my tv broke wrote:

My hot tip is that Carty swaps to bench in the confirmed teamlists.

They are the first up game, so its an easy swap via Doordash if that happens
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Wed Mar 01, 2023 11:59 am

bigbruno wrote:Absolutely no love for DFifi so far. Are we scarred by last year? or just too much value in Edges to start with to make some coin before hopefully picking him up?

With the addition of Foran, Boyd there to feed him as well with AJ again, and a contract year.. gut feel is screaming get him in

Fifita is someone i want but its hard to fit in with squad balance.

He just scores points so easily when hes barely even doing anything. Any sort of form from both him and the titans and he is a must have.

I still might do it.
    Bethany_B
    Bethany_B

Post by Bethany_B Wed Mar 01, 2023 12:00 pm

King Assassin wrote:I currently have I.Katoa in my 18-21, I have Boyd on the bench so I'm not desperate for half cover. I also have 108k ITB.
    Which is my best option?
    a) Upgrade Katoa to a a close to base price forward (Blore, Saulo, Keppie)
    b) Run with Katoa and bank the cash
    c) Run with Katoa and upgrade Wilton or Garner to Eutcher
    d)Upgrade Katoa to TMM (who might not even score more but it slightly safer)

Run with Katoa and get Egan Butcher, with Angus out at least 10 weeks he's got no real threats on the edge
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Wed Mar 01, 2023 12:00 pm

my tv broke wrote:

He just scores points so easily when hes barely even doing anything. Any sort of form from both him and the titans and he is a must have.

I still might do it.

I am also not as sold on a lot of the bargain edges as others here.
    Welsh Mafia
    Welsh Mafia

Post by Welsh Mafia Wed Mar 01, 2023 12:03 pm

my tv broke wrote:

I still might do it.

Keep dancing with the same thought mate. Currently got Teddy in the WFB's as otherwise they're so light. The alternative is go TMM back there, and pop Fifi in the edges. But doing so you end up with 5-6 edges in your squad. Think the opportunity of value lost by going with him outweights the potential he brings. Either way, he'll have the odd shitty game or two we can grab him after.
    Welsh Mafia
    Welsh Mafia

Post by Welsh Mafia Wed Mar 01, 2023 12:04 pm

my tv broke wrote:

I am also not as sold on a lot of the bargain edges as others here.

Hopgood is probably in most teams. Storm edges hard to turn down and then Doorey seems a pretty steady cow for your EMG's. Who aren't you a fan of?
    King Assassin
    King Assassin

Post by King Assassin Wed Mar 01, 2023 12:04 pm

my tv broke wrote:

My hot tip is that Carty swaps to bench in the confirmed teamlists.

If thats the case its an easy switch to Doorey before kick off. Ill have the fun in the lead up while i can
    mrbrownstone
    mrbrownstone

Post by mrbrownstone Wed Mar 01, 2023 12:05 pm

Stupid question - just created a new team tracker, how do I update the link?
    sbr202

Post by sbr202 Wed Mar 01, 2023 12:05 pm

Anyone willing to speculate on how many minutes Ryan Sutton will get?
    King Assassin
    King Assassin

Post by King Assassin Wed Mar 01, 2023 12:07 pm

Bethany_B wrote:

Run with Katoa and get Egan Butcher, with Angus out at least 10 weeks he's got no real threats on the edge

Will he score much more then Wilton or Garner though?
    Welsh Mafia
    Welsh Mafia

Post by Welsh Mafia Wed Mar 01, 2023 12:07 pm

sbr202 wrote:Anyone willing to speculate on how many minutes Ryan Sutton will get?

StormTrooper96
    StormTrooper96

Post by StormTrooper96 Wed Mar 01, 2023 12:07 pm

Anyone have any thoughts on Gilbert?
    8 - Bromwich - Old, Can't play big minutes anymore
    9 - JMK - does he play 80? Maybe later in the year
    10 - Wallace - averaged about 42 minutes last year at prop and don't see that changing much
    11 - Kaufusi - can play 80
    12 - KBrom - see above
    13 - Gilbert - I reckon he sees around 60 minutes, possibly more, plays a bit of a Jurbo type game but can break more tackles

14 - Herman - Not a big minute guy off the bench, more of a prop these days. Probably first cab off the rank for Jesse.
    15 - Nicholls - Another who doesn't notably take a lot of minutes off the bench. My guess would be that he probably replaces Wallace not long after Jesse comes off
    16 - Stone - Dabbled in some Lock in his time at the Eels, I do remember he came through more as a hooker though. Possibly replaces Gilbert around the middle of the game and then maybe give JMK a break when Gilbert comes back on before JMK finishes out the last 15 minutes.
    17 - Donoghoe - Listed as a centre so no clue here? HIA backup for the back line?
    GreenSchist
    GreenSchist

Post by GreenSchist Wed Mar 01, 2023 12:07 pm

my tv broke wrote:

I still might do it.

He's hard to fit into a team but it looks amazing if you can manage it.
    Fifita is one of the last guys I managed to put in and I'm very happy I made the room. The ease with which he scores points along with the base stats give me more confidence than going with a gun CTR/WFB. If it completely flops in weeks 1-2, then I will just switch him for either Turbo or Teddy (after the bye).
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Wed Mar 01, 2023 12:07 pm

bigbruno wrote:

Hopgood is probably in most teams. Storm edges hard to turn down and then Doorey seems a pretty steady cow for your EMG's. Who aren't you a fan of?

Currently have those guys except loeiro. Not sure on him. Maybe overthinking it.

Hopgood DPP is more of a mid for me (but will list him at 14).

Doorey in nprs.
    mrbrownstone
    mrbrownstone

Post by mrbrownstone Wed Mar 01, 2023 12:10 pm

bigbruno wrote:

Think it'll be more in the 41.4-43-6 range personally.

Post by Guest Wed Mar 01, 2023 12:11 pm

How many minutes will Leeson Ah Mau gain from last year?

Last edited by Boozecluez on Wed Mar 01, 2023 2:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Welsh Mafia
    Welsh Mafia

Post by Welsh Mafia Wed Mar 01, 2023 12:12 pm

GreenSchist wrote:

He's hard to fit into a team but it looks amazing if you can manage it.
    Fifita is one of the last guys I managed to put in and I'm very happy I made the room. The ease with which he scores points along with the base stats give me more confidence than going with a gun CTR/WFB. If it completely flops in weeks 1-2, then I will just switch him for either Turbo or Teddy (after the bye).

Grr... and just like that I flip Teddy back into Dfifi.
    Snatchpato
    Snatchpato

Post by Snatchpato Wed Mar 01, 2023 12:14 pm

Pretty sure one of my "lessons learned from last year" was DO NOT START WITH FIFITA

I think I even used all caps. The mental anguish of watching him play was too great.

With that said he's currently in my team and boy it looks good.
    Camo123
    Camo123
    Fanatic

Post by Camo123 Wed Mar 01, 2023 12:15 pm

GreenSchist wrote:Have finally settled on a team I am happy with. I may be deluded but the hope is that I won't tinker anymore unless more news comes out about roles/injuries.

Grant
    Tapine, Hass, Carrigan
    Fifita, E.Butcher
    Doueihi, Boyd
    Alamoti, Thompson
    Warbrick, Miller, Talau

Cheese, Hopgood, E.Katoa, Ford
    Preston, Trindall, I.Katoa, HSS

Yes, I am ridiculously cheap and shallow in the backs but I can't get past the security and high scoring potential of my MID/EDG. Fifita looks fit and ready to go. Love the idea of having him as a POD.
    No Cleary, Murry or Cook so I will be Captaining one of Grant or Haas...
    HSS in Emergency as WFB/Ctr cover (via Talau and Thompson). Keen to see how these guys play out. Happy to drop Thompson/Miller after 1-2 weeks if they look like duds and there is a cheaper option available.
    This will also help with my eventual plan of bringing in Cleary or Hynes (injury dependent) for Doueihi for Rd 4 (after Panthers bye).
    Bank Trindall once Hynes returns (fingers crossed it's more 3-4 weeks - calves are niggly)!
    That along with my other cash outs will hopefully allow me to bring in Turbo shortly after the Manly bye.
    Then set and forget until SOO and ride the cashies!!  rabbit

Sounds great in theory, never gonna be that easy but im happy with the risk reward strategy.

Another option could be to downgrade Grant to Hodgson to free up cash but I honestly don't know much about Hodgson (other than that he's old/older and returning from injury).
    Any thoughts or insights into why the Eels Hooker might be a good option as a cashie and low end gun?

Not sure why you’d plan to sell Doueihi for Cleary/Hynes given 60 average at 5/8
    Would be better off planning EButcher maybe to time with bye

Current date/time is Sun May 12, 2024 12:38 pm