NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 6 - We're getting the Carty Party back together

Ramitinmyhaaas
    Ramitinmyhaaas

NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 6 - We're getting the Carty Party back together  - Page 40 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 6 - We're getting the Carty Party back together

Post by Ramitinmyhaaas Wed Mar 01, 2023 7:55 am

Do we reckon Liddle plays 80 mins this season lads?

Only player I can think of that may be a danger to his mins is if Bud sullivan is named at 14?
    Moanaman
    Moanaman

NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 6 - We're getting the Carty Party back together  - Page 40 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 6 - We're getting the Carty Party back together

Post by Moanaman Wed Mar 01, 2023 7:56 am

So, here is where I'm at after TLT. Would love some feedback from you all. I have $160K ITB to fix any issues R2

Hodgson - 80 min hooker in last years Grand Final team
    Carrigan - He's so handsome but also set and forget until R13
    Haas (V) - Beast Mode
    Sutton - Should play plenty of mins for at least 6-8 weeks
    E Butcher - Punt he puts out just below Gun numbers
    E Katoa - Cash cow until Melbourne Bye
    (C)leary
    Moses - Set and forget for 13 rounds
    HSS - Meh but everyone did. 5-6 weeks of cash cow
    Alamoti - Job Security and should make some decent cash
    Warbrick - Punt based on trials and Bethany pumping him up
    Turbo - Gun in anyone's language, praying for Hamstrings to hold together
    Miller - Another 7's player like Warbrick, silky foot work reminds me of Teddy at Wests

Hopgood - Hopgreat! Like my favorite IPA
    Boyd - Will steer the Titans, DPP is a plus
    Cheese - Big min hooker with DPP, love it
    Trindall - Taking a punt Hynes is out for more than one week

Doorey - After Brads verbal blowjob today, he's a must isn't he?
    Hymel Hunt - Warm body with DPP
    TMM - See above, should be good for 30-40 a week
    Bryce Mutherfucking Cartwright - Party Time!
    mattnz
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Wed Mar 01, 2023 7:58 am

The Dolphin Conspiracies wrote:

If you look at his stats he is also capable of a lot less. Especially if he gets hooked for Momoisea or Murchie. The Eels have a lot of forwards on the bench.
    The last time he had a decent EDG role he only needed a 53 minute average to get 49 points in games > 40 minutes.
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Wed Mar 01, 2023 7:59 am

Loomer wrote:
    mattnz wrote:
    If this is true, and Matterson is only a MID, in 6 weeks at EDG with a 45 average (capable of more), Carty will make more than Doorey even if he exceeds his average as starting EDG and hits 35 if you held him to the first bye. Creating fast cash has value.

That implies Carty plays 80 or even +60 for 6 weeks and after BA video I'm not so sure

Arthur said expect Doorey to play 80, but not in week 1. Long term that suggests he is the one, and Carty will make way for Lane.
    Partyers will hope he's made enough cash before that happens. Doordashers will just have him plodding along making some money

Momoisea will play in the "back row" when coaches say that do they mean 'edge' or do they refer to lock as well?
    Murchie will play edge or middle

So reading between lines, Momoisea will give Doorey a spell. Murchie may or may not come in for Cartwright, guess it depends on how the game is going and how gassed Cartwright is.
    GarethEllisismyDad
    GarethEllisismyDad

Post by GarethEllisismyDad Wed Mar 01, 2023 7:59 am

Moanaman wrote:So, here is where I'm at after TLT. Would love some feedback from you all. I have $160K ITB to fix any issues R2

Haas (V) - Beast Mode
    (C)leary
    Miller - Another 7's player like Warbrick, silky foot work reminds me of Teddy at Wests

Like except carty
    GarethEllisismyDad
    GarethEllisismyDad

Post by GarethEllisismyDad Wed Mar 01, 2023 8:00 am

Nothing better than waking up in England and reading 18 odd pages- thank you all
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Wed Mar 01, 2023 8:00 am

Ramitinmyhaaas wrote:Do we reckon Liddle plays 80 mins this season lads?

Only player I can think of that may be a danger to his mins is if Bud sullivan is named at 14?

Did they sign Turner to go straight into starting team?

Mbye/Sullivan could easily take a bench utiltiy role. Liddle's injury history is a concern too, he rarely strings heaps of games together
    Welsh Mafia
    Welsh Mafia

Post by Welsh Mafia Wed Mar 01, 2023 8:01 am

TU: DFifi
    TD: Tapine

Position doens't matter
    ForanAgainst
    ForanAgainst

Post by ForanAgainst Wed Mar 01, 2023 8:02 am

ShadowSabre wrote:

Depends how you choose to frame it

I’m trying to think of one, but am finding myself in a bit of a jamb.
    GreenSchist
    GreenSchist

Post by GreenSchist Wed Mar 01, 2023 8:03 am

Might seem like a stupid question but it’s an option I’m am seriously considering:
    Am I better to

1. Upgrade Carrigan to Murray and just enjoy the certainty of points, even if it means I have weak back.

Or

2. Keep Carrigan and pocket the cash so I can upgrade my backs once it becomes evident who the must haves are (weeks 1-2).

Seems stupid to not just go Murray but I’m high on Carrigan and don’t want to give up on his potential to rise

Not a bad problem to have on the Eve of competition really…
    Shady2K
    Shady2K

Post by Shady2K Wed Mar 01, 2023 8:04 am

Moanaman wrote:So, here is where I'm at after TLT. Would love some feedback from you all. I have $160K ITB to fix any issues R2

Haas (V) - Beast Mode
    (C)leary

What are you expecting out of Moses?
    code delta
    code delta

Post by code delta Wed Mar 01, 2023 8:06 am

MF wrote:I’m surprised how many Doorey puns there are

Hunkey ......'
    Welsh Mafia
    Welsh Mafia

Post by Welsh Mafia Wed Mar 01, 2023 8:07 am

Has there been anything concrete on if Walsh is definitely back for rd 2 or not?
    Regulator
    Regulator

Post by Regulator Wed Mar 01, 2023 8:08 am

StormTrooper96 wrote:Taumalolo 630K 43BE

Any chance he can get back to his 2020 form? From memory he has carried a couple of injuries over the last two years. 2020 saw him average a monster 63.7 ppg. Granted his minutes back then were 63mpg compared to 54mpg last year, he still had an average of 59.3ppg when playing between 50-60 minutes.

Really struggled last year at times (fantasy wise). With the Cowboys back to being a top 4 contender, and Gilbert moving on I can't really see anyone on that bench taking too many minutes away from him, so maybe his minutes might bump up again this year.

Between 150-250K cheaper than some popular picks like Tapine, Murray, Carrigan and Haas... He could find his way back to that upper echelon of players.

I'd sooner pick Dugan.
    Moanaman
    Moanaman

Post by Moanaman Wed Mar 01, 2023 8:09 am

Shady2K wrote:

What are you expecting out of Moses?

55-60 and no byes before Origin. I'm dying on this hill after that trial match and BA's presser today
    Mulvy
    Mulvy

Post by Mulvy Wed Mar 01, 2023 8:14 am

Moanaman wrote:

I wouldn't say that out loud. Loves a calf tear.
    Mulvy
    Mulvy

Post by Mulvy Wed Mar 01, 2023 8:16 am

Milchcow wrote:

Did they sign Turner to go straight into starting team?

Mbye/Sullivan could easily take a bench utiltiy role. Liddle's injury history is a concern too, he rarely strings heaps of games together

I think Liddle is a good draft pick. As you say risky for overall though.
    Shady2K
    Shady2K

Post by Shady2K Wed Mar 01, 2023 8:17 am

Moanaman wrote:

55-60 and no byes before Origin. I'm dying on this hill after that trial match and BA's presser today

A Doueihi alternative pretty much? I don't mind the pick, but having heaps of Eels already (Hodgo, Hopgood, cheap edges) is kinda iffy. Would make the first game more fun to watch though
    Mulvy
    Mulvy

Post by Mulvy Wed Mar 01, 2023 8:19 am

bigbruno wrote:Has there been anything concrete on if Walsh is definitely back for rd 2 or not?

No but it's a facial injury, not like a calf or hammy that can set you back or stop you from running, so you could safely pick him if that's your thing, especially if your bench wfb playing Thursday night does well. Wink
    Moanaman
    Moanaman

Post by Moanaman Wed Mar 01, 2023 8:19 am

Shady2K wrote:

A Doueihi alternative pretty much? I don't mind the pick, but having heaps of Eels already (Hodgo, Hopgood, cheap edges) is kinda iffy. Would make the first game more fun to watch though

Exactly that and he *should* outscore Doueihi by Origin.

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 12:26 pm