NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 2 - What's the magic number ?

my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 2  - What's the magic number ? - Page 29 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 2 - What's the magic number ?

Post by my tv broke Wed Feb 08, 2023 8:59 pm

TheRookie101 wrote:What did the deleted tweet say about Angus Crichton?? Please fill me in he was in my team

It said its pointless making a fantasy team in early february
    Lchy
    Lchy

NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 2  - What's the magic number ? - Page 29 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 2 - What's the magic number ?

Post by Lchy Wed Feb 08, 2023 9:02 pm

robelgordo wrote:

Still don’t know the rumour but I vaguely posted he’s an avoid on Dec 25 based on a very solid source.

yeah it's pretty sad actually because it sounds like he's had some proper demons since breaking up with his mrs last year
    rhinoceroo
    rhinoceroo
    Fanatic

Post by rhinoceroo Wed Feb 08, 2023 9:25 pm

my tv broke wrote:

Props to you if you've managed to resist it. Having the app available and just looking at a load of white boxes and plus signs and going "not yet, be still" is some proper zen mastery.
    mickspicks
    mickspicks

Post by mickspicks Wed Feb 08, 2023 9:37 pm

I have had JBrailey in my hooker position until two days ago. Just got a feeling he is a solid pick there. But now I have EClark, a bit of an unknown.

TBoyd keeps popping in and out too. Trap city there I am sure of it. Rather Ilias?

R2 aside, anyone think Koula can kick on this year? Also eyeing a sneaky Tuilagi as an edge bench, but with EKatoa and a couple others maybe not with it.
    Lchy
    Lchy

Post by Lchy Wed Feb 08, 2023 10:16 pm

Titans, Tigers, Dolphins players all have new fantasy pictures. Not sure if I'm still keen on Tino, are there any stats on performance with vs without the mullet? Can't find that filter on footystatistics
    The Pascoe Fiasco
    The Pascoe Fiasco

Post by The Pascoe Fiasco Wed Feb 08, 2023 10:55 pm

mickspicks wrote:I have had JBrailey in my hooker position until two days ago. Just got a feeling he is a solid pick there. But now I have EClark, a bit of an unknown.

TBoyd keeps popping in and out too. Trap city there I am sure of it. Rather Ilias?

R2 aside, anyone think Koula can kick on this year? Also eyeing a sneaky Tuilagi as an edge bench, but with EKatoa and a couple others maybe not with it.
    Tuilagi was so frustrating to own last year. He has a bye Rd 2 so watch and wait as his pruce won’t rise dramatically. I’d definitely be on J Brailley over Clark! Clark is still relatively new to lock and his minutes are unknown! Brailley should be pretty close to 80 and has great byes and draw.

Post by Guest Wed Feb 08, 2023 11:25 pm

Krump wrote:
    Id be absolutely amazed if 90% of people on here don’t here rumours from mates of an nrl player.
    Seems like South’s fans have sources instead of mates of mates of the cousins dog of the kid who just got his first run in flegg.

Only bit of info I ever got was from Blake Learys dad who banked where I was working. He told me Blake was signed by the Titans for the 2018 season to replace Ashley Taylor in the halves. When I questioned him later in the season when I saw him again, he said the signing of Arrow ruined all those plans??

Very very strange
    Rabbits21
    Rabbits21
    Fanatic

Post by Rabbits21 Wed Feb 08, 2023 11:45 pm

Not good at all on Angus dont wish that on anyone, mental health issues run in my family too and irs such a bad thing. He does lots of good stuff Charity wise off the field as well Angus seems a good bloke. I hope he gets the help he needs and good on him for going to get some help.
    Rabbits21
    Rabbits21
    Fanatic

Post by Rabbits21 Wed Feb 08, 2023 11:59 pm

robelgordo wrote:

I forgot I rode off the back of Rabbits thinking he’s got scoops so mine seemed like a throwaway. But I legit had a scoop. Probably my first and last. Everything else I have or ever will post is rumours from mates.
    I knew about Havili about 10 days ago from someone high up on the club board but I had to keep it on the downlow (this is legit). I know people as well who lead the Burrow so I sometimes get good info.
    Rabbits21
    Rabbits21
    Fanatic

Post by Rabbits21 Thu Feb 09, 2023 12:05 am

mickspicks wrote:I have had JBrailey in my hooker position until two days ago. Just got a feeling he is a solid pick there. But now I have EClark, a bit of an unknown.

I’ll watch Ilias closely in the Charity Shield but we do have a hard draw to start with but he did improve at the back end of last year but scoring was still up and down. I see some value there priced at 30ish but not sure there is quite 10 points of value.

With Boyd it’s the DPP that is nice and Sexton isn’t very good. But yes true it’s the Titans so who knows.

Have you considered Reed Mahoney at hooker?

Is anyone keen on Coen Hess if he starts edge for the Cowboys and plays the Gilbert role of edge and middle? I think he’s priced at about 33. Luki is back round 4 or 5 but you’d think he would be on limited mins initially and down on fitness.
    Aardvark Ratnick
    Aardvark Ratnick

Post by Aardvark Ratnick Thu Feb 09, 2023 12:14 am

Cookie only 3.75% ownership surprises me, Super Pod , I,m sure that will change come R1 kick off.
    mickspicks
    mickspicks

Post by mickspicks Thu Feb 09, 2023 12:35 am

Rabbits21 wrote:
    I’ll watch Ilias closely in the Charity Shield but we do have a hard draw to start with but he did improve at the back end of last year but scoring was still up and down. I see some value there priced at 30ish but not sure there is quite 10 points of value.

With Boyd it’s the DPP that is nice and Sexton isn’t very good. But yes true it’s the Titans so who knows.

Have you considered Reed Mahoney at hooker?

Is anyone keen on Coen Hess if he starts edge for the Cowboys and plays the Gilbert role of edge and middle? I think he’s priced at about 33. Luki is back round 4 or 5 but you’d think he would be on limited mins initially and down on fitness.

Reed is intriguing. Will he have to do as much tackling with that doggies pack? I rate him as a player but as a fantasy player I'm not sure... more value elsewhere? But if I'm considering JBrai then maybe I should have a look at Reed.
    manlybeaver
    manlybeaver

Post by manlybeaver Thu Feb 09, 2023 1:33 am

Current team with weak backs looks alot different to most posted teams.

Cook
    Haas Harris cotter
    Fifita Curran
    Boyd illias
    Talau alamonti
    Tmm perham gennings

Cheese Elliot Garner hopgood

Sloan fuimoano Mooney doorey

If the half's don't hold their own I'd be behind the 8 ball straight away. Forwards and bench might make up for it
    rhinoceroo
    rhinoceroo
    Fanatic

Post by rhinoceroo Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:36 am

manlybeaver wrote:Current team with weak backs looks alot different to most posted teams.

Cook
    Haas Harris cotter
    Fifita Curran
    Boyd illias
    Talau alamonti
    Tmm perham gennings

If the half's don't hold their own I'd be behind the 8 ball straight away. Forwards and bench might make up for it

Will be an interesting experiment ..

One thing for sure though is that having eight backs in your 21 covering seven slots is going to fuck you up, so at least get some more cover.
    multiple.scoregasms
    multiple.scoregasms

Post by multiple.scoregasms Thu Feb 09, 2023 5:26 am

Source telling me some Cowboys info that doesn't actually help anything for fantasy

For context, Cowboys usually split reserve grade players between Townsville Blackhawks, Northern Pride and Mackay Cutters. These are assigned at the start of the season for all contracted Cowboys players. This year all the fringe first graders (including the likes of Tamou) will be assigned to Blackhawks, where Pride and Cutters will be getting the likes of Holmes, Taumalolo, Dearden that are going nowhere near reserve grade.

Leads the thought that NRL are pushing towards a proper reserve grade comp rather than the current system.

Tamou being outside the best 17 opens the door for the likes of JTB and Neame but neither are really fantasy relevant
    easytiger
    easytiger

NRL FF Survivor Champion : 2022

Post by easytiger Thu Feb 09, 2023 5:53 am

Just a reminder that the NRL FF 2023 Fantasy Draft leagues 1, 2 & 3 will close soon.
    If you are interested, please register your name ASAP;
    https://www.nrlfantasyfanatics.com/t2069-nrlff-2023-fantasy-draft-league

We are aiming to start the Drafts following the first round of trials at 10pm AEST 12th February

If you were involved last year and would like to keep your spot, please let me know;
    @sajjos
    @jele
    @wolfking
    @quicksand
    @my tv broke
    @luckynumber8
    @sbr202
    @Cookie Monster
    @RandomSil
    @Weiland

Thanks!
    Honey Badger
    Honey Badger

Post by Honey Badger Thu Feb 09, 2023 6:37 am

my tv broke wrote:

Half the fun of fantasy is picking that perfect team in Feb!
    Moanaman
    Moanaman

Post by Moanaman Thu Feb 09, 2023 7:43 am

If any of you are struggling with your own mental health or just need a chat, feel free to DM me.

I've had my own Mental Health issues and I know how hard it can be when you cant see a way forward.

Now back to our normal programs.

Post by Guest Thu Feb 09, 2023 8:37 am

Moanaman wrote:If any of you are struggling with your own mental health or just need a chat, feel free to DM me.

I've had my own Mental Health issues and I know how hard it can be when you cant see a way forward.

Now back to our normal programs.

You’re a top bloke mate. Along with @Pain he genuinely cares as well
    The Dolphin Conspiracies
    The Dolphin Conspiracies

Post by The Dolphin Conspiracies Thu Feb 09, 2023 9:21 am

manlybeaver wrote:Current team with weak backs looks alot different to most posted teams.

Cook
    Haas Harris cotter
    Fifita Curran
    Boyd illias
    Talau alamonti
    Tmm perham gennings

No HLF or CTR on yr bench would also make life difficult. At the very least you should switch TMM and Sloan

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 9:27 pm