NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 2 - What's the magic number ?

The Pascoe Fiasco
    The Pascoe Fiasco

NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 2  - What's the magic number ? - Page 17 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 2 - What's the magic number ?

Post by The Pascoe Fiasco Sun Feb 05, 2023 2:16 pm

multiple.scoregasms wrote:MS hot take Turuva will outscore Miller comfortably for a similar price point
    How about Tommy Talau to score more than Miller? That would be great if it was to happen. A bold prediction for two rounds isn’t really bold!
    Rabbits21
    Rabbits21
    Fanatic

NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 2  - What's the magic number ? - Page 17 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 2 - What's the magic number ?

Post by Rabbits21 Sun Feb 05, 2023 2:18 pm

rhinoceroo wrote:

Hahaha amazing stuff. Got to love the daft lads of the NRL, there's always something. https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/mitchell-and-wighton-arrested-over-alleged-birthday-party-incident-20230205-p5chzo.html

Not an expert, but the charge against Mitchell sounds more serious than the one against Wighton, but depends on what actually happened.  

Not fantasy relevant as it'll only bring in Blake Taafe 😄

https://wwos.nine.com.au/nrl/news-2022-latrell-mitchell-jack-wighton-arrested-in-canberra/7181b65e-d2d6-4e5e-8d9f-10a6625fb4ab

Hold on seems like it could be a massive over reaction. A storm in a tea cup.

I don’t think anything will come of it but nothing good happens with footy players and alcohol at 3 or 4am in the morning.
    The Pascoe Fiasco
    The Pascoe Fiasco

Post by The Pascoe Fiasco Sun Feb 05, 2023 2:23 pm

Genderbender wrote:L Mitchell and J Wighton have been arrested for fighting.
    At least rugby league was the winner! I was worried the off season had been a little too quiet! There is still another month of potential stupidity to go!
    The Pascoe Fiasco
    The Pascoe Fiasco

Post by The Pascoe Fiasco Sun Feb 05, 2023 2:32 pm

Genderbender wrote:I’ve had Sloan down in NPR all preseason, thoughts is obviously he’s a starting FB at $250k and handy loop for round 1.
    Had another thought though, potentially running another playing cow round 1 and essentially rolling the dice to see how they go, with the opportunity to go and use a trade round 2 to Sloan for a failing cow.
    It’s an interesting that both ways can have negative and positive outcomes, I’d like to know other people’s thoughts on it.

The player you roll the dice with instead of looping Sloan could be the one that takes off, making large coin and potentially using a trade to bring that guy in anyway. But this means you’d be looking at a trade to bring Sloan in and potentially a lower round one score.

Starting with Sloan essentially gives you a loop with a chance of increased round 1 points yet a player who won’t earn you anything in terms of coin, and a missed opportunity at a playing cow.

Thoughts?
    I’m using him as a loop. Alas, my only player to loop is Doorey, as my bottom three are Talau, Luke, and AKP so it’s probably pretty useless. Who at 250k were you planning to bring in? Currently the only cheapie I’m aware of is Dunster or Alamoti (who, if chosen, replaces Talau. I would get Sloan in pre round 1 or not at all. If a cheap forwrd or half should magically appear then he would be my first one out. He’s not worth a trade in in round two.
    robelgordo
    robelgordo
    Fanatic

Post by robelgordo Sun Feb 05, 2023 2:56 pm

I’ve had a public wrestle in Canberra at 3am before with a mate, lucky I wasn’t swarmed lol

Sounds like a couple of lads having a bit of a drunken stupid fun and the public/cops overreacted big time, likely because they are famous footy players. Waste of everyone’s time.

Post by Guest Sun Feb 05, 2023 3:07 pm

The Pascoe Fiasco wrote:

I’m using him as a loop. Alas, my only player to loop is Doorey, as my bottom three are Talau, Luke, and AKP so it’s probably pretty useless. Who at 250k were you planning to bring in? Currently the only cheapie I’m aware of is Dunster or Alamoti (who, if chosen, replaces Talau. I would get Sloan in pre round 1 or not at all. If a cheap forwrd or half should magically appear then he would be my first one out. He’s not worth a trade in in round two.

So an example for me would probably be someone like RStone. Priced at $257k and more than likely coming off the bench at Dolphin’s. Personally I’m dead against bench props even in npr however maybe you pick someone like him up and he plays 20 -25 mins and scores 20-30. Makes barely no money and looks likely to stay that way, you trade him to Sloan Round two for a starting FB same price. You’ve burned a trade and a loop for round one on what looks like in hindsight a stupid move.

Or maybe after 20 mins they bench JBrom or Nicholls, move Gilbert to prop and Stone comes in at 13, getting 40-45 mins and Scoring 35-50 points. He scores great and makes money and looks like that potentially is the rotation for the foreseeable future. Sloan becomes an afterthought or potentially a trade to for another one of your nuffs you thought we’re going to be ok and failed miserably. But you’ve ended up with a decent scorer you wouldn’t have usually put in your team at all.

I see both of these scenarios as possible with rewards and punishments for both decisions based on results, it will obviously depend on team makeup though as you’ve stated. Team makeup could make a decision like this for you.
    Nrl4Life
    Nrl4Life

Post by Nrl4Life Sun Feb 05, 2023 3:47 pm

Hello how good is this Makatoa I've 131k left I could replace Doorey or TMM with him
    No Worries
    No Worries

NRL FF Survivor Champion : I'm like the waterboy.

Post by No Worries Sun Feb 05, 2023 3:50 pm

Rabbits21 wrote:

https://wwos.nine.com.au/nrl/news-2022-latrell-mitchell-jack-wighton-arrested-in-canberra/7181b65e-d2d6-4e5e-8d9f-10a6625fb4ab

Hold on seems like it could be a massive over reaction. A storm in a tea cup.

I don’t think anything will come of it but nothing good happens with footy players and alcohol at 3 or 4am in the morning.

and it's a complete coincidence Lattrell is always holding the tea cup
    The Bludger#2
    The Bludger#2

Post by The Bludger#2 Sun Feb 05, 2023 3:51 pm

Nrl4Life wrote:Hello how good is this Makatoa I've 131k left I could replace Doorey or TMM with him

Do you mean the Eels bench middle Makatoa ($302k, 21 pts ave) not sure what your mail is but I'd assume he's priced about right and won't get any more points or a role change.

Coffee
    Nrl4Life
    Nrl4Life

Post by Nrl4Life Sun Feb 05, 2023 3:52 pm

The Bludger#2 wrote:

Do you mean the Eels bench middle Makatoa ($302k, 21 pts ave) not sure what your mail is but I'd assume he's priced about right and won't get any more points or a role change.

Coffee

Ok thanks I've just keep the 131k
    No Worries
    No Worries

NRL FF Survivor Champion : I'm like the waterboy.

Post by No Worries Sun Feb 05, 2023 3:52 pm

Seems like Tariq Sims is still getting use to the cold down in Melbourne

NSFW:
    The Bludger#2
    The Bludger#2

Post by The Bludger#2 Sun Feb 05, 2023 3:54 pm

Nrl4Life wrote:

Ok thanks I've just keep the 131k

I think you may be referring to the Tigers bench forward Justin Matamua who's been training at Lock (at least until Batman's visa issues are sorted).
    He's $230k and could jag some early price rises is Batman is held up etc.
    Nrl4Life
    Nrl4Life

Post by Nrl4Life Sun Feb 05, 2023 3:56 pm

The Bludger#2 wrote:

I think you may be referring to the Tigers bench forward Justin Matamua who's been training at Lock (at least until Batman's visa issues are sorted).
    He's $230k and could jag some early price rises is Batman is held up etc.

Nah it was the Eels player for 302k but I'll stick with Doorey or Mooney
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Sun Feb 05, 2023 4:02 pm

robelgordo wrote:I’ve had a public wrestle in Canberra at 3am before with a mate, lucky I wasn’t swarmed lol

Sounds like a couple of lads having a bit of a drunken stupid fun and the public/cops overreacted big time, likely because they are famous footy players. Waste of everyone’s time.

Yeah, its probably nothing, and i personally couldnt give a shit, but..

My word youve got to be a hell of a fucking idiot to have a drunken wrestle that.. a) ends up with police being called, and b) (ACAB and and all that) gets you a night in lock up.

Amazing lol. Classic rugby league areas
    Lchy
    Lchy

Post by Lchy Sun Feb 05, 2023 4:08 pm

No Worries wrote:

and it's a complete coincidence Lattrell is always holding the tea cup

weird to single out Latrell when Wighton has a far far worse off field track record hey
    L-Jimmy
    L-Jimmy

Post by L-Jimmy Sun Feb 05, 2023 4:11 pm

my tv broke wrote:

Yeah, its probably nothing, and i personally couldnt give a shit, but..

My word youve got to be a hell of a fucking idiot to have a drunken wrestle that.. a) ends up with police being called, and b) (ACAB and and all that) gets you a night in lock up.

Amazing lol. Classic rugby league areas

I've thought for a while that Wighton and Latrell are two of the dumbest humans god ever shoveled guts into. Story checking out.

Hey, on Canberra news there's a grassfire burning just behind my place on Mt. Ainslie. The kids are having a ball watching the helicopters drop water!

Breeze means we're totally safe - just free entertainment! goes well with young henry's motorcycle oil.
    The Pascoe Fiasco
    The Pascoe Fiasco

Post by The Pascoe Fiasco Sun Feb 05, 2023 4:30 pm

robelgordo wrote:I’ve had a public wrestle in Canberra at 3am before with a mate, lucky I wasn’t swarmed lol

I think the “storm in the tea cup” theory could always be replaced with the “bringing the game into disrepute” theory. Whether these guys like it or not, they are representing the NRL every time they leave their house.
    The Pascoe Fiasco
    The Pascoe Fiasco

Post by The Pascoe Fiasco Sun Feb 05, 2023 5:55 pm

Can the all stars game afford to lose both Latrell and Wighton? So many, as usual, have dropped out already.
    Honey Badger
    Honey Badger

Post by Honey Badger Sun Feb 05, 2023 6:43 pm

Nrl4Life wrote:Hello how good is this Makatoa I've 131k left I could replace Doorey or TMM with him

Good PPM, just needs the minutes
    mickspicks
    mickspicks

Post by mickspicks Sun Feb 05, 2023 7:48 pm

More talks about Ofa not playing lock at the Tigers. I guess that means he will be in the prop rotation. Maybe not the best news for Uto? Klem and Ofa have/can play big minutes. Throw in Twal too...

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 2:01 pm