NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 2 - What's the magic number ?

robelgordo
    robelgordo
    Fanatic

NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 2  - What's the magic number ? - Page 18 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 2 - What's the magic number ?

Post by robelgordo Sun Feb 05, 2023 6:51 pm

my tv broke wrote:

Yeah, its probably nothing, and i personally couldnt give a shit, but..

My word youve got to be a hell of a fucking idiot to have a drunken wrestle that.. a) ends up with police being called, and b) (ACAB and and all that) gets you a night in lock up.

Amazing lol. Classic rugby league areas

Oh yeah, at the same time I’m saying there’s likely nothing in this, I don’t really get why footy players go out on benders at all. Too much risk. Just have a massive party at someone’s house instead of opening yourself up to people trying to make a name for themselves, overzealous cops or whatever.
    robelgordo
    robelgordo
    Fanatic

NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 2  - What's the magic number ? - Page 18 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 2 - What's the magic number ?

Post by robelgordo Sun Feb 05, 2023 6:57 pm

I’m just conscious there’s a laundry list of shit I did or saw friends do while pissed in my 20s that would have me in front of an integrity unit. And I’m a white collar professional, allegedly smart, not some “dumb footy player”. So I have a bit of empathy when it’s low level minor shit like this ends up in the papers, the modern day version of putting someone in the stocks and throwing rotting vegetables at them in the town square
    GarethEllisismyDad
    GarethEllisismyDad

Post by GarethEllisismyDad Sun Feb 05, 2023 7:06 pm

robelgordo wrote:I’m just conscious there’s a laundry list of shit I did or saw friends do while pissed in my 20s that would have me in front of an integrity unit. And I’m a white collar professional, allegedly smart, not some “dumb footy player”. So I have a bit of empathy when it’s low level minor shit like this ends up in the papers, the modern day version of putting someone in the stocks and throwing rotting vegetables at them in the town square

The nrl makes a rod for its own back when it over reacts with the suspension for Haas and Kelly last year, do they suspend Jack and latrell?

The clamour for radley to be sanctioned for his behind close doors scuffle after the World Cup

I’m all for standing down players for something agregious but from afar they do seem selectively heavy handed
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Sun Feb 05, 2023 7:15 pm

robelgordo wrote:

Oh yeah, at the same time I’m saying there’s likely nothing in this, I don’t really get why footy players go out on benders at all. Too much risk. Just have a massive party at someone’s house instead of opening yourself up to people trying to make a name for themselves, overzealous cops or whatever.

Benders are* fun tho

*were fun. Too old for that shit now
    The Pascoe Fiasco
    The Pascoe Fiasco

Post by The Pascoe Fiasco Sun Feb 05, 2023 7:20 pm

mickspicks wrote:More talks about Ofa not playing lock at the Tigers. I guess that means he will be in the prop rotation. Maybe not the best news for Uto? Klem and Ofa have/can play big minutes. Throw in Twal too...
    I suspect Ofa and Klemmer as starting props, then Uto and Pole will be 15 + 16. Twal /Blore will be 17. Matamua looks to be favourite to play 13.
    rhinoceroo
    rhinoceroo
    Fanatic

Post by rhinoceroo Sun Feb 05, 2023 7:26 pm

The Pascoe Fiasco wrote:
    I suspect Ofa and Klemmer as starting props, then Uto and Pole will be 15 + 16. Twal /Blore will be 17. Matamua looks to be favourite to play 13.

Isn't all that happened Matamua played 13 in a training session six weeks out from the season when Ofa was in rehab and Bateman wasn't in the country?

I mean, we all love a 230k starting lock but come on.
    The Dolphin Conspiracies
    The Dolphin Conspiracies

Post by The Dolphin Conspiracies Sun Feb 05, 2023 7:26 pm

The Pascoe Fiasco wrote:

https://everythingrugbyleague.com/young-justin-is-coming-for-my-spot-joe-ofahengaue/
    Rabbits21
    Rabbits21
    Fanatic

Post by Rabbits21 Sun Feb 05, 2023 7:27 pm

mickspicks wrote:More talks about Ofa not playing lock at the Tigers. I guess that means he will be in the prop rotation. Maybe not the best news for Uto? Klem and Ofa have/can play big minutes. Throw in Twal too...
    Could be good for Blore.
    filthridden
    filthridden

Post by filthridden Sun Feb 05, 2023 7:29 pm

The Pascoe Fiasco wrote:Can the all stars game afford to lose both Latrell and Wighton? So many, as usual, have dropped out already.

What are you talking about? Surely everyone is lining up to watch those superstars of the game that we can't get enough of in Creedence Toia, Bailey Butler and Sheldon Pitama.
    filthridden
    filthridden

Post by filthridden Sun Feb 05, 2023 7:33 pm

GarethEllisismyDad wrote:

The nrl makes a rod for its own back when it over reacts with the suspension for Haas and Kelly last year, do they suspend Jack and latrell?

The clamour for radley to be sanctioned for his behind close doors scuffle after the World Cup

I’m all for standing down players for something agregious but from afar they do seem selectively heavy handed

The NRL are more than capable of showing a complete lack of consistency in handing out punishments for two similar incidents.

I still can't believe the NRLW player got suspended and fined for calling that dumb bitch from England a dumb bitch from England.
    mattnz
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Sun Feb 05, 2023 7:44 pm

....and Pole averaged 43 minutes last season, plus Matamua seems to be in the mix for MID minutes. If Bateman is going to play lock, Uto is a trap.

Post by Guest Sun Feb 05, 2023 8:03 pm

my tv broke wrote:

Benders are* fun tho

*were fun. Too old for that shit now

Nobody is too old for a bender… you’re just in need of a quality bending unit to show you how it’s done Cheers Beating Heart
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Sun Feb 05, 2023 8:06 pm

The Pascoe Fiasco wrote:

The rumour is Bateman is playing 13. I'd be very surprised if Matamua started in a full strength Tigers team

Bateman at 13 would leave Klemmer + Ofa starting with Twal/Uto/Pole/Matamua going for the bench. I guess 3 of them + a utility.

Can't see how team isn't stronger with Bateman on the edge. Guess we'll find out in a few weeks what is actually going to happen.

Post by Guest Sun Feb 05, 2023 10:50 pm

filthridden wrote:

What are you talking about? Surely everyone is lining up to watch those superstars of the game that we can't get enough of in Creedence Toia, Bailey Butler and Sheldon Pitama.

Reminds me of that AI generated team that was posted a month or two ago
    mickspicks
    mickspicks

Post by mickspicks Mon Feb 06, 2023 12:02 am

Milchcow wrote:

The rumour is Bateman is playing 13. I'd be very surprised if Matamua started in a full strength Tigers team

Bateman at 13 would leave Klemmer + Ofa starting with Twal/Uto/Pole/Matamua going for the bench. I guess 3 of them + a utility.

Can't see how team isn't stronger with Bateman on the edge. Guess we'll find out in a few weeks what is actually going to happen.

An iPap / Bateman edge sounds fantastic. Honestly, the way iPap plays he could easily slot in to lock for a stint too
    The Pascoe Fiasco
    The Pascoe Fiasco

Post by The Pascoe Fiasco Mon Feb 06, 2023 1:08 am

rhinoceroo wrote:

Isn't all that happened Matamua played 13 in a training session six weeks out from the season when Ofa was in rehab and Bateman wasn't in the country?

I mean, we all love a 230k starting lock but come on.
    The last rumour I heard was Bateman next to Doueihi and the coaching staff very impressed with Matamua. Regardless, we’ll have a very cheap 2RF in Matamua or Blore so it really doesn’t matter. We’ll find out when Bateman actually arrives and see where he trains at. Tgen hopefully we’ll have one trial before TLT. Benji has already told Ofa he isn’t a lock apparently!
    FalconSloth
    FalconSloth

Post by FalconSloth Mon Feb 06, 2023 2:00 am

Missing a lot of those base price rookies. Normally there’s a lot more of them and we’re trying to fit them all in but now can’t find enough of them. Maybe TLT will present some but it seems to be the year of the mid ranger with some more expensive cheapies.

230k players potentially good picks:
    Matamua - Tigers
    Khan-pereira - Titans
    Alomati - Bulldogs
    Te Whare - Dolphins

Slim pickings, TLT dependant and seeming like good chance that none of them are good picks by round 1

250k potential good picks:
    Blore - Tigers
    Doorey - Eels
    Moale - Rabbitohs
    Talau - Tigers
    Sloan - Dragons
    Spry - Titans

Some more might come around at TLT but at the moment no seemingly must haves or your rookies that seem destined to be massive cash cows from the get go like in past years
    rhinoceroo
    rhinoceroo
    Fanatic

Post by rhinoceroo Mon Feb 06, 2023 4:29 am

FalconSloth wrote:Missing a lot of those base price rookies. Normally there’s a lot more of them and we’re trying to fit them all in but now can’t find enough of them. Maybe TLT will present some but it seems to be the year of the mid ranger with some more expensive cheapies.

Matamua - Tigers
    Khan-pereira - Titans
    Alomati - Bulldogs
    Te Whare - Dolphins

Slim pickings, TLT dependant and seeming like good chance that none of them are good picks by round 1

Blore - Tigers
    Doorey - Eels
    Moale - Rabbitohs
    Talau - Tigers
    Sloan - Dragons
    Spry - Titans

Some more might come around at TLT but at the moment no seemingly must haves or your rookies that seem destined to be massive cash cows from the get go like in past years

Isn't it just that there aren't (so far) any rookie hookers or kicking halves, who are the most guaranteed moneymakers? Schneider last year for example.

Add Gennings on the Storm wing as a potential 250k player and Mooney at the Raiders as this year's Max King...
    Camo123
    Camo123
    Fanatic

Post by Camo123 Mon Feb 06, 2023 6:00 am

FalconSloth wrote:Missing a lot of those base price rookies. Normally there’s a lot more of them and we’re trying to fit them all in but now can’t find enough of them. Maybe TLT will present some but it seems to be the year of the mid ranger with some more expensive cheapies.

Matamua - Tigers
    Khan-pereira - Titans
    Alomati - Bulldogs
    Te Whare - Dolphins

Blore - Tigers
    Doorey - Eels
    Moale - Rabbitohs
    Talau - Tigers
    Sloan - Dragons
    Spry - Titans

Had a look at my last year starting squad and as said there wasn't many base price cows last year.

I had Walters, MKing, Schneider as base price cows but the majority were around low 300s mark (SCrichton, Tago, BSmith, Ilias, Amone, Bullemor, JKing)
    robelgordo
    robelgordo
    Fanatic

Post by robelgordo Mon Feb 06, 2023 7:07 am

FalconSloth wrote:Missing a lot of those base price rookies. Normally there’s a lot more of them and we’re trying to fit them all in but now can’t find enough of them.

People literally say this every season

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 2:11 pm