NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

The Betting Thread

No Worries
    No Worries

NRL FF Survivor Champion : I'm like the waterboy.

The Betting Thread - Page 44 Empty Re: The Betting Thread

Post by No Worries Fri Sep 15, 2017 10:35 am

The Betting Thread - Page 44 21752295_1138922779584735_5630850447412164564_n
    Rippin and Tearin
    Rippin and Tearin

Post by Rippin and Tearin Fri Sep 15, 2017 11:50 am

Mighty Fishes wrote:I'm on Taranaki 13+ cheers champion!

Haha, you speak like its already a winner! Fingers crossed aye!

EDIT: I notice the odds on this are shortening which is generally a good sign Smile 13+ now into 1.67 on the NZ Tab
    Rippin and Tearin
    Rippin and Tearin

Post by Rippin and Tearin Fri Sep 15, 2017 1:41 pm

Revraiser wrote:

I did get on, wasnt able to watch as spent the day in the city. But as the Mrs was in one of a cavalcade of cosmetic shops I placed a wager on the under 57.5 and was able to follow it on the way home. Got it at 2.35 as the agency offers up 50 or 100% odds increases most weeks.
    Some late points in the game but always looked safe. And I never bet unders, whether it be union or league or football, it just doesnt sit well usually. Hehe.. cheers mate.

Nice, that's great odds! Glad you got a piece!

Yeah, I don't like betting under , but once I take the emotion out of it, it can make sense.

The key to this bet, which will be a trend to follow in the future is the form team clashes. This game was actually a cracker with really solid D. The first try didn't come until after 3/4 into the game. The crowd was massively into is as well. As the tournament goes on Im hoping for more situations like this as bookies over-compensate for the massive canterbury like scores and offer high lines on the big matches.

This game was looking like ~40 point total right up until th 75th minute.

Also, another thing to keep an eye on in these games with regards to totals (other than weather) is day vs night games. I don't have stats, but I suspect day games on average score 10+ points more than night ones at least.

Post by Guest Fri Sep 15, 2017 1:42 pm

Rippin and Tearin wrote:

EDIT: I notice the odds on this are shortening which is generally a good sign Smile 13+ now into 1.67 on the NZ Tab

Yeah I was gonna say I got it for $1.77 last night I thought it was a good sign.

First and last time I bet on the NFL. Lost $25 thanks to those orange jerks
    Revraiser
    Revraiser
    Fanatic

Post by Revraiser Fri Sep 15, 2017 1:47 pm

Rippin and Tearin wrote:

Incorporated this into a multi.

Any insight on the other game today ? Both teams not winning, surprised how short Auckland are, I know they havent looked as bad as Southland but...
    Rippin and Tearin
    Rippin and Tearin

Post by Rippin and Tearin Fri Sep 15, 2017 5:32 pm

Revraiser wrote:

Incorporated this into a multi.

Any insight on the other game today ? Both teams not winning, surprised how short Auckland are, I know they haven't looked as bad as Southland but...

Nah that was a massive 'stay away' game for me mate - didn't even watch it.

Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Fri Sep 15, 2017 5:34 pm

Probably why I don't venture into here too often,

first leg of my NFL acca goes down! Fucking Bengals. Can't even beat the Texans with a rookie QB, 1 decent WR and a defense missing their star middle linebacker.
    Rippin and Tearin
    Rippin and Tearin

Post by Rippin and Tearin Fri Sep 15, 2017 5:35 pm

Hey I think you should get on this lads:

Canterbury -12.5 vs Wellington in the 'bark in the park' match up (apparently you can bring your dog to the game Smile

But 12.5 is too low. Wellington have named a team short of their captain who is out injured, their star centre (also injured) as well as their fringe ABs. Canterbury I don't think have named their team but they will likely be without Luke Whitlock but will have a couple other good players back.

What ever happens Canterbury will put out a good team and I can't see Wellington staying in touch. I reckon the points start will blow out to 16.5 or more, and depending on the team canterbury names I reckon it should be more like low 20s.

Post by Guest Fri Sep 15, 2017 5:45 pm

Rippin and Tearin wrote:Hey I think you should get on this lads:

Canterbury -12.5 vs Wellington in the 'bark in the park' match up (apparently you can bring your dog to the game Smile

But 12.5 is too low. Wellington have named a team short of their captain who is out injured, their star centre (also injured) as well as their fringe ABs. Canterbury I don't think have named their team but they will likely be without Luke Whitlock but will have a couple other good players back.

What ever happens Canterbury will put out a good team and I can't see Wellington staying in touch. I reckon the points start will blow out to 16.5 or more, and depending on the team canterbury names I reckon it should be more like low 20s.

Got -14.5 for $2 on Ubet cheers mate!

Post by Guest Fri Sep 15, 2017 5:47 pm

Welshy wrote:Probably why I don't venture into here too often,

first leg of my NFL acca goes down! Fucking Bengals. Can't even beat the Texans with a rookie QB, 1 decent WR and a defense missing their star middle linebacker.

Don't take this as I'm blaming you because I am absolutely not Welshy I was going to bet anyway! But when I saw your multi for Bengals -6 I was like fuck he's confident that's why I put money on them hahaha

Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Fri Sep 15, 2017 5:51 pm

Mighty Fishes wrote:

Don't take this as I'm blaming you because I am absolutely not Welshy I was going to bet anyway! But when I saw your multi for Bengals -6 I was like fuck he's confident that's why I put money on them hahaha

At home after a spanking by the Ravens, against an awful Texans O I was very confident mate. Awful game to watch, that TD which got called back was a major turning point but fuck me that was hard to watch. sorry mate I'm going back in on the previous bet will probably add the Pats the beat the handicap against the saints

Post by Guest Fri Sep 15, 2017 5:54 pm

Welshy wrote:

At home after a spanking by the Ravens, against an awful Texans O I was very confident mate. Awful game to watch, that TD which got called back was a major turning point but fuck me that was hard to watch. sorry mate I'm going back in on the previous bet will probably add the Pats the beat the handicap against the saints

Yeah I couldn't watch it I was at work but I heard there was some sort of TD turn around. I might have a look at the Ravens surely can flog the Browns
    Revraiser
    Revraiser
    Fanatic

Post by Revraiser Fri Sep 15, 2017 6:07 pm

Rippin and Tearin wrote:

Nice, that's great odds! Glad you got a piece!

Yeah, I don't like betting under , but once I take the emotion out of it, it can make sense.

The key to this bet, which will be a trend to follow in the future is the form team clashes. This game was actually a cracker with really solid D. The first try didn't come until after 3/4 into the game. The crowd was massively into is as well. As the tournament goes on Im hoping for more situations like this as bookies over-compensate for the massive canterbury like scores and offer high lines on the big matches.

This game was looking like ~40 point total right up until th 75th minute.

Also, another thing to keep an eye on in these games with regards to totals (other than weather) is day vs night games. I don't have stats, but I suspect day games on average score 10+ points more than night ones at least.

Cheers mate, will keep in mind.

One from me tonight is the Panthers, I think they will win. Going to angle a couple of Draftstar teams that way also.
    Revraiser
    Revraiser
    Fanatic

Post by Revraiser Fri Sep 15, 2017 6:09 pm

Welshy wrote:

Saints in for a bad year, you should do well here Welshy !
    Moose
    Moose

Post by Moose Fri Sep 15, 2017 9:57 pm

Start liquidating all your assets and load up on the Storm for next week. Might place my largest bet of all time this coming week.

Post by Guest Fri Sep 15, 2017 10:51 pm

First up fuck you swans my first ever $50 bet and they played like the under 12s

second up

Sportsbet haven't caught up that Ranwick race two Imposing lass (1) has been scratched and Royal Navy (9) is still paying $4.50
    Rippin and Tearin
    Rippin and Tearin

Post by Rippin and Tearin Sat Sep 16, 2017 4:32 am

Taranaki EASY 13+ winners, a consolation try in injury time to BOP made it 29-7. But bet was never really in doubt. That's my big bet for the weekend done, maybe a couple other small ones if I feel like I get any other good reads. But there's the Canterbury one which is still paying well at 13+

I'm probably gonna tease out the points start and take Otago +5.5.
    Honeysett
    Honeysett

Post by Honeysett Sat Sep 16, 2017 10:47 am

Man the Swans played like spastics. I'm sorry if anyone got on them. Just know that I'm hurting as well.
    Rippin and Tearin
    Rippin and Tearin

Post by Rippin and Tearin Sat Sep 16, 2017 4:55 pm

Rippin and Tearin wrote:Taranaki EASY 13+ winners, a consolation try in injury time to BOP made it 29-7. But bet was never really in doubt. That's my big bet for the weekend done, maybe a couple other small ones if I feel like I get any other good reads. But there's the Canterbury one which is still paying well at 13+

I'm probably gonna tease out the points start and take Otago +5.5.

Got a bit lucky there. Red card meant Otago got back into it. They were getting pumped before that. Ended up 29 -27.
    Rippin and Tearin
    Rippin and Tearin

Post by Rippin and Tearin Sat Sep 16, 2017 4:57 pm

Honeysett wrote:Man the Swans played like spastics. I'm sorry if anyone got on them. Just know that I'm hurting as well.

Hard luck mate. No need to apologise though aye. Everyones gotta make their own decisions and own them!

Current date/time is Fri May 10, 2024 3:58 am