NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

The Betting Thread

Rippin and Tearin
    Rippin and Tearin

The Betting Thread - Page 40 Empty Re: The Betting Thread

Post by Rippin and Tearin Wed Aug 30, 2017 6:46 am

Early rugby line; take -18.5 on Canterbury this weekend.

Revraiser
    Revraiser
    Fanatic

Post by Revraiser Thu Aug 31, 2017 8:15 am

A blowout expected hey mate ?

20.5 in some spots now
    Revraiser
    Revraiser
    Fanatic

Post by Revraiser Thu Aug 31, 2017 2:13 pm

@Rippin and Tearin - who wins this afternoon mate and overs or unders ?
    Revraiser
    Revraiser
    Fanatic

Post by Revraiser Thu Aug 31, 2017 5:23 pm

Im on Wellington into brisbane to get the weeoend rollin...
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Thu Aug 31, 2017 8:06 pm

I've loaded up on Jupiter Rising at $10/$3 at Belmont Saturday.  Has been flying home last few starts, including the first link where he crabs from the rail to 6 wide at the 200 and still nearly pinches it:

http://www.rwwa.com.au/cris/JwPlayer.aspx?jw=JnJlcGxheVVybD1odHRwOi8vbWVkaWFyd3dhLnNreXJhY2luZy5jb20uYXUvUmFjZV9SZXBsYXkvMjAxNy8wOC8yMDE3MDgxNkJFUFIwNF9WLm1wNCZ2ZW51ZT1CRUwmcmFjZURhdGU9MjAxNy0wOC0xNiZyYWNlTnVtPTQ=

http://www.rwwa.com.au/cris/JwPlayer.aspx?jw=JnJlcGxheVVybD1odHRwOi8vbWVkaWFyd3dhLnNreXJhY2luZy5jb20uYXUvUmFjZV9SZXBsYXkvMjAxNy8wOC8yMDE3MDgyNkJFUFIwOF9WLm1wNCZ2ZW51ZT1CRUwmcmFjZURhdGU9MjAxNy0wOC0yNiZyYWNlTnVtPTg=

Atlanta Blue is a smart horse though so maybe take the early $3 for a place if keen.
    Revraiser
    Revraiser
    Fanatic

Post by Revraiser Thu Aug 31, 2017 10:30 pm

SI wrote:I've loaded up on Jupiter Rising at $10/$3 at Belmont Saturday.  Has been flying home last few starts, including the first link where he crabs from the rail to 6 wide at the 200 and still nearly pinches it:

http://www.rwwa.com.au/cris/JwPlayer.aspx?jw=JnJlcGxheVVybD1odHRwOi8vbWVkaWFyd3dhLnNreXJhY2luZy5jb20uYXUvUmFjZV9SZXBsYXkvMjAxNy8wOC8yMDE3MDgxNkJFUFIwNF9WLm1wNCZ2ZW51ZT1CRUwmcmFjZURhdGU9MjAxNy0wOC0xNiZyYWNlTnVtPTQ=

http://www.rwwa.com.au/cris/JwPlayer.aspx?jw=JnJlcGxheVVybD1odHRwOi8vbWVkaWFyd3dhLnNreXJhY2luZy5jb20uYXUvUmFjZV9SZXBsYXkvMjAxNy8wOC8yMDE3MDgyNkJFUFIwOF9WLm1wNCZ2ZW51ZT1CRUwmcmFjZURhdGU9MjAxNy0wOC0yNiZyYWNlTnVtPTg=

Atlanta Blue is a smart horse though so maybe take the early $3 for a place if keen.

Very interesting mate, up in class ?

standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Thu Aug 31, 2017 10:46 pm

Revraiser wrote:
    SI wrote:I've loaded up on Jupiter Rising at $10/$3 at Belmont Saturday.  Has been flying home last few starts, including the first link where he crabs from the rail to 6 wide at the 200 and still nearly pinches it:

Very interesting mate, up in class ?

From 2 runs ago yep, which is why he was friendless last start even after that great run the week before.  I didn't back him last week because of that; but this week to last week is very similar.  A couple of the runners this time round were racing in Kal last month from memory so I'm happy with the $10.   Like I said though, Atlanta Blue has been travelling really well so the $3 for a place is probably the go.
    Revraiser
    Revraiser
    Fanatic

Post by Revraiser Fri Sep 01, 2017 5:09 am

SI wrote:
    From 2 runs ago yep, which is why he was friendless last start even after that great run the week before.  I didn't back him last week because of that; but this week to last week is very similar.  A couple of the runners this time round were racing in Kal last month from memory so I'm happy with the $10.   Like I said though, Atlanta Blue has been travelling really well so the $3 for a place is probably the go.

Cheers mate, will be following it. Might make a trifecta out of it.
    Rippin and Tearin
    Rippin and Tearin

Post by Rippin and Tearin Fri Sep 01, 2017 8:13 am

Revraiser wrote:Im on Wellington into brisbane to get the weeoend rollin...

Looks lie you went ok mate!!

I stayed away from that game. Weather was dicey, lots of changes to the Wellington team, so it was a no bet from me.

Did you watch it?

Hard to miss Asafo Aumua - this kid is a future All Black. Pretty impressive with ball in hand.

Yeah I think Canterbury is the bet of the round. I think the line should be more like 30 and even then I'd take them!

Revraiser
    Revraiser
    Fanatic

Post by Revraiser Fri Sep 01, 2017 1:12 pm

Rippin and Tearin wrote:

Looks lie you went ok mate!!

I stayed away from that game. Weather was dicey, lots of changes to the Wellington team, so it was a no bet from me.

Did you watch it?

Hard to miss Asafo Aumua - this kid is a future All Black. Pretty impressive with ball in hand.

Yeah I think Canterbury is the bet of the round. I think the line should be more like 30 and even then I'd take them!

Yeah Wello into Broncos straight was only 2.18 but i had a solid crack. Was only able to watch the Wellington match via a live score app on the train journey home. Perfect haha.
    There was a try last week in the Mitre 10 cup where a guy chipped ahead down the sideline and just scooped the bouncing ball away from the standing fullback. It was a brilliant try but i totally forget his name. Does that ring any bells ?

The Mitre 10 cup Is hands down far more entertaining tjan the super rugby. Thought this for a couple of seasons now.
    Rippin and Tearin
    Rippin and Tearin

Post by Rippin and Tearin Sat Sep 02, 2017 8:20 am

Easy money last night on Canterbury. Point start was 18.5 and they won by 43. Crazy $7 pay out if you took them by 40+.

Im gonna put a bit of the profit on Manawatu to beat Otago today - gonna go to the game. Weather down here crap but roof on the stadium means the game should be pretty free flowing.

Manawatu on paper look to be the better team but still outsiders at $2.2. I think they are better in most positions around the park so At best I think they should be joint favs but I'd probably price Manawatu at ~$1.7.

Disclaimer, from the Manawatu so might be a touch one-eyed !!

$ on the eels making top 4 last night too, was a bit more on edge than I had hoped though...

Rippin and Tearin
    Rippin and Tearin

Post by Rippin and Tearin Sat Sep 02, 2017 8:23 am

Revraiser wrote:

Yeah Wello into Broncos straight was only 2.18 but i had a solid crack. Was only able to watch the Wellington match via a live score app on the train journey home. Perfect haha.  
    There was a try last week in the Mitre 10 cup where a guy chipped ahead down the sideline and just scooped the bouncing ball away from the standing fullback. It was a brilliant try but i totally forget his name. Does that ring any bells ?

The Mitre 10 cup Is hands down far more entertaining tjan the super rugby. Thought this for a couple of seasons now.

I like it more, but mainly because I like to have a look at the up and comers before they reach Super Rugby level.

Each year there are a number of players which you can see straight away are gonna make the ABs.

In terms of quality, obviously its a bit of a step down, but entertainment wise, yup, I reckon its better.

From a betting point of view my only gripe is the refs. They are far less experienced and therefore you get a real mixed bag. Very free flowing games when the offside is policed well, but on the flip side you get some games that get ruined a little. It makes it hard to bet on the totals sometimes cause you don't know what you are gonna get.

BTW Nehe Milner Skuder playing for Manawatu today so he will be sure to carve up.

Not sure of the try you are referring to mate. I might have missed that one. Great highlight packages on the Mitre Ten Cup website for every game though so I might see it at some point!

Revraiser
    Revraiser
    Fanatic

Post by Revraiser Sat Sep 02, 2017 11:58 am

Most probably wont see this with the traffic slowing down, but there is a bet on offer at some agencies for Kerrin McEvoy (Jockey) to ride 3 or more winners today at $2.60
    Looking at his book of rides he seems a great chance. Obviously you could just back 1 or 2 of the faves he is on, but this bet type appeals given he has rides in 8 of the 9 races with some (3) short faves.
    Revraiser
    Revraiser
    Fanatic

Post by Revraiser Sat Sep 02, 2017 5:16 pm

McEvoy had a fiels day. Romped in.
    No Worries
    No Worries

NRL FF Survivor Champion : I'm like the waterboy.

Post by No Worries Sat Sep 02, 2017 5:41 pm

Rippin and Tearin wrote:Early rugby line; take -18.5 on Canterbury this weekend.

Was at the pub after work with the boys (not big punters or rugby fans). Warm ups before the game came on I big noted myself repeating R&T. We pooled our cash and got on. Canterbury started slow and I was getting flack at half time, then the flood gates opened and we drank the winnings and I was a fuckin legend.

Cheers R&T I owe you a few.
    Revraiser
    Revraiser
    Fanatic

Post by Revraiser Sat Sep 02, 2017 5:52 pm

Yeah gud work R&T with some of the Union selections. Even though Manuwatu went down, the game was once again overs in terms of poitns. 70+

No Worries
    No Worries

NRL FF Survivor Champion : I'm like the waterboy.

Post by No Worries Sun Sep 03, 2017 7:52 am

Broncos line -4.5, Manly H2H, Tigers H2H, dragons H2H = $7.42

2 from 4 looking promising.
    Revraiser
    Revraiser
    Fanatic

Post by Revraiser Sun Sep 03, 2017 12:19 pm

Bulldogs salute today. Playing better than the dragons at the moment.
    Rippin and Tearin
    Rippin and Tearin

Post by Rippin and Tearin Sun Sep 03, 2017 2:55 pm

No Worries wrote:

Was at the pub after work with the boys (not big punters or rugby fans). Warm ups before the game came on I big noted myself repeating R&T. We pooled our cash and got on. Canterbury started slow and I was getting flack at half time, then the flood gates opened and we drank the winnings and I was a fuckin legend.

Cheers R&T I owe you a few.

Haha that's awesome mate, I love group bets that come through, always makes for a good night!!

Rippin and Tearin
    Rippin and Tearin

Post by Rippin and Tearin Sun Sep 03, 2017 2:59 pm

Revraiser wrote:Yeah gud work R&T with some of the Union selections. Even though Manuwatu went down, the game was once again overs in terms of poitns. 70+

Cheers mate, yeah the Canterbury bet was pretty sweet, not that often you make a bet that comes through with such ease.

Manawatu was a massive disappointment. Various reasons, but had two ABs in the backs that were generally pretty missing. NMS was very poor. and Laumape, well, he's full of energy when he hits the ball up but I think very lazy and not accurate enough elsewhere.

Totals keep cashing in. Defence just asking in this tournament. Its similar to NRL vs U20s in that respect. The bookies have suprisnlgly taken time to move their lines up by 5 to 10 points so this week has been easy money again.

Current date/time is Fri May 10, 2024 5:19 pm