NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

The Betting Thread

Rippin and Tearin
    Rippin and Tearin

The Betting Thread - Page 16 Empty Re: The Betting Thread

Post by Rippin and Tearin Wed May 18, 2016 8:11 am

my tv broke wrote:no worries, cheers. makes sense. am on it anyway so i guess we'll see how it goes Smile

Good luck man, I'm not saying its a bad bet, it would be kinda odd if Hayne didn't make it, one would have to seriously question what on earth he was thinking if he hadn't already been guaranteed a spot. Cause trying to break into the Fiji 7s team on genuine merit in 1 weeks notice without ever playing the game before is absolutely ludicrous. Those guys play 7s from the time they can walk, and they are by far the most dynamic, exciting, and talented natural players year in year out. The whole situation is absolutely bizarre.
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Wed May 18, 2016 8:15 am

Rippin and Tearin wrote:Good luck man, I'm not saying its a bad bet, it would be kinda odd if Hayne didn't make it, one would have to seriously question what on earth he was thinking if he hadn't already been guaranteed a spot.

its interesting isnt it. i have nothing but respect for a guy who is willing to have a crack at something new, but it definitely seems like he will walk into the olympic squad providing he's fit.

if he actually misses out on the squad there will be a roar of muppets calling him out, but to me it would make me respect his choices even more, as it would be obvious then he was given no guarentee's when he decided to go for it.
    Rippin and Tearin
    Rippin and Tearin

Post by Rippin and Tearin Wed May 18, 2016 8:47 am

my tv broke wrote:

its interesting isnt it. i have nothing but respect for a guy who is willing to have a crack at something new, but it definitely seems like he will walk into the olympic squad providing he's fit.

if he actually misses out on the squad there will be a roar of muppets calling him out, but to me it would make me respect his choices even more, as it would be obvious then he was given no guarentee's when he decided to go for it.

I have to say I'm of the opposite point of view. Whilst I admire him for his wonderful achievements so far, and I think the stint in the NFL is arguably way more amazing that what he achieved in the NRL (which is saying something), this one has me confused. As I said, it would make sense if he has basically been guaranteed a spot, but I don't think that is the case. So the only other option is that at this very late stage he thinks he can convince them he is worth a punt. Again, I admire his ambition, but I just think it is completely ridiculous to think he can pick up the game in such a short time frame to a level that puts him ahead of the other 20 amazingly talented, experienced sevens players that are already in the loop for the Fijian squad. He seriously has chosen the toughest team to make IMO. So in summary, unless they have already given him a spot to be honest I think its a bit of a naive move say the least, and perhaps if I was gonna be a bit more I'd say he has lost the plot a bit here and has made a pretty big error in judgement.
    Revraiser
    Revraiser
    Fanatic

Post by Revraiser Wed May 18, 2016 6:29 pm

Sidorenko in the ATP french open qualifiers tonight lads @ 2.50 he looks the winner against Golubev.

If he wins I'm having a crack at Belucci at around 9pm paying $1.80

Balls please
    Revraiser
    Revraiser
    Fanatic

Post by Revraiser Thu May 19, 2016 6:52 am

Both players lost. Im out. No more posting here
    Rippin and Tearin
    Rippin and Tearin

Post by Rippin and Tearin Thu May 19, 2016 8:01 am

my tv broke wrote:its for the olympic squad, on sportsbet

the wording is "Jarryd Hayne To Make Final Fiji Olympic Squad In 2016?", so i believe thats the '12'.

the squad in london for this weekend has 14 players including hayne.

Is that Hayne bet still open? I can't seem to find it. I'd love to know what the odds are now.

Depending on the odds I would be keen to take a punt now.

Does anyone have a link to this option (on any betting site)?
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Thu May 19, 2016 8:32 am

Rippin and Tearin wrote:

Is that Hayne bet still open? I can't seem to find it. I'd love to know what the odds are now.

Depending on the odds I would be keen to take a punt now.

Does anyone have a link to this option (on any betting site)?

it was 2.50 yesterday morning ish.

it looks like sportsbet have removed it now.

has there been some news on his chances in the last 24 hours?

TAB had markets on it originally as well (they had hayne at 1.90 from the start). not sure if its still on their site. according to their twitter someone had 1k on hayne to score 5+ tries at hte olympics at $11 lol

EDIT: i see the media reported he was left out but the coach said it was a rubbish report on twitter and that he is still in contention atm..
    Rippin and Tearin
    Rippin and Tearin

Post by Rippin and Tearin Thu May 19, 2016 9:09 am

my tv broke wrote:

it was 2.50 yesterday morning ish.

it looks like sportsbet have removed it now.

has there been some news on his chances in the last 24 hours?

TAB had markets on it originally as well (they had hayne at 1.90 from the start). not sure if its still on their site. according to their twitter someone had 1k on hayne to score 5+ tries at hte olympics at $11 lol

No, nothing official, although obviously he wasn't named in the provisional London squad.

My line of thinking is this:

Given he wasn't named his odds may have sky-rocketed. I guess if he was paying more like $10 I'd be interested.

The reason I would consider the bet is that my hunch is that while Ben Ryan doesn't want him Hayne may well have connections that go above Ryan and Ryan may have had his hand forced. Hayne could well be included in the London squad tomorrow as a result.

I alluded to this on a different thread but there could well be some substantial financial gains for the Fiji Union with Hayne in the mix and everyone knows how money talks, Fiji would by no means be an exception there given some of their history.

Also, while I don't claim to have a good handle at all on Fijian culture I assume it is quite Hierarchical and there is every chance someone could force Ryans hand.

Finally, the least important of points, but one that had me thinking (and it could just be semantics), but the coach of the 49ers in his press conference said Hayne left to go play in the olympics for Fiji, not trial, not give it a shot, but play. Some have said maybe this is an indication he has effectively been given a spot already.

The one thing I can say is that something is not right about the whole thing. IMO either (1) Hayne has powerful people on his side who have either guaranteed him a spot or will really help him to get one, or (2) Hayne has completely misread this whole thing and completely underestimated the task of making the squad. There is simply NO WAY he can earn a spot in the time frame he has given his background.

So something is up and at $10 I reckon its worth it taking a punt that option (1) is true.

My thoughts, my opinions, nothing more, so grain of salt and all that!
    No Worries
    No Worries

NRL FF Survivor Champion : I'm like the waterboy.

Post by No Worries Fri May 20, 2016 9:47 am

Souths (-6.5)
    Tigers (-8.5)
    Manly(+8.5)
    Dogs (-5.5)
    Storm (+1.5)
    @ $25.42
    Rippin and Tearin
    Rippin and Tearin

Post by Rippin and Tearin Fri May 20, 2016 11:56 am

Your Name wrote:Souths (-6.5)
    Tigers (-8.5)
    Manly(+8.5)
    Dogs (-5.5)
    Storm (+1.5)
    @ $25.42

Good luck mate.

So if you have a Paddy power account and a william hill account there is free money currently available: Force $2.80 (WH) Blues $1.62 (PP) I've put my max bets on that one.

I got my money on:
    Force + 7.5
    Crusaders -11.5
    Chiefs -12.5
    Jaguares +15.5

All separate bets.
    Rippin and Tearin
    Rippin and Tearin

Post by Rippin and Tearin Fri May 20, 2016 12:00 pm

Also gonna take NZ @ $4 in London sevens.

Hoping Fiji might not be 100% focussed and SA doesn't tend to do that well in London leaves NZ at good value IMO. I reckon they have a 1 in 3 chance of winning.
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Fri May 20, 2016 12:04 pm

i think the Cowboys are a great bet to win tonight. not taking it though as i'm a bronx supporter and watching the game with some mates, dont want that conflict of interest feeling while watching.
    Revraiser
    Revraiser
    Fanatic

Post by Revraiser Fri May 20, 2016 5:02 pm

Im back !

Cowboys -9.5 im taking tonight.
    No Worries
    No Worries

NRL FF Survivor Champion : I'm like the waterboy.

Post by No Worries Fri May 20, 2016 6:10 pm

I've got Cowboys 1-12, so between 10-12 and we both go home happy.

What was -9.5 paying ?

(I got 3's)
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Fri May 20, 2016 7:31 pm

Hayne picked in the london 7s squad for the weekend
    Rippin and Tearin
    Rippin and Tearin

Post by Rippin and Tearin Fri May 20, 2016 7:57 pm

my tv broke wrote:Hayne picked in the london 7s squad for the weekend

Yeah, just saw that. I never got a bet on cause I couldn't find anyone with the option still open. I think you will find that without a doubt Coach Ryan got leaned on. I heard from someone that lives in Fiji that this situation has all the hall marks of the Fijian Government/Military intervention. You may well be looking good to win that bet.

That being said if I were you I would hope Hayne doesn't see more than 1 minutes game time per game! Just enough time to have a presence but not fuck up too bad, make a dick of himself, and therefore give Ryan the ammunition to be able to dump him.

First game at 11:04 NZ time - Eng v Fiji I reckon Hayne will come on in each game with 2 min or so left at best. Perhaps not even make the park in game 1 seeing as Fiji haven't actually won the series yet and need to make the Cup draw meaning they would really want to beat England first up.

I think I finally posted my first winner too. Crusaders easily over NSW.

Revraiser
    Revraiser
    Fanatic

Post by Revraiser Fri May 20, 2016 8:17 pm

Your Name wrote:I've got Cowboys 1-12, so between 10-12 and we both go home happy.

What was -9.5 paying ?

(I got 3's)

$3.20 here

Best of' mate Wink
    Revraiser
    Revraiser
    Fanatic

Post by Revraiser Fri May 20, 2016 8:20 pm

Rippin and Tearin wrote:

Yeah, just saw that. I never got a bet on cause I couldn't find anyone with the option still open. I think you will find that without a doubt Coach Ryan got leaned on. I heard from someone that lives in Fiji that this situation has all the hall marks of the Fijian Government/Military intervention.  You may well be looking good to win that bet.

That being said if I were you I would hope Hayne doesn't see more than 1 minutes game time per game! Just enough time to have a presence but not fuck up too bad, make a dick of himself, and therefore give Ryan the ammunition to be able to dump him.

First game at 11:04 NZ time - Eng v Fiji I reckon Hayne will come on in each game with 2 min or so left at best. Perhaps not even make the park in game 1 seeing as Fiji haven't actually won the series yet and need to make the Cup draw meaning they would really want to beat England first up.

I think I finally posted my first winner too. Crusaders easily over NSW.

It cannot be weighed what his presence does for the product. Will be very intriging to watch.
    Mr Fernando
    Mr Fernando

Post by Mr Fernando Sat May 21, 2016 12:53 pm

Speith just cruised home which gets Saturday off and running. I like Moriarty in R3 at Melbourne.

Mr Fernando
    Mr Fernando

Post by Mr Fernando Sat May 21, 2016 12:58 pm

Moriarty dead last lol. Had some mid race issue and finished 100m back. Great..

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 7:13 am