NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2022 Part 28 - My name is Marcelo Montoya, you killed my shoulder, prepare for a homophobic slur

manlybeaver
    manlybeaver

NRL Fantasy 2022 Part 28 - My name is Marcelo Montoya, you killed my shoulder, prepare for a homophobic slur - Page 8 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2022 Part 28 - My name is Marcelo Montoya, you killed my shoulder, prepare for a homophobic slur

Post by manlybeaver Tue Apr 12, 2022 6:05 am

I'm dropping teddy for taaffe allows me to go Wilton to anyone I want probably ipap or dce maybe Haas if he doesn't cop a suspension
    multiple.scoregasms
    multiple.scoregasms

NRL Fantasy 2022 Part 28 - My name is Marcelo Montoya, you killed my shoulder, prepare for a homophobic slur - Page 8 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2022 Part 28 - My name is Marcelo Montoya, you killed my shoulder, prepare for a homophobic slur

Post by multiple.scoregasms Tue Apr 12, 2022 6:34 am

rhinoceroo wrote:

Actual centres, who are the options? Lomax is off form, Ramien isn't really an Origin-type centre, Staggs I think could be great but don't think he'll be picked. Or maybe he brings in Wighton or Guth in a "pick seven fullbacks" policy. Basically, Crichton is at least a chance.

Freddie said if Latrell isn't fit Burton, Crichton and Best are the fron runners. I don't see why Staggs and Lomax shouldn't be in that conversation
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Fanatic

Post by Liverpool_Bulldog Tue Apr 12, 2022 6:57 am

I’m hoping Taaffe can be my May with more of a lifespan.
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Tue Apr 12, 2022 7:21 am

Should the community team do anything this week?

https://www.nrlfantasyfanatics.com/t1932-r6-discussion
    GarethEllisismyDad
    GarethEllisismyDad

Post by GarethEllisismyDad Tue Apr 12, 2022 7:24 am

multiple.scoregasms wrote:

Freddie said if Latrell isn't fit Burton, Crichton and Best are the fron runners. I don't see why Staggs and Lomax shouldn't be in that conversation

Form centre of the comp is ramien in my mind aswell, also seems harsh on Campbell graham has been around the squa

Personally think bradman best is overrated

Either way pretty sure Freddy ends up picking someone out if position
    B/L
    B/L

Post by B/L Tue Apr 12, 2022 7:27 am

Think they will go with Crichton for the Penrith connection.

Especially if they haven't lost a game at that point.
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Tue Apr 12, 2022 7:28 am

Taaffe is pretty tempting. Goal kicking too. And I have so many options to trade out.... lol

Where is this Haas decision from the NRL? Surely today before team lists come out. The longer it takes, the more I'm thinking the original 'two weeks' from Badel etc may be wrong.
    easytiger
    easytiger

NRL FF Survivor Champion : 2022

Post by easytiger Tue Apr 12, 2022 7:42 am

Honestly, I wouldn't put it past the NRL to deliberately leak a "possible" suspension in cases like Haas-shoe-gate in order to gauge public reaction and get a consensus as to how "damaging to the brand" the action really was before deciding what they will actually do...
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Tue Apr 12, 2022 8:01 am

easytiger wrote:Honestly, I wouldn't put it past the NRL to deliberately leak a "possible" suspension in cases like Haas-shoe-gate in order to gauge public reaction and get a consensus as to how "damaging to the brand" the action really was before deciding what they will actually do...

If he was a Queenslander, they'd just wait until the week before origin, and hand down the suspension then
    Mr Snrub
    Mr Snrub

Post by Mr Snrub Tue Apr 12, 2022 8:15 am

Milchcow wrote:

If he was a Queenslander, they'd just wait until the week before origin, and hand down the suspension then

If he was Billy Slater, the NRL would go home and get their shinebox for his shoes.
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Tue Apr 12, 2022 8:18 am

Dude in first has used three trades. Second has used two. Pricks.
    ShadowSabre
    ShadowSabre

Post by ShadowSabre Tue Apr 12, 2022 8:23 am

my tv broke wrote:Dude in first has used three trades. Second has used two. Pricks.

Jeez they must have lucked on to a bloody good initial squad. They will be hard to chase if they keep that up when all those trades come in handy mid to back end of the season
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Tue Apr 12, 2022 8:28 am

ShadowSabre wrote:

Jeez they must have lucked on to a bloody good initial squad. They will be hard to chase if they keep that up when all those trades come in handy mid to back end of the season

I guess that's the nature of being at the top early on, you've got good scorers and therefore aren't using many trades.

The top three sides all started with Moses, but aside from that there isn't anyone who wasn't heavily discussed, high ownership, or in everyone else's teams here. Just landed on a good mix and captained Haas from the get go. They don't have perfect teams but had obvious trade outs like Bullemor. First started with Murray as well.
    mattnz
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Tue Apr 12, 2022 9:01 am

Iron Mike wrote:I was so close to getting Hetherington in this week. It was only MTB's lack of interest that told me to stay away.

Happy to dodge a bullet and go Arrow + Sexton to Grant + Cotter ($0K left).

Cotter was getting low 40s minutes and scoring before the game went to overtime. Not seeing him as a buy at almost $600k.
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Fanatic

Post by Liverpool_Bulldog Tue Apr 12, 2022 9:10 am

mattnz wrote:

Cotter was getting low 40s minutes and scoring before the game went to overtime. Not seeing him as a buy at almost $600k.

I always find the ‘last game’ argument a bit tiresome. I don’t think the game runs off a script that is identical each week. One break here or there changes things drastically for the better.
    A dropped ball changes it the other way.

Just because someone scored 40 one week doesn’t mean they will next week.

Just a thought, also I need a MID this week so he is on the list
    mattnz
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Tue Apr 12, 2022 9:14 am

Rapture_NRL wrote:Cleary took on the line quite a few times last night and was close to breaking tackles/the line and scoring a try. I'm pretty happy that he's not shying away from contact. But the trend is underperforming guns. Only guns actually firing are IPap, Haas, Hynes, DCE and Murray.

If you don't have him though, every week you're missing him from now puts him in that awkward spot between now and Origin. If I didn't have him, latest I would bring him in is next week.

Missing Cook and Grant
    mattnz
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Tue Apr 12, 2022 9:19 am

my tv broke wrote:Dude in first has used three trades. Second has used two. Pricks.

Thats the way it will generally work, if you have a squad getting points, then you don't need to use trades.
    mattnz
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Tue Apr 12, 2022 9:21 am

Liverpool_Bulldog wrote:

I always find the ‘last game’ argument a bit tiresome. I don’t think the game runs off a script that is identical each week. One break here or there changes things drastically for the better.
    A dropped ball changes it the other way.  

Just because someone scored 40 one week doesn’t mean they will next week.

Just a thought, also I need a MID this week so he is on the list

In the games where he got bigger minutes, it was due to MID injuries and Payten getting pissy with Gilbert. This is the first game without injuries, so is the most relevant to actual expected minutes.

If Crichton gets his EDG spot back this week, he doesn't cost much more.
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Fanatic

Post by Liverpool_Bulldog Tue Apr 12, 2022 9:24 am

mattnz wrote:

In the games where he got bigger minutes, it was due to MID injuries. This is the first game without injuries, so is the most relevant to actual expected minutes.

Injuries are part of the game and unless it’s just games I have players involved in someone’s always going down. You could say games with no injuries are the outliers. I know they are probably not but we can’t predict the future. If ya like to watch the guy then who cares if we get him in
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Fanatic

Post by Liverpool_Bulldog Tue Apr 12, 2022 9:25 am

mattnz wrote:

In the games where he got bigger minutes, it was due to MID injuries and Payten getting pissy with Gilbert. This is the first game without injuries, so is the most relevant to actual expected minutes.

If Crichton gets his EDG spot back this week, he doesn't cost much more.

Also fuck Crichton the flog 😂

Current date/time is Mon Apr 29, 2024 2:35 am