NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2022 Part 28 - My name is Marcelo Montoya, you killed my shoulder, prepare for a homophobic slur

Pookus McFly
    Pookus McFly

NRL Fantasy 2022 Part 28 - My name is Marcelo Montoya, you killed my shoulder, prepare for a homophobic slur - Page 9 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2022 Part 28 - My name is Marcelo Montoya, you killed my shoulder, prepare for a homophobic slur

Post by Pookus McFly Tue Apr 12, 2022 11:29 am

Am I the only one who has found Grant less than convincing?
    mattnz
    mattnz
    Fanatic

NRL Fantasy 2022 Part 28 - My name is Marcelo Montoya, you killed my shoulder, prepare for a homophobic slur - Page 9 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2022 Part 28 - My name is Marcelo Montoya, you killed my shoulder, prepare for a homophobic slur

Post by mattnz Tue Apr 12, 2022 11:29 am

Liverpool_Bulldog wrote:

Also fuck Crichton the flog 😂
    Long term average of 58 at EDG. Priced at 44.
    mattnz
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Tue Apr 12, 2022 11:31 am

Pookus McFly wrote:Am I the only one who has found Grant less than convincing?
    As a new owner I was more than happy with his performance. Would have loved him to get the extra 10 minutes, but can't complain with a 68. He is heavily involved, both in attack and defence.
    Bethany_B
    Bethany_B

Post by Bethany_B Tue Apr 12, 2022 11:34 am

There's a reason I bought Cook ahead of him last week when I could have got either one, Cook has much better base and just as much if not more attacking upside, not to mention he almost always plays 80.

Grant is much more reliant on attacking stats, which is why he is better in Supercoach than Cook is.
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Fanatic

Post by Liverpool_Bulldog Tue Apr 12, 2022 11:36 am

mattnz wrote:

Priced right where he’s meant to be.

Salt
    ShadowSabre
    ShadowSabre

Post by ShadowSabre Tue Apr 12, 2022 11:48 am

mattnz wrote:

I owned him across the first three rounds and even in the games where he started and played 80mins he didnt look close to getting 58 points.

Was thrilled to drop him, not just coz of his scoring, but not having to look at that god awful facial hair too.

Big gamble to think he goes back to 58s even if gets the starting spot back I reckon.

Could be that he's just scoring his new norm and that his old scoring is a thing of the past.

Would prefer to see a few scores strung together before jumping on, otherwise you just end up paying for his current scoring, price even potentially goes down some more, goes back to the bench etc and having to offload him.

wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Tue Apr 12, 2022 11:50 am

No. Don't see him as a must have at all.
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Tue Apr 12, 2022 12:03 pm

Eventually we'll all want to get rid of Randall and Starling and get a proper hooker.

Cook or Grant look the best bets. Maybe Mahoney at a discount if he gets his fantasy act together
    BCT05
    BCT05

Post by BCT05 Tue Apr 12, 2022 12:06 pm

ShadowSabre wrote:

I owned him across the first three rounds and even in the games where he started and played 80mins he didnt look close to getting 58 points.

Was thrilled to drop him, not just coz of his scoring, but not having to look at that god awful facial hair too.

Big gamble to think he goes back to 58s even if gets the starting spot back I reckon.

Could be that he's just scoring his new norm and that his old scoring is a thing of the past.

Would prefer to see a few scores strung together before jumping on, otherwise you just end up paying for his current scoring, price even potentially goes down some more, goes back to the bench etc and having to offload him.

At his current price if he secures the edge spot again he'd be straight into my team. He might not go back to avg 58 but surely at least 50.

However if he's named there this week it's probably just because of Butchers HIA so I'd be waiting to see him named there next week too
    Snatchpato
    Snatchpato

Post by Snatchpato Tue Apr 12, 2022 12:13 pm

Need another gun mid, so was looking at my cows who could be milked and my list is this (from soonest milking to latest):

- Nanai: another under 40 score and he's going backwards soon. Reminds me of Tupouniua from last year who I held for far too long. Definitely has a 60+ in him, but if all goes wrong we've seen he can go sub 20. $500k might be a good price for him.

- SCrichton: the 16 on the weekend has put the breaks on his scoring. I have Cotric in my squad who can sub in for similar scores if he doesn't have goal-kicking and therefore that extra 10 points a game. 3 weeks of 40s will see him hold his price, which might even be a stretch if he doesn't go big this week. Handy DPP and potentially plays round 13, but might play origin so less desirable to hold.

- Tago: this will be a little controversial, but this guy may have peaked. His 31 on the weekend included a TA+LBA so without his attacking stats could be scoring mid 20s. Like SCrit, averaging 40s here on in will hold his value, but as a pure ctr he could average less and start going backwards. Another week where his score this week will impact his place in my side a lot. Handy DPP and playing R13 a consideration though.

- SWalker: went well this week to get his price moving in the right direction, however is a rocks or diamonds kinda player. A couple more 50s in a row and he has 100k to make. A couple more 20s in a row and he's ready to go. Next couple of weeks are crucial for him, and I'll likely be making a call depending on how he performs this week.

- Fermor: also somewhat rocks and diamonds, but more reliable than Nanai. 36 with no attacking stats and an uncharacteristic 5 missed tackles is good signs that Fermor is developing as a player, and getting more involved in defence. A more solid base has me wanting to hold him much more than the other options.

- Ilias/Tuilagi/Schneider/Jones/Ming: all moving in the right direction with plenty of money left to make.
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Tue Apr 12, 2022 12:21 pm

Snatchpato wrote:
    - Tago: this will be a little controversial, but this guy may have peaked. His 31 on the weekend included a TA+LBA so without his attacking stats could be scoring mid 20s. Like SCrit, averaging 40s here on in will hold his value, but as a pure ctr he could average less and start going backwards. Another week where his score this week will impact his place in my side a lot. Handy DPP and playing R13 a consideration though.

hehe. before last week people didnt think a score of 30 was even possible for him. shock horror, he's a centre and that will happen, was always going to. no concerns though for me.

staggs v tago could be an interesting battle this week.
    Krump
    Krump

Post by Krump Tue Apr 12, 2022 12:23 pm

easytiger wrote:Honestly, I wouldn't put it past the NRL to deliberately leak a "possible" suspension in cases like Haas-shoe-gate in order to gauge public reaction and get a consensus as to how "damaging to the brand" the action really was before deciding what they will actually do...
    I thought the same thing when it was leaked last week
    Mr Snrub
    Mr Snrub

Post by Mr Snrub Tue Apr 12, 2022 12:26 pm

Starting with Angus is probably going to be a season defining mistake for me lol

He's one of my fave players and nobody could have predicted he'd flop so hard but regardless IPap was a similar price and kicked on well. Curran was a bit cheaper and someone I wanted from the start but I stuck with a 'reliable' gun.

Bethany_B
    Bethany_B

Post by Bethany_B Tue Apr 12, 2022 12:38 pm

Thoughts on my 2nd trade? (1st one is Critta for Koula if he's playing)

A: JKing to Curran
    B: Nanai to Curran
    C: Hold the 2nd trade and have 324k in the bank, then sell both Nanai and King next week (unless Teddy has another low score)
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Tue Apr 12, 2022 12:42 pm

my tv broke wrote:

hehe. before last week people didnt think a score of 30 was even possible for him. shock horror, he's a centre and that will happen, was always going to. no concerns though for me.

staggs v tago could be an interesting battle this week.

I still think Aitken and Burton will be the best CTR pairing for the run home. Tago is a planned upgrade, although could well be the guy who finds a way to stick around all season as never get a chance to trade him out.

Crichton will go before him though. Crichton's DPP the main reason he is hanging around for me, don't need him as a CTR
    Finch
    Finch

Post by Finch Tue Apr 12, 2022 12:59 pm

Mr Snrub wrote:Starting with Angus is probably going to be a season defining mistake for me lol  

He's one of my fave players and nobody could have predicted he'd flop so hard but regardless IPap was a similar price and kicked on well. Curran was a bit cheaper and someone I wanted from the start but I stuck with a 'reliable' gun.  

This was me as well. Started with Fifita & Crichton, where IPap & Haas was the play essentially.

Ah well, looked good before round 1 Very Happy
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Fanatic

Post by Liverpool_Bulldog Tue Apr 12, 2022 1:01 pm

Hoping Billy Smith is back this week. Reckon there’s a 98.45% chance we never see him again in 2022 though.
    mattnz
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Tue Apr 12, 2022 1:16 pm

If Harry Rushton gets a chance for Raiders, he should be a great buy. Averaging 60 fantasy points in reserve grade.
    Moanaman
    Moanaman

Post by Moanaman Tue Apr 12, 2022 1:25 pm

Found this on Reddit, Love you @easytiger @wt2k

https://streamable.com/r2bfp7
    Rabbits21
    Rabbits21
    Fanatic

Post by Rabbits21 Tue Apr 12, 2022 1:28 pm

multiple.scoregasms wrote:

Freddie said if Latrell isn't fit Burton, Crichton and Best are the fron runners. I don't see why Staggs and Lomax shouldn't be in that conversation
    Lomax is playing garbage full of errors.

Call me bias but I rather Campbell Graham than Lomax. My Dragons mate said would you swap Campbell for Lomax I said no way!!!

Current date/time is Mon May 13, 2024 10:16 am