NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2022 Part 28 - My name is Marcelo Montoya, you killed my shoulder, prepare for a homophobic slur

The Bludger#2
    The Bludger#2

NRL Fantasy 2022 Part 28 - My name is Marcelo Montoya, you killed my shoulder, prepare for a homophobic slur - Page 7 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2022 Part 28 - My name is Marcelo Montoya, you killed my shoulder, prepare for a homophobic slur

Post by The Bludger#2 Mon Apr 11, 2022 9:12 pm

Haas & May are quickly getting too expensive to pick up.
    Looking at pulling the trigger on Lolo & Scritta > Grant (he is under-valued and an absolute gun) and Taafe (it's a risk I know, but 8 weeks at less than $350k is worth it).
    Thoughts?
    Do I just get May and be done with it - and hope he isn't kicked to the curb by To'o?

Edit: just worked out that I can go Randall + Scritta > Grant + Taafe
    Keeping Lolo around until he gets injured looks like a better plan, or I use him to upgrade to Haas.

Last edited by The Bludger#2 on Mon Apr 11, 2022 10:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
    poisoncup
    poisoncup

NRL Fantasy 2022 Part 28 - My name is Marcelo Montoya, you killed my shoulder, prepare for a homophobic slur - Page 7 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2022 Part 28 - My name is Marcelo Montoya, you killed my shoulder, prepare for a homophobic slur

Post by poisoncup Mon Apr 11, 2022 9:24 pm

Rapture_NRL wrote:

If you don't have him though, every week you're missing him from now puts him in that awkward spot between now and Origin. If I didn't have him, latest I would bring him in is next week.
    Yeah, this is an interesting point. I certainly want Cleary eventually, and hated watching the Penrith game with my hands in front of my eyes, but I'm now starting to wonder if he's as urgent a trade in as I've made him out to be, and the awkward timing before Origin is certainly one reason behind my re-thinking it.

The reality of my team at the moment is that I'd need to sacrifice another gun to get him this week, and I'll probably be in the same boat next week too. I was semi-considering Fifita as a path to Cleary, maybe even Aitken too, and then they both went big this week and made me grateful that I didn't do it. Given the amount of frustrating 20s and 30s that my cash cows/mid-rangers are pumping out, every keeper who can potentially pump out a big score is precious. I don't want to say that trading another gun/keeper to Cleary is necessarily sideways trading, but it has kinda worked out to be a sideways trade so far if you had to sacrifice another keeper to bring him in. Weirdly, I had my best week of the year so far and the main reason behind it seems to be that I didn't tear apart my team to bring in Cleary. Of course, this is just one week, and I'm sure he's one huge score away from making me want to tear my team apart in FOMO to bring him in.

I need to get rid of Clifford this week though. His BE is now pretty high and he's deadset average on the eye test. Has made me a little bit of cash, and he was always meant as a Cleary placeholder. I can't turn him into Cleary yet, even with 2 trades (such is the paucity of decent cows) so I'm thinking of making him Lolo who is looking good, will be a starting MID all year and is someone I feel comfortable that I won't be trading out unless he gets injured again. Also thinking of turning SCRichton into Taaffe to build a bit of bank to help find another path to Cleary. Just leaves me very light in the halves until I can bring in a Cleary or DCE. Like, I'm talking Ilias and Schneider as my starting halves light.

Annoyingly, I'm 3k off Clifford and SCrichton to DCE and Taaffe...

Last edited by poisoncup on Mon Apr 11, 2022 9:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Rapture_NRL
    Rapture_NRL

Post by Rapture_NRL Mon Apr 11, 2022 9:36 pm

poisoncup wrote:

Annoyingly, I'm 3k off Clifford and SCrichton to DCE and Taaffe...

Yikes. If Koula comes in, DCE is doable.

I agree with your point re not trading semi decent scorers. I think Aitken is going to be good enough to keep all year. Fifita out only makes sense if you're getting similar scores at a cheaper price, which doesn't look likely unless you're going Cotter or ARey.
    StuDogg101
    StuDogg101

Post by StuDogg101 Mon Apr 11, 2022 9:52 pm

I'm probably going to milk a cow and go Sexton to Cleary this week. He's not quite back up to speed, but one try and he'll be knocking on the door of a banner. I've taken the chance so far, but I don't think I want to wait anymore. Just in case.
    Rabbits21
    Rabbits21
    Fanatic

Post by Rabbits21 Mon Apr 11, 2022 10:57 pm

WT2K wrote:https://twitter.com/SSFCRABBITOHS/status/1513383503978954752?t=JMFdx26z-t8e-xrjxLltWQ&s=19
    Scans confirm that Latrell has suffered a hamstring injury and will be out for 8 weeks.
    I’m shattered mate heard this news on my long shift at work today, on the back of not having a good fantasy round then this I’ve been feeling a bit low today tbh Trell out for that long is a big blow.

We will just have to get on as best as we can Taaffe can do a solid job. Certainly our attack is now weaker though.
    Rabbits21
    Rabbits21
    Fanatic

Post by Rabbits21 Mon Apr 11, 2022 11:01 pm

L-Jimmy wrote:

He's 22 and played FB 3 games last year. WFB depth is pretty dire this year, and I don't mind risk 338l on someone with a bit of JS and a decent highlights reel . I particularly like the line-running angles from 30sec
    Hey mate he did score 25, 49 and 30 in the finals series for your info. He will be our GK now too but I don’t think we have as many points in us now. He does bring back the ball with lots of energy but he’s not really the tackle busting type.
    WT Winfield
    WT Winfield

Post by WT Winfield Mon Apr 11, 2022 11:05 pm

Rabbits21 wrote:
    Hey mate he did score 25, 49 and 30 in the finals series for your info. He will be our GK now too but I don’t think we have as many points in us now. He does bring back the ball with lots of energy but he’s not really the tackle busting type.

He's a good looking son of a bitch though. Has that Murray-esque quality where the opposition's always a step off from being lost in the eyes.
    Rabbits21
    Rabbits21
    Fanatic

Post by Rabbits21 Mon Apr 11, 2022 11:15 pm

Just have 3k itb now. Have used 5 out of a possible 8 trade opportunities.

Team is the following with 27 trades left til round 19

Grant
    Haas Mann M. King
    Arrow Jones
    Cleary Schneider
    Tago Penisini
    Teddy Hynes Pap

S. Crichton Randall Starling Nanai
    Ilias Leo Thompson Billy Smith Koula

Early thoughts are if Angus is named to start I’ll do Arrow to Angus.

Do we think S. Crichton is a hold? Or is it too late and stupid to do him to Taylan May?
    filthridden
    filthridden

Post by filthridden Mon Apr 11, 2022 11:33 pm

Not much left but if anyone wants some dirt cheap SC Falcons gear:

https://scfalcons.com.au/online-shop/

selling 2020 and 2021 gear.
    rhinoceroo
    rhinoceroo
    Fanatic

Post by rhinoceroo Mon Apr 11, 2022 11:39 pm

Rabbits21 wrote:

Not all fullbacks are great scorers of course, but goal-kicking FB priced at 24 does seem ok... can afford to wait a bit. Bit too early to jump off Critta but another bad score could get his price going backwards so Taafe might be an option for me in next week or two. No trades for me this week after costing myself 30 points with last week's unnecessary moves.
    Rabbits21
    Rabbits21
    Fanatic

Post by Rabbits21 Mon Apr 11, 2022 11:41 pm

rhinoceroo wrote:

Not all fullbacks are great scorers of course, but goal-kicking FB priced at 24 does seem ok... can afford to wait a bit. Bit too early to jump off Critta but another bad score could get his price going backwards so Taafe might be an option for me in next week or two. No trades for me this week after costing myself 30 points with last week's unnecessary moves.
    If Angus starts is Arrow to Angus a good trade. I feel it could be.

Thing with S. Crichton is he plays round 13.
    rhinoceroo
    rhinoceroo
    Fanatic

Post by rhinoceroo Mon Apr 11, 2022 11:43 pm

Rabbits21 wrote:Just have 3k itb now. Have used 5 out of a possible 8 trade opportunities.

Team is the following with 27 trades left til round 19

Grant
    Haas Mann M. King
    Arrow Jones
    Cleary Schneider
    Tago Penisini
    Teddy Hynes Pap

S. Crichton Randall Starling Nanai
    Ilias Leo Thompson Billy Smith Koula

Early thoughts are if Angus is named to start I’ll do Arrow to Angus.

Do we think S. Crichton is a hold? Or is it too late and stupid to do him to Taylan May?

Crichton to May seems very sideways. Just suck it up that you've missed May.
    rhinoceroo
    rhinoceroo
    Fanatic

Post by rhinoceroo Mon Apr 11, 2022 11:47 pm

Rabbits21 wrote:
    If Angus starts is Arrow to Angus a good trade. I feel it could be.

Thing with S. Crichton is he plays round 13.

Arrow to Angus is an upgrade if you trust he'll keep an 80-minute 2RF gig and Robinson won't mess around on gamedays. (Butcher might be out with HIA this week, so that could complicate things further).

Wouldn't surprise me if Crichton gets Origin centre spot with Latrell out, unless they go back to Wighton.
    WT Winfield
    WT Winfield

Post by WT Winfield Mon Apr 11, 2022 11:52 pm

rhinoceroo wrote:

Wouldn't surprise me if Crichton gets Origin centre spot with Latrell out, unless they go back to Wighton.

Yeah they started talking Scritta up the other night. Name would certainly be in the mix after going all-in on Panthers worked last year.
    Rabbits21
    Rabbits21
    Fanatic

Post by Rabbits21 Mon Apr 11, 2022 11:57 pm

rhinoceroo wrote:

Crichton to May seems very sideways. Just suck it up that you've missed May.
    Might be a week to hold.
    rhinoceroo
    rhinoceroo
    Fanatic

Post by rhinoceroo Tue Apr 12, 2022 12:01 am

WT Winfield wrote:

Yeah they started talking Scritta up the other night. Name would certainly be in the mix after going all-in on Panthers worked last year.

Actual centres, who are the options? Lomax is off form, Ramien isn't really an Origin-type centre, Staggs I think could be great but don't think he'll be picked. Or maybe he brings in Wighton or Guth in a "pick seven fullbacks" policy. Basically, Crichton is at least a chance.
    WT Winfield
    WT Winfield

Post by WT Winfield Tue Apr 12, 2022 12:03 am

rhinoceroo wrote:

Actual centres, who are the options? Lomax is off form, Ramien isn't really an Origin-type centre, Staggs I think could be great but don't think he'll be picked. Or maybe he brings in Wighton or Guth in a "pick seven fullbacks" policy. Basically, Crichton is at least a chance.

Yeah can't say he doesn't deserve a shot. If nothing else it'd be fun to cheer him on for being a douchebag for once.
    Jele
    Jele

NFL Fantasy L1 Champion : 2019
    NRL FF Survivor Champion : 2020

Post by Jele Tue Apr 12, 2022 2:21 am

rhinoceroo wrote:

Campbell Graham was in the extended squad at one point last year, and has been going OK this year. Not sure if his defence is quite there yet, but could be in the mix too.
    Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Tue Apr 12, 2022 3:35 am

Clifford - DCE and JKing - Angus?

Obvs no Cleary for a while
    Honey Badger
    Honey Badger

Post by Honey Badger Tue Apr 12, 2022 5:39 am

Grouse wrote:Is Tuilagi a trade in? Hmm...

His cash gen has been stalled several times. If he can get a good run now without getting injured during games then he should end up being a good cash cow and playable in your 17.

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 3:48 pm