NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2022 Part 12 - The first rule of trade club is, we only trade CTRs

Aardvark
    Aardvark

NRL Fantasy 2022 Part 12 - The first rule of trade club is, we only trade CTRs - Page 40 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2022 Part 12 - The first rule of trade club is, we only trade CTRs

Post by Aardvark Thu Mar 17, 2022 11:04 am

my tv broke wrote:Mentioned in Cleary poll thread, but might throw it here.

With SJ out injured, I am considering grabbing Tualagi (or even Tago?), instead of a higher priced replacement (eg Sexton), to build bank for Cleary in a few weeks.

Would leave me relying on Ilias or Coates this week (since Schneider is also out this week), but luckily they play first. (could switch Hynes from wfb to hlf depending on Ilias/Coates score).

Thoughts?

It is probably at the cost of around 10 to 15 pts per week if Tualagi is a low 40's scorer (i feel like his match fitness improves) and Sexton is a low 50's, possibly. Sexton does look a guy who could bust out an 80pt game though.

I did like the look of Sexton in the first half last week. Looks a gun footy player.

It's been said above, but Sexton probably represents more options down the road. He could become someone you want to keep or he could be a gateway to Cleary.

Added to that is the fact that he is better to watch (& therefore own) with a more reliable base, so you won't be sitting there watching him hovering around 30 points for most of the second half every week hoping for a try.
    Cap'n Ranta
    Cap'n Ranta

NRL Fantasy 2022 Part 12 - The first rule of trade club is, we only trade CTRs - Page 40 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2022 Part 12 - The first rule of trade club is, we only trade CTRs

Post by Cap'n Ranta Thu Mar 17, 2022 11:05 am

my tv broke wrote:Mentioned in Cleary poll thread, but might throw it here.

With SJ out injured, I am considering grabbing Tualagi (or even Tago?), instead of a higher priced replacement (eg Sexton), to build bank for Cleary in a few weeks.

Would leave me relying on Ilias or Coates this week (since Schneider is also out this week), but luckily they play first. (could switch Hynes from wfb to hlf depending on Ilias/Coates score).

Thoughts?

It is probably at the cost of around 10 to 15 pts per week if Tualagi is a low 40's scorer (i feel like his match fitness improves) and Sexton is a low 50's, possibly. Sexton does look a guy who could bust out an 80pt game though.

I did like the look of Sexton in the first half last week. Looks a gun footy player.

I had the same SJ issue but went for J. King to build cash gen and cash ITB for future guns. I didn’t have the bank for a gun now (Grant). Definitely feels like a sacrifice of points now for a potential future cleary captaincy 1 week earlier. Sexton could make similar bank to Tuilagi though so I don’t think you can really go wrong either way.
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Thu Mar 17, 2022 11:09 am

Also just going back to convince myself that Tuilagi will cool off and Seyfarth will take mins off him anyway.
    Bethany_B
    Bethany_B

Post by Bethany_B Thu Mar 17, 2022 11:11 am

I wish I could reach Sexton without giving up Nanai, but I'm 15k short of going Cheese/Russell to Sexton/Nanai. Not the end of the world since I also have Munster at half, but if I could do that trade I would take it, as much as I rate Gilbert.

mattnz
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Thu Mar 17, 2022 11:13 am

Bethany_B wrote:I wish I could reach Sexton without giving up Nanai, but I'm 15k short of going Cheese/Russell to Sexton/Nanai. Not the end of the world since I also have Munster at half, but if I could do that trade I would take it, as much as I rate Gilbert.

Is it worth considering Clifford / Nanai?

mattnz
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Thu Mar 17, 2022 11:19 am

robelgordo wrote:

I think plans for Cleary that involve leaving cash in the bank for multiple weeks are not ideal.

The opportunity cost is obvious (points foregone), but I feel like they'll inevitably be 1-2 players that end up busts (injury/form etc.) and just make it easier for everyone else to bridge to Cleary anyway.

I am aware this sounds very much like leaving it up to fate though and could also backfire spectacularly. Like I'll have to sell Haas or something.

Yeah, my Cleary plan involves trading out the 2 guys that make the most sense at the time of:
    Lolo
    Tapine
    Mann
    Wilton
    Hynes
    Burton
    Mitchell
    Papy
    Gilbert
    Edwards

All depends on who is injured / suspended / their form / role etc at that time, but will have lots of options (10) in that $600k range to select from, just keep the ones that look like they will keep gunning it and dump the worst 2 options for Cleary and a $220-240k

One of the advantages of having lots of mid-rangers this season.

Last edited by mattnz on Thu Mar 17, 2022 11:22 am; edited 1 time in total
    Bethany_B
    Bethany_B

Post by Bethany_B Thu Mar 17, 2022 11:21 am

mattnz wrote:
    Is it worth considering Clifford / Nanai?

I'm not 100% sold on Clifford but I don't mind that either, he seems like he might be this year's Townsend.

Main downside over Gilbert/LMartin is that I would have to sell Russell, whereas for the other two (or anyone under 533k) I can sell Vailea first.
    Revraiser
    Revraiser
    Fanatic

Post by Revraiser Thu Mar 17, 2022 11:24 am

Aardvark wrote:

Love this cheer ....I think if you posted a 'Are you referring to my proposal to trade one peanut butter jar lid for a one legged dog' type reply then you know, deep down inside that your trade is a bad idea  Twisted Evil

As for me....Amone was never in my side, it was always Tago and if anyone says anything different then I'll get @Revraiser to say something pithy in their general direction

I've gained employment via the forum atlast !
    mattnz
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Thu Mar 17, 2022 11:24 am

Bethany_B wrote:

I'm not 100% sold on Clifford but I don't mind that either, he seems like he might be this year's Townsend.

Main downside over Gilbert/LMartin is that I would have to sell Russell, whereas for the other two (or anyone under 533k) I can sell Vailea first.

I wish the best for the guy, but doubt that Russell is returning in a reasonable timeframe to be worth holding that long.
    mintotheimmortal
    mintotheimmortal

Post by mintotheimmortal Thu Mar 17, 2022 11:24 am

my tv broke wrote:

Possibly/probably. None of the options at 6 are exactly world beaters atm. Ezra Mam will eventually get the 6 but he probably needs to harden up defense in Q Cup first.

If we start losing a bunch of games, then the questions probably come on the 9 and the 1. If Reynolds is doing his job then the 6 doesnt have too much responsibility.

Te Marie Martin? Once he gets back into his groove I don’t understand how any of the others keep him out
    Bethany_B
    Bethany_B

Post by Bethany_B Thu Mar 17, 2022 11:26 am

mattnz wrote:

I wish the best for the guy, but doubt that Russell is returning in a reasonable timeframe to be worth holding that long.

Oh I agree, it's more so prioritising which one to sell this week and which one to sell next week or hold until a better cheapie comes along
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Thu Mar 17, 2022 11:26 am

mintotheimmortal wrote:

Te Marie Martin? Once he gets back into his groove I don’t understand how any of the others keep him out

Would be cool to see him get back to where he was in footy, but by the sounds of things he has a long way to go still.
    mattnz
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Thu Mar 17, 2022 11:28 am

Bethany_B wrote:

Oh I agree, it's more so prioritising which one to sell this week and which one to sell next week or hold until a better cheapie comes along

Vailea could be anywhere from Rounds 4-6 depending on the source of info, so is a much better potential hold. He was injured 20 minutes into the match, so I wouldn't read much into his score of 7.
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Thu Mar 17, 2022 11:30 am

I would just punt the guy that gets you who you want to trade in.

Russell and Vailea aren't automatic selections in their respective teams.
    Bethany_B
    Bethany_B

Post by Bethany_B Thu Mar 17, 2022 11:30 am

mattnz wrote:

Vailea could be anywhere from Rounds 4-6 depending on the source of info, so is a much better potential hold. He was injured 20 minutes into the match, so I wouldn't read much into his score of 7.

Fair enough, I think I'll do that then. Selling Russell over Vailea gives me up to 587k so I don't necessarily have to get Clifford, I could also get Arrow, Wighton, Tapine etc.
    Mulvy
    Mulvy

Post by Mulvy Thu Mar 17, 2022 11:32 am

I don't watch any AFL, but is this Luke Beveridge a wanker or what?
    mattnz
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Thu Mar 17, 2022 11:33 am

Bethany_B wrote:

Fair enough, I think I'll do that then. Selling Russell over Vailea gives me up to 587k so I don't necessarily have to get Clifford, I could also get Arrow, Wighton, Tapine etc.
    Tapine didn't get the minutes I wanted last week. Is currently a hold, not a buy.
    Rabbits21
    Rabbits21
    Fanatic

Post by Rabbits21 Thu Mar 17, 2022 11:34 am

Honey Badger wrote:

This is what ive been going back and forth with all week. Off the bat I went Arrow but that leaves me no bank. If I go Gilbert I'll have 92k in the kitty. That will come in handy if Ilias flops again but ive got all the good initial cashies apart from Josh King but im happy to miss him.
    Yep go Gilbert
    Bethany_B
    Bethany_B

Post by Bethany_B Thu Mar 17, 2022 11:36 am

mattnz wrote:
    Tapine didn't get the minutes I wanted last week. Is currently a hold, not a buy.

Yeah I agree, I was more so mentioning him as someone in that price range. I do own him in Supercoach though Very Happy

I think I'm going Clifford, as he seems to be doing everything for the Knights, has goalkicking and it also allows me to do a double loop with Coates and Billy Smith
    Aardvark
    Aardvark

Post by Aardvark Thu Mar 17, 2022 11:38 am

Mulvy wrote:I don't watch any AFL, but is this Luke Beveridge a wanker or what?

Yes

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 8:08 pm