NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2022 Part 12 - The first rule of trade club is, we only trade CTRs

Milchcow
    Milchcow

NRL Fantasy 2022 Part 12 - The first rule of trade club is, we only trade CTRs - Page 21 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2022 Part 12 - The first rule of trade club is, we only trade CTRs

Post by Milchcow Tue Mar 15, 2022 10:24 am

FalconSloth wrote:Those of you trading out Utoikamanu have your expectations for the season really changed that much? It’s been 1 game where he got 4 less minutes then expected and the data shows that his low scoring is more of an anomaly than anything else. It would be easy for my team to just trade him but I just don’t know if warranted yet considering he was in most teams based on the thought that he would become a gun

I think people have already answered this, but the main thing is that people are looking to trade someone else in, and Uto is the one to make way, rather than specifically trying to trade Uto out.
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

NRL Fantasy 2022 Part 12 - The first rule of trade club is, we only trade CTRs - Page 21 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2022 Part 12 - The first rule of trade club is, we only trade CTRs

Post by wolfking Tue Mar 15, 2022 10:26 am

Really tempted to punt on Schiller keeping a spot....
    Stylebender
    Stylebender

Post by Stylebender Tue Mar 15, 2022 10:28 am

standard-issue wrote:

I know this will sound pedantic, not my intention mate, but 37 in base stats, and 29 of those tackles.  That is an obscene amount for any Centre.  Remains to be seen if he replicates it or if it is an outlier.  Although he does look like even if he averages closer to 20 tackles he certainly has a lot more run metres in him to help balance out.

I have massive TAGO FOMO but not sure I will bring him in.  

My current mood: TAGO FOMO

Averaging 40+ ain’t an easy task but I think it’s a gamble I’m willing to take, he passed the eye test with flying colours and Penrith already look unbeatable. I can see him hitting 500k+ early with those matchups.
    Grouse
    Grouse

Post by Grouse Tue Mar 15, 2022 10:30 am

wolfking wrote:Really tempted to punt on Schiller keeping a spot....
    Rapana is due back from suspension soon mate.
    Revraiser
    Revraiser
    Fanatic

Post by Revraiser Tue Mar 15, 2022 10:30 am

wolfking wrote:Really cornered to punt on Schiller keeping a spot....

Sure about that ?
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Tue Mar 15, 2022 10:31 am

samaael wrote:Hi everyone,
    Really want Vailea out. Thoughts on Will Smith? Playing for overall/ plays first bye round. Cant get Tago with the single trade.

Or something to the effect off: stefano and Vailea out for Katoa and Tago

I have Ilias, B. Walters, Vailea and Schneider

If I make no trades; i will be looping Ilias or A.Fifita

I know he's cheap and good cover, but he's the perennial Bridesmaid. Has never really locked down a starting role in his career and even when he has had a good run of ins he hasn't locked down a position. Actually really like him as a player though.
    Teeth Eater
    Teeth Eater

Post by Teeth Eater Tue Mar 15, 2022 10:32 am

Me too! Tell me more. Please convince me.

He would be an absolute blessing for me team if he could hold that spot. Let's say he's held Kris out of the position this week and can keep him out if he plays well... what happens when Rapana is back next week? Who misses out then?
    Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Tue Mar 15, 2022 10:33 am

standard-issue wrote:

The Draw in this case is a good point, something to consider.

I never consider a draw mate, just think hes lready got cash going and only needs a nother meatie to make his cash quick! Im considering keeping Lolo and getting him
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Tue Mar 15, 2022 10:34 am

Bethany_B wrote:Thoughts on buying Ponga? I just had a second look at his round 1 score and he got to 50 without doing that much, seems like having the captaincy has given him more motivation to get involved, and with Gagai there on the right, he doesn't exclusively go left anymore. Getting Ponga would also mean my WFB is effectively locked in until I can get Turbo, since I also have Teddy and Papy.

Option 1: Cheese to Ponga, hold Vailea and Russell

Option 2: Cheese to Ponga, Vailea to Fletcher Baker

Option 3: Cheese to Ponga, Russell to Jaxson Paulo

Option 4: Cheese to Martin, Vailea to Nanai (my original trades)

Personally like 3.

Is Martin being talked about because of his price point? I know he has Fantasy potential, but he would do my head in I reckon, terribly inconsistent.
    Teeth Eater
    Teeth Eater

Post by Teeth Eater Tue Mar 15, 2022 10:35 am

standard-issue wrote:

I know he's cheap and good cover, but he's the perennial Bridesmaid.  Has never really locked down a starting role in his career and even when he has had a good run of ins he hasn't locked down a position.  Actually really like him as a player though.

Do you think Brimson's injury history is a factor at all in this equation? I know it's shit to be making decisions on possible injuries, but it's in the back of my mind.
    Papadontbleach
    Papadontbleach

Post by Papadontbleach Tue Mar 15, 2022 10:35 am

Teeth Eater wrote:

Me too! Tell me more. Please convince me.  

He would be an absolute blessing for me team if he could hold that spot. Let's say he's held Kris out of the position this week and can keep him out if he plays well... what happens when Rapana is back next week? Who misses out then?

Rapana will play wing and I think he will take Semi Valemei's spot.

The question is does Valemei or Seb Kris take Schiller's centre spot?

I don't know the answer, Ricky probably doesn't even know yet.
    Teeth Eater
    Teeth Eater

Post by Teeth Eater Tue Mar 15, 2022 10:37 am

Welshy wrote:

I never consider a draw mate, just think hes lready got cash going and only needs a nother meatie to make his cash quick! Im considering keeping Lolo and getting him

Couldn't agree more, cob. Look how considering the draw worked out for Roosters and Bunnies enthusiasts last week. Sad
    Mulvy
    Mulvy

Post by Mulvy Tue Mar 15, 2022 10:39 am

I don't see it. Kris is a good player, Rapana to come back. Possibly even Croker. I think Timoko holds his spot, I like him.
    Teeth Eater
    Teeth Eater

Post by Teeth Eater Tue Mar 15, 2022 10:40 am

Papadontbleach wrote:

Rapana will play wing and I think he will take Semi Valemei's spot.  

The question is does Valemei or Seb Kris take Schiller's centre spot?

I don't know the answer, Ricky probably doesn't even know yet.  

Haha. Yeah, it's a frightful gamble. I thought Ricky Stuart was a big fan of Kris, which is one of my biggest worries.
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Tue Mar 15, 2022 10:42 am

Grouse wrote:
    Rapana is due back from suspension soon mate.

Fuck....

I need to manufacture a cheap cow ffs.
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Tue Mar 15, 2022 10:42 am

Stylebender wrote:
    standard-issue wrote:

I know this will sound pedantic, not my intention mate, but 37 in base stats, and 29 of those tackles.  That is an obscene amount for any Centre.  Remains to be seen if he replicates it or if it is an outlier.  Although he does look like even if he averages closer to 20 tackles he certainly has a lot more run metres in him to help balance out.

I have massive TAGO FOMO but not sure I will bring him in.  

My current mood: TAGO FOMO

Averaging 40+ ain’t an easy task but I think it’s a gamble I’m willing to take, he passed the eye test with flying colours and Penrith already look unbeatable. I can see him hitting 500k+ early with those matchups.

I hadn't looked at the Draw till LB mentioned it. That coupled with Cleary maybe back soon gives him plenty of opportunity for another meatie or 2. I don't generally look at the Draw too much but I am trying to build a case for him and that helps.

standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Tue Mar 15, 2022 10:49 am

Welshy wrote:
    standard-issue wrote:

The Draw in this case is a good point, something to consider.

I very rarely do unless I'm stuck between 2 picks and can't decide. The next month is good and Cleary back to boot, probably. I am actually starting to Tango...

But dem tackles, Jesus, that's right up there for for a Centre, particularly first game starting.
    Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Tue Mar 15, 2022 10:52 am

standard-issue wrote:

I very rarely do unless I'm stuck between 2 picks and can't decide.  The next month is good and Cleary back to boot, probably.  I am actually starting to Tango...

But dem tackles, Jesus, that's right up there for for a Centre, particularly first game starting.

second row mentality in the CTR like Aitken used to be, think I also talked myself into it
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Tue Mar 15, 2022 10:59 am

Teeth Eater wrote:
    standard-issue wrote:

I know he's cheap and good cover, but he's the perennial Bridesmaid.  Has never really locked down a starting role in his career and even when he has had a good run of ins he hasn't locked down a position.  Actually really like him as a player though.

Do you think Brimson's injury history is a factor at all in this equation? I know it's shit to be making decisions on possible injuries, but it's in the back of my mind.

Fair call.  Could be one extreme or the other soon, could be starting 5/8 or completely out of the 17 altogether with Boyd sniffing around.  Big gamble but his price is not going to get out of hand any time soon so would personally prefer to see what happens over the next couple of weeks.

I can see the attraction if someone is looking to generate cash for another Gun trade in.  But all things being equal he is nothing more than a bench utility as it stands.
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Tue Mar 15, 2022 11:02 am

Welshy wrote:
    standard-issue wrote:

I very rarely do unless I'm stuck between 2 picks and can't decide.  The next month is good and Cleary back to boot, probably.  I am actually starting to Tango...

second row mentality in the CTR like Aitken used to be, think I also talked myself into it

Yeah, a couple of hours ago I was looking everywhere else but in his direction, now I'm nervously thinking about asking him to dance!

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 11:04 am