NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2022 Part 12 - The first rule of trade club is, we only trade CTRs

Ponga Yeo the Mann
    Ponga Yeo the Mann

NRL Fantasy 2022 Part 12 - The first rule of trade club is, we only trade CTRs - Page 39 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2022 Part 12 - The first rule of trade club is, we only trade CTRs

Post by Ponga Yeo the Mann Thu Mar 17, 2022 9:12 am

ShadowSabre wrote:

While it's frustrating that we likely wont get to insert him into the 17, it would still be great for cash building, so here's hoping it happens regardless!

I meant more for bringing him into my team to ditch Russell but would be some good fortune for those who started with him
    Chapper
    Chapper

NRL Fantasy 2022 Part 12 - The first rule of trade club is, we only trade CTRs - Page 39 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2022 Part 12 - The first rule of trade club is, we only trade CTRs

Post by Chapper Thu Mar 17, 2022 9:13 am

I can see Albert Kelly getting replaced at 6 sooner rather than later, one way or another.
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Thu Mar 17, 2022 9:15 am

Chapper wrote:I can see Albert Kelly getting replaced at 6 sooner rather than later, one way or another.

Possibly/probably. None of the options at 6 are exactly world beaters atm. Ezra Mam will eventually get the 6 but he probably needs to harden up defense in Q Cup first.

If we start losing a bunch of games, then the questions probably come on the 9 and the 1. If Reynolds is doing his job then the 6 doesnt have too much responsibility.
    mattnz
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Thu Mar 17, 2022 9:18 am

Walters starting at 6 and moving to 9 in the 2nd half would be the ideal role for him.
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Thu Mar 17, 2022 9:22 am

mattnz wrote:Walters starting at 6 and moving to 9 in the 2nd half would be the ideal role for him.

lol!

and moving to 9 in the 2nd half would be the ideal role for him

for your fantasy team.
    Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Thu Mar 17, 2022 9:24 am

mattnz wrote:Walters starting at 6 and moving to 9 in the 2nd half would be the ideal role for him.
    For fantasy purposes only. He’s shit
    mattnz
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Thu Mar 17, 2022 9:27 am

my tv broke wrote:

lol!

and moving to 9 in the 2nd half would be the ideal role for him

for your fantasy team.
    Thats the important role Smile
    rhinoceroo
    rhinoceroo
    Fanatic

Post by rhinoceroo Thu Mar 17, 2022 9:36 am

Most of us on here are more interested in the success/failure of Matt's fantasy team than the Brisbane Broncos so who's being more relevant here?
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Thu Mar 17, 2022 10:17 am

Mentioned in Cleary poll thread, but might throw it here.

With SJ out injured, I am considering grabbing Tualagi (or even Tago?), instead of a higher priced replacement (eg Sexton), to build bank for Cleary in a few weeks.

Would leave me relying on Ilias or Coates this week (since Schneider is also out this week), but luckily they play first. (could switch Hynes from wfb to hlf depending on Ilias/Coates score).

Thoughts?

It is probably at the cost of around 10 to 15 pts per week if Tualagi is a low 40's scorer (i feel like his match fitness improves) and Sexton is a low 50's, possibly. Sexton does look a guy who could bust out an 80pt game though.

I did like the look of Sexton in the first half last week. Looks a gun footy player.
    UKJC
    UKJC

Post by UKJC Thu Mar 17, 2022 10:26 am

Revraiser wrote:Ok here it is, I hadn't said this out loud yet, maybe Welchy or Mulvy noticed as I was h2h them both in round 1. But I had Sexton paired with DCE last week, then just b4 Tigers game kicked off I switched Sexton to Hastings. After Sexton being one of my first 3 picked all preseason. Anyway, had my eye on Hastings all game and aside from yeah it being the Storm, Hastings looked very slow (not sure if releaxed), he went for gaps every now and then and was shutdown but I don't know if the speed is there to catch any team out. At the moment I'm trading str8 out, this could be reactionary but it allows me to fix up Russell's omission and a keeper centre.

Do u need his 440k to do trades elsewhere ?

Don’t really need the cash to make trades this week so think I might give him one more week then punt him if he doesn’t look any better.

Only trade I’m making this week is Billy Smith to Harry Grant. After Cheese’s injury last week I downgraded DFifi to Fermor to free up the cash for it this week seeing as I didn’t have any hooker cover in original team. Pretty happy with how team is looking now other than Hastings/Ilias but willing to give them both this week and then see where to go.
    sajjos
    sajjos

Post by sajjos Thu Mar 17, 2022 10:32 am

my tv broke wrote:Mentioned in Cleary poll thread, but might throw it here.

With SJ out injured, I am considering grabbing Tualagi (or even Tago?), instead of a higher priced replacement (eg Sexton), to build bank for Cleary in a few weeks.

Would leave me relying on Ilias or Coates this week (since Schneider is also out this week), but luckily they play first. (could switch Hynes from wfb to hlf depending on Ilias/Coates score).

Thoughts?

It is probably at the cost of around 10 to 15 pts per week if Tualagi is a low 40's scorer (i feel like his match fitness improves) and Sexton is a low 50's, possibly. Sexton does look a guy who could bust out an 80pt game though.

I did like the look of Sexton in the first half last week. Looks a gun footy player.

Can you not sell Sexton for Cleary when you are ready for that trade?
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Thu Mar 17, 2022 10:35 am

sajjos wrote:

Can you not sell Sexton for Cleary when you are ready for that trade?

For sure. I mean, could be anyone depending on how things look in a few weeks time.

Guess the tuilagi/tago strat is more about building cash in the short term for the longer term gain. (All things being equal)
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Thu Mar 17, 2022 10:39 am

my tv broke wrote:Mentioned in Cleary poll thread, but might throw it here.

Thoughts?

I think it's a solid plan mate if you can swing it.
    sajjos
    sajjos

Post by sajjos Thu Mar 17, 2022 10:39 am

my tv broke wrote:

For sure. I mean, could be anyone depending on how things look in a few weeks time.

Guess the tuilagi/tago strat is more about building cash in the short term for the longer term gain. (All things being equal)

If your expectation from Sexton comes true he will make similar amount of cash to Tago/Tuilagi and giving you more points for overall.
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Thu Mar 17, 2022 10:42 am

sajjos wrote:

If your expectation from Sexton comes true he will make similar amount of cash to Tago/Tuilagi and giving you more points for overall.

Yeah reasonable point, obviously if he smashes out some big scores and i didnt grab him, then i'm sad.

Leaving (bulk) cash in the bank is not a way i'd normally play the game.
    Aardvark
    Aardvark

Post by Aardvark Thu Mar 17, 2022 10:55 am

my tv broke wrote:My word there have been some bonkers trade ideas posted this week. What a fun time

Love this cheer ....I think if you posted a 'Are you referring to my proposal to trade one peanut butter jar lid for a one legged dog' type reply then you know, deep down inside that your trade is a bad idea Twisted Evil

As for me....Amone was never in my side, it was always Tago and if anyone says anything different then I'll get @Revraiser to say something pithy in their general direction
    StormTrooper96
    StormTrooper96

Post by StormTrooper96 Thu Mar 17, 2022 10:56 am

my tv broke wrote:

Yeah reasonable point, obviously if he smashes out some big scores and i didnt grab him, then i'm sad.

On the Sexton point... If the Titans start clicking and he starts busting out 55-60 points games, do you really want to sell him? Could be a 45 floor 70+ ceiling type of player, and perfect partner to Cleary. There will always be injuries, suspensions, etc. that will force our hands with trades, while it is good to have a plan to get Cleary, there could be a clearer path down the line.
    robelgordo
    robelgordo
    Fanatic

Post by robelgordo Thu Mar 17, 2022 10:59 am

my tv broke wrote:

I think plans for Cleary that involve leaving cash in the bank for multiple weeks are not ideal.

The opportunity cost is obvious (points foregone), but I feel like they'll inevitably be 1-2 players that end up busts (injury/form etc.) and just make it easier for everyone else to bridge to Cleary anyway.

I am aware this sounds very much like leaving it up to fate though and could also backfire spectacularly. Like I'll have to sell Haas or something.
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Fanatic

Post by Liverpool_Bulldog Thu Mar 17, 2022 11:00 am

Welch > Sexton
    Amone > Tago

Means I can move Burton to HLF this week to cover Schneider. Tago then covers Burton.

Should be two solid scorers who have at the very least 100k in price rises from here?
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Thu Mar 17, 2022 11:03 am

robelgordo wrote:

I think plans for Cleary that involve leaving cash in the bank for multiple weeks are not ideal.

The opportunity cost is obvious (points foregone), but I feel like they'll inevitably be 1-2 players that end up busts (injury/form etc.) and just make it easier for everyone else to bridge to Cleary anyway.

I am aware this sounds very much like leaving it up to fate though and could also backfire spectacularly. Like I'll have to sell Haas or something.

Ultimately I agree, which is why I made the post. Not the way I'd normally play the game so I thought i'd put it up for ideas.

Can't plan too much in the future in fantasy. Bye round planning almost always falls apart.

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 4:23 pm