NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2022 Part 1 - fire up the spreadsheets

Lemmy KGB
    Lemmy KGB

NRL Fantasy 2022 Part 1 - fire up the spreadsheets - Page 40 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2022 Part 1 - fire up the spreadsheets

Post by Lemmy KGB Mon Feb 07, 2022 9:14 pm

Coates vs Pereria is a tricky one. With potentially all the cheapy CTRs (and Critta) coming up I think I can only pick one. I like Pereria's numbers/play better, but Coates will be so heavily owned. Could run both I guess and not run Penisini etc.
    rhinoceroo
    rhinoceroo
    Fanatic

NRL Fantasy 2022 Part 1 - fire up the spreadsheets - Page 40 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2022 Part 1 - fire up the spreadsheets

Post by rhinoceroo Mon Feb 07, 2022 9:37 pm

RandomSil wrote:Has there been much RFM chatter? Loved the guy when he came in and wanted him last year. Had a horrid injury but if he is sweet Rd 1 and named starter surely a decent middie cow

The main chat is that he won't be a starter Rd 1.
    Lchy
    Lchy

Post by Lchy Mon Feb 07, 2022 9:45 pm

Lemmy KGB wrote:Coates vs Pereria is a tricky one. With potentially all the cheapy CTRs (and Critta) coming up I think I can only pick one. I like Pereria's numbers/play better, but Coates will be so heavily owned. Could run both I guess and not run Penisini etc.  

Yeah I reckon I’d rather go Coates and go down with the ship with half the comp, than pick a different WFB and pray. Wingers are too volatile for stats
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Mon Feb 07, 2022 10:06 pm

Lchy wrote:

Yeah I reckon I’d rather go Coates and go down with the ship with half the comp, than pick a different WFB and pray. Wingers are too volatile for stats

It really hurts at the start of the season when you land on the wrong cheap/base price outside backs. It feels too sideways to bring them in because "surely they stop scoring tries", but their run continues and everyone who started with them reap the rewards.

Everyone else cashes out a 200k profit, meanwhile you are stuck with a nuff who finally goes on his "run" from round 10, right after you finally punted the prick
    RandomSil
    RandomSil

Post by RandomSil Mon Feb 07, 2022 10:23 pm

rhinoceroo wrote:
    RandomSil wrote:Has there been much RFM chatter? Loved the guy when he came in and wanted him last year. Had a horrid injury but if he is sweet Rd 1 and named starter surely a decent middie cow

The main chat is that he won't be a starter Rd 1.

Well this makes me sad then.
    The Dolphin Conspiracies
    The Dolphin Conspiracies

Post by The Dolphin Conspiracies Mon Feb 07, 2022 10:56 pm

my tv broke wrote:

It really hurts at the start of the season when you land on the wrong cheap/base price outside backs. It feels too sideways to bring them in because "surely they stop scoring tries", but their run continues and everyone who started with them reap the rewards.

Everyone else cashes out a 200k profit, meanwhile you are stuck with a nuff who finally goes on his "run" from round 10, right after you finally punted the prick

Or, you cash out a 200k profit, meanwhile, everyone else is stuck with a nuffie who finally goes on his "run" from round 10, right after they finally punted the prick and you pick him up, singing and dancing all week because of your smarts

People think this popular ownership thing only works one way.

A popular pick does not necessarily mean a good pick
    FalconSloth
    FalconSloth

Post by FalconSloth Mon Feb 07, 2022 11:19 pm

Just a reminder to all that I will be running NRLFF Survivor this year and to check out the survivor thread if you haven't already.
    The Bludger#2
    The Bludger#2

Post by The Bludger#2 Mon Feb 07, 2022 11:35 pm

Here's the Bad Boys for Life Team: 
    Hooker - Starling
    Middles - J. Hetho, Radley, JDB (C) 
    Edge - TPJ (VC), Fuimaono 
    Halves - Ash Taylor, D. Walker
    Centre - Naden, Bird
    Wing/Fullback - S. Fifita, A. Hopoate, Okunbur

Reserves
    J. Nikorima
    B. Smith
    Suluka-Fifita
    Tui Simpkins
    Lodge (suspended)
    Munster (suspended)
    Cheese (suspended)
    Latrell (suspended) 

I know there's a couple of players in there who haven't been arrested, but salary cap forced me to pick clean skins. (Fingers crossed some more 'bad boys' will put their hands up this year).
    Papadontbleach
    Papadontbleach

Post by Papadontbleach Mon Feb 07, 2022 11:39 pm

The Bludger#2 wrote:Here's the Bad Boys for Life Team: 
    Hooker - Starling
    Centre - Naden, Bird

Reserves
    J. Nikorima
    B. Smith
    Suluka-Fifita
    Tui Simpkins
    Lodge (suspended)
    Munster (suspended)
    Cheese (suspended)
    Latrell (suspended) 

I know there's a couple of players in there who haven't been arrested, but salary cap forced me to pick clean skins. (Fingers crossed some more 'bad boys' will put their hands up this year).

Curtis Scott is cheap, suspended and has been arrested several times.  Not sure the NRL will license him so he can play this year and I don't think any charges have stuck yet... but he is a fine specimen for the team.

I assume we can't count Fergo?
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Mon Feb 07, 2022 11:42 pm

Papadontbleach wrote:

Curtis Scott is cheap, suspended and has been arrested several times.  Not sure the NRL will license him so he can play this year and I don't think any charges have stuck yet... but he is a fine specimen for the team.

Not sure how many fantasy points he can score from a Japanese prison cell.
    Chucky
    Chucky

Post by Chucky Tue Feb 08, 2022 12:10 am

Papadontbleach wrote:

I don’t think Fergo can count either.
    He’s got the easiest defence imaginable.
    How could he possibly snort anything with that nose?
    Cookie Monster
    Cookie Monster

Post by Cookie Monster Tue Feb 08, 2022 12:12 am

Hey @Regulator  (or indeed any Rogue whose floating around the place)

Does that public open league with the title "NRL Fantasy Rouges" and about 75 people in it, belong to you Rogues?

If so, has the guy who set it up been given the boot for not knowing how to spell "Rogues"?

That sort of thing would never happen here at NRL Fantasy Fantiacs  Wink
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Tue Feb 08, 2022 12:43 am

Cookie Monster wrote:

That sort of thing would never happen here at NRL Fantasy Fantiacs  Wink

shh, in case someone notices the last thread was the 2020 off-season

(or if anyone points out our average overall ranking last year)
    Rooster Booster
    Rooster Booster

Post by Rooster Booster Tue Feb 08, 2022 3:09 am

If you were considering Josh Curran, would you prefer he plays 80 on a Edge and possibly getting more attacking stats, or would you prefer him playing Lock/Middle and in effect having a higher workrate but with a chance of maybe only playing 60/65, I just think if he starts at lock he might not get the full 80 ?
    The Dolphin Conspiracies
    The Dolphin Conspiracies

Post by The Dolphin Conspiracies Tue Feb 08, 2022 3:20 am

The Bludger#2 wrote:Here's the Bad Boys for Life Team: 
    Hooker - Starling
    Centre - Naden, Bird

Reserves
    J. Nikorima
    B. Smith
    Suluka-Fifita
    Tui Simpkins
    Lodge (suspended)
    Munster (suspended)
    Cheese (suspended)
    Latrell (suspended) 

Surely Payne Haas gets in there over Radley. Adam Elliot could also be considered unlucky to miss out on selection too.

What did JoJo Fifita and Hopoate do. Wingers are too pure!
    The Dolphin Conspiracies
    The Dolphin Conspiracies

Post by The Dolphin Conspiracies Tue Feb 08, 2022 4:28 am

From the Herald Sun (apparently) - Any thoughts?

NRL 2022: Allan Langer backs Billy Walters for Brisbane Broncos No.6 jersey

Broncos halfback legend Allan Langer has thrown his support behind Billy Walters as the son of a gun outlined his plan to win the No.6 jumper his father, Brisbane coach Kevin, once wore with distinction.

The Langer-Walters alliance remains the greatest scrumbase pairing in the Broncos’ history, with the dynamic duo engineering four of Brisbane’s six premierships - including back-to-back titles in 1992-93.

If anyone is qualified to appraise Brisbane’s playmaking stocks, it is Langer. ‘Alfie’ is Brisbane’s finest halfback, amassing 258 first-grade games calling the shots alongside Walters, who was the perfect five-eighth foil for Langer during a 241-match career that netted five Broncos premierships.

Now there is another Walters on the playing roster at Red Hill and Langer believes Billy’s apprenticeship at the Melbourne Storm makes him a genuine contender to partner big-name halfback recruit Adam Reynolds for Brisbane’s premiership opener.

“I like the look of Billy,” said Langer, a long-serving assistant coach at the Broncos.

“He has done a fair apprenticeship.

“He has been to different clubs, especially the Melbourne Storm who have a great system.

“Billy has also played for the Queensland Residents rep side and been around the Queensland Cup for a few years, so he has runs on the board.

“The No.6 jumper is wide open. Tyson (Gamble) and Albert Kelly are also talented guys but Billy is back at home where he belongs at the Broncos with his old man and he is a genuine consideration for the six spot.”

The five-eighth position is the most hotly-contested spot ahead of Brisbane’s round-one clash against Souths at Suncorp Stadium on Friday, March 11.

Aside from Gamble and Kelly, former Cowboys grand-final pivot Te Maire Martin is vying for the No.6 jumper, while 18-year-old young gun Ezra Mam is rated a future NRL superstar in the halves.

Coach Walters is keeping everyone guessing in the lead-up to Brisbane’s first trial against Wynnum on Saturday week.

Gamble and Martin alternated at five-eighth with the top squad at Broncos training on Wednesday alongside halfback Reynolds, while Kelly and Walters ran with the Renegades.

Walters’ signing sparked cries of nepotism given his blood ties to Brisbane’s head coach, but the 27-year-old is backing himself to win the No.6 jumper on his terms, insisting he is not merely a utility option off the bench.

“That’s why I am here (to play in the No.6 jumper),” he said.

“There’s a lot of spots up for grabs and that six jumper is the one I’m trying to get.

“It’s anyone’s game, a lot will come down to the trials and who performs best in the trials so it will be an interesting battle.

“I know Tyson and Alby did well last year and Ezra has a 20-minute highlight video from his four games of (Queensland) Cup last year, but if I can play the best out of those three, I’m a chance at five-eighth.”

Walters has played just two NRL games in 18 months after undergoing a knee reconstruction at the Wests Tigers but he is moving freely again, having buried the mental demons of the worst injury of his career.

Walters says he has come to terms with the pressures of living up to a footballing surname made famous by his father Kevin and uncles Kerrod and Steve. He has banned himself from calling out “Dad” at training.

“There’s always a bit of that pressure,” he said of the Walters surname.

“Kevvie was a good player and they are big shoes to fill, but I’ve just tried to make my own path and that’s why I left Brisbane earlier in my career. I wanted to get away to the Storm and make my own path, but it’s good to come back and play for the Broncos.

“When I got here, I thought it probably wasn’t smart to be calling him Dad at training ... it took me a week to call him Kevvie at training and Dad away from football.

“Watching Kevvie grow up, he won a lot of games and won a lot of competitions.

“I just know how close he is with his Broncos mates, he is still best friends with Alfie (Langer) and the guys he won premierships with, so to try and build that bond and those memories is something I would love to achieve.”
    Rooster Booster
    Rooster Booster

Post by Rooster Booster Tue Feb 08, 2022 4:53 am

The Dolphin Conspiracies wrote:From the Herald Sun (apparently) - Any thoughts?

NRL 2022: Allan Langer backs Billy Walters for Brisbane Broncos No.6 jersey

Broncos halfback legend Allan Langer has thrown his support behind Billy Walters as the son of a gun outlined his plan to win the No.6 jumper his father, Brisbane coach Kevin, once wore with distinction.

The Langer-Walters alliance remains the greatest scrumbase pairing in the Broncos’ history, with the dynamic duo engineering four of Brisbane’s six premierships - including back-to-back titles in 1992-93.

If anyone is qualified to appraise Brisbane’s playmaking stocks, it is Langer. ‘Alfie’ is Brisbane’s finest halfback, amassing 258 first-grade games calling the shots alongside Walters, who was the perfect five-eighth foil for Langer during a 241-match career that netted five Broncos premierships.

Now there is another Walters on the playing roster at Red Hill and Langer believes Billy’s apprenticeship at the Melbourne Storm makes him a genuine contender to partner big-name halfback recruit Adam Reynolds for Brisbane’s premiership opener.

“I like the look of Billy,” said Langer, a long-serving assistant coach at the Broncos.

“He has done a fair apprenticeship.

“He has been to different clubs, especially the Melbourne Storm who have a great system.

“Billy has also played for the Queensland Residents rep side and been around the Queensland Cup for a few years, so he has runs on the board.

“The No.6 jumper is wide open. Tyson (Gamble) and Albert Kelly are also talented guys but Billy is back at home where he belongs at the Broncos with his old man and he is a genuine consideration for the six spot.”

The five-eighth position is the most hotly-contested spot ahead of Brisbane’s round-one clash against Souths at Suncorp Stadium on Friday, March 11.

Aside from Gamble and Kelly, former Cowboys grand-final pivot Te Maire Martin is vying for the No.6 jumper, while 18-year-old young gun Ezra Mam is rated a future NRL superstar in the halves.

Coach Walters is keeping everyone guessing in the lead-up to Brisbane’s first trial against Wynnum on Saturday week.

Gamble and Martin alternated at five-eighth with the top squad at Broncos training on Wednesday alongside halfback Reynolds, while Kelly and Walters ran with the Renegades.

Walters’ signing sparked cries of nepotism given his blood ties to Brisbane’s head coach, but the 27-year-old is backing himself to win the No.6 jumper on his terms, insisting he is not merely a utility option off the bench.

“That’s why I am here (to play in the No.6 jumper),” he said.

“There’s a lot of spots up for grabs and that six jumper is the one I’m trying to get.

“It’s anyone’s game, a lot will come down to the trials and who performs best in the trials so it will be an interesting battle.

“I know Tyson and Alby did well last year and Ezra has a 20-minute highlight video from his four games of (Queensland) Cup last year, but if I can play the best out of those three, I’m a chance at five-eighth.”

Walters has played just two NRL games in 18 months after undergoing a knee reconstruction at the Wests Tigers but he is moving freely again, having buried the mental demons of the worst injury of his career.

Walters says he has come to terms with the pressures of living up to a footballing surname made famous by his father Kevin and uncles Kerrod and Steve. He has banned himself from calling out “Dad” at training.

“There’s always a bit of that pressure,” he said of the Walters surname.

“Kevvie was a good player and they are big shoes to fill, but I’ve just tried to make my own path and that’s why I left Brisbane earlier in my career. I wanted to get away to the Storm and make my own path, but it’s good to come back and play for the Broncos.

“When I got here, I thought it probably wasn’t smart to be calling him Dad at training ... it took me a week to call him Kevvie at training and Dad away from football.

“Watching Kevvie grow up, he won a lot of games and won a lot of competitions.

“I just know how close he is with his Broncos mates, he is still best friends with Alfie (Langer) and the guys he won premierships with, so to try and build that bond and those memories is something I would love to achieve.”

Good to see ya back with the Late Night Crew SI Cheers Welcome
    mattnz
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Tue Feb 08, 2022 7:02 am

Rooster Booster wrote:If you were considering Josh Curran, would you prefer he plays 80 on a Edge and possibly getting more attacking stats, or would you prefer him playing Lock/Middle and in effect having a higher workrate but with a chance of maybe only playing 60/65, I just think if he starts at lock he might not get the full 80 ?

I was looking at that last night.

His stats on the edge are great. Averages 40 tackles and 94 running meters as base. Doesn't need to be in the middle to rack up the tackle count. Compare him to Crichton at 33 tackles last year and iPap at 32.

When playing in the middle his base is similar over 67 minutes, but he tends to have less attacking stats.

I would consider owning him on the edge where he averaged 9 points higher than at lock last year.

He seemed to suffer a bit his last few games, at the end of a high work rate 1st full season. Can see him having a great run to start the year with the Warriors having the easiest run for the first 5 games. Could easily be a cut priced iPap or Crichton, hitting some 80s and 90s if he gets over the try line.
    mattnz
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Tue Feb 08, 2022 7:29 am

Latrell's brother has been called into the indigenous side. At one stage he was 167 kg, now under 120 kg. He has been training with Souths.

rhinoceroo
    rhinoceroo
    Fanatic

Post by rhinoceroo Tue Feb 08, 2022 8:47 am

mattnz wrote:Latrell's brother has been called into the indigenous side. At one stage he was 167 kg, now under 120 kg. He has been training with Souths.

Fella looks like Latrell has eaten George Rose and Dave Taylor.

Current date/time is Wed May 15, 2024 1:30 am