NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2022 Part 1 - fire up the spreadsheets

The Dolphin Conspiracies
    The Dolphin Conspiracies

NRL Fantasy 2022 Part 1 - fire up the spreadsheets - Page 39 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2022 Part 1 - fire up the spreadsheets

Post by The Dolphin Conspiracies Mon Feb 07, 2022 12:35 am

rhinoceroo wrote:

Dunster's price is a bit discounted because of two tiny minute interchange game. Averages about 5 points over his price in full games, whether he gets further improvement I don't know but he's not a Charlie Staines.

How can you not be training the house down when you are awarded 3 Dally M points for your performance at training?

https://thecumberlandthrow.com/2022/02/05/eels-pre-season-training-february-4-2022-a-hazey-morning-with-the-chance-of-ice/

Don't pick a winger at WFB unless they are like Brian To'o
    mattnz
    mattnz
    Fanatic

NRL Fantasy 2022 Part 1 - fire up the spreadsheets - Page 39 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2022 Part 1 - fire up the spreadsheets

Post by mattnz Mon Feb 07, 2022 12:45 am

Milchcow wrote:

The question would be if they start with Fifita and Fermor, but have Proctor on the bench

Proctor only to be used for HIA/injury? Sub one of them into middle rotation? Give Fifita a spell at times to keep him fresh?  For fantasy the best situation would be Proctor out of the 17, but not sure that would happen

They will have an edge on the bench, whether proctor or not. McIntyre is a potentially more versatile option.
    easytiger
    easytiger

NRL FF Survivor Champion : 2022

Post by easytiger Mon Feb 07, 2022 1:23 am

wolfking wrote:

Fifita locked in for 80 minutes each game this year?

Rabbits21 wrote:
    He was carrying a rib injury late last year so they managed him.

Apparently this pre season he’s fully fit and ready to go no niggles.

Not exactly factually correct. They may have managed his rib injury BUT....

Fifita sustained the rib injury in Round 21 against the Cowboys.

Fifita only played between 49-58 minutes across his four games between Rounds 16-20.
    Rounds 19-21 Fifita was starting from the Interchange - that bench strategy was in place 3 weeks prior to the rib injury.

You can say that the quality/fantasy output of his performance dropped after sustaining a rib injury, but you can't correctly assert that the injury was THE reason for reduced minutes.

The reduced minutes were because he wasn't able to sustain his impact across 80 minutes.
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Mon Feb 07, 2022 1:28 am

mattnz wrote:

They will have an edge on the bench, whether proctor or not. McIntyre is a potentially more versatile option.

From a fantasy point of view, I'd be more comfortable selecting Fermor with McIntyre on the bench than Proctor. But not sure they'd leave Proctor out altogether.

Just have to wait for trials and team lists to try and get an idea of what will happen. Will still be some guesswork though whatever happens, as TLT not going to tell you interchange plans.
    White Lightning
    White Lightning
    Fanatic

Post by White Lightning Mon Feb 07, 2022 1:33 am

I was listening to a sc youtube stream & the guy mentioned there were reports that Paul Alamoti (Bulldogs 220k ctr) is very close to a start in round 1. He also mentioned that J. Pereira is training on the rw & Cobbo lw so Pereira will be outside A-Rey & Staggs. He also mentioned that Carrigan was training in the front row & K. Hetherington was lock.
    mattnz
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Mon Feb 07, 2022 2:11 am

White Lightning wrote:I was listening to a sc youtube stream & the guy mentioned there were reports that Paul Alamoti (Bulldogs 220k ctr) is very close to a start in round 1. He also mentioned that J. Pereira is training on the rw & Cobbo lw so Pereira will be outside A-Rey & Staggs. He also mentioned that Carrigan was training in the front row & K. Hetherington was lock.

You'd have to pick Hetherington if he starts round 1 at lock.
    filthridden
    filthridden

Post by filthridden Mon Feb 07, 2022 2:15 am

So many good names for team names these days.

Liddle Mann Garner Walker Crossland to Drinkwater
    Parker Ford at the Lodge

I'm sure someone could come up with betters ones.

robelgordo
    robelgordo
    Fanatic

Post by robelgordo Mon Feb 07, 2022 2:44 am

Pereira is interesting - always scored well in fantasy with a high base for an average winger in a crap team. This is even when he was outside Aitken and starved of ball.

I feel he’d be a slow and steady on the price rises, whereas Dunster, Coates etc. will be more try reliant. So make some serious cash if they get some early tries, but if they don’t get across for a few weeks you’re either holding with no cash gen or selling (and regretting it later).

Really depends on what kind of coach you are I guess
    White Lightning
    White Lightning
    Fanatic

Post by White Lightning Mon Feb 07, 2022 2:55 am

mattnz wrote:

the only doubt is when flegler returns from suspension round 3...probably carrigan to lock & hetherington bench
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Mon Feb 07, 2022 3:04 am

mattnz wrote:

Its a tarp
    The Bludger#2
    The Bludger#2

Post by The Bludger#2 Mon Feb 07, 2022 3:20 am

filthridden wrote:So many good names for team names these days.

Liddle Mann Garner Walker Crossland to Drinkwater
    Parker Ford at the Lodge

I'm sure someone could come up with betters ones.

I'm thinking of setting up another team, just for shizzles; named: Bad Boys for Life, or The Fun Lovin Criminals.
    Only caveat for selection is you have to have been arrested, gone to court, been stood down via the no-fault policy, or if no player in a particular position can be found, been suspended for a minimum of 6 weeks total.

1. Latrell
    2. Walsh
    3. Naden
    4. ?? was hoping for J. Roberts but he's gooone
    5. Rava
    6. Munster
    7. D. Walker
    8. Lodge
    9. Cheese (or Starling)
    10. Vaughn
    11. TPJ
    12. H. Young
    13. JDB (c)

Bench:

Can anyone think of players who can "earn" a place on the BBfL team?
    Camo123
    Camo123
    Fanatic

Post by Camo123 Mon Feb 07, 2022 3:33 am

The Bludger#2 wrote:

I'm thinking of setting up another team, just for shizzles; named: Bad Boys for Life, or The Fun Lovin Criminals.
    Only caveat for selection is you have to have been arrested, gone to court, been stood down via the no-fault policy, or if no player in a particular position can be found, been suspended for a minimum of 6 weeks total.

1. Latrell
    2. Walsh
    3. Naden
    5. Rava
    6. Munster
    7. D. Walker
    8. Lodge
    9. Cheese (or Starling)
    10. Vaughn
    11. TPJ
    12. H. Young
    13. JDB (c)

Bench:

How are you struggling to build a team

It’d be harder to find players that haven’t been in trouble
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Mon Feb 07, 2022 5:44 am

mattnz wrote:

Why? Wasn't he starting last year after Carrigan was out for ordinary scores? Is his minutes going to increase this year to make him more worthwhile?
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Mon Feb 07, 2022 5:47 am

easytiger wrote:

Not exactly factually correct. They may have managed his rib injury BUT....

Fifita sustained the rib injury in Round 21 against the Cowboys.

Fifita only played between 49-58 minutes across his four games between Rounds 16-20.
    Rounds 19-21 Fifita was starting from the Interchange - that bench strategy was in place 3 weeks prior to the rib injury.

You can say that the quality/fantasy output of his performance dropped after sustaining a rib injury, but you can't correctly assert that the injury was THE reason for reduced minutes.

The reduced minutes were because he wasn't able to sustain his impact across 80 minutes.  

I thought this as much. Coach's strategy to start him from the bench. There is nothing saying it doesn't happen again.

Can see Proctor starting, playing 20 minutes then Fifita coming on. Proctor would only come back for injuries or HIAs. Pure speculation of course though.
    Lchy
    Lchy

Post by Lchy Mon Feb 07, 2022 6:22 am

The Bludger#2 wrote:

1. Latrell
    2. Walsh
    3. Naden
    5. Rava
    6. Munster
    7. D. Walker
    8. Lodge
    9. Cheese (or Starling)
    10. Vaughn
    11. TPJ
    12. H. Young
    13. JDB (c)

Bench:

NAS and Fifita for their respective Bali antics, AFB for being a wife beater depending how far back you wanna go, CHN and Horse for their DUI, Kamikamika, Nicho for the crime of being too sexy Love , Radley or JWH have to get a go for his suspension history too, or Suluka Fifita who's probably served more suspension time than game time. Campbell Graham maybe a subgun POD in this regard given it's only a matter of time before they start finding his bodies.
    mrbrownstone
    mrbrownstone

Post by mrbrownstone Mon Feb 07, 2022 6:27 am

wolfking wrote:

Why?  Wasn't he starting last year after Carrigan was out for ordinary scores?  Is his minutes going to increase this year to make him more worthwhile?

Have had him as a placeholder without doing all that much research, but on closer inspection yeah. Priced at 30, averaged 33 at lock last year. Only scores above 45 were with tries. Probably needs to be getting 50+ mins (where he averaged 38 last year) to be worth looking at.
    The Bludger#2
    The Bludger#2

Post by The Bludger#2 Mon Feb 07, 2022 7:24 am

Lchy wrote:

NAS and Fifita for their respective Bali antics, AFB for being a wife beater depending how far back you wanna go, CHN and Horse for their DUI, Kamikamika, Nicho for the crime of being too sexy  Love , Radley or JWH have to get a go for his suspension history too, or Suluka Fifita who's probably served more suspension time than game time. Campbell Graham maybe a subgun POD in this regard given it's only a matter of time before they start finding his bodies.

Now this is the kind of player analysis I need. lol!
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Mon Feb 07, 2022 7:33 am

If haas carrigan and hetherington are the starting middles then likely hetherington is first sub. Maybe. Dunno. He probably doesnt see a huge increase in mins anyway.

As a bronx fan id be happy with this tho. Def want hetho at lock
    RandomSil
    RandomSil

Post by RandomSil Mon Feb 07, 2022 8:00 am

Has there been much RFM chatter? Loved the guy when he came in and wanted him last year. Had a horrid injury but if he is sweet Rd 1 and named starter surely a decent middie cow
    Lemmy KGB
    Lemmy KGB

Post by Lemmy KGB Mon Feb 07, 2022 8:11 am

Milchcow wrote:
    One of my concerns with Hynes. He got a lot of run metres last year, even in his limited appearances as a half.

Even if he picks up a bulk of kicking, will he be able to sustain his other stats. I don't think Cronulla will rack up attacking stats as easily as Melbourne did either

Will he average 1 try assist per game at the Sharks? more than 1 line break assist a game? Almost a line break every game

That's a lot of kicking he needs to do to make up for losses in other categories

I think so (to a degree anyway). From memory, I don't believe the Sharks have too many issues scoring tries. He will go from well down the pecking order to the main point of focus too.

Current date/time is Mon Apr 29, 2024 12:59 am