NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2022 Part 1 - fire up the spreadsheets

White Lightning
    White Lightning
    Fanatic

NRL Fantasy 2022 Part 1 - fire up the spreadsheets - Page 30 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2022 Part 1 - fire up the spreadsheets

Post by White Lightning Fri Feb 04, 2022 12:52 am

D. Cook comments recently...I'm looking forward to the extra responsibility with A-Rey gone & expressing my game more in 2022.
    Is this just lip service stating the obvious or will he walk the talk.
    thelastdodo
    thelastdodo

NRL Fantasy 2022 Part 1 - fire up the spreadsheets - Page 30 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2022 Part 1 - fire up the spreadsheets

Post by thelastdodo Fri Feb 04, 2022 12:54 am

Talfal wrote:Hey guys, my mate (Blackwinx) has started a league and it’s struggling for numbers so I thought I’d post the code on here if anyones interested in joining, 45Y6Y72W (top tier troopers I think it’s called) 🤙🏽👌🏽

Done so you know who will be last, best of luck
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Fri Feb 04, 2022 12:54 am

White Lightning wrote:D. Cook comments recently...I'm looking forward to the extra responsibility with A-Rey gone & expressing my game more in 2022.
    Is this just lip service stating the obvious or will he walk the talk.

big "classic pre season chat" energy this.
    White Lightning
    White Lightning
    Fanatic

Post by White Lightning Fri Feb 04, 2022 1:02 am

Lemmy KGB wrote:I don't think Starling/Randall as the only hookers in your team is a good play TBH

I have Cotter, K. Hetherington & Randall but this feels light as Cotter & K. Hetherington could potentially bomb.
    Cotter - Lolo back will he play prop or lock & Payten likes chopping & changing his team weekly
    K. Hetherington - if he doesn't start at lock as Carrigan could be there then he's a pass. Pundits reckon Carrigan should play prop but Walters is too dumb to realise this & Carrigan will probably start lock.

I might have to sacrifice Haas to get Cook.
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Fri Feb 04, 2022 1:07 am

White Lightning wrote:Pundits reckon Carrigan should play prop but Walters is too dumb to realise this & Carrigan will probably start lock.

Ikin discussed the side/Carrigan recently and it does sound like Carrigan will be in the 13 to start the year. They are working on his 'versatility'..

Kennedy has been training a fair bit in the 'firsts', might end up as the starting prop.
    Cookie Monster
    Cookie Monster

Post by Cookie Monster Fri Feb 04, 2022 1:12 am

Tookey wrote:Anyway to find out 2021 rankings?

If you were in the FOG last year you can find your ranking here:

https://www.nrlfantasyfanatics.com/t1537p320-fantasy-fantasy-21#562222

If you weren't in one of our leagues last year, I'm afraid I can't help you; but you can get in on the action this season over here:

https://www.nrlfantasyfanatics.com/t1795-nrlff-2022-nrl-fantasy-leagues-registration-thread#565950
    White Lightning
    White Lightning
    Fanatic

Post by White Lightning Fri Feb 04, 2022 1:19 am

my tv broke wrote:

Ikin discussed the side/Carrigan recently and it does sound like Carrigan will be in the 13 to start the year. They are working on his 'versatility'..

Kennedy has been training a fair bit in the 'firsts', might end up as the starting prop.

They should be working more on Carrigan's fitness/stamina & his reaction under pressure more than his versatility because his main problem is he got fatigued easily then made basics errors & gave away silly penalties. This is why he's better at prop as he'll only play 50-55 mins there so he won't get fatigued.
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Fri Feb 04, 2022 1:31 am

White Lightning wrote:

They should be working more on Carrigan's fitness/stamina & his reaction under pressure more than his versatility because his main problem is he got fatigued easily then made basics errors & gave away silly penalties. This is why he's better at prop as he'll only play 50-55 mins there so he won't get fatigued.

i would hope he isn't playing more than those sort of mins regardless of number on jersey.

Their main rotation problem is Turpin (likely?) isn't an 80 min guy, so they probably use two changes on hooker
    Aardvark
    Aardvark

Post by Aardvark Fri Feb 04, 2022 1:41 am

Building Industry Update : Tyrone Peachy has been 'training the house down' according to Lucy Leilua. Jackson Hastings has also been 'working his ass off' & is hoping to see some form of dwelling collapse in the very near future.
    FalconSloth
    FalconSloth

Post by FalconSloth Fri Feb 04, 2022 1:45 am

Aardvark wrote:Building Industry Update : Tyrone Peachy has been 'training the house down' according to Lucy Leilua. Jackson Hastings has also been 'working his ass off' & is hoping to see some form of dwelling collapse in the very near future.
    In other news Jaydn Campbell is cutting off his rats tail
    Cookie Monster
    Cookie Monster

Post by Cookie Monster Fri Feb 04, 2022 1:51 am

Aardvark wrote:Building Industry Update : Tyrone Peachy has been 'training the house down' according to Lucy Leilua. Jackson Hastings has also been 'working his ass off' & is hoping to see some form of dwelling collapse in the very near future.

Has anyone been adding a few levels to a house? What's Latrell been up to lately?
    TheRookie101

Post by TheRookie101 Fri Feb 04, 2022 1:53 am

I know this may sound silly but Andrew Fifita.. 20k of bottom price and Fitzy is a smart man - I honestly believe Fifita will be in the 17 and take on a 35-40 minute impact prop role. Apparently his body is a lot better then what it was last year and Fitzy is looking for an impact prop of the bench. If he can get 35-40 mins of the bench with a few tackle busts I’m sure he can make enough cash to make it worth while.

Opinions?
    mattnz
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Fri Feb 04, 2022 2:04 am

TheRookie101 wrote:I know this may sound silly but Andrew Fifita.. 20k of bottom price and Fitzy is a smart man - I honestly believe Fifita will be in the 17 and take on a 35-40 minute impact prop role. Apparently his body is a lot better then what it was last year and Fitzy is looking for an impact prop of the bench. If he can get 35-40 mins of the bench with a few tackle busts I’m sure he can make enough cash to make it worth while.

Opinions?
    If he makes the 17, I would consider him. Doesn't need big minutes to make money.

Hard to find minutes in the middle in that pack though based on most recent season minutes:
    McInnes 80
    Finucane 60 as starter
    Rudolf 56
    Leaves only 54 minutes for a bench of Tolman (51 off interchange), BHU (30), Fifita, Tieg (40) / Talakai (36), with Williams (41) missing out for Fifita to be there.

It really puts me off McInnes, they dont need him out there for 80, when they also have an 80 minute hooker and two 80 minute edges.

Last edited by mattnz on Fri Feb 04, 2022 2:15 am; edited 2 times in total
    The Dolphin Conspiracies
    The Dolphin Conspiracies

Post by The Dolphin Conspiracies Fri Feb 04, 2022 2:07 am

Chewie wrote:My teamname used to be similar to my forum name, but "the Freak from Kashyyyyk" has a nice ring to it.

One, two
    Ah, freak out!
    Le Freak c'est Kashyyyyk
    Freak out!

Have you heard about the Fantasy sage?
    Take to from me, I'm sure you'll be amazed
    Wack advice to give to everyone
    Just listen to him, may find your gun

He's getting on, 190 years, I'm told
    Just close your eyes, forget that he's unclothed
    He's called 'Le Freak', he's chewing it night and day
    Allow him, to guide your fan-ta-say

Ah, freak out!
    Le Freak c'est Kashyyyyk
    Freak out!

All those plodders got you down
    Has your team been driven into the ground?
    Feel his wisdom, so sub-lime
    Page 51, he'll show you a real good time

If you obey, the scheme that he employs
    You'll know the "freak, " oh, what a joy
    Just captain him, I do implore
    There are heaps of ways that he can score

Ah, freak out!
    Le Freak c'est Kashyyyyk
    Freak out!

Last edited by The Dolphin Conspiracies on Mon Feb 07, 2022 10:00 am; edited 5 times in total
    The Bludger#2
    The Bludger#2

Post by The Bludger#2 Fri Feb 04, 2022 2:08 am

Milchcow wrote:
    Random question for people whose fantasy team name is their forum user name. Which came first?

Are you naming your fantasy team after yourself, or basing your username on your team name?

Before joining (or even knowing about FF) my team was the Bludgers...because that's what they usually turn out to be, a pack of lazy, no hope, bludgers, who turn up looking for a pay-packet and don't want to put in the hard yards. cheer cheer
    The Dolphin Conspiracies
    The Dolphin Conspiracies

Post by The Dolphin Conspiracies Fri Feb 04, 2022 2:15 am

Cookie Monster wrote:

Has anyone been adding a few levels to a house? What's Latrell been up to lately?

https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/latrell-s-big-brother-sheds-25kg-to-earn-second-chance-at-souths-20220203-p59tlb.html
    multiple.scoregasms
    multiple.scoregasms
    Fanatic

Post by multiple.scoregasms Fri Feb 04, 2022 2:17 am

mattnz wrote:

You must have very high expectations for Tigers next season. I am impressed with their recent recruiting

Koroisau is a good signing but Tamou is past his best

You need to sign those type of players when they are on the fringes of their prime so they have been around long enough to know how to grind through a season but also still good enough to back up the talk with action on the field. From those currently off contract at end of the season I like Taupau and Tariq Sims as these kind of signings. Dolphins did well getting 3 of these girls early with the Bromwich brothers and Kaufusi
    The Dolphin Conspiracies
    The Dolphin Conspiracies

Post by The Dolphin Conspiracies Fri Feb 04, 2022 2:24 am

The Dolphin Conspiracies wrote:

Manly apparently

https://www.zerotackle.com/potential-club-revealed-for-james-segeyaro-113378/

If true it may throw Dylan Walker's role out of whack for those who are relying on his DPP and end-of-season scoring from last year

If Segeyaro does officially sign with Manly, do you think he will start over Croker? He would have to be back to almost base price?
    multiple.scoregasms
    multiple.scoregasms
    Fanatic

Post by multiple.scoregasms Fri Feb 04, 2022 2:25 am

rhinoceroo wrote:

What are the Titans expectations? 6th-8th? It's possible but yes it's a lot of faith to put in an untried spine. Their pack (Mo, Tino, Difita, Fermor, Liu, with depth from Wallace, Joliffe, McIntyre, Proctor etc) is definitely top 8, so at least they'll have a platform.

Reckon the Knights are going to struggle. First coach gone between O'Brien, Payton and Maguire.

I think Titans expectations would be comfortable top 8 on the back of big signings last season.

For mine there is a very clear bottom 3 with Knights, Dragons and Cowboys fighting it out
    mattnz
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Fri Feb 04, 2022 2:58 am

If Howarth is named in the Storm 17 for round 1, I expect him to get some decent game time and opportunities this season. Should be a good $220k pick for emergencies.

Both K Brom and Kaufusi are leaving next year, so they will want to make sure he is ready to start on an edge next season.

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 8:48 pm