NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2022 Part 1 - fire up the spreadsheets

Rooster Booster
    Rooster Booster

NRL Fantasy 2022 Part 1 - fire up the spreadsheets - Page 16 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2022 Part 1 - fire up the spreadsheets

Post by Rooster Booster Tue Feb 01, 2022 2:50 am

Lchy wrote:

lol!

Tigers are actually making good moves though. There's definite potential for a finals team built around Stef, Doueihi, Laurie, Blore, etc. Hastings and Peachey are smart signings and they've got some big guns coming in for 2023 so Sheens is clearly doing something right since coming into the role. I really hope they make finals just so Madge gets some reward because he got such a shit go with the team he got handed

What Big Guns have The Tigers coming in for 2023 ?
    The Dolphin Conspiracies
    The Dolphin Conspiracies

NRL Fantasy 2022 Part 1 - fire up the spreadsheets - Page 16 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2022 Part 1 - fire up the spreadsheets

Post by The Dolphin Conspiracies Tue Feb 01, 2022 3:06 am

Mulvy wrote:

There's a lot to like there I think. He's priced like Sexton around 48 and I think in the right circumstances he could average low to mid 50's, like Sexton, bringing him into keeper territory. I'm looking forward to trials to see how it unfolds. With Sexton there's some reasonable job security and certainty of halves partner and GK, but uncertainty with his limited sample size. With Hynes there is a larger sample size, but in a different position, question marks over halves partner, GK status, new team etc. You could probably extrapolate some halves base stats averages to help, but I haven't delved too far yet. Trials normally help here as opposed to forward's minutes where it's murkier.

Hynes is currently in my team as a WFB. I think he has a lot of upsides and is not too affected by the TB and KM changes. He is certainly undervalued just on the basis of all the games he played low minutes. For all his games 60 minutes and above he averaged 60 last year. I am looking forward to seeing what he can do running the show
    Mulvy
    Mulvy

Post by Mulvy Tue Feb 01, 2022 3:13 am

The Dolphin Conspiracies wrote:

Hynes is currently in my team as a WFB. I think he has a lot of upsides and is not too affected by the TB and KM changes. He is certainly undervalued just on the basis of all the games he played low minutes. For all his games 60 minutes and above he averaged 60 last year. I am looking forward to seeing what he can do running the show

I'm looking forward to it too mate. And he's possibly a good pick. But Pappy also gunned it, in the same position, for the same team and is also undervalued because of injury/bench games. More question marks with Hynes. Why wouldn't you just pick Pappy instead?
    mattnz
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Tue Feb 01, 2022 3:35 am

precursor wrote:I'm surprised there isn't much chat about Hynes. If he's playing 7 alongside Moylan he should be in for some good KM, nerf notwithstanding. Townsend and SJ dominated the KM playing with Moylan. I suppose one issue is players like Trindall and Tracey vying for the 6 jersey.

If Moylan starts in 6, I can't see it being for long, either through form or injury. Trindall will end up playing 7, with Hynes at 6, if they don't start round 1 that way.
    The Dolphin Conspiracies
    The Dolphin Conspiracies

Post by The Dolphin Conspiracies Tue Feb 01, 2022 3:42 am

Mulvy wrote:

I'm looking forward to it too mate. And he's possibly a good pick. But Pappy also gunned it, in the same position, for the same team and is also undervalued because of injury/bench games. More question marks with Hynes. Why wouldn't you just pick Pappy instead?

I have Papy and Hynes. I do not have Cleary and I am sticking to my guns.

PS Hynes is in my HLFs alongside Burton. I forgot that I moved him. I am starting to feel really happy with my side. It is well balanced and has four or five solid captain options
    NQcrushers
    NQcrushers

Post by NQcrushers Tue Feb 01, 2022 4:59 am

I have Papy and Hynes. I do not have Cleary and I am sticking to my guns.

PS Hynes is in my HLFs alongside Burton. I forgot that I moved him. I am starting to feel really happy with my side. It is well balanced and has four or five solid captain options

If people are interested in Hynes (@ FB), why no love for Ponga? Similar price, proven scorer with an offseason to heal some injuries. With Pearce gone, likely to pick up some of the ball-playing role.
    Moanaman
    Moanaman

Post by Moanaman Tue Feb 01, 2022 7:38 am

precursor wrote:I'm surprised there isn't much chat about Hynes.

3rd best WFB in the comp this year behind papy and turbo
    Snatchpato
    Snatchpato

Post by Snatchpato Tue Feb 01, 2022 7:44 am

So far only 4 origin players in my team (Welch, Cleary, Papy, Coates) which is nice. Welch I'm also not sold on and could change for, say, James and I could upgrade elsewhere. Too early to start bye planning? (Genuine question)
    Moanaman
    Moanaman

Post by Moanaman Tue Feb 01, 2022 8:06 am

Why would you have the best ctr and a top wfb in your halves?

A wise cow once said of what i thought was a 'well balanced' team I posted....."Well balanced is midfield. Guns and Cows"

White Lightning
    White Lightning
    Fanatic

Post by White Lightning Tue Feb 01, 2022 8:34 am

does the guns & cows traditional approach apply in covid times or is the well balanced squad where you have a stronger set of emergencies prevail.

talking of guns i believe w. kennedy will become one in 2022. he's just a talented player who makes things happen & hynes will take the pressure off him giving him more space.
    Snatchpato
    Snatchpato

Post by Snatchpato Tue Feb 01, 2022 8:47 am

Anyone heard anything about Kei from the Tigers? 220k and the talking league boys think he might start at ctr with gildart (speculation though) and toa not in the side?
    Moanaman
    Moanaman

Post by Moanaman Tue Feb 01, 2022 8:56 am

White Lightning wrote:does the guns & cows traditional approach apply in covid times or is the well balanced squad where you have a stronger set of emergencies prevail.

It worked in 2020 and 2021
    robelgordo
    robelgordo
    Fanatic

Post by robelgordo Tue Feb 01, 2022 9:24 am

Moanaman wrote:

It worked in 2020 and 2021

Did it though in 2021? Think for the time invested this forum got pretty poor returns (including me, especially me).

The autofill team was pure MID, and if some of the most obvious traps in it (e.g. Kikau, Luai, Staines, I'm sure there were a couple of non-Panthers too...) has been replaced by slightly smarter mid-priced options before R1 it easily beats most of the field here.
    Lchy
    Lchy

Post by Lchy Tue Feb 01, 2022 9:26 am

Rooster Booster wrote:

What Big Guns have The Tigers coming in for 2023 ?

Ipap and Koroisau
    Lchy
    Lchy

Post by Lchy Tue Feb 01, 2022 9:29 am

NQcrushers wrote:

If people are interested in Hynes (@ FB), why no love for Ponga? Similar price, proven scorer with an offseason to heal some injuries. With Pearce gone, likely to pick up some of the ball-playing role.

TB debuff and the knights looking up shit creek has turned me off him tbh
    Snatchpato
    Snatchpato

Post by Snatchpato Tue Feb 01, 2022 9:34 am

robelgordo wrote:

Did it though in 2021? Think for the time invested this forum got pretty poor returns (including me, especially me).

The autofill team was pure MID, and if some of the most obvious traps in it (e.g. Kikau, Luai, Staines, I'm sure there were a couple of non-Panthers too...) has been replaced by slightly smarter mid-priced options before R1 it easily beats most of the field here.
    Gagai was my favourite selection in that team. Boy that worked out haha
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Tue Feb 01, 2022 9:52 am

He played most his games last year were at fullback. As a half there are only 3 games to judge him on.

Will the added kick metres make up for the loss of run metres, kicks defused and tackle busts from last years stats?

multiple.scoregasms
    multiple.scoregasms

Post by multiple.scoregasms Tue Feb 01, 2022 9:58 am

multiple.scoregasms wrote:

Before kick metres got nerfed he was a lock for my team

mattnz wrote:

His price was reduced accordingly. Unless you expect a significant increase in kick meters from last season, it shouldn't make a difference

It's more that prior to kick metres being reduced he was an under priced keeper. Paying 48 for a guy who should average 55 and be good enough for your 14-17 to end the year is a quality move. Nerf his kick metres to take 7 points a game off him he doesn't hit the same heights and becomes more of a middie that will need to be moved on eventually
    multiple.scoregasms
    multiple.scoregasms

Post by multiple.scoregasms Tue Feb 01, 2022 10:00 am

Mulvy wrote:

Think I'm with MS on this one. Yes his price has been reduced accordingly and yes he is undervalued, but if a gun is undervalued by a few points that's a good pick. But the nerf means he might not even break 50 which begs the question, is he still a gun? Big difference between someone priced at 51 who you expect to hit 55 vs someone priced at 44 who you expect to score 48. If they're not a gun and not making much money it's a poor pick. There's probably some merit in picking him depending on how undervalued you think he is, but not an insta pick.

Should have read this before posting
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Tue Feb 01, 2022 10:01 am

Snatchpato wrote:Anyone heard anything about Kei from the Tigers? 220k and the talking league boys think he might start at ctr with gildart (speculation though) and toa not in the side?

When podcasts/FB pages talk about player X maybe starting in some position - do they actually have any information, or are they just guessing, or reading stuff off a team forum.

TK from talking league does seem to have a few contacts around the clubs, so he may have actual knowledge but every chance there's not much behind it.

Asu Kepaoa was allegedly going to be the other centre, but he tore is pec a week or 2 ago and is out for ages. So whilst there may be leading a contender, most likely scenario is that nobody has locked down the role yet.
    Doueihi and Talau also injured

Other options are Kei, James Roberts, Junior Tupou
    Maybe play Maumolo or To'a out of position, or one of the forwards like Peachey.

No point speculating much now, as if its not obvious by trials it will be by TLT.
    Whoever it is will likely just be short/medium term until the first stringers come back from injury.

Current date/time is Wed May 15, 2024 8:18 am