NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 92 - Fanatics Anonymous Off Season

The Dolphin Conspiracies
    The Dolphin Conspiracies

NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 92 - Fanatics Anonymous Off Season - Page 19 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 92 - Fanatics Anonymous Off Season

Post by The Dolphin Conspiracies Thu Jan 06, 2022 11:26 pm

Milchcow wrote:

I haven't really looked into it, but is Coates going to get that much of a boost by moving to a good team? His scores aren't great

Tyrell Sloan will also be in everyone's team if he gets the start

Certainly SCrichton and Suaalli will be popular given they are cheap with DPP

As above, I reckon Mbye will start at FB over Sloan and is good value if this is the case. The other player missing from the cheap WFB list is Bailey Simonnsson, especially as he is likely to take Sivo's wing. He is tall and the eels score a lot of points out wide. He is capable of busting out some big scores and is cheap at 356k. Also, there is some competition there, but does Jorge Taufua coming back from injury bump out either Parker or Harper from CTR. Garrick could easily be shifted there to make way? Taufua was resigned in the off season.
    Honey Badger
    Honey Badger

NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 92 - Fanatics Anonymous Off Season - Page 19 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 92 - Fanatics Anonymous Off Season

Post by Honey Badger Fri Jan 07, 2022 5:31 am

The Dolphin Conspiracies wrote:

As above, I reckon Mbye will start at FB over Sloan and is good value if this is the case. The other player missing from the cheap WFB list is Bailey Simonnsson, especially as he is likely to take Sivo's wing. He is tall and the eels score a lot of points out wide. He is capable of busting out some big scores and is cheap at 356k. Also, there is some competition there, but does Jorge Taufua coming back from injury bump out either Parker or Harper from CTR. Garrick could easily be shifted there to make way? Taufua was resigned in the off season.

I dont see Manly changing their team too much. Davey or Bullemor may jag a bench spot. Taufua prob more of depth signing since Suli left
    Honey Badger
    Honey Badger

Post by Honey Badger Fri Jan 07, 2022 5:38 am

mattnz wrote:

I wouldn't have thought of either Tago or Savage as must have even if starting.

Hard to look past Cleary, likely get behind on captaincy points without him.

Starling & Grant will be great value if getting the starting hooker roles. James, Suaalii, Burton and Papy all look too good value to pass up as well.

Does the new scoring changes bring Cleary back to the pack? I wonder if Grant or Haas are serious captaincy options this year, assuming the cheese plays lock
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Fri Jan 07, 2022 7:14 am

The Dolphin Conspiracies wrote:

Taufua came back from injury last year, played a fair bit of centre in NSW Cup.

I'd say his prime days are behind him, and wouldn't expect to see much of him in first grade.
    Unless they are terrible in pre-season I wouldn't expect Parker or Harper to get dropped, and Suli looks to be next in line.
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Fri Jan 07, 2022 7:16 am

Honey Badger wrote:

Does the new scoring changes bring Cleary back to the pack? I wonder if Grant or Haas are serious captaincy options this year, assuming the cheese plays lock

Cleary and Trbo look to be miles ahead of the pack if they can go close to last years scoring, even with the new stats.

The initial view seems to be Cleary more likely to sustain his scoring than Trbo so I think he'll be a popular captaincy option.
    Camo123
    Camo123
    Fanatic

Post by Camo123 Fri Jan 07, 2022 7:33 am

Milchcow wrote:

Taufua came back from injury last year, played a fair bit of centre in NSW Cup.

I'd say his prime days are behind him, and wouldn't expect to see much of him in first grade.
    Unless they are terrible in pre-season I wouldn't expect Parker or Harper to get dropped, and Suli looks to be next in line.

Suli has gone to Dragons to star in the sequel of Moneyball
    mattnz
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Fri Jan 07, 2022 8:13 am

Honey Badger wrote:

I dont see Manly changing their team too much. Davey or Bullemor may jag a bench spot. Taufua prob more of depth signing since Suli left

Agree. Not many minutes remaining for bench forwards, with Jurbo playing 80, Tapau 50-55, Aloiai 45 and Walker was playing amazingly well in 45-50 minutes off the bench at the end of the season. Hard to see him not retaining that role where he was so effective (they won all 4 games where he played that role to finish the season). Only leaves about 15 minutes for the rest of the forwards.
    easytiger
    easytiger

NRL FF Survivor Champion : 2022

Post by easytiger Fri Jan 07, 2022 10:34 am

Milchcow wrote:

Cleary and Trbo look to be miles ahead of the pack if they can go close to last years scoring, even with the new stats.

The initial view seems to be Cleary more likely to sustain his scoring than Trbo so I think he'll be a popular captaincy option.

I have Cleary at present, but I think there may end up being an argument to spread his cost in order to have a more robust squad.

Ignoring Turbo, and on the basis that Clearly is worth 20 points more than the next best Captaincy option, it's still likely just 20 points per week;

- he becomes slightly less valuable if not available for round one (without round 2 being guaranteed either)

- I read that an unnamed coach claimed "We have been talking among a few of the coaches and medical staffs and we reckon we will have to be without three to six players most weekends if the current trend continues" - which seems plausible with there being as many as 100 players currently with covid and Vlandys starting games world not be rescheduled.

If that happens then you'd expect to be struggling to put together a solid 17 most weeks, so a more rounded quality in your 21 may be more advantageous than the 20 captaincy points you lose not having Cleary.

Not to mention Cleary will almost certainly catch covid from his TikTok friends at some point Laughing

Cleary is likely still the play, but I'm keeping an open mind at this point
    easytiger
    easytiger

Post by easytiger Fri Jan 07, 2022 10:42 am

Extended squads?....
    Mr Vlandys :
    mattnz
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Fri Jan 07, 2022 10:46 am

easytiger wrote:

I have Cleary at present, but I think there may end up being an argument to spread his cost in order to have a more robust squad.

Ignoring Turbo,  and on the basis that Clearly is worth 20 points more than the next best Captaincy option, it's still likely just 20 points per week;

- he becomes slightly less valuable if not available for round one (without round 2 being guaranteed either)

- I read that an unnamed coach claimed "We have been talking among a few of the coaches and medical staffs and we reckon we will have to be without three to six players most weekends if the current trend continues" - which seems plausible with there being as many as 100 players currently with covid and Vlandys starting games world not be rescheduled.

If that happens then you'd expect to be struggling to put together a solid 17 most weeks, so a more rounded quality in your 21 may be more advantageous than the 20 captaincy points you lose not having Cleary.

Not to mention Cleary will almost certainly catch covid from his TikTok friends at some point Laughing

Cleary is likely still the play, but I'm keeping an open mind at this point
    The problem is that typically if one squad member gets covid, half of the squad are likely to get it at the same time. At Broncos that is what happened. 16 tested positive. Probably the rest do the next week.

Actually makes me more likely to pick Broncos players. Less likely to get it again.
    Cookie Monster
    Cookie Monster

Post by Cookie Monster Fri Jan 07, 2022 11:18 am

mattnz wrote:

Actually makes me more likely to pick Broncos players. Less likely to get it again.

Depressingly, there are plenty of unused letters in the Greek alphabet. This is normally the point where I would throw in a wink emoji, but like I said, it's depressing
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Fri Jan 07, 2022 11:49 am

Cookie Monster wrote:

Depressingly, there are plenty of unused letters in the Greek alphabet. This is normally the point where I would throw in a wink emoji, but like I said, it's depressing

But once we get past Omega, that means no new variants are possible. That is how it works, right?
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Fri Jan 07, 2022 11:50 am

easytiger wrote:Extended squads?....

Harvey Norman might not have any free RATs, but maybe they'll chip in with some free trades again.
    Cookie Monster
    Cookie Monster

Post by Cookie Monster Fri Jan 07, 2022 12:10 pm

Milchcow wrote:

But once we get past Omega, that means no new variants are possible. That is how it works, right?

Once we get from the Alpha to the Omega I think Jeebus pops in and blows up the universe. At that point we won't need to worry about Covid anymore Wink

Save me Jeebus
    filthridden
    filthridden

Post by filthridden Fri Jan 07, 2022 1:28 pm

Cookie Monster wrote:

Once we get from the Alpha to the Omega I think Jeebus pops in and blows up the universe. At that point we won't need to worry about Covid anymore Wink

Save me Jeebus

Jesus is still alive and walking among us I learnt recently thanks to Novak Djokovic's Dad.
    easytiger
    easytiger

Post by easytiger Fri Jan 07, 2022 1:34 pm

mattnz wrote:
    The problem is that typically if one squad member gets covid, half of the squad are likely to get it at the same time. At Broncos that is what happened. 16 tested positive. Probably the rest do the next week.

That's 16 of 38 due to train.
    I'm not going to angle towards Broncos players, even Covid is more predictable than Kevvy Walters.

Phil Gould was quoted saying the Bulldogs were around 10-12 cases and that ""I think we are on about average with the clubs – some have got a few more, some a few less – but everyone is affected at the moment."

Still, PCL has 30k antigen tests, so it'll all be fine......
    FalconSloth
    FalconSloth

Post by FalconSloth Fri Jan 07, 2022 1:49 pm

Titans currently have 23 players isolating and only 14 players training currently
    Pookus McFly
    Pookus McFly

Post by Pookus McFly Fri Jan 07, 2022 4:09 pm

I want to talk about Lindsay Collins- doesn’t he just look like a 60 point prop to you guys? Now I don't want anybody looking up any stats on PPM or trying to work out minutes in the Roosters rotations, or any of that nonsense. First, just take a look at Lindsay- the squareness of the jaw, the shoulders of an ox, thighs like tree trunks; -doesn’t it all just scream 60 point prop? The whole vibe, I mean. This absolute “60 point prop” aura that he’s giving off. You guys don’t see that?

Last night I was scrolling through the players lists and I swear to god, Lindsay winked at me.

60 point prop.
    The Dolphin Conspiracies
    The Dolphin Conspiracies

Post by The Dolphin Conspiracies Fri Jan 07, 2022 5:17 pm

Pookus McFly wrote:I want to talk about Lindsay Collins- doesn’t he just look like a 60 point prop to you guys? Now I don't want anybody looking up any stats on PPM or trying to work out minutes in the Roosters rotations, or any of that nonsense. First, just take a look at Lindsay- the squareness of the jaw, the shoulders of an ox, thighs like tree trunks; -doesn’t it all just scream 60 point prop? The whole vibe, I mean. This absolute “60 point prop” aura that he’s giving off. You guys don’t see that?

Last night I was scrolling through the players lists and I swear to god, Lindsay winked at me.

60 point prop.

I am curious Pookus, when you were gazing upon Mr Collins, what salubrious feature of the fine man put this idea in your pretty little head beyond his fine numbers? I ask because indeed they were more than enough for me!!1
    The Dolphin Conspiracies
    The Dolphin Conspiracies

Post by The Dolphin Conspiracies Fri Jan 07, 2022 5:30 pm

https://www.nrl.com/news/2021/11/04/cotter-eager-to-lock-in-middle-role-in-2022/

What are the odds of Cotter being a 60+ minute starting lock? If any closer to 80, he would be a must-have at 500k. Seems like T,mlolololololo is destined for smaller minutes in the middle?

Current date/time is Thu May 09, 2024 5:16 am