NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 75 - Voting has finished

Jumping Marlin
    Jumping Marlin

NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 75 - Voting has finished - Page 14 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 75 - Voting has finished

Post by Jumping Marlin Wed Jul 14, 2021 10:17 am

Ponga Yeo the Mann wrote:Would love a bit of advice as well. Every trade is key now. This week I’m short a mid if Harris doesn’t play. Can’t wait til Sunday to find out

Thinking Turpin and schuster (when he’s finally back lol) to Murray and someone below 550 to be 18th man (latrell?). Could do haas and rapana instead for better centre cover and haas probably out scores Murray

Team is
    Brailey
    Angus Papalii Harris
    Cleary Johnson
    Bird Ramien
    Walsh turbo teddy

McCullough Moses fog Turpin

Schuster Verrills Hetherington Roberts

7 trades. 3k in the bank

Thanks legends

Hey PYTM,
    You left out your edge players.
    Plus. Schuster is named.
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 75 - Voting has finished - Page 14 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 75 - Voting has finished

Post by Milchcow Wed Jul 14, 2021 10:18 am

wolfking wrote:I think in relation to the Matto vs CHN debate, ownership is something to think about.

Matto 31% owned in the top 5000
    CHN 82% owned in the top 5000

Trading Matto is the safer play.  Argument for a POD play but I'm not sure how many points Matto could outscore CHN by, if any.

I still think you are better off having the player who you think will score more points, regardless of ownership. Especially when considering a sample as broad as the top 5000. Either way there are enough people who own/don't own the player that you'll be overtaken if you make the wrong choice, and won;t necessarily make big leaps if you make the right choice. So just go for the best guy

Matto might be the trade anyway, because he's not the consistently dominant figure in the Eels backrow that he was last year. But I'd make that call independant of ownership figures.
    The Bludger
    The Bludger

Post by The Bludger Wed Jul 14, 2021 10:19 am

With Schuster returning to the starting Edge spot, throws up the question of Brailey > ??
    Lolo for more Middle cover
    Schoo for Edge cover
    Thoughts ET?
    Shady2K
    Shady2K

Post by Shady2K Wed Jul 14, 2021 10:24 am

Fox:

PANTHERS’ DOUBLE BOOST AMID UNCERTAINTY OVER STAR FORWARD

Meanwhile, the Penrith Panthers are set to welcome back Nathan Cleary and Jarome Luai for their pivotal Round 20 game with the Melbourne Storm.

Panthers CEO Brian Fletcher told SEN on Wednesday morning that both players are progressing well in their recoveries from injury and the plan is for both to return in time for the top-of-the-table game.

Penrith though could be without prop James Fisher-Harris for the immediate future.

Fletcher also confirmed the club is working out whether the Panthers prop will travel up with the team to the Sunshine Coast before the Warriors game this weekend.

“We’ve got one player at the moment they’re just sorting through which is James Fisher-Harris,” he said.

“His wife is due to have a baby at the end of this week and just sorting out the logistics of that. At this stage that has not been decided. They’re just trying to work out if he stays can he go straight up or not. We will have a decision on that this morning.”
    rectangle
    rectangle

Post by rectangle Wed Jul 14, 2021 10:42 am

Shady2K wrote:Fox:

Meanwhile, the Penrith Panthers are set to welcome back Nathan Cleary and Jarome Luai for their pivotal Round 20 game with the Melbourne Storm.

Panthers CEO Brian Fletcher told SEN on Wednesday morning that both players are progressing well in their recoveries from injury and the plan is for both to return in time for the top-of-the-table game.

Penrith though could be without prop James Fisher-Harris for the immediate future.

Fletcher also confirmed the club is working out whether the Panthers prop will travel up with the team to the Sunshine Coast before the Warriors game this weekend.

“We’ve got one player at the moment they’re just sorting through which is James Fisher-Harris,” he said.

“His wife is due to have a baby at the end of this week and just sorting out the logistics of that. At this stage that has not been decided. They’re just trying to work out if he stays can he go straight up or not. We will have a decision on that this morning.”

Does anyone in Sydney/Brisbane listen to SEN? I've tried Vossy at breakfast and arvo show and just can't get into it
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Fanatic

Post by Liverpool_Bulldog Wed Jul 14, 2021 11:01 am

easytiger wrote:

Sure thing,
    It's the point of the season where I think you want to look at the areas where you can maximise improvement i.e. who in your 17 is most holding back your overall scoring.
    You are solid through to 19 - which is good for injuries, but I'd probably be looking for areas to boost.

I think Tupouniua and Schuster both fill a similar role for you - Edge backup, but maybe a little short of being keepers - I'd keep one, flick the other.
    Probably Tupouniua -> iPap - you can play iPap on the bench for now and gives you a bit of extra MID cover as well.

I don't think you want to trade out Olam at his price, but it would be great to shift him into the 18-21.
    I'd be a little tempted by Campbell Graham - he can go big and the Rabbitohs have 5 or 6 games they should win well on the run home - it'd probably be for one of the WFB's but you may need one for Teddy this week, and I'd hate to suggest you trade Pappy only for him to play next week.

Hope that helps
    Cheers mate you’re a legend. Will have a sit down with a trusty spreadsheet and see what I can put together 👍👍
    Mr Snrub
    Mr Snrub

Post by Mr Snrub Wed Jul 14, 2021 11:04 am

Excellent I have hope for Round 20. Going to keep the big cash amount in the bank so I can do the straight swap.
    robelgordo
    robelgordo
    Fanatic

Post by robelgordo Wed Jul 14, 2021 11:05 am

Big loss if JFH doesn't go. Possibly the best prop in the game.

Based on what we heard about Lomax/Alvaro if he doesn't miss the birth he has to do two weeks quarantine before playing.
    Welsh Mafia
    Welsh Mafia

Post by Welsh Mafia Wed Jul 14, 2021 11:07 am

Shark fans: any reason why Nikora was dropped to the bench last week? Do we see it happening again this week?

Don’t ask why I own him 😂
    robelgordo
    robelgordo
    Fanatic

Post by robelgordo Wed Jul 14, 2021 11:12 am

bigbruno wrote:Shark fans: any reason why Nikora was dropped to the bench last week? Do we see it happening again this week?

Don’t ask why I own him 😂

If I can't ask I'll have to guess...

You were frozen in time in March 2019 and upon thawing out, made your planned trades from then before checking the calendar.
    Chucky
    Chucky

Post by Chucky Wed Jul 14, 2021 11:27 am

Mr Snrub wrote:

Excellent I have hope for Round 20. Going to keep the big cash amount in the bank so I can do the straight swap.  
    Coming back from his injury, against the Storm, with a 99 BE, I’ll be waiting at least a week to see how he’s impacted, and also for the big price drop. Maybe even 2 weeks.
    StormTrooper96
    StormTrooper96

Post by StormTrooper96 Wed Jul 14, 2021 11:32 am

Chucky wrote:
    Coming back from his injury, against the Storm, with a 99 BE, I’ll be waiting at least a week to see how he’s impacted, and also for the big price drop. Maybe even 2 weeks.
    Cleary Says Hi - 96.9 2021 AVG:
    Snatchpato
    Snatchpato

Post by Snatchpato Wed Jul 14, 2021 11:38 am

filthridden wrote:Round 18 line up for filth:

McCullough
    Crichton, Papali'i (c), AFB
    Fifita, Matterson
    Reynolds, Johnson
    Bird, Burton
    Turbo, Tedesco, Walsh

Haas, CHN, Gamble, Cleary

Peachey, Verrills, Savage, Suaalii

Looping Peachey/Verrills
    Such an unlikely event, but maybe whack Haas in for Crichton just in case you have two edges get ruled out late?
    Welsh Mafia
    Welsh Mafia

Post by Welsh Mafia Wed Jul 14, 2021 11:39 am

robelgordo wrote:

If I can't ask I'll have to guess...

You were frozen in time in March 2019 and upon thawing out, made your planned trades from then before checking the calendar.

Haha. Panic trade rd13 when schuu was a late out. Was him or wade. To be fair he’s done me alright but is definitely a trade out now just working out the when part. If he loses his spot it’s this week, otherwise it’s a green dot in a crazy week’
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Wed Jul 14, 2021 11:41 am

Chucky wrote:

99 BE, so Cleary only like to rise by a few thousand after his first game back
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Wed Jul 14, 2021 11:44 am

I'm with Chucky truthfully. I want to see a game. He'll probably ton up but happy to cop that and say I was wrong.
    StormTrooper96
    StormTrooper96

Post by StormTrooper96 Wed Jul 14, 2021 11:48 am

wolfking wrote:I'm with Chucky truthfully.  I want to see a game.  He'll probably ton up but happy to cop that and say I was wrong.

I see it like this (someone who has planned to bring Cleary back)

Cleary comes back, struggles with his injury, puts up 45-55 point games, expensive but I'll take it.

Cleary comes back, kicks on, set and forget.

Cleary comes back, needs surgery, 1 mil to spend on ANYONE.

Would rather catch the 100+, than to be left with the 55 the next week after I trade him in.

Post by Guest Wed Jul 14, 2021 11:52 am

Tauk out with a minor hamstring issue
    Snatchpato
    Snatchpato

Post by Snatchpato Wed Jul 14, 2021 11:53 am

Don't think I can get Cleary back in without trading out Tohu. Still need to bring in Turbo/Haas so will run without in favour of team balance.
    Chucky
    Chucky

Post by Chucky Wed Jul 14, 2021 12:01 pm

StormTrooper96 wrote:
    Cleary Says Hi - 96.9 2021 AVG:
    If it was anyone other than the Storm I would be all over the trade.
    I will still get him at some stage, hopefully, but I want to see him play a game first.

Current date/time is Mon May 06, 2024 9:40 pm