NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 75 - Voting has finished

Loomer
    Loomer

NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 75 - Voting has finished - Page 32 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 75 - Voting has finished

Post by Loomer Thu Jul 15, 2021 10:31 am

Milchcow wrote:

Burton Bird
    Tedesco Trbo Walsh

Crichton Schuster Watson Tohu
    Verrills Peachey Roberts Suaalii

Are you going to put Suaalli at CTR to loop Peachey/Bird? That's what I'm doing
    Dttragic2016
    Dttragic2016

NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 75 - Voting has finished - Page 32 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 75 - Voting has finished

Post by Dttragic2016 Thu Jul 15, 2021 10:36 am

Milchcow wrote:
    Ponga has played once since Rd9, so its not surprising noone really has him yet, even if he is on everyone's radar

I am torn on bringing him in this week.
    It would be for Matterson/Watson and leave me with 3 trades. So normally I would't trade a green dot, but but I'll play short a WFB if I don't bring one in.

And then basically won't be able to trade again except to bring Cleary in

team is

Cook
    Thompson Taumalolo Haas
    Matterson Fifita
    Sj Moses
    Burton Bird
    Tedesco Trbo Walsh

Crichton Schuster Watson Tohu
    Verrills Peachey Roberts Suaalii

I'm set on trading Ponga in (over Turbo and Papz) but considering he'd be playing 4 days after Origin (if he does) and it'd be against the Storm, I'm going to prioritise Haas this week and then Ponga in next week. If you're going to be one short maybe just risk it on bringing Ponga in now?
    Erin Moleman
    Erin Moleman

Post by Erin Moleman Thu Jul 15, 2021 10:37 am

bigbruno wrote:Has anyone thought about daejern ASI as cash down? DPP WFB/Ctr and looks set to either be full back or in the halves at the cows with Holmes going down with an AC joint last night.

May be a bit short sighted if it’s only 2 weeks though?

Although I do note that Schouup is priced the same, DPP and a guaranteed starter for the year. Won’t score as well but is not going to become a red dot

Yeah but I wouldn’t be surprised if Bowen is the one to come in
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Thu Jul 15, 2021 10:41 am

Loomer wrote:

Are you going to put Suaalli at CTR to loop Peachey/Bird? That's what I'm doing

At the moment I am looping Verrills/Peachey. But depending on who backs up, I might have to play both anyway
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Thu Jul 15, 2021 10:44 am

multiple.scoregasms wrote:

If you can do something of value with Peachey I'd want him gone before Matterson. Seems to be back to a 20-30 minute bench role which you won't want anywhere near your team except emergencies. Leaves Roberts as centre coverage and Crichton/Tohu MID

"back to a 30 minute bench role"
    He has done that once in a row. Trading someone out after 1 low score is the same as trading someone in because they just scored a hattrick
    (ie if its Garrick or Johnston you have just made a genius move)

I can't trade Peachey straight to Ponga. Plus if I do get Cleary back, Burton will be one of those to make way - so if I ditch Peachey would then need to play James Roberts or whatever cashout cheapie comes in as part of project "regain Cleary"
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Fanatic

Post by Liverpool_Bulldog Thu Jul 15, 2021 10:47 am

Milchcow wrote:

"back to a 30 minute bench role"
    He has done that once in a row. Trading someone out after 1 low score is the same as trading someone in because they just scored a hattrick
    (ie if its Garrick or Johnston you have just made a genius move)

I can't trade Peachey straight to Ponga. Plus if I do get Cleary back, Burton will be one of those to make way - so if I ditch Peachey would then need to play James Roberts or whatever cashout cheapie comes in as part of project "regain Cleary"
    I’m trading Peachey to Fifita and running Burton and Olam for the run in.
    Even when Cleary comes back Burton still goes to CTR and is a green dot in a good team.

I think losing Peachey to gain Fifita is a safer move than flicking him to another CTR
    Dttragic2016
    Dttragic2016

Post by Dttragic2016 Thu Jul 15, 2021 10:47 am

Rank of 3363, 7 trades left & 718k ITB. Keen to get thoughts on what people would do with this team - want to try be aggressive/poddy.

Koroisau
    Taupau AFB Crichton
    iPap Matto
    Moses SJ
    Graham Burton
    Teddy Walsh Hynes

Hunt Watson Peachey Brailey
    Verrils SWalker Savage SST

Also have no idea who to captain this week. Will probably be DFifita if I trade him in.
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Thu Jul 15, 2021 10:53 am

Liverpool_Bulldog wrote:
    I’m trading Peachey to Fifita and running Burton and Olam for the run in.
    Even when Cleary comes back Burton still goes to CTR and is a green dot in a good team.

I think losing Peachey to gain Fifita is a safer move than flicking him to another CTR

Burton needs tries or bulk kick metres to score well.

I'd genuinely rather have Peachey if Burton is playing centre in real life.
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Fanatic

Post by Liverpool_Bulldog Thu Jul 15, 2021 11:01 am

Milchcow wrote:

Fair enough. 

Do we actually know why Peachey was given 30 minutes less than his average game time?

It couldn’t have been to rest him, they had the bye the week after?

Last edited by Liverpool_Bulldog on Thu Jul 15, 2021 11:05 am; edited 1 time in total
    danseels1985
    danseels1985

Post by danseels1985 Thu Jul 15, 2021 11:02 am

Dttragic2016 wrote:Rank of 3363, 7 trades left & 718k ITB. Keen to get thoughts on what people would do with this team - want to try be aggressive/poddy.

Koroisau
    Taupau AFB Crichton
    iPap Matto
    Moses SJ
    Graham Burton
    Teddy Walsh Hynes

Hunt Watson Peachey Brailey
    Verrils SWalker Savage SST

Also have no idea who to captain this week. Will probably be DFifita if I trade him in.

Walker to Ponga and SST to Fifita eats up all of your bank but that’s what I’d be doing. Damn strong team,makes me sad about my predicament lol
    Chewie
    Chewie
    Fanatic

Post by Chewie Thu Jul 15, 2021 11:10 am

Dttragic2016 wrote:

I'm set on trading Ponga in (over Turbo and Papz) but considering he'd be playing 4 days after Origin (if he does) and it'd be against the Storm, I'm going to prioritise Haas this week and then Ponga in next week. If you're going to be one short maybe just risk it on bringing Ponga in now?

Same here, Haas this week, Ponga next week, Cleary rd 20
    Loomer
    Loomer

Post by Loomer Thu Jul 15, 2021 11:14 am

Thinking just 1 trade this week Lodge>Haas leaving 6 trades and 330k ITB. Do I have correct bench etc?

Macca
    Ipap Haas Crichton
    Fifi(C) CHN
    SJ Arey
    Graham (Suaaloopii)
    Teddy Johnston Walsh

Moses
    Schuster
    Hynes
    (Tohu)

Watson
    Peachey
    Liddle
    Bird
    sgdragons10
    sgdragons10

Post by sgdragons10 Thu Jul 15, 2021 11:16 am

thoughts on laurie and SST to mahoney and asi? 7 trades left will be 5 if i do this
    SoylentGreen
    SoylentGreen

Post by SoylentGreen Thu Jul 15, 2021 11:18 am

Dttragic2016 wrote:

My thinking too. I have Haas already, so I'm bringing Mahoney in this week, then Ponga, then Cleary (though I'm tempted to risk waiting til he's got through 1 game unscathed).

Team after trade this week - 7 trades remaining and 195k ITB

Mahoney
    Crichton, Lolo, Haas
    iPap, Fifita
    Moses, SJ
    Bird, Avo
    Trbo, Tedesco, Hynes

Fog, Schuster, Walsh, Tohu
    Brailey, CHN, Verrills Savage
    SoylentGreen
    SoylentGreen

Post by SoylentGreen Thu Jul 15, 2021 11:19 am

Loomer wrote:Thinking just 1 trade this week Lodge>Haas leaving 6 trades and 330k ITB. Do I have correct bench etc?

Macca
    Ipap Haas Crichton
    Fifi(C) CHN
    SJ Arey
    Graham (Suaaloopii)
    Teddy Johnston Walsh

Moses
    Schuster
    Hynes
    (Tohu)

Watson
    Peachey
    Liddle
    Bird

you need to swap Peachey and Watson
    Dttragic2016
    Dttragic2016

Post by Dttragic2016 Thu Jul 15, 2021 11:20 am

danseels1985 wrote:

Walker to Ponga and SST to Fifita eats up all of your bank but that’s what I’d be doing. Damn strong team,makes me sad about my predicament lol

Awesome, thanks mate. What's your rank atm? My rank's been lurking around 5-8k and only got to 3363 after Round 17 after (trying) to go hard during the byes haha.
    Happy to eat up most of the bank - if I bring in Haas and DFifita, it leaves 200k to bring in Ponga next week.
    Dttragic2016
    Dttragic2016

Post by Dttragic2016 Thu Jul 15, 2021 11:21 am

Chewie wrote:

Same here, Haas this week, Ponga next week, Cleary rd 20

This is what I've planned unless a poddy option pops up haha. Haas and Dfifita this week, Ponga next week. I'll probably wait till Round 21 for Cleary just to see if he is showing any affects of the injury or hoping he has a quiet game against the Storm in his first game back.
    Loomer
    Loomer

Post by Loomer Thu Jul 15, 2021 11:27 am

SoylentGreen wrote:

you need to swap Peachey and Watson

Why? Peachey is in CTR loop with Bird. Watson and Liddle loop with 4th bench if Tohu doesn't play
    Mulvy
    Mulvy

Post by Mulvy Thu Jul 15, 2021 11:33 am

Milchcow wrote:

I think I'm going to keep both. Peachey could come good as you say and his mid dpp could come in handy. Burton should score well the next couple of weeks and I don't have the trades to trade him out and as LB says he'll be a green dot in a good team. I'll play whichever one I think will score more alongside Averillo and the other can stay in the emergencies. I'm trading out Bird instead. I envisage the Dragon's doing a lot a standing under their own goal posts and he will miss at least one game. Bird becomes Fifita.

The hard part for me (and most I suppose) is the Cleary re-purchase with him on track for a rd20 return. If there was no news or bad news for him I was happy to run without for a few weeks, but not six. I can do Hynes to cashout and Fogarty to Cleary in rd 20. The tricky part is I won't have a lot of leeway on price for my cashout and numbers this week for WFB make the timing tricky. I absolutely want Fifita this week. Fogarty's price should go up, but a cashout like Savage or Dunster will go up too, and Hynes is likely to go down. Really need the info on whether Teddy is playing or not.

Team for this week after the Bird to Fifita trade will look something like:

Koro
    Haas Lolo AFB
    Fifita CHN
    DCE SJ
    Burton Averillo
    Teddy Hynes Walsh

Brailey Fogarty Peachey Matterson

Verills Crichton Moses Turbo

I'm happy with that if Teddy plays. Obviously if Crichton or Moses plays they come in. If no Teddy I'll either play one short, or might have to reverse Bird to Fifita and go Bird to cashout WFB and do my upgrades later, but I think I'd rather have Fifita this week and play short rather than get that 20's score from the WFB and possibly playing Verills. If Teddy plays then in the next couple of weeks Hynes to cashout, and then Fogarty to Cleary. Leaves

Koro
    Haas Lolo AFB
    Fifita CHN
    Cleary DCE
    Burton Averillo
    Teddy Turbo Walsh

SJ Brailey Crichton Moses

Matterson Peachey Verills WFB cash out.

I wanted Ponga but I think Cleary will be a bigger upgrade.
    Chucky
    Chucky

Post by Chucky Thu Jul 15, 2021 11:44 am

Liverpool_Bulldog wrote:
    Fair enough. 

Do we actually know why Peachey was given 30 minutes less than his average game time?

It couldn’t have been to rest him, they had the bye the week after?
    My guess, and it’s purely guesswork, they left him on the bench because on field they were killing it and didn’t need to bring anyone off for a rest.
    I don’t see it happening often.

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 6:24 pm