NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 73 - Kid & Play House Party

Bethany_B
    Bethany_B

NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 73 - Kid & Play House Party - Page 8 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 73 - Kid & Play House Party

Post by Bethany_B Tue Jul 06, 2021 11:40 pm

with this Tohu out until round 22 news, I've come up with a new plan. Any criticisms?

I'm still going ahead with my Jayden Brailey to Dylan Walker trade this week (Walker will be my 18th/19th man alongside Verrills for the run home), and then trade Tohu in round 18 instead of Hynes, meaning I can then use Hynes to get Papy back in round 19 or 20

Doing all that would leave me with 3 trades for rounds 20-25 and the following final team.

Hunt
    Haas, Angus, Ipap
    Fifi, CHN
    DCE, SJ
    Bird, Avo
    Teddy, Turbo, Papy

Moses, Walsh, Schuster, Watson

Verrills, D Walker, Schoupp, Suaalii
    Mr Snrub
    Mr Snrub

NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 73 - Kid & Play House Party - Page 8 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 73 - Kid & Play House Party

Post by Mr Snrub Tue Jul 06, 2021 11:45 pm

I've played James Roberts for 2 single digit scores. Captained Tohu last round. Traded Fogarty out in R14 and got suckered into the Tom Starling trap.

Somehow I'm still in the top 1000. Geez am I good or is everyone else bad lol
    Ramitinmyhaaas
    Ramitinmyhaaas

Post by Ramitinmyhaaas Tue Jul 06, 2021 11:46 pm

Bethany_B wrote:with this Tohu out until round 22 news, I've come up with a new plan. Any criticisms?

I'm still going ahead with my Jayden Brailey to Dylan Walker trade this week (Walker will be my 18th/19th man alongside Verrills for the run home), and then trade Tohu in round 18 instead of Hynes, meaning I can then use Hynes to get Papy back in round 19 or 20

Doing all that would leave me with 3 trades for rounds 20-25 and the following final team.

Hunt
    Haas, Angus, Ipap
    Fifi, CHN
    DCE, SJ
    Bird, Avo
    Teddy, Turbo, Papy

Moses, Walsh, Schuster, Watson

Verrills, D Walker, Schoupp, Suaalii

Just curious why Dylan Walker? I know he's starting this week but his role isn't that good long term is it? Seems kinda like a wasted trade imo especially since you are only leaving yourself 3 trades for the 5 rounds in the run home. However if you think his role is decent enough and gives you a decent score this week then I suppose it is alright given he will be 19th man. Other than that I like the Brailey trade out, his scoring isn't promising at all. Also bringing Pap back in for the run home seems like a really good move, given he will be a huge POD. Very solid final team if it ends up like that!

If you could give some feedback on my team I'd really appreciate it bro. Cheers
    Rabbits21
    Rabbits21
    Fanatic

Post by Rabbits21 Tue Jul 06, 2021 11:48 pm

WT Winfield wrote:

I'd rather keep Brailey I mean. Starting HK locked in for 80.. Has had a rough past month, but I'm optimistic he can finish strong with Pearce and Ponga back on deck. Especially with only 6 trades left, I think he's worth holding.

I don't think AFB will have a problem averaging 50. He's averaging over 45 this season including an injury game and the return bench game vs. Storm, where mids can often struggle.

Brailey plays Storm next too btw, but after that he'll be sweet Very Happy
    I think Watson might start coming back on though for those last 10mins meaning Brailey goes back to around the 70mins mark which would be concerning,  especially with Frizell back soon and he plays 80mins.

What about someone like Aiden Tolman? He’s avg 63mins since starting in the middle for the Sharks with an avg of around 52, thoughts on him?

Ok I have one:

TU: AFB plays 50mins avg a game in run home
    TD: AFB plays 55mins avg a game in run home
    Bethany_B
    Bethany_B

Post by Bethany_B Tue Jul 06, 2021 11:49 pm

Ramitinmyhaaas wrote:

Just curious why Dylan Walker? I know he's starting this week but his role isn't that good long term is it? Seems kinda like a wasted trade imo especially since you are only leaving yourself 3 trades for the 5 rounds in the run home. However if you think his role is decent enough and gives you a decent score this week then I suppose it is alright given he will be 19th man. Other than that I like the Brailey trade out, his scoring isn't promising at all. Also bringing Pap back in for the run home seems like a really good move, given he will be a huge POD. Very solid final team if it ends up like that!

If you could give some feedback on my team I'd really appreciate it bro. Cheers

I'm going for Dylan Walker because he has a pretty safe spot in the 17, even off the bench, and as an 18th/19th man who can cover centre in the run home, I can't really ask for much more, since even off the bench, he's good for a 25-35 point score, which is enough for a backup centre.
    Ramitinmyhaaas
    Ramitinmyhaaas

Post by Ramitinmyhaaas Tue Jul 06, 2021 11:53 pm

Rabbits21 wrote:
    I think Watson might start coming back on though for those last 10mins meaning Brailey goes back to around the 70mins mark which would be concerning,  especially with Frizell back soon and he plays 80mins.

What about someone like Aiden Tolman? He’s avg 63mins since starting in the middle for the Sharks with an avg of around 52, thoughts on him?

Ok I have one:

I'm bringing in AFB and Tolman this week lad. Both really good options imo.

The thumbs up/down thing is really hard to tell, you'd assume he gets 55 mins but we just don't know. Without Tohu one would think AFB gets a slight increase in mins/workload but Nathan Brown could have other plans. Either way I think AFB is underpriced and is a good trade in option!
    ytsb
    ytsb

Post by ytsb Wed Jul 07, 2021 12:02 am

Rabbits21 wrote:

I think he either plays 48-49 minutes and Lodge has a third stint, or Lodge only has two stints and AFB plays 56-58 minutes (last 4 minutes at fullback when Walsh is rested)
    Rabbits21
    Rabbits21
    Fanatic

Post by Rabbits21 Wed Jul 07, 2021 12:13 am

Ramitinmyhaaas wrote:Alright heading into finals next week feeling decent about my team. Thinking of using 3 trades this week which include: Curran -> SJ, Simo -> AFB, Tohu -> Tolman.

Would leave me with this team:

Brailey
    Ipap AFB Haas
    Angus Fifi
    DCE Hughes
    Averillo Bird
    Teddy Turbo Walsh
    Macca SJ Tolman Watson
    Verills Chambers Kris Suaalii

Thoughts on the team and whether these trades are a good move?

Anything is appreciated lads!
    Done I just posted in your team tracker.
    Rabbits21
    Rabbits21
    Fanatic

Post by Rabbits21 Wed Jul 07, 2021 12:16 am

ytsb wrote:

I think he either plays 48-49 minutes and Lodge has a third stint, or Lodge only has two stints and AFB plays 56-58 minutes (last 4 minutes at fullback when Walsh is rested)
    Thanks mate that doesn’t help me!
    Shady2K
    Shady2K

Post by Shady2K Wed Jul 07, 2021 12:27 am

Thinking of going left field and holding Tohu this week and trade him to Frizell next week.

Thinking… Knights have their spine back, good draw, could end on a flurry. Frizell 60 average with high ceiling = 6 x 8 games = 480 points minimum

AFB assuming averaging 50 x 9 games = 450 points. 55 x 9 = 495 so minimal if he does better but Frizell has the runs on the board before injury

Main difference here is the price - doesn’t make a difference to me because my plans are still to get Ponga Haas and Murray which I can afford. I’ll be deathriding Cleary when he’s back

Edit: just saw Frizell has an 80 BE…. Hmm
    Rooster Booster
    Rooster Booster

Post by Rooster Booster Wed Jul 07, 2021 12:51 am

ytsb wrote:I am tempted by Matto to Jackson... very spooked by his frequent benching and can't help but think last week was a one off.

Thinking Matto has been saved for more game time against the better teams.

A lot of the games where he was benched was when Parra had a good lead , so with their upcoming draw I would definitely hold.
    Ramitinmyhaaas
    Ramitinmyhaaas

Post by Ramitinmyhaaas Wed Jul 07, 2021 12:57 am

Rabbits21 wrote:Thoughts on my team and options please?

Team full strength prior to trades is:

6 trades 77k spare

Brailey
    Angus Haas Tohu
    CHN Fifita
    DCE Moses
    Manu Bird
    Teddy Walsh Turbo

Macca Hynes SJ Schuster
    Olakau’atu Verrills Peachey Suaali

Options going through my head are to trade out Bird or Peachey to a Hame Sele or D. Walker tofree uo funds to do a Brailey to IPap trade in round 18 then do a Hynes to Ponga trade in round 19. Then hold 3 trades for the run home between rounds 20-25.

Other thoughts are maybe Bird to Ramien but then mightn’t have cash to do Hynes to Ponga and then cant sell Brailey to Ipap.

Now after hearing Tohu potentially out to round 22 I could trade him out to Ipap next week or I could get Josh Jackson this week but will TPJ affect any of his mins when he goes there soon? Trading Tohu out means I’m still stuck with Brailey though but can decide who to play as 17th man out of Olakau’atu and Brailey and maybe do a loop and take the best score.

Sorry I’m rambling but thoughts on the best move/s to make here please?

Personally, I really like the first option you listed there. I think Peachey is done now, especially if the titans keep winning games there will be no reason for Holbrook to change his bench rotation going forward so Peach could be stuck with a 20 min stint, after all he really isn't that great IRL despite him being a good fantasy scorer. By doing this it will allow you a huge upgrade from JBrailey who struggles to get to 50's nowadays to Ipap who is a fantasy monster (as seen last week). The Hynes to Ponga trade is also a great trade as obviously Papi is due back around then and I'm fairly sure the Knights have quite a soft run home. Regarding the second option, the bird to ramien trade seems kinda sideways to me and a waste of a trade even though Bird will miss one of the next few games due to that suspension. With the third option, tohu to Ipap could be a decent trade - being 'stuck' with Brailey isn't the worst thing, he can still score alright and is a great 17th man.

Hope that helps!
    Rooster Booster
    Rooster Booster

Post by Rooster Booster Wed Jul 07, 2021 1:37 am

Camo123 wrote:I think I’m just going to go Brailey & Gamble to Lolo + Savage for 9 players

Leaves 7 trades and a fucking enormous stack of cash that will eventually get Cleary back & Fifita next round

Will you have plenty of numbers for next week ?

Maybe Gamble is a hold, averaging 52 in his last four games and with a BE of 11, still maybe a chunk of cash to be made.
    Rooster Booster
    Rooster Booster

Post by Rooster Booster Wed Jul 07, 2021 4:54 am

Rabbits21 wrote:Thoughts on my team and options please?

Team full strength prior to trades is:

6 trades 77k spare

Brailey
    Angus Haas Tohu
    CHN Fifita
    DCE Moses
    Manu Bird
    Teddy Walsh Turbo

Macca Hynes SJ Schuster
    Olakau’atu Verrills Peachey Suaali

Options going through my head are to trade out Bird or Peachey to a Hame Sele or D. Walker tofree uo funds to do a Brailey to IPap trade in round 18 then do a Hynes to Ponga trade in round 19. Then hold 3 trades for the run home between rounds 20-25.

Other thoughts are maybe Bird to Ramien but then mightn’t have cash to do Hynes to Ponga and then cant sell Brailey to Ipap.

Now after hearing Tohu potentially out to round 22 I could trade him out to Ipap next week or I could get Josh Jackson this week but will TPJ affect any of his mins when he goes there soon? Trading Tohu out means I’m still stuck with Brailey though but can decide who to play as 17th man out of Olakau’atu and Brailey and maybe do a loop and take the best score.

Sorry I’m rambling but thoughts on the best move/s to make here please?

Not sure I'd be trading out Peachey (especially with his dual cover) to a Dylan Walker who is no guarantee for a bench spot going forward given Jake Trbojevic, Haumole Olakau'atu, Sean Keppie,Toafofoa Sipley (who are all probably certainties for the 17) plus Josh Schuster, Karl Lawton, Moses Suli, Jack Gosiewski (now named on extended bench) and possibly Curtis Sironen fighting it out for the remaining 7 spots, other than the starting front row they already have now.

Hame Sele on the other hand looks a possible trade in to raise cash (given Tevita Tatola is out until Round 23-25) and is a cheap Middie at $321k, but not for Peachey, so maybe trade Josh Schuster (another Middie) out as you already have SJ as backup half, or think about trading Joseph Manu after Round 17 (depending if Teddy starts Round 18) as you already have three centres if Suaalii is a suitable back up for you.

You've got three Hookers - Macca, Verrills and Brailey (BE 59), so out of those Brailey is probably the one to go given the Dragons plight at the moment but he would be a better 17th man going forward rather than Olakau'atu who will probably revert back to the bench soon so he would be better trade out once he's maxed out.
    Rooster Booster
    Rooster Booster

Post by Rooster Booster Wed Jul 07, 2021 5:05 am

Rabbits21 wrote:Oh and by the way Jax is planning to run with no trades between rounds 21-25, he’s gonna have double/triple cover in every position he says. He’s getting Ramien most likely this week leaving him 3 trades.

I need to make up around 1700 ranks at this point.

Others here have already previously explained to you that holding trades is probably the best way to beat this Jax guy (he must be a good man being a Roosters supporter) so I would back those thoughts as you have to remember there is still nine bloody long rounds to go, so don't be the Hare (or Rabbit in your case) and remember slow and steady always wins that race, right ?

Also keep in mind that there will be all types of shenanigans in Round 25, so once again slow and steady.

Not sure why as a mad Roosters supporter I'm giving you any type of advice, so stuff you - Go Jax  Razz
    Goodnight Kiwi
    Goodnight Kiwi

Post by Goodnight Kiwi Wed Jul 07, 2021 5:31 am

Looking at 2 of these 3 MIDs in this week. Would this be the order?
    Lolo
    AFB
    Radley
    lewis9966
    lewis9966

Post by lewis9966 Wed Jul 07, 2021 6:19 am

Goodnight Kiwi wrote:Looking at 2 of these 3 MIDs in this week. Would this be the order?
    Lolo
    AFB
    Radley

That’s what I am ranking them as
    AL
    AL

Post by AL Wed Jul 07, 2021 6:37 am

danseels1985 wrote:Not going to ask for advice,just putting my team up if anyone wants to take a look.

Harris to AFB
    Simonsson to Savage

4 trades 594k

Verrills
    AFB
    CHN
    ARey SJ
    Savage Walsh

Just the 7 for me this week,next week I’ll trade Jones to Fifita so this is what it will look like full strength

Brailey
    Haas Crichton AFB
    Fifita Matterson
    DCE SJ
    Olam/Crichton Burton
    Teddy Turbo Hynes

Moses
    ARey
    Fogarty
    CHN
    Walsh
    Verrills
    Savage

Looks good but would pay to save a trade or two for the run in with no Centre cover and only one forward cover on the bench. Plenty in the same boat RE: cover and trades though. Good luck.
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Fanatic

Post by Liverpool_Bulldog Wed Jul 07, 2021 6:43 am

Trying to keep in mind that Burton and Hynes are probably 2 more must trades down the line while trying to make this weeks trades is tough. Need to make sure I have the funds
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Fanatic

Post by Liverpool_Bulldog Wed Jul 07, 2021 6:49 am

Super keen to see how Lodge and AFB go together fantasy wise.
    Hoping for a Graham/Tolman like combo, guaranteed 100 points a game

Current date/time is Wed May 08, 2024 3:10 am