NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 73 - Kid & Play House Party

my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 73 - Kid & Play House Party - Page 9 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 73 - Kid & Play House Party

Post by my tv broke Wed Jul 07, 2021 7:24 am

Rooster Booster wrote:

Thinking Matto has been saved for more game time against the better teams.

A lot of the games where he was benched was when Parra had a good lead , so with their upcoming draw I would definitely hold.

I was looking at this before last weeks game to try and re-assure myself, as I've still got him. Can mount an argument for it although he's been subbed so many times now..

Last week he got subbed with 6 mins to go, at 12 all. Not a great sign. Arthur mustn't see him as vital (unless he copped a small knock or something)

I'm holding for now.. because I've got other trade outs.
    Jele
    Jele

NFL Fantasy L1 Champion : 2019
    NRL FF Survivor Champion : 2020

NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 73 - Kid & Play House Party - Page 9 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 73 - Kid & Play House Party

Post by Jele Wed Jul 07, 2021 7:26 am

just trying to get to the source of the latest news on Tohu’s injury. Could be wrong but seems like all of it - including the nrl.com injury list update and nrl physio’s report - stems from Gus Gould’s tweet. Would be good to see something a bit more authoritative before pulling the plug.
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Fanatic

Post by Liverpool_Bulldog Wed Jul 07, 2021 7:29 am

Jele wrote:just trying to get to the source of the latest news on Tohu’s injury. Could be wrong but seems like all of it - including the nrl.com injury list update and nrl physio’s report - stems from Gus Gould’s tweet. Would be good to see something a bit more authoritative before pulling the plug.
    Yeah something more concrete would be nice. I’m trying to convince myself that with Lodge there plus Curran coming back in next week (possibly) his workload can be reduced a touch
    multiple.scoregasms
    multiple.scoregasms

Post by multiple.scoregasms Wed Jul 07, 2021 7:29 am

Doing some forward planning I think I'll be keeping Hunt over Fogarty for the run home. Here is hoping the 80s come in my 17 not when I bench him again

Round 18:
    Simonsson>Ponga
    Burton>Fifita

598k remaining and 5 trades remaining

Round 20:
    Fogarty (~740k)>Cleary
    Matterson/CHN>Murray/Crichton

Leaves this squad with 3 trades for the run home

Koroisau
    Haas, AFB, Thompson
    Murray/Crichton, Fifita
    Cleary, SJ
    Aitken, Bird
    Ponga, Teddy, Walsh

Moses, Hunt, Matterson/CHN, Taukeiaho

Walker, Verrills, Laurie, Chambers

Coverage for all positions on the bench and only have to death ride the Manly duo+Papy on the run home. Would like a better 17th man but think the extra depth will be handy
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Fanatic

Post by Liverpool_Bulldog Wed Jul 07, 2021 7:50 am

Peachey, Burton, Olam are my current centres.

Burton will be gone when one of Cleary/Luai return
    Peachey is a worry 
    Olam is well fit at least

Probably not something that needs to be fixed this week
    Revraiser
    Revraiser
    Fanatic

Post by Revraiser Wed Jul 07, 2021 7:57 am

wolfking wrote:Why Wilton all of a sudden?  What have I missed?  Was there an update on Graham or something?

WT Winfield wrote:

It's not like Revs is the gambling type either scratch

For me its been Wilton almost all year, would have been worthwhile doing it ages ago, but wondering now if he rides out a good spot in the pack. Risky indeed, but just one other option over AFB.
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Wed Jul 07, 2021 8:06 am

With 10 trades in hand, thinking I'll trade as follows:

Simmo -> Chambers
    Tohu -> Taumalolo

Not terribly exciting.

Considering:
    Jones -> Hetherington

Hetho feels like he will be ok for 20th man.. chance he goes back to bench with Flegler back, but I really hope Kevy see's the light here, Flegler is not a 13, and isn't playing like a starting forward. Its pretty funny he's been called into origin camp tbh.

Pulling the trigger now would allow both Fifita and a Ponga/etc trade in round 18.. or maybe I should just wait. Chance Papy is back in round 18 and Hynes is benched though so would need that second trade on a fb.

I'm really just trying to free up as much cash as possible because I'm skint and need Fifita/etc and then probably Cleary

Only gives me six for the week but I'm not excited by any other trades. Verrills, Lolo, SJ, Averillo, Chambers, Walsh

Last edited by my tv broke on Wed Jul 07, 2021 8:12 am; edited 1 time in total
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Fanatic

Post by Liverpool_Bulldog Wed Jul 07, 2021 8:11 am

my tv broke wrote:With 10 trades in hand, thinking I'll trade as follows:

Simmo -> Chambers
    Tohu -> Taumalolo

Not terribly exciting.

Considering:
    Jones -> Hetherington

Hetho feels like he will be ok for 20th man.. chance he goes back to bench with Flegler back, but I really hope Kevy see's the light here, Flegler is not a 13, and isn't playing like a starting forward. Its pretty funny he's been called into origin camp tbh.

Pulling the trigger now would allow both Fifita and a Ponga/etc trade in round 18.. or maybe I should just wait. Chance Papy is back in round 18 and Hynes is benched though so would need that second trade on a fb.

I'm really just trying to free up as much cash as possible because I'm skint and need Fifita/etc and then probably Cleary
    This is exactly me at the moment. I’ll make trades then look at my bank and go nope that won’t be enough haha.

I mean if Hetho is named at 13 again next week it fixes a lot of problems in regards to cash flow, but feels like a big gamble
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Wed Jul 07, 2021 8:13 am

is Chambers a safe bet?

He was dropped last week and only got a recall because Moylan went down.

Given Moylan's history, Chambers could well be in the side for months, and maybe you only need him this week anyway
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Wed Jul 07, 2021 8:14 am

Liverpool_Bulldog wrote:I mean if Hetho is named at 13 again next week it fixes a lot of problems in regards to cash flow, but feels like a big gamble

Its not a big deal for me as he'll be 20th man. Even off the bench he is looking like a 30 pt player which is ok for depth down the bottom. Probably won't be anywhere near as strong as teams who made heaps of cash early but I don't have that luxury.

With Lodge and Pangai gone we were at full strength on Sunday apart from Flegler.
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Wed Jul 07, 2021 8:15 am

Milchcow wrote:
    is Chambers a safe bet?

He was dropped last week and only got a recall because Moylan went down.

He missed the game due to partner having a baby
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Wed Jul 07, 2021 8:18 am

my tv broke wrote:

Its not a big deal for me as he'll be 20th man. Even off the bench he is looking like a 30 pt player which is ok for depth down the bottom. Probably won't be anywhere near as strong as teams who made heaps of cash early but I don't have that luxury.

With Lodge and Pangai gone we were at full strength on Sunday apart from Flegler.

Literally just announced, I'll take it as a sign

"Tough and hard-working forward Kobe Hetherington has extended his stay with the Brisbane Broncos for another two seasons."

https://www.broncos.com.au/news/2021/07/07/hetherington-extends-for-another-two-years/

BCT05
    BCT05

Post by BCT05 Wed Jul 07, 2021 8:19 am

Although I'd like to grab Ramien for Crichton this week I just know it's not a good use of a trade with only 7 left.

Think I'll just do Fitzgibbon to Lolo this week,will only field 5 players.

Then loose plans would be

Rd18:
    Harris to iPap (gives another week for more news on Harris)
    Simo to Latrell (if backing up)

Rd19/20 :
    Hynes to Papy/Ponga

Would leave around 350k itb and upon Cleary return would aim to do Curran or Tauk to a base price and then upgrade someone around 600k+ to Cleary.

wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Wed Jul 07, 2021 8:27 am

my tv broke wrote:With 10 trades in hand, thinking I'll trade as follows:

Simmo -> Chambers
    Tohu -> Taumalolo

Not terribly exciting.

Considering:
    Jones -> Hetherington

Only gives me six for the week but I'm not excited by any other trades. Verrills, Lolo, SJ, Averillo, Chambers, Walsh

Not getting Turbo mate?

Also, who would your sacrifice be for Fifita?
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Wed Jul 07, 2021 8:30 am

wolfking wrote:

Not getting Turbo mate?

I think I need Fifita first.

Might get Ponga instead of Turbo, and just hope it works out, I dunno.
    Chucky
    Chucky

Post by Chucky Wed Jul 07, 2021 8:34 am

Jele wrote:just trying to get to the source of the latest news on Tohu’s injury. Could be wrong but seems like all of it - including the nrl.com injury list update and nrl physio’s report - stems from Gus Gould’s tweet. Would be good to see something a bit more authoritative before pulling the plug.
    I’m more concerned for Tohu with the HIA.
    Doesn’t he have a bit of a concussion history?
    There’s been no mention of him beginning the protocols yet.
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Wed Jul 07, 2021 8:34 am

my tv broke wrote:

I think I need Fifita first.

Might get Ponga instead of Turbo, and just hope it works out, I dunno.

Absolutely. Fifita is in next week. Just have to work out who for.
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Wed Jul 07, 2021 8:37 am

wolfking wrote:

Absolutely.  Fifita is in next week.  Just have to work out who for.

I think I'll trade Tohu now and hold Schuster. Still unsure who turns into Fifita but there is a chance that the Schu is useful next week, whereas Tohu definitely won't be.
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Fanatic

Post by Liverpool_Bulldog Wed Jul 07, 2021 8:45 am

my tv broke wrote:

Literally just announced, I'll take it as a sign

"Tough and hard-working forward Kobe Hetherington has extended his stay with the Brisbane Broncos for another two seasons."

https://www.broncos.com.au/news/2021/07/07/hetherington-extends-for-another-two-years/

Surely a sign.
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Wed Jul 07, 2021 8:46 am

my tv broke wrote:

I think I'll trade Tohu now and hold Schuster. Still unsure who turns into Fifita but there is a chance that the Schu is useful next week, whereas Tohu definitely won't be.

Makes sense.

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 9:58 am