NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 67 - Stop the rank crying and get on with it!

NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 67 - Stop the rank crying and get on with it!  - Page 15 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 67 - Stop the rank crying and get on with it!

Post by Guest Wed Jun 16, 2021 4:33 am

Liverpool_Bulldog wrote:Had a quick browse and Schoupp is the only player that fits the bill in the sub 300k range.

Rocco Berry?
    NoSpeakaAnyInglis
    NoSpeakaAnyInglis

NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 67 - Stop the rank crying and get on with it!  - Page 15 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 67 - Stop the rank crying and get on with it!

Post by NoSpeakaAnyInglis Wed Jun 16, 2021 4:34 am

Short on trades and not set up for Round 17 so I am focusing on building a strong team with good depth for the run home. Making 3 trades this week- Laurie, Matterson and Lodge for Fifita, Tohu and Verrills.
    Gives me this team with 7 trades left:

Brailey
    Tohu TPJ Haas
    Angus Fifita
    Cleary Moses
    Bird Burton
    Walsh Hynes Turbo

Watson Arey Papalii CHN
    Schuster AKelly Verrills Suaalii

Will be spending 2 or 3 more trades before sitting on 5 in case of emergency. 1 will be Hynes to Teddy/Pap. 2 will be adding Lomax as a POD. 3 will be a round 17 scorer. Potential trade outs are Watson and Kelly (need him to make some more money)

Feel like I'm forced into the strategy to go big now and hope for the best. Anyone else taking the same route?
    BCT05
    BCT05

Post by BCT05 Wed Jun 16, 2021 4:35 am

One of Watson or Matto is gone for me this week but can't decide who. I've been leaning Matto but seems a lot of people are getting rid of Watson.

I certainly didn't think I'd be getting rid of Matterson this soon if at all but there's no denying he hasn't been very involved lately.

Watson back to bench but has averaged 52 from there this season so not sure if it's really going to be an issue. He just needs 50mins and was getting that at the start of the year, the only difference is Barnett is now playing middle I guess
    ytsb
    ytsb

Post by ytsb Wed Jun 16, 2021 4:39 am

Just thought I'd mentioned that we (Roosters) looked much weaker on our right hand side last week against the Titans. I expect a lot of traffic down that side so consequently I am playing Burton over S. Crichton. Thank you for listening to my speech.
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Fanatic

Post by Liverpool_Bulldog Wed Jun 16, 2021 4:41 am

Kane wrote:

Berry?
    Only WFB mate. I might have to suck it up and grab Simo and at least WFB is covered

Post by Guest Wed Jun 16, 2021 4:43 am

Liverpool_Bulldog wrote:
    Only WFB mate. I might have to suck it up and grab Simo and at least WFB is covered

Ah sorry I thought he was both
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Fanatic

Post by Liverpool_Bulldog Wed Jun 16, 2021 4:44 am

Kane wrote:

Ah sorry I thought he was both
    He might get it in 18 with DPPs he’s played a few games there
    sbr202

Post by sbr202 Wed Jun 16, 2021 5:05 am

Playing H2H only, what do we think are better trades? Have 12 left before this week.

TU:

Simpkin --> Verrills
    Momo --> Manu
    Matto --> IPap

TD:

Simpkin --> Verrills
    Momo --> Gagai
    Laurie --> To'o/Gutherson
    Fraser
    Fraser

Post by Fraser Wed Jun 16, 2021 5:14 am

I'm going around in circles a bit this week. Ranked 359 overall and 13 trades left before any trades this round. I'm tempted to go balls to the wall and make a big push using all 4 trades this week to bring in 3 of my final 17 players. It's not really my style in seasons past and it could come back to bite me big time but man am I tempted!
    Sleepy
    Sleepy

Post by Sleepy Wed Jun 16, 2021 5:15 am

Initial thoughts
    Watson->cashout
    Laurie->Angus
    Matterson->DFifi

leaves me with
    Brailey
    Tohu Angus Haas
    CHN Dfifi
    Cleary DCE
    Bird Avo
    Turbo Hynes Teddy
    Fog Curran Moses Walsh
    Schuster BJones Simonsson Cashout

9 trades remaining 12k

Thoughts?
    Fortitude
    Fortitude

Post by Fortitude Wed Jun 16, 2021 5:20 am

MayorofAlburquerque wrote:Howdy Y'all,

Are any of you stats boffins with copious amounts of year-on-year data and excel-savy know-how able to shed light on the trends that have led to the ascendancy of the HLF position? Out of the top-10 averaging players, it breaks down to:
    HLF = 4
    WFB = 3
    MID = 2
    EDG = 1

NB: 2 of these are Keary and Morris
    NB: Pos. 11-12 are HKRs

I'm not sure how this compares to the top-10 from previous years. Is it because kick-metres have increased? Or are halves scoring and contributing more points under the new rules? Or just the decline of the 80-minute Hooker? Anyone got any insight?

Seems to explain why most teams are ending up Halves-heavy - Premiums like Cleary, DCE, Hughes (who seems an outlier on the KM front), value picks like Moses, Fogarty, SJ, and that jerk Averillo with his billion KMs per game because that's All the Bulldogs gameplan ever is. An end-bench with 2-3 HLFs is probably an option.

One thing seems clear though...The Hooker is dead. Long live the Hooker.

The Mayor.

Team this week will have 7 players eligible to play in the halves. 8 when i bring back the Shoe assuming he plays r17
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Wed Jun 16, 2021 5:22 am

Sleepy wrote:Initial thoughts
    Watson->cashout
    Laurie->Angus
    Matterson->DFifi

leaves me with
    Brailey
    Tohu Angus Haas
    CHN Dfifi
    Cleary DCE
    Bird Avo
    Turbo Hynes Teddy
    Fog Curran Moses Walsh
    Schuster BJones Simonsson Cashout

9 trades remaining 12k

Thoughts?

Why Angus? More than likely won't play 17.
    hymenbustas
    hymenbustas

Post by hymenbustas Wed Jun 16, 2021 5:22 am

Fk it, bringing in fifita
    Brail
    Tohu ipap haas
    Fifita TPJ
    SJ Cleary
    Avo Bird
    Hynes Teddy Walsh

Angus Fog CHN Matto
    Jones SCritch Verills Schuster

11 trades left
    L-Jimmy
    L-Jimmy

Post by L-Jimmy Wed Jun 16, 2021 5:30 am

sbr202 wrote:Playing H2H only, what do we think are better trades? Have 12 left before this week.

TU:

Simpkin --> Verrills
    Momo --> Manu
    Matto --> IPap

TD:

Simpkin --> Verrills
    Momo --> Gagai
    Laurie --> To'o/Gutherson

Manu is a weird call for H2H.
    Gagai is a weird call for fantasy.

Definite thumbs-sideways from me.
    Sleepy
    Sleepy

Post by Sleepy Wed Jun 16, 2021 5:31 am

wolfking wrote:

Why Angus?  More than likely won't play 17.

Was thinking Ipap but l given my trades was thinking to set my final team sooner rather then later
    MayorofAlburquerque
    MayorofAlburquerque

Post by MayorofAlburquerque Wed Jun 16, 2021 5:32 am

Shady2K wrote:You could say hookers from last year have either declined or disappeared as well.

Koro hasn’t hit the heights of last year yet
    Cook been okay but not top tier yet
    McInnes injured
    Smith retired
    That was also something I'd considered. Its hard to gauge whether its the rise of one, fall of one, or both happening simultaneously.

No McInnes is obviously the big one. 
    Grant's year has been derailed by injury.
    Would have been interesting to see where they ended up.

I guess the thing is it looks like the elite HKR is somewhere around 60 points per game, but the HLF is +65, so it suggests a shift in the tiers of positions.

The Mayor.
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Wed Jun 16, 2021 5:34 am

Sleepy wrote:

Was thinking Ipap but l given my trades was thinking to set my final team sooner rather then later

Fair. I think IPap is just as much a keeper as Angus though.
    multiple.scoregasms
    multiple.scoregasms

Post by multiple.scoregasms Wed Jun 16, 2021 5:34 am

MayorofAlburquerque wrote:Howdy Y'all,

Are any of you stats boffins with copious amounts of year-on-year data and excel-savy know-how able to shed light on the trends that have led to the ascendancy of the HLF position? Out of the top-10 averaging players, it breaks down to:
    HLF = 4
    WFB = 3
    MID = 2
    EDG = 1

NB: 2 of these are Keary and Morris
    NB: Pos. 11-12 are HKRs

I'm not sure how this compares to the top-10 from previous years. Is it because kick-metres have increased? Or are halves scoring and contributing more points under the new rules? Or just the decline of the 80-minute Hooker? Anyone got any insight?

Seems to explain why most teams are ending up Halves-heavy - Premiums like Cleary, DCE, Hughes (who seems an outlier on the KM front), value picks like Moses, Fogarty, SJ, and that jerk Averillo with his billion KMs per game because that's All the Bulldogs gameplan ever is. An end-bench with 2-3 HLFs is probably an option.

One thing seems clear though...The Hooker is dead. Long live the Hooker.

The Mayor.

Revraiser wrote:

Wasn't it MS who thought this would eventuate this year re the Halves ?

Don't have the stats handy but anecdotally we have seen teams moving from splitting kicking duties to having one dominant kicker since COVID break. Because of this I tried to guess which halves would dominate kick metres and start with those: Cleary, Moses, Munster, Lam. I got 2 of those wrong with Hughes/Munster having a more traditional split + Keary dominating more than Lam. As we saw the strategy was good I just picked the wrong cattle. Starting Townsend over Lam as an example would have worked wonders.

Kick metres samples from round 2 2020 including top 2 from each team:

Dogs Wakeham 221, Lewis 363
    Cowboys Drinkwater 101, Morgan 527
    Dragons Norman 273, Hunt 240
    Panthers Luai 143, Cleary 355
    Broncos Milford 277, Turpin 73
    Rabbits Burns 50, ARey 202
    Warriors CHT 131, Green 341
    Raiders Wighton 158, Williams 252
    Roosters Keary 104, Flanno 343
    Manly Walker 124, DCE 598
    Sharks SJ 221, Townsend 182
    Storm Munster 229, Hughes 177
    Tigers Benji 383, Jrey 31
    Knights Pearce 339, Ponga 154
    Titans Roberts 49, Taylor 345
    Eels Moses 438, Brown 59

Only really Morgan, DCE, Moses, Benji and Taylor really dominated kick metres with the rest being split fairly evenly. Compare this to the most recent round where DCE (300), SJ (604), Burton (470), Arey (488), Clifford (665) all had massive kick metres. Plus we have seen what Cleary, Fogarty, Moses, Pearce, Averillo and Doueihi have done all year
    multiple.scoregasms
    multiple.scoregasms

Post by multiple.scoregasms Wed Jun 16, 2021 5:58 am

Frizell and Edrick back at Knights training. Jones might be shorter than expected
    Spoiler:
    Lemmy KGB
    Lemmy KGB

Post by Lemmy KGB Wed Jun 16, 2021 6:00 am

BCT05 wrote:One of Watson or Matto is gone for me this week but can't decide who. I've been leaning Matto but seems a lot of people are getting rid of Watson.

I certainly didn't think I'd be getting rid of Matterson this soon if at all but there's no denying he hasn't been very involved lately.

Watson back to bench but has averaged 52 from there this season so not sure if it's really going to be an issue. He just needs 50mins and was getting that at the start of the year, the only difference is Barnett is now playing middle I guess

For what's it worth I think I'm going Watson. When the team was full strength he was starting to look like getting 40mins then the team turned to shit. Eels bench looks more promising for Matto this week (who could go later for Thompson or AFB in the next couple of rounds)

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 2:40 am