NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 67 - Stop the rank crying and get on with it!

Revraiser
    Revraiser
    Fanatic

NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 67 - Stop the rank crying and get on with it!  - Page 14 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 67 - Stop the rank crying and get on with it!

Post by Revraiser Wed Jun 16, 2021 3:28 pm

Mulvy wrote:
    Maybe,  but Tohu 62-63.

Thought that as I was typing, maybe not a valid trade out for me though. Harris is in this week regardless.
    toast
    toast

NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 67 - Stop the rank crying and get on with it!  - Page 14 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 67 - Stop the rank crying and get on with it!

Post by toast Wed Jun 16, 2021 3:30 pm

Will ponder the following.

Momo -> Timoko
    Laurie -> Simo
    Someone (Watson/Hunt??) -> Tohu

Leaves me with 10 trades.

Edit: Already don't like it. Simo and Timoko are risky. Hmm...

Last edited by toast on Wed Jun 16, 2021 3:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Aardvark
    Aardvark

Post by Aardvark Wed Jun 16, 2021 3:32 pm

I've gone for a different approach and made my font really small so you all have squint to read it and really focus on the narrative....I have done this because I am very, very important
    MayorofAlburquerque
    MayorofAlburquerque

Post by MayorofAlburquerque Wed Jun 16, 2021 3:40 pm

Howdy Y'all,

Are any of you stats boffins with copious amounts of year-on-year data and excel-savy know-how able to shed light on the trends that have led to the ascendancy of the HLF position? Out of the top-10 averaging players, it breaks down to:
    HLF = 4
    WFB = 3
    MID = 2
    EDG = 1

NB: 2 of these are Keary and Morris
    NB: Pos. 11-12 are HKRs

I'm not sure how this compares to the top-10 from previous years. Is it because kick-metres have increased? Or are halves scoring and contributing more points under the new rules? Or just the decline of the 80-minute Hooker? Anyone got any insight?

Seems to explain why most teams are ending up Halves-heavy - Premiums like Cleary, DCE, Hughes (who seems an outlier on the KM front), value picks like Moses, Fogarty, SJ, and that jerk Averillo with his billion KMs per game because that's All the Bulldogs gameplan ever is. An end-bench with 2-3 HLFs is probably an option.

One thing seems clear though...The Hooker is dead. Long live the Hooker.

The Mayor.
    trenzil
    trenzil

Post by trenzil Wed Jun 16, 2021 3:41 pm

bigbruno wrote:Looking at 4 trades this week also.. down to 7 if I go ahead with it but my team is looking pretty set

Trades:
    Farnworth / Laurie / BHunt / RTS -> Verrills / SJ / Averillo / Tohu

Team is looking like:

JBrai
    Haas - Angus - Tohu
    iPap - Dfifi
    (C)leary - Fog
    Bird - Avo
    Hynes - Teddy - Walsh

CHN - Nikora - Moses - SJ
    CWatson - Verrils - A.Kelly - Mbye

Any thoughts whether I'm going overkill here? Leaves me with 7 trades and 18kITB.
    Injuries a side my team is final(ish) bar Hynes -> Papy and Ponga coming in and maybe Cook post origin. Feedback greatly appreciated!
    I'm holding Farnworth myself, I think you could  at least use him as an emergency wfb/ctr cover and when Teddy rests play you could play him when need be
    Shady2K
    Shady2K

Post by Shady2K Wed Jun 16, 2021 3:43 pm

MayorofAlburquerque wrote:Howdy Y'all,

Are any of you stats boffins with copious amounts of year-on-year data and excel-savy know-how able to shed light on the trends that have led to the ascendancy of the HLF position? Out of the top-10 averaging players, it breaks down to:
    HLF = 4
    WFB = 3
    MID = 2
    EDG = 1

I'm not sure how this compares to the top-10 from previous years. Is it because kick-metres have increased? Or are halves scoring and contributing more points under the new rules? Or just the decline of the 80-minute Hooker? Anyone got any insight?

Seems to explain why most teams are ending up Halves-heavy - Premiums like Cleary, DCE, Hughes (who seems an outlier on the KM front), value picks like Moses, Fogarty, SJ, and that jerk Averillo with his billion KMs per game because that's All the Bulldogs gameplan ever is. An end-bench with 2-3 HLFs is probably an option.

The Mayor.

You could say hookers from last year have either declined or disappeared as well.

Koro hasn’t hit the heights of last year yet
    Cook been okay but not top tier yet
    McInnes injured
    Smith retired
    robelgordo
    robelgordo
    Fanatic

Post by robelgordo Wed Jun 16, 2021 3:43 pm

Khany wrote:As mentioned by others the Broncos can make the most average player look like a champion. Simo still a risk.

CNK averages 42 (taking out injury games) in 2019, 2020, 2021. Aekins averaged 35 this season. Simo probably closer to 35 than 42 as a long-term average?
    Rabbits21
    Rabbits21
    Fanatic

Post by Rabbits21 Wed Jun 16, 2021 3:44 pm

Mulvy wrote:

Gees you're not wrong mate, bloody ridiculous!
    Some advice for my team would be welcome please from you yourself the guru!
    Chewie
    Chewie
    Fanatic

Post by Chewie Wed Jun 16, 2021 3:47 pm

Barnett to DFifita
    Brooks to SJ
    Laurie to Walsh
    SCrichton to Simo

Sideways trading with a bit of flare
    Revraiser
    Revraiser
    Fanatic

Post by Revraiser Wed Jun 16, 2021 3:47 pm

MayorofAlburquerque wrote:Howdy Y'all,

HLF = 4
    WFB = 3
    MID = 2
    EDG = 1

The Mayor.

Wasn't it MS who thought this would eventuate this year re the Halves ?
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Fanatic

Post by Liverpool_Bulldog Wed Jun 16, 2021 3:48 pm

@rev

My post in reply earlier wasn’t an attack on your strategy at all mate.
    You will finish higher I’m sure of it just taking a different approach.

Sitting on the fence if you will
    trenzil
    trenzil

Post by trenzil Wed Jun 16, 2021 3:52 pm

Pre-trades my team looks like this:

Macca
    Crichton Watson Finucane
    Fifita Matto
    Cleary Fog
    Averillo Peach
    Laurie Turbo Herbie

Brailey CHN Brooks Stefano
    Campbell Flegler Bowen Schuster

13 trades
    $403K itb

Targeting Tohu, SJ & Walsh this week
    Laurie + Flegler -> Walsh + Tohu/SJ? D
    Don't think I can get both though without 4 trades or trading borderline keeper

Thoughts?
    Revraiser
    Revraiser
    Fanatic

Post by Revraiser Wed Jun 16, 2021 3:53 pm

Liverpool_Bulldog wrote:@rev

My post in reply earlier wasn’t an attack on your strategy at all mate.
    You will finish higher I’m sure of it just taking a different approach.

Sitting on the fence if you will

Ah no all ok mate, I wasn't offended, I won't ever have a rude stab at anyone unless they offer it up first.
    I should have replied to ur post though, as that can make it seem I was offended by not responding.

No approach is the wrong approach imo.
    Welsh Mafia
    Welsh Mafia

Post by Welsh Mafia Wed Jun 16, 2021 3:54 pm

Honey Badger wrote:

My only concern is you are trading out 3 players that can play wfb and now left with just Mbye covering ctr/wfb. Or are you looking to bring in ponga next rd?

Thanks for the reply mate, appreciate your thoughts.

You're right, I've completely missed this and am leaving myself with a huge vulnerability. Herbie I just feel is really going nowhere but backwards and the fact Niu got FB over him suggests he ain't all that.

RTS on the wing is a HUGE risk. Laurie is the one who could hang around but I also think his last few weeks have been heavily inflated by flukey runs and LB's in the last few minutes.

I plan to get Hynes -> Ponga in round 18 unless he tanks in value and then Kelly/Nikora to Papy & cashout. Leaves me 5 trades to maintain a team... pretty light on MID cover with just cwatson but those boys are fairly durable.. shit you've got me wondering mate!
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Fanatic

Post by Liverpool_Bulldog Wed Jun 16, 2021 4:20 pm

Really hoping for a viable cheap CTR/WFB backup to pop up heading into 17.

Selling Laurie this week and Hynes in the next couple means no cover at all for CTR/WFB
    mrbrownstone
    mrbrownstone

Post by mrbrownstone Wed Jun 16, 2021 4:21 pm

I don't know about selling Matto and Watson, but the more I think about it, it's so hard to pass up:

Laurie -> Verills
    Matto -> DiFi
    Watson -> Haas/Thompson
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Fanatic

Post by Liverpool_Bulldog Wed Jun 16, 2021 4:23 pm

Had a quick browse and Schoupp is the only player that fits the bill in the sub 300k range.
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Wed Jun 16, 2021 4:25 pm

mrbrownstone wrote:I don't know about selling Matto and Watson, but the more I think about it, it's so hard to pass up:

Laurie -> Verills
    Matto -> DiFi
    Watson -> Haas/Thompson

Yeah, I was leaning towards holding but guys like Laurie and Watson, you're not holding til the end of the year, so what's the point holding one more week? I mean, there's a chance they could pull out an 80 and then you may be forced to trade someone different next week you weren't planning on. It feels good not having to trade and giving guys like Matto, Watson and Laurie more time, but the upside, especially heading into round 17 moves could be important. I just have a slight uneasy feeling that we still have another round after this one before round 17. Part of me is thinking to hold and use 6 trades over the next two weeks.

Post by Guest Wed Jun 16, 2021 4:27 pm

Liverpool_Bulldog wrote:Had a quick browse and Schoupp is the only player that fits the bill in the sub 300k range.

Berry?
    michaelz101
    michaelz101

Post by michaelz101 Wed Jun 16, 2021 4:31 pm

For anyone bringing in D Fifita this week over Harris. What are your reasons? Fifita misses round 17 and highly likely round 18 ( titans play Friday first game after Wednesday origin 3).

The other option is ipap whose bottomed out IMO

Current date/time is Sun May 12, 2024 2:54 pm