NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 19 - I told you so

Holy Moly
    Holy Moly

NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 19 - I told you so  - Page 45 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 19 - I told you so

Post by Holy Moly Tue Mar 23, 2021 1:38 am

If I put the VC on Cleary and the C on Brailey and Cleary got a great score, could I then swap Brailey for Liddle? Or does this looping option no longer exist? Thanks in advance.
    rhinoceroo
    rhinoceroo
    Fanatic

NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 19 - I told you so  - Page 45 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 19 - I told you so

Post by rhinoceroo Tue Mar 23, 2021 1:50 am

Holy Moly wrote:If I put the VC on Cleary and the C on Brailey and Cleary got a great score, could I then swap Brailey for Liddle? Or does this looping option no longer exist? Thanks in advance.

No, C and VC are locked in at first game's kick-off.
    Holy Moly
    Holy Moly

Post by Holy Moly Tue Mar 23, 2021 1:56 am

rhinoceroo wrote:

No, C and VC are locked in at first game's kick-off.

Cheers.
    Snatchpato
    Snatchpato

Post by Snatchpato Tue Mar 23, 2021 4:46 am

I've got 2 options for bringing in Cleary within two weeks. 

Option 1: trade out Tohu and Brooks for Schuster and Cleary.
    Pros: Get Cleary, ditch Brooks who could become a liability very soon, get Cleary in one week (if playing). 
    Cons: Trading two healthy bodies, Tohu gun keeper, Tohu only edge cover

Edit: Re italics above, I've noticed I could play Alvaro in my starting MIDs and bring Angus to the bench for Edge cover. Posting again below for a TU/TD team analysis.

Option 2: trade Brooks + Turpin to Schuster + basement (verills?) To leave 600k in bank. Then trade middy (Tino?) to Cleary next week. 
    Pros: Get Cleary, cut some dead weight, start more cash generation (Schu)
    Cons: Using three trades to get Cleary, miss this week's score (if playing)

Thoughts on either option? At this point I'm leaning do neither, but could easily be convinced. Current lineup to help analysis:

JBrailey 
    Angus(C) Watson Tino 
    Tupouniua Riki 
    Fogarty Brooks 
    Momo Remis 
    Teddy Papy Laurie 

Tohu Liddle Turpin Alvaro 
    Niu Leniu Averillo Faamusili

Last edited by Snatchpato on Tue Mar 23, 2021 5:55 am; edited 1 time in total
    manlybeaver
    manlybeaver

Post by manlybeaver Tue Mar 23, 2021 5:06 am

Ranked 22k need to get some funds for cleary

Davey to schuster
    Sirro to osullivan if named
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Fanatic

Post by Liverpool_Bulldog Tue Mar 23, 2021 5:39 am

This morning I’m thinking something along the lines of Turpin/Lodge to Koala/Arrow.

Don’t have any Rabbitohs so would be nice to welcome them
    Rapture_NRL
    Rapture_NRL

Post by Rapture_NRL Tue Mar 23, 2021 5:55 am

Welshy wrote:Thoughts if Schuster gets named edge

Munster - Cleary
    Turpin - Schuster

If I was able to do that, I would. Really hoping Munster pulls finger for a game or two before I retire him
    Snatchpato
    Snatchpato

Post by Snatchpato Tue Mar 23, 2021 5:59 am

TU/TD team analysis + decisions this week please:

TU: Leave current squad
    JBrailey
    Angus(c) Watson Tino
    Tupouniua Riki
    Fogarty Brooks
    Momo Remis
    Teddy Papy Laurie

TD: Make trades of Tohu+Brooks > Cleary+Schuster
    JBrailey
    Alvaro Watson Tino
    Tupouniua Riki
    Fogarty Cleary(c)
    Momo Remis
    Teddy Papy Laurie

Schuster Liddle Turpin Angus

Edit: All the above is assuming Schuster is named at EDG. If not, I'll be only considering the above if an equally cheap/promising cow comes along.
    ShadowSabre
    ShadowSabre

Post by ShadowSabre Tue Mar 23, 2021 6:02 am

I don't really understand all the trade Milf chat. You picked him for a reason and he vindicated that choice round 1 and we were all laughing. He then shows what he can dish out on a bad day last week and you all want to shove him already?
    He's always been rocks or diamonds and granted he threw the toys last week, but he was getting monstered by Fifita and it looked like his ego couldn't take it.
    Wouldn't be surprised if he goes big again against a worse team in the Dogs this week.
    All redundant of course if Kevy gives him the boot IRL Laughing
    ShadowSabre
    ShadowSabre

Post by ShadowSabre Tue Mar 23, 2021 6:05 am

Snatchpato wrote:TU/TD team analysis + decisions this week please:

JBrailey
    Angus(c) Watson Tino
    Tupouniua Riki
    Fogarty Brooks
    Momo Remis
    Teddy Papy Laurie

JBrailey
    Alvaro Watson Tino
    Tupouniua Riki
    Fogarty Cleary(c)
    Momo Remis
    Teddy Papy Laurie

Edit: All the above is assuming Schuster is named at EDG. If not, I'll be only considering the above if an equally cheap/promising cow comes along.

Tearing apart your team to get one player in is never a good idea. Schuster is still a bit of an unknown in terms of what role he'd see and to get Cleary you are dumping one 63 averaging player and one 53 averaging player.
    You need to find another way to get Cleary imo.
    Rapture_NRL
    Rapture_NRL

Post by Rapture_NRL Tue Mar 23, 2021 6:08 am

Milf has been very poor and I bet half the attitude and culture comes from him because the young guys would be looking up to him. The last time I actually saw him play anywhere near what his salary indicates was a period in 2019.

Croft is trying too hard. Reminds me a bit of younger SJ - too much pressure but definitely has the skill set
    RandomSil
    RandomSil

Post by RandomSil Tue Mar 23, 2021 6:10 am

Snatchpato wrote:TU/TD team analysis + decisions this week please:

JBrailey
    Angus(c) Watson Tino
    Tupouniua Riki
    Fogarty Brooks
    Momo Remis
    Teddy Papy Laurie

JBrailey
    Alvaro Watson Tino
    Tupouniua Riki
    Fogarty Cleary(c)
    Momo Remis
    Teddy Papy Laurie

I like your idea of the other trades and Cleary next week.
    Snatchpato
    Snatchpato

Post by Snatchpato Tue Mar 23, 2021 6:11 am

ShadowSabre wrote:

Tearing apart your team to get one player in is never a good idea. Schuster is still a bit of an unknown in terms of what role he'd see and to get Cleary you are dumping one 63 averaging player and one 53 averaging player.
    You need to find another way to get Cleary imo.
    Hey mate, I appreciate the feedback. I just want to add that while Brooks is a 53 AVG on paper, I've watched his last two games closely and he's not passing the eye-test. His 64 in R1 consisted of 2 goals, and an extra 80 KM, which is 8 points less in those stats if Douehi was playing who is taking some KM and kicking goals now. Brooks might prove me wrong and continue averaging strongly, however I just don't see how he can keep this average up and I see him dropping cash in the next few weeks with a BE this week of 38.

With all that said, your point about tearing the team apart is a good one. I'm personally very on the fence because I love the reliability that Tohu brings me, it's why I started with him despite him not having much more upside. It feels like I'm chasing points on a surface level, but I know that Cleary is a phenomenal player both IRL and in Fantasy, and he was by far my strongest performer last year, so I love his reliability as well. He's got such a high floor, that I feel like trading Tohu for him would be a fair trade in reliability, however an ~10 point upside (plus set-and-forget captaincy). Schuster is indeed unknown, and if I could be guaranteed a 40 pt average from him it would be a no-brainer, but nothing in Fantasy is a guarantee.

I appreciate your thoughts, every bit of feedback helps me frame my decisions better.
    Snatchpato
    Snatchpato

Post by Snatchpato Tue Mar 23, 2021 6:13 am

RandomSil wrote:

I like your idea of the other trades and Cleary next week.
    Yeah I'm 100% leaning that way if Cleary misses this week due to HIA protocols. Hard to stomach another week without him though if he is playing.

Do you like the players I'm considering the two-week option with? I love the idea of keeping Tohu in my side, and would love to cut Tino if he disappoints yet again.
    Snatchpato
    Snatchpato

Post by Snatchpato Tue Mar 23, 2021 6:18 am

Rapture_NRL wrote:Milf has been very poor and I bet half the attitude and culture comes from him because the young guys would be looking up to him. The last time I actually saw him play anywhere near what his salary indicates was a period in 2019.

Croft is trying too hard. Reminds me a bit of younger SJ - too much pressure but definitely has the skill set
    Same goes for Brooks. I think these guys could learn a lot from halves like Cleary. Despite his age, he's consistently demonstrating the clearest and calmest attitude when attacking. He rarely forces anything, and if nothing is on he'll pop a grubber into the in-goal for a line drop out or at worst, have his side make 3-4 tackles within the opponents 20m. Guys like Croft and Brooks seem to frequently go for the boom or bust play, which is more often the latter. It only heaps pressure on themselves and the rest of the team to go boom or bust the next play, and it compounds into some pretty bad performances.

Makes me wonder who their attacking/half coaches are, and what they're telling these guys.
    Rapture_NRL
    Rapture_NRL

Post by Rapture_NRL Tue Mar 23, 2021 6:19 am

Snatchpato wrote:I've got 2 options for bringing in Cleary within two weeks. 

Option 1: trade out Tohu and Brooks for Schuster and Cleary.
    Pros: Get Cleary, ditch Brooks who could become a liability very soon, get Cleary in one week (if playing). 
    Cons: Trading two healthy bodies, Tohu gun keeper, Tohu only edge cover

Edit: Re italics above, I've noticed I could play Alvaro in my starting MIDs and bring Angus to the bench for Edge cover. Posting again below for a TU/TD team analysis.

Option 2: trade Brooks + Turpin to Schuster + basement (verills?) To leave 600k in bank. Then trade middy (Tino?) to Cleary next week. 
    Pros: Get Cleary, cut some dead weight, start more cash generation (Schu)
    Cons: Using three trades to get Cleary, miss this week's score (if playing)

Thoughts on either option? At this point I'm leaning do neither, but could easily be convinced. Current lineup to help analysis:

JBrailey 
    Angus(C) Watson Tino 
    Tupouniua Riki 
    Fogarty Brooks 
    Momo Remis 
    Teddy Papy Laurie 

Really sounds like tearing apart your team either way. The least damaging is Option B. Last year, I tore my team apart for McInnes. Was great for 3-4 rounds, then I capitulated. Probably my worst season due to lack of cash gen. Option B seems like the most viable way to maintain cash gen AND get Cleary
    Rapture_NRL
    Rapture_NRL

Post by Rapture_NRL Tue Mar 23, 2021 6:26 am

Snatchpato wrote:
    Hey mate, I appreciate the feedback. I just want to add that while Brooks is a 53 AVG on paper, I've watched his last two games closely and he's not passing the eye-test. His 64 in R1 consisted of 2 goals, and an extra 80 KM, which is 8 points less in those stats if Douehi was playing who is taking some KM and kicking goals now. Brooks might prove me wrong and continue averaging strongly, however I just don't see how he can keep this average up and I see him dropping cash in the next few weeks with a BE this week of 38.

With all that said, your point about tearing the team apart is a good one. I'm personally very on the fence because I love the reliability that Tohu brings me, it's why I started with him despite him not having much more upside. It feels like I'm chasing points on a surface level, but I know that Cleary is a phenomenal player both IRL and in Fantasy, and he was by far my strongest performer last year, so I love his reliability as well. He's got such a high floor, that I feel like trading Tohu for him would be a fair trade in reliability, however an ~10 point upside (plus set-and-forget captaincy). Schuster is indeed unknown, and if I could be guaranteed a 40 pt average from him it would be a no-brainer, but nothing in Fantasy is a guarantee.

I appreciate your thoughts, every bit of feedback helps me frame my decisions better.

I'm trying to work out a way to get him. Tbh, my team kept up with the Cleary teams last week. Just hurts when he outscores both your halves combined lol but I have to build bank to get him, and a lack of decent cows this year is gonna make any plan difficult
    Rapture_NRL
    Rapture_NRL

Post by Rapture_NRL Tue Mar 23, 2021 6:29 am

If Schuster gets the start, Munster gets the boot. Please make it happen Des.

Also, anybody without Pap can wait a week while playing Penriff.

I don't have Cleary, so I'm interested to see how this game goes. Hopefully enough to stall his price rises lol
    rhinoceroo
    rhinoceroo
    Fanatic

Post by rhinoceroo Tue Mar 23, 2021 6:37 am

Rapture_NRL wrote:Milf has been very poor and I bet half the attitude and culture comes from him because the young guys would be looking up to him. The last time I actually saw him play anywhere near what his salary indicates was a period in 2019.

Know what you mean but SJ is (was) one of the most purely talented halves of the last decade so don't think Croft does have the skillset really.
    ShadowSabre
    ShadowSabre

Post by ShadowSabre Tue Mar 23, 2021 6:41 am

Snatchpato wrote:

Yea certainly Brooks is an eyesore to watch and if I owned him I would probably just not watch Tigers matches to feel more comfortable. But much like Lewis, while being a shocker IRL Brooks seems to have a knack while currently being their leader in attack to score in Fantasy. If that changes then yea I would be concerned

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 10:55 pm