NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 19 - I told you so

Rapture_NRL
    Rapture_NRL

NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 19 - I told you so  - Page 46 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 19 - I told you so

Post by Rapture_NRL Tue Mar 23, 2021 2:44 am

rhinoceroo wrote:

Know what you mean but SJ is (was) one of the most purely talented halves of the last decade so don't think Croft does have the skillset really.

Yeah no way he's an SJ talent, I meant more he has the skill set to be a good half, just tries too hard. Like Cronk, without the level head
    ShadowSabre
    ShadowSabre

NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 19 - I told you so  - Page 46 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 19 - I told you so

Post by ShadowSabre Tue Mar 23, 2021 2:45 am

Rapture_NRL wrote:If Schuster gets the start, Munster gets the boot. Please make it happen Des.

Also, anybody without Pap can wait a week while playing Penriff.

I don't have Cleary, so I'm interested to see how this game goes. Hopefully enough to stall his price rises lol

Not sure about the wait a week call on Pap. We all saw in the GF last year that he can step up against anyone (Not a huge fantasy score but cut a game open skills with added GK on this year) and his score last week in horrid conditions was pretty great.
    IMO they will be pissed off at their performance last week, so won't be surprised if they go all out attack again like round 1, with Pap the focus of that!
    Rapture_NRL
    Rapture_NRL

Post by Rapture_NRL Tue Mar 23, 2021 2:53 am

ShadowSabre wrote:

Not sure about the wait a week call on Pap. We all saw in the GF last year that he can step up against anyone (Not a huge fantasy score but cut a game open skills with added GK on this year) and his score last week in horrid conditions was pretty great.
    IMO they will be pissed off at their performance last week, so won't be surprised if they go all out attack again like round 1, with Pap the focus of that!

Could be right. I just mean, those who have Teddy but no Pap, and have Laurie, won't need to break the bank to get him in this week
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Fanatic

Post by Liverpool_Bulldog Tue Mar 23, 2021 2:57 am

I’m keen to get Teddy, but think Fifita is the pressing issue before I think of how to get a Teddy in.

Would be nice though
    Papadontbleach
    Papadontbleach

Post by Papadontbleach Tue Mar 23, 2021 3:13 am

Snatchpato wrote:I've got 2 options for bringing in Cleary within two weeks. 

Option 1: trade out Tohu and Brooks for Schuster and Cleary.
    Pros: Get Cleary, ditch Brooks who could become a liability very soon, get Cleary in one week (if playing). 
    Cons: Trading two healthy bodies, Tohu gun keeper, Tohu only edge cover

Edit: Re italics above, I've noticed I could play Alvaro in my starting MIDs and bring Angus to the bench for Edge cover. Posting again below for a TU/TD team analysis.

Option 2: trade Brooks + Turpin to Schuster + basement (verills?) To leave 600k in bank. Then trade middy (Tino?) to Cleary next week. 
    Pros: Get Cleary, cut some dead weight, start more cash generation (Schu)
    Cons: Using three trades to get Cleary, miss this week's score (if playing)

Thoughts on either option? At this point I'm leaning do neither, but could easily be convinced. Current lineup to help analysis:

JBrailey 
    Angus(C) Watson Tino 
    Tupouniua Riki 
    Fogarty Brooks 
    Momo Remis 
    Teddy Papy Laurie 

Tohu Liddle Turpin Alvaro 
    Niu Leniu Averillo Faamusili

I think the patient route is the way to go.
    Rapture_NRL
    Rapture_NRL

Post by Rapture_NRL Tue Mar 23, 2021 3:18 am

Liverpool_Bulldog wrote:I’m keen to get Teddy, but think Fifita is the pressing issue before I think of how to get a Teddy in.

Would be nice though

If you have Pap, I would focus on Defeater. Edge is very scant on guns, but a WFB of Pap & Laurie is not an urgent concern
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Fanatic

Post by Liverpool_Bulldog Tue Mar 23, 2021 3:24 am

Rapture_NRL wrote:

If you have Pap, I would focus on Defeater. Edge is very scant on guns, but a WFB of Pap & Laurie is not an urgent concern

Yeah can’t seem to think of anymore must haves at this stage
    ShadowSabre
    ShadowSabre

Post by ShadowSabre Tue Mar 23, 2021 3:25 am

Just can't decide what to do with Tino. 90% sure he will get between 30 and 42 this week, but 10% of me is wary of that big score he has in him at some point with a try, hmmm
    Rapture_NRL
    Rapture_NRL

Post by Rapture_NRL Tue Mar 23, 2021 3:41 am

ShadowSabre wrote:Just can't decide what to do with Tino. 90% sure he will get between 30 and 42 this week, but 10% of me is wary of that big score he has in him at some point with a try, hmmm

Depends who you trade him to. Gotta think long term average
    Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Tue Mar 23, 2021 3:45 am

@snatchpotato I wouldn’t be trading Harris for Cleary. Harris one of the Uber edge guys you want end of season. Plus he doesn’t play origin and that’s rare for a 60+ scorer

I don’t mind building bank through some of your mid guys, for price differential Schuster/Alvaro can potentially match guys like Tino for a shed load less, it wastes trades but adding Cleary for an extra 7/8 games before origin could be worth it
    rhinoceroo
    rhinoceroo
    Fanatic

Post by rhinoceroo Tue Mar 23, 2021 4:04 am

Cleary passed his HIA and would have been back on the field if it'd happened in the 50th minute not the 70th. Why are the media going off about him missing the next game?
    Teeth Eater
    Teeth Eater

Post by Teeth Eater Tue Mar 23, 2021 4:07 am

rhinoceroo wrote:Cleary passed his HIA and would have been back on the field if it'd happened in the 50th minute not the 70th. Why are the media going off about him missing the next game?

Did you chaps see 100% Footy last night? That media guy on the panel (always forget his name) was allegedly hearing word that they were going to go the cautious route and give him the week off because it's only R3 and they didn't want to take any risks.

Gus seemed to be of the opinion he'd be playing, though.
    Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Tue Mar 23, 2021 4:09 am

rhinoceroo wrote:Cleary passed his HIA and would have been back on the field if it'd happened in the 50th minute not the 70th. Why are the media going off about him missing the next game?
    Because of concussion symptoms after the fact. Passing the HIA just means you can re enter the game in that instance, doesn’t mean they don’t develop symptoms in the hours/days after. Sure Matterson has passed on field but missed the game following.

Cleary will be fine I’d guess mate, technically with less game turnaround he’s got less days to develop symptoms
    Teeth Eater
    Teeth Eater

Post by Teeth Eater Tue Mar 23, 2021 4:13 am

Snatchpato wrote:I've got 2 options for bringing in Cleary within two weeks. 

Option 1: trade out Tohu and Brooks for Schuster and Cleary.
    Pros: Get Cleary, ditch Brooks who could become a liability very soon, get Cleary in one week (if playing). 
    Cons: Trading two healthy bodies, Tohu gun keeper, Tohu only edge cover

Edit: Re italics above, I've noticed I could play Alvaro in my starting MIDs and bring Angus to the bench for Edge cover. Posting again below for a TU/TD team analysis.

Option 2: trade Brooks + Turpin to Schuster + basement (verills?) To leave 600k in bank. Then trade middy (Tino?) to Cleary next week. 
    Pros: Get Cleary, cut some dead weight, start more cash generation (Schu)
    Cons: Using three trades to get Cleary, miss this week's score (if playing)

Thoughts on either option? At this point I'm leaning do neither, but could easily be convinced. Current lineup to help analysis:

JBrailey 
    Angus(C) Watson Tino 
    Tupouniua Riki 
    Fogarty Brooks 
    Momo Remis 
    Teddy Papy Laurie 

Tohu Liddle Turpin Alvaro 
    Niu Leniu Averillo Faamusili

As others have noted, both seem a little tear-your-team-apart-ish to me, but if I was going to do one of them it'd definitely be Option 2. Not a chance I'd be considering Tohu as a trade out option. I'm personally not mad keen on option 2 either, but if you're that set on Cleary it'd be the route I'd go over Option 1.

For the record I own both Turpin and Brooks and share your concern about them. I'm holding but I can understand your thinking here.
    rhinoceroo
    rhinoceroo
    Fanatic

Post by rhinoceroo Tue Mar 23, 2021 4:21 am

Welshy wrote:
    Because of concussion symptoms after the fact. Passing the HIA just means you can re enter the game in that instance, doesn’t mean they don’t develop symptoms in the hours/days after. Sure Matterson has passed on field but missed the game following.

Cleary will be fine I’d guess mate, technically with less game turnaround he’s got less days to develop symptoms

Sounds like coach/media games. Doubt Bellamy will be preparing for a Cleary-less Panthers though.
    Teeth Eater
    Teeth Eater

Post by Teeth Eater Tue Mar 23, 2021 4:22 am

Still preferring to hold Matterson if I can, but I've noticed that if he is out for a while I could pick up the likes of a Lindsay Collins, Josh Jackson, Adam Elliot or (4th in the pecking order) Isaiah Papalii.

It means I waste an early trade on a likely keeper, but I get a similar scorer that keeps the points and dollars ticking over for the next month or so. Three options also leave me with $150K in the bank and Elliot would leave me with over $100K.

If I was that way inclined, the guy I pick may have peaked by the time Matterson returns and I could swap back for around the same after Matterson's price drops. Or I could swap out someone else, if this guy's still performing?

If Matterson only misses one or two weeks I'll probably still hold him, but thinking if 3+ weeks is looking likely that this might be the more sensible route to take?
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Tue Mar 23, 2021 4:24 am

Teeth Eater wrote:Still preferring to hold Matterson if I can, but I've noticed that if he is out for a while I could pick up the likes of a Lindsay Collins, Josh Jackson, Adam Elliot or (4th in the pecking order) Isaiah Papalii.

It means I waste an early trade on a likely keeper, but I get a similar scorer that keeps the points and dollars ticking over for the next month or so. Three options also leave me with $150K in the bank and Elliot would leave me with over $100K.

If I was that way inclined, the guy I pick may have peaked by the time Matterson returns and I could swap back for around the same after Matterson's price drops. Or I could swap out someone else, if this guy's still performing?

If Matterson only misses one or two weeks I'll probably still hold him, but thinking if 3+ weeks is looking likely that this might be the more sensible route to take?  

Sounds like you really want to hold Matto. Maybe wait for more news mate before pulling trigger. While I can see him resting for a bit, you'd punch yourself if you traded him and he were back the next week.
    Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Tue Mar 23, 2021 4:25 am

rhinoceroo wrote:

Sounds like coach/media games. Doubt Bellamy will be preparing for a Cleary-less Panthers though.
    Zero chance Bellyache backs a gameplan in with no Cleary. Fully expect him to play
    Teeth Eater
    Teeth Eater

Post by Teeth Eater Tue Mar 23, 2021 4:33 am

wolfking wrote:

Sounds like you really want to hold Matto.  Maybe wait for more news mate before pulling trigger.  While I can see him resting for a bit, you'd punch yourself if you traded him and he were back the next week.

Yeah, definitely. I'll have my usual day tomorrow, full of podcast listening to see what the word on the streets is. A few Supercoach podcasts have a bit more info around injuries and expected return dates etc. and I know Matterson is a madly popular player in Supercoach, so I am sure he'll be well covered tomorrow. So I'll soak up all that info and make my call on the situation tomorrow afternoon.

My biggest worry is an undefined return date. A one or two weeks, which turns into three, then four, maybe five. Appreciate it's a different ballgame when it comes to concussions, but I'm really hoping for something definite, either way.
    Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Tue Mar 23, 2021 4:35 am

I’m Teeth Eater wrote:Still preferring to hold Matterson if I can, but I've noticed that if he is out for a while I could pick up the likes of a Lindsay Collins, Josh Jackson, Adam Elliot or (4th in the pecking order) Isaiah Papalii.

Big risk would be Jackson, if he continues his role and scoring can get up to Mattersons price and beyond whilst banking 150k. Matterson under big risk of missing plenty of season with another knock adding to already long list

Current date/time is Wed May 08, 2024 4:43 am