NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2021 - Part 12 - The Day of Reckoning - Rebirth of the MILF

Rapture_NRL
    Rapture_NRL

NRL Fantasy 2021 - Part 12 - The Day of Reckoning - Rebirth of the MILF - Page 28 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2021 - Part 12 - The Day of Reckoning - Rebirth of the MILF

Post by Rapture_NRL Fri Mar 12, 2021 4:21 am

GreenMachine wrote:

100%

Someone already talking Smith to Arrow. I thought Brandon Smith looked really good. His scooting will end up getting some tackle busts and line breaks. None out there today, but role good for now

I'm glad I didn't get him, but he played 69 Razz minutes in a game that was full of Rabbits turnovers i.e. less tackles. Wouldn't be too concerned after that game. Apart from the FBs and Arrow, pretty mediocre scores all around
    rhinoceroo
    rhinoceroo
    Fanatic

NRL Fantasy 2021 - Part 12 - The Day of Reckoning - Rebirth of the MILF - Page 28 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2021 - Part 12 - The Day of Reckoning - Rebirth of the MILF

Post by rhinoceroo Fri Mar 12, 2021 4:37 am

Rapture_NRL wrote:

I'm glad I didn't get him, but he played 69 Razz minutes in a game that was full of Rabbits turnovers i.e. less tackles. Wouldn't be too concerned after that game. Apart from the FBs and Arrow, pretty mediocre scores all around

Yeah, he still topped the Storm tackle count, it was just that that figure was 35 not 60 because of all the turnovers. And every tackle was a good one, not a third man flop.

He really is (non-fantasy) such a good player. Grant's superb too but Cheese is (different style) at least his equal, just Grant gets more hype because he's an Aussie and Smith's a Kiwi, but that's always the way. Count the number of dummy half passes that were off the mark (approx zero) and compare that to Cook. He *can* do flash, but didn't last night... for fantasy I'd hope for a few bigger runs in weeks to come. Would easily start at every other club bar Raiders/Panthers/Souths and would have a case for a couple of those too.
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Fanatic

Post by Liverpool_Bulldog Fri Mar 12, 2021 4:51 am

Pappy and Welch get a pass mark.

Some shades of last years ownership of Munster coming back, needing a try to get past the half century.

NAS bit of a concern but will hold.
    Rapture_NRL
    Rapture_NRL

Post by Rapture_NRL Fri Mar 12, 2021 4:52 am

rhinoceroo wrote:

Yeah, he still topped the Storm tackle count, it was just that that figure was 35 not 60 because of all the turnovers. And every tackle was a good one, not a third man flop.

He really is (non-fantasy) such a good player. Grant's superb too but Cheese is (different style) at least his equal, just Grant gets more hype because he's an Aussie and Smith's a Kiwi, but that's always the way. Count the number of dummy half passes that were off the mark (approx zero) and compare that to Cook. He *can* do flash, but didn't last night... for fantasy I'd hope for a few bigger runs in weeks to come. Would easily start at every other club bar Raiders/Panthers/Souths and would have a case for a couple of those too.

Interesting. I guess I never noticed that before.

I'm a big fan of his, and I watched him closely last night because I almost went with him. He looked really good IRL, and a couple of scoots he almost broke the line, or almost broke free of a few tackles. Wouldn't be concerned if I owned him

Another note, Cook was poor IRL which I don't understand. His service was very average. Seemed off. Great for us non-owners, but his low scores are meant to be 40s lol
    Rapture_NRL
    Rapture_NRL

Post by Rapture_NRL Fri Mar 12, 2021 4:54 am

Liverpool_Bulldog wrote:Pappy and Welch get a pass mark.

Some shades of last years ownership of Munster coming back, needing a try to get past the half century.

NAS bit of a concern but will hold.

Agreed. I was a bit annoyed with Welch, but game in context, I think that is solid enough to keep for now.

Not sure why Munster went non-existent second half. Too many of the wrong meat pies over the break?
    Moanaman
    Moanaman

Post by Moanaman Fri Mar 12, 2021 4:55 am

rhinoceroo wrote:just Grant gets more hype because he's an Aussie and Smith's a Kiwi, but that's always the way.

After all, we Kiwi's are just "trash" that needs taking out
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Fanatic

Post by Liverpool_Bulldog Fri Mar 12, 2021 4:58 am

Rapture_NRL wrote:

Agreed. I was a bit annoyed with Welch, but game in context, I think that is solid enough to keep for now.

Not sure why Munster went non-existent second half. Too many of the wrong meat pies over the break?

I’m hoping the turnovers and low tackle count is enough of a reason to hold NAS but 45 minutes will not cut the mustard I’m sorry. Would be rude to turf him after one game but will need to see something next week
    Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Fri Mar 12, 2021 5:04 am

Love Smith but after watching Grant in his first year, he’s already a better hooker.

Smith is more of a lock and that’s fine, think he’s better suited to having ball in his hands and going over organising
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Fanatic

Post by Liverpool_Bulldog Fri Mar 12, 2021 5:16 am

Oh RSmith, not looking good there haha

At least it’s an easy decision

Last edited by Liverpool_Bulldog on Fri Mar 12, 2021 5:24 am; edited 1 time in total
    rhinoceroo
    rhinoceroo
    Fanatic

Post by rhinoceroo Fri Mar 12, 2021 5:19 am

Welshy wrote:Love Smith but after watching Grant in his first year, he’s already a better hooker.

Smith is more of a lock and that’s fine, think he’s better suited to having ball in his hands and going over organising

They're different styles and bring different things to 9 but hard to say one is better than the other. They're both top 5 in the league. If pushed I'd veer towards Smith if you've got a top organising half in your team and Grant if you don't. Hooker's Smith's best position, but he can play lock as well rather than the other way round. Grant (like Cam Smith) could probably play in the halves. Good to see them play against each other in test football...
    WT Winfield
    WT Winfield

Post by WT Winfield Fri Mar 12, 2021 5:35 am

rhinoceroo wrote:just Grant gets more hype because he's an Aussie and Smith's a Kiwi, but that's always the way.

Moanaman wrote:After all, we Kiwi's are just "trash" that needs taking out

Wtf? Laughing Grant looks the naturally more talented hooker in the limited time we've seen him. Do you think Bellamy is Aus-biased too with Grant as his first-choice?

Pretty much everyone would be happy to have either at their club, and Smith has the added bonus of not playing origin from that perspective. Grant will be in the headlines during the origin period, but isn't exactly unwarranted hype when they're the biggest games of the year.

There's also the shiny new toy factor currently, but we'll see who, if any were overhyped in a few more years.

Anyway I blew too early on the substances last night and passed out at halftime. Hopefully better prepared tonight with the earlier start.

All these bloody Milf avatars. Would rather the alternative type. Feels weird reading WT2K's cool, calm and collected posts in MilfordtheMagician's voice Laughing
    Iron Mike
    Iron Mike

Post by Iron Mike Fri Mar 12, 2021 5:49 am

Only Welch and BSmith for me going over what they are priced in a pretty low scoring game.

2 Forced Turnovers saved/negated Welch's 4 missed tackles, but thought he was immense last night.

Both Storm and Rabbitohs shift the ball a lot compared to other teams so naturally the game was down on tackles for the middies.

Might be the year of the fullback. Don't have Papy or Latrell but will see what Teddy and RTS can do tomorrow.

Papy with 2 tries and a try assist with 77, and 10 of that from goalkicking. If that was Teddy it would be 100.

Iron Mike
    Iron Mike

Post by Iron Mike Fri Mar 12, 2021 5:53 am

And also Host is still a plodder. Can't rely on him for your 17 and won't make enough cash fast enough. Anyone know why Su'a only played 37 mins?
    Rotations were a bit weird.

Arrow was immense.
    Moanaman
    Moanaman

Post by Moanaman Fri Mar 12, 2021 5:54 am

Moanaman wrote:After all, we Kiwi's are just "trash" that needs taking out

WT Winfield wrote:Wtf? Laughing Grant looks the naturally more talented hooker in the limited time we've seen him. Do you think Bellamy is Aus-biased too with Grant as his first-choice?

https://www.9news.com.au/national/con-air-serious-criminals-deported-from-australia-on-secret-flights/fea4df40-178f-457e-be68-330826e9eaf9
    rhinoceroo
    rhinoceroo
    Fanatic

Post by rhinoceroo Fri Mar 12, 2021 6:01 am

WT Winfield wrote:

Wtf? Laughing Grant looks the naturally more talented hooker in the limited time we've seen him. Do you think Bellamy is Aus-biased too with Grant as his first-choice?

Pretty much everyone would be happy to have either at their club, and Smith has the added bonus of not playing origin from that perspective. Grant will be in the headlines during the origin period, but isn't exactly unwarranted hype when they're the biggest games of the year.

There's also the shiny new toy factor currently, but we'll see who, if any were overhyped in a few more years.

Anyway I blew too early on the substances last night and passed out at halftime. Hopefully better prepared tonight with the earlier start.

All these bloody Milf avatars. Would rather the alternative type. Feels weird reading WT2K's cool, calm and collected posts in MilfordtheMagician's voice Laughing

Nah, I don't think Bellamy is Aus biased, I think he knows Grant 9, Smith 13/14 is better for the Storm than the other way round. I'm not arguing either way for one better than the other as a nine, they'll be the two best for a while to come.

Rothfield* and the Daily Telegraph and the former Aussie internationals on Fox Sports... yeah they're Aus biased pretty much

*Having said that, I've just looked at Buzz's top 50 and Grant and Smith are two of the top three hookers listed, with Cook in between them. Having Grant ahead of Taumalolo and RTS already is a bit *waves hands* though.
    Camo123
    Camo123
    Fanatic

Post by Camo123 Fri Mar 12, 2021 6:21 am

Best thing about the Pap score is if Cleary randomly pulls out it's a great VC score to have as captain

Pap my only player last night, was dilly-dallying between Host and Fuimaono but stayed with the masterstroke/trap (yet to be determined) of Fui.
    Chewie
    Chewie
    Fanatic

Post by Chewie Fri Mar 12, 2021 6:22 am

GreenMachine wrote:

100%

Someone already talking Smith to Arrow. I thought Brandon Smith looked really good. His scooting will end up getting some tackle busts and line breaks. None out there today, but role good for now

yeah I can't believe someone would suggest such a trade Embarassed

BSmith played well, it just didn't translate to fantasy. I like to pick up a few players as placeholders in round 1, who if they don't score well enough can be traded to a cow... currently in my team I have BSmith, Brooks and Hoy as placeholders. I may go BSmith to Arrow, but I'm sure there will be more urgent trades before the round is over Razz
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Fri Mar 12, 2021 6:26 am

Already thinking something silly like downgrading Lam to Croker to get heaps of coin to get Latrell or Arrow in. But there will more thoughts like this over the weekend no doubt.
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Fanatic

Post by Liverpool_Bulldog Fri Mar 12, 2021 6:29 am

Chewie wrote:

yeah I can't believe someone would suggest such a trade Embarassed

BSmith played well, it just didn't translate to fantasy. I like to pick up a few players as placeholders in round 1, who if they don't score well enough can be traded to a cow... currently in my team I have BSmith, Brooks and Hoy as placeholders. I may go BSmith to Arrow, but I'm sure there will be more urgent trades before the round is over Razz

NAS to Arrow will cost me 50k hmm

Who knows what the rest of the round holds
    Ponga Yeo the Mann
    Ponga Yeo the Mann

Post by Ponga Yeo the Mann Fri Mar 12, 2021 6:41 am

NRL Fantasy 2021 - Part 12 - The Day of Reckoning - Rebirth of the MILF - Page 28 Giphy

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:02 pm