NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2021 - Part 12 - The Day of Reckoning - Rebirth of the MILF

Welshy
    Welshy

NRL Fantasy 2021 - Part 12 - The Day of Reckoning - Rebirth of the MILF - Page 29 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2021 - Part 12 - The Day of Reckoning - Rebirth of the MILF

Post by Welshy Fri Mar 12, 2021 7:54 am

Happens every year by end of the round there will be a few more must haves added to the trade in now list
    And we’ll be like, shit almost forgot about Latrell.Very Happy

It’s incredibly annoying when a player you might of wanted goes large but realistically we’ve all had loads of players in and out and they have all been talked about on here, some are always gong to start strong

One thing that is definitely worth considering is maybe making some free swaps to generate some bank to get in someone who starts well and has a low BE like Latrell
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

NRL Fantasy 2021 - Part 12 - The Day of Reckoning - Rebirth of the MILF - Page 29 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2021 - Part 12 - The Day of Reckoning - Rebirth of the MILF

Post by Milchcow Fri Mar 12, 2021 7:57 am

This definitely isn't like 2020, where Latrell Mitchell turned it on against the Storm for a huge score, before putting up some mediocre scores a month later.
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Fri Mar 12, 2021 7:58 am

Host going from a perfectly acceptable 32 down to 26 is just annoying.

Wasn't supposed to be a superstar, just a cheap player putting up acceptable scores to allow the expensive guns to do their job.
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Fri Mar 12, 2021 7:59 am

Welshy wrote:
    One thing that is definitely worth considering is maybe making some free swaps to generate some bank to get in someone who starts well and has a low BE like Latrell

Yeah, but you would hate to make a free swap and that in itself then backfires. That's what I'm afraid of.
    SilverBackMonster
    SilverBackMonster

Post by SilverBackMonster Fri Mar 12, 2021 7:59 am

Iron Mike wrote:And also Host is still a plodder. Can't rely on him for your 17 and won't make enough cash fast enough. Anyone know why Su'a only played 37 mins?
    Rotations were a bit weird.

Arrow was immense.

Brandy mentioned in commentary, that Sua and Reynolds were not communicating in defence and needed it sorted ASAP. Maybe that had something to do with it.
    multiple.scoregasms
    multiple.scoregasms

Post by multiple.scoregasms Fri Mar 12, 2021 7:59 am

Seeing plenty of over reactions so far. My thoughts on a few popular players

Papy - Didn't start with him because I structured my team to not have 2 gun wfbs. This kind of game was always in his range of scores and he played the kind of role I expected. IF Papy came out and started dominating general play kicking I would be ripping my team apart to grab him. He didn't so it's the same scorer as last year that happened to score 2 tries today.

Munster - Looked really good in the first half and then put the cue in the rack at half time. At that time he was leading general play kicking, but expected the final numbers to be close. Split the kicking fairly evenly with Hughes so not sure he has the fantasy upside I expected.

Welch - Had an incredible game but didn't translate to fantasy. 4 missed tackles that didn't hurt the team, as well as a dropped ball for what would have been a 20 point try. Happy with the role, happy with the pick.

BSmith - Didn't pick him, but surely those that did knew his play style. Never been a tackle bot, so bulk of his big scores were going to come from running game and attacking stats

NAS - Did what it said on the tin. Won't make the quick 150k some expected while Grant and Finucane are out, probably one to move on if you have other problems

Kamikamica - Seemed to the beneficiary of extra minutes in the pack from Tino/Finucane/Grant not being available. Congrats to all that took the risk, but probably not worth grabbing him

Reimis Smith - Got done by a few dodgy missed tackles on Latrell. Looked busy in the first half, but didn't do too much once the game was over. Was in space with the chance to score, but Papy threw the dummy and went himself.

Latrell - Same lazy player he has always been, that turns it on for a few games at a time. I wouldn't be tearing my team apart to get him

Arrow - Was one that was in a lot of my drafts, disappeared once he was named on the bench + news of a lingering hammy. Same bloke who has scored 80s and 90s in less than 65 minutes on many occasions. If he keeps the bench role he is a pass, if he starts he is one to consider, but would want a week to see the rotation first. Won't be getting 5 tbs each week and needs the minutes to sustain scores

Murray - Played big minutes shuffling between middle and edge. One to watch if that kind of role continues, but think he is a better fantasy scorer with 2x30 minute stints in the middle.

Cook - Few uncharacteristic missed tackles, but nothing to be too worried about. Game was very side to side so he didn't need to make too many tackles.Whenever one marker was on the ground, the other would drop back into the space to limit Cook, shifting the danger out wide.

Host - Same plodder he has always been. Turgess injury might have saved his spot in the starting side. I would be very concerned if I owned him. Fails the "shit at footy test"

my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Fri Mar 12, 2021 8:06 am

Cook is the one to watch for me. Hopefully BS9 and Cook's price can get closer to each other in a few weeks time. Be nice to pick Cook up the week before he hits a tonne

I was close to starting with Latrell but it doesn't matter now, can't get last nights score and I'm not going to do backflips to get him in.

Last edited by my tv broke on Fri Mar 12, 2021 8:09 am; edited 2 times in total
    Iron Mike
    Iron Mike

Post by Iron Mike Fri Mar 12, 2021 8:07 am

I think I'm going to stick strong with the 21 I chose and not going to make any rollout changes based on games gone.

Arrow and Mitchell look great but so will others by the end of the weekend.

Theres always 2 trades at the end of the weekend.

Say if I downgraded Hoy to Simonsson to free up $70k and play Laurie whats to say Hoy doesn't score a 60. I would be pissed.
    robelgordo
    robelgordo
    Fanatic

Post by robelgordo Fri Mar 12, 2021 8:08 am

I can’t believe I went with the Host trap instead of the Fui trap. Season ruined already.
    robelgordo
    robelgordo
    Fanatic

Post by robelgordo Fri Mar 12, 2021 8:09 am

multiple.scoregasms wrote:Seeing plenty of over reactions so far. My thoughts on a few popular players

Papy - Didn't start with him because I structured my team to not have 2 gun wfbs. This kind of game was always in his range of scores and he played the kind of role I expected. IF Papy came out and started dominating general play kicking I would be ripping my team apart to grab him. He didn't so it's the same scorer as last year that happened to score 2 tries today.

Munster - Looked really good in the first half and then put the cue in the rack at half time. At that time he was leading general play kicking, but expected the final numbers to be close. Split the kicking fairly evenly with Hughes so not sure he has the fantasy upside I expected.

Welch - Had an incredible game but didn't translate to fantasy. 4 missed tackles that didn't hurt the team, as well as a dropped ball for what would have been a 20 point try. Happy with the role, happy with the pick.

BSmith - Didn't pick him, but surely those that did knew his play style. Never been a tackle bot, so bulk of his big scores were going to come from running game and attacking stats

NAS - Did what it said on the tin. Won't make the quick 150k some expected while Grant and Finucane are out, probably one to move on if you have other problems

Kamikamica - Seemed to the beneficiary of extra minutes in the pack from Tino/Finucane/Grant not being available. Congrats to all that took the risk, but probably not worth grabbing him

Reimis Smith - Got done by a few dodgy missed tackles on Latrell. Looked busy in the first half, but didn't do too much once the game was over. Was in space with the chance to score, but Papy threw the dummy and went himself.

Latrell - Same lazy player he has always been, that turns it on for a few games at a time. I wouldn't be tearing my team apart to get him

Arrow - Was one that was in a lot of my drafts, disappeared once he was named on the bench + news of a lingering hammy. Same bloke who has scored 80s and 90s in less than 65 minutes on many occasions. If he keeps the bench role he is a pass, if he starts he is one to consider, but would want a week to see the rotation first. Won't be getting 5 tbs each week and needs the minutes to sustain scores

Murray - Played big minutes shuffling between middle and edge. One to watch if that kind of role continues, but think he is a better fantasy scorer with 2x30 minute stints in the middle.

Cook - Few uncharacteristic missed tackles, but nothing to be too worried about. Game was very side to side so he didn't need to make too many tackles.Whenever one marker was on the ground, the other would drop back into the space to limit Cook, shifting the danger out wide.

Host - Same plodder he has always been. Turgess injury might have saved his spot in the starting side. I would be very concerned if I owned him. Fails the "shit at footy test"

Good post.

There was nothing in that game last night that changed much fantasy wise IMO
    rhinoceroo
    rhinoceroo
    Fanatic

Post by rhinoceroo Fri Mar 12, 2021 8:13 am

my tv broke wrote:Cook is the one to watch for me. Hopefully BS9 and Cook's price can get closer to each other in a few weeks time. Be nice to pick Cook up the week before he hits a tonne

I was close to starting with Latrell but it doesn't matter now, can't get last nights score and I'm not going to do backflips to get him in.

Souths forum are really down on Cook. I mean really play-Benji-at-hooker down. Don't know if the original Rabbit is on there.
    Loomer
    Loomer

Post by Loomer Fri Mar 12, 2021 8:16 am

Assuming Averillo starts I should play him over Niu right?

TU: Averillo
    TD: Niu
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Fri Mar 12, 2021 8:18 am

rhinoceroo wrote:

Souths forum are really down on Cook. I mean really play-Benji-at-hooker down. Don't know if the original Rabbit is on there.

lol@soufs forum

Interview on NRL.com with Todd Payten, not too revealing but he said he is happy to play Holmes on the wing, doesn't care what anyone is being paid, will pick the best team he can. Same goes for Clifford, off to newcastle next year, but if he's the best fit for the halves he will be picked there.

Also mentioned they are really keen on Dearden and hoping to have a decision soon. Sort of surprising to see a head coach be honest about a young player they're chasing.

Last edited by my tv broke on Fri Mar 12, 2021 8:18 am; edited 1 time in total
    Iron Mike
    Iron Mike

Post by Iron Mike Fri Mar 12, 2021 8:18 am

my tv broke wrote:Cook is the one to watch for me. Hopefully BS9 and Cook's price can meet at the middle in a few weeks time. Be nice to pick Cook up the week before he hits a tonne

This, I'm not sure I can pick up Latrell now for $50K more than others have.

Also on arrow, he scored 74 but added 13 with 2 forced turnovers and a try save. Not sure the 13 points from this and the 5 tackle breaks are sustainable. An extra 28 points.
    whall15
    whall15

Post by whall15 Fri Mar 12, 2021 8:18 am

I disagree with Latrell being lazy last night, he had the most running metres and the 2nd most runs last night.
    rhinoceroo
    rhinoceroo
    Fanatic

Post by rhinoceroo Fri Mar 12, 2021 8:20 am

my tv broke wrote:Cook is the one to watch for me. Hopefully BS9 and Cook's price can get closer to each other in a few weeks time. Be nice to pick Cook up the week before he hits a tonne

Yeah, I'm torn on chasing Latrell. He *is* someone who can bust out a 60 average for a month and make 200k in no time given his BE will be about 10 this week. My inner trader knows you can rarely buy at the absolute lowest and sell at the highest, but you can still get close... would be a straightforward money play and tbh he was more involved last night even than in his goodish games last year.

Last edited by rhinoceroo on Fri Mar 12, 2021 8:20 am; edited 1 time in total
    robelgordo
    robelgordo
    Fanatic

Post by robelgordo Fri Mar 12, 2021 8:20 am

rhinoceroo wrote:

Lol classic

I thought he was pretty ordinary last night, his service was very average. But he didn’t have a lot of quick play the balls to play off either. he’s obviously going to come back

If I was a souths fan I’d be stoked that they weren’t blown off the park given how much ball they dropped and how badly they lost the middle
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Fri Mar 12, 2021 8:22 am

rhinoceroo wrote:

Yeah, I'm torn on chasing Latrell. He *is* someone who can bust out a 60 average for a month and make 200k in no time given his BE will be about 10 this week. My inner trader knows you can rarely buy at the absolute lowest and sell at the highest, but you can still get close... would be a straightforward money play and tbh he was more involved last night even than in his goodish games last year.

Just wait til Isaako scores 65 tonight and the Broncos don't look a complete basket case Beer
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Fri Mar 12, 2021 8:24 am

robelgordo wrote:I can’t believe I went with the Host trap instead of the Fui trap. Season ruined already.

Still have the Gosi trap this weekend as well.
    rhinoceroo
    rhinoceroo
    Fanatic

Post by rhinoceroo Fri Mar 12, 2021 8:25 am

my tv broke wrote:

Just wait til Isaako scores 65 tonight and the Broncos don't look a complete basket case Beer

I'm not cruel enough to offer an avatar bet on the possibility of that happening

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:51 pm