NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 4 - Praying that nobody gets hurt

Cookie Monster
    Cookie Monster

NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 4 - Praying that nobody gets hurt - Page 9 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 4 - Praying that nobody gets hurt

Post by Cookie Monster Sat Feb 13, 2021 8:23 pm

Bethany_B wrote:

Yeah same. I currently have Cleary, CHT and Lam as halves, with one of them on the bench and two starting.

You have two halves in your starting team? Revolutionary Wink
    mattnz
    mattnz
    Fanatic

NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 4 - Praying that nobody gets hurt - Page 9 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 4 - Praying that nobody gets hurt

Post by mattnz Sat Feb 13, 2021 8:23 pm

Lrkn wrote:Managed to get my shortlist down to 37 players, still sitting pretty at 0 drafts

Contemplating Jai Arrow right now priced at 45, you'd think if he grabbed 60 minutes at starting lock he could make it 55 considering he's the marquee signing for 2021. This would also be the 4th year I've picked him though so not sure if I can do it to myself again plus he's capable of a stinker here and there
    Murray will get lock.
    Holy Moly
    Holy Moly

Post by Holy Moly Sat Feb 13, 2021 8:45 pm

mattnz wrote:
    Murray will get lock.

So would that then make Arrow an 80min edge player?
    mattnz
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Sat Feb 13, 2021 8:47 pm

Holy Moly wrote:

Just my personal opinion, but could see him start at prop, move to lock when Murray gets a break, then finish at prop again.
    White Lightning
    White Lightning
    Fanatic

Post by White Lightning Sat Feb 13, 2021 8:49 pm

Lrkn wrote:Managed to get my shortlist down to 37 players, still sitting pretty at 0 drafts

Contemplating Jai Arrow right now priced at 45, you'd think if he grabbed 60 minutes at starting lock he could make it 55 considering he's the marquee signing for 2021. This would also be the 4th year I've picked him though so not sure if I can do it to myself again plus he's capable of a stinker here and there

Great player unfortunately he's injury prone
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Sat Feb 13, 2021 8:57 pm

Holy Moly wrote:

I don't think Arrow will play 80 minutes on edge

Potentially he or Murray will get named at edge and move to middle during game. But they are both better as middles.
    mattnz
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Sat Feb 13, 2021 8:58 pm

Haven't seen our resident Roosters junior player that was in SG Ball last season around. Wonder if we get to see him in the trials

Post by Guest Sat Feb 13, 2021 9:19 pm

mattnz wrote:
    Murray will get lock.

One of them will be on the edge at some point and I'd be astonished if it wasn't Murray given they eased him into it last year and he did really well there in the back half of the season

I'd say Murray starts at 12, then moves to the middle once Tatola/Burgess come off after their first stint with Koloamatangi or Host playing on the edge. That way Arrow plays 50-60 mins and Murray 60-70. Obviously that's barring a Wayne curveball which could still come

Last edited by Lrkn on Sat Feb 13, 2021 9:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
    mattnz
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Sat Feb 13, 2021 9:27 pm

New recruit Bryce Cartwright reportedly suffered a broken jaw at training on Friday.

"It's shocking luck for the bloke but the one good thing is that it happened in the pre-season and he shouldn't miss too many weeks of the competition," Eels coach Brad Arthur told Channel Nine.

mattnz
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Sat Feb 13, 2021 9:39 pm

Lrkn wrote:

One of them will be on the edge at some point and I'd be astonished if it wasn't Murray given they eased him into it last year and he did really well there in the back half of the season

I'd say Murray starts at 12, then moves to the middle once Tatola/Burgess come off after their first stint with Koloamatangi or Host playing on the edge. That way Arrow plays 50-60 mins and Murray 60-70. Obviously that's barring a Wayne curveball which could still come
    Murray on the edge looked to be a failed experiment last season, a bit like Ponga in the halves. Spent the first 4 rounds there, then was moved to lock again.

Arrow has never started on an edge.

Post by Guest Sat Feb 13, 2021 9:44 pm

ytsb wrote:

Bugger. What's your opinion on Twal mate? I though he might play 60ish at lock

I still think he plays around that mark. Doesn't = more mins but he's part of the leadership group now.

Post by Guest Sat Feb 13, 2021 10:16 pm

mattnz wrote:
    Murray on the edge looked to be a failed experiment last season, a bit like Ponga in the halves. Spent the first 4 rounds there, then was moved to lock again.

Arrow has never started on an edge.

lmao Ponga played 2 games at 5/8 then went straight back to fullback, Murray had like 15 games last year where he spent time on the edge or at centre (most recent example being the prelim final vs Penrith) you can't compare those two
    mattnz
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Sat Feb 13, 2021 10:27 pm

Lrkn wrote:

lmao Ponga played 2 games at 5/8 then went straight back to fullback, Murray had like 15 games last year where he spent time on the edge or at centre (most recent example being the prelim final vs Penrith) you can't compare those two
    The only time he started on the edge after the failed first 4 games was that prelim final, where Graham was injured, so Sironen played at center, it was a forced team change, not their preferred line up.
    Honey Badger
    Honey Badger

Post by Honey Badger Sat Feb 13, 2021 10:28 pm

Didnt Cook say in an interview Murray will spend some time on the edge to save his body. Whoever gets siros edge may play 60 with murray spending some time there

Post by Guest Sat Feb 13, 2021 10:31 pm

mattnz wrote:
    The only time he started on the edge after the failed first 4 games was that prelim final, where Graham was injured, so Sironen played at center, it was a forced team change, not their preferred line up.

yeh brother if you look at the websites they'll tell you where he technically started, but there's like 4 or 5 games where nrl.com have Tatola or Knight listed as 2nd row and Murray as lock but obviously that's not the case in reality

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nj_16NJYkfc give this one a watch, Murray is wearing #13 and listed as lock on nrl.com but even Rabbit's mate could watch that highlight package and tell you what position Murray is playing
    mattnz
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Sat Feb 13, 2021 10:46 pm

Lrkn wrote:

yeh brother if you look at the websites they'll tell you where he technically started, but there's like 4 or 5 games where nrl.com have Tatola or Knight listed as 2nd row and Murray as lock but obviously that's not the case in reality

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nj_16NJYkfc give this one a watch, Murray is wearing #13 and listed as lock on nrl.com but even Rabbit's mate could watch that highlight package and tell you what position Murray is playing
    Yeah Sua missed that game, either injured or suspended, again was forced positional change.
    manlybeaver
    manlybeaver

Post by manlybeaver Sat Feb 13, 2021 11:05 pm

This is my final draft before tlt, has 6 guns what's nice

Cook
    Critchon LAM watson
    Matterson fifita
    Clearly munster
    Hoppa walker
    Turbo nui laurie

Brailey lam davey liddle

Blore averillo simonson feagai
    Holy Moly
    Holy Moly

Post by Holy Moly Sat Feb 13, 2021 11:06 pm

How would you rank the 'cows' in your current draft from high confidence they will play and play well above their average to low confidence they will play and/or play above their average? I'm currently feeling...

Watson
    Liddle
    Turbo
    JBrailey
    Lodge
    Ah Mau
    Murdoch-Masila
    Hetherington
    Davey
    Blore
    Niu
    Laurie
    ytsb
    ytsb

Post by ytsb Sat Feb 13, 2021 11:09 pm

Holy Moly wrote:How would you rank the 'cows' in your current draft from high confidence they will play and play well above their average to low confidence they will play and/or play above their average? I'm currently feeling...

Watson
    Liddle
    Turbo
    JBrailey
    Lodge
    Ah Mau
    Murdoch-Masila
    Hetherington
    Davey
    Blore
    Niu
    Laurie

I am off Lodge ever since Walters mentioned he would slot TPJ in at prop. I reckon Lodge is the type of player to shine under Walters but will he get the chance to?
    Holy Moly
    Holy Moly

Post by Holy Moly Sat Feb 13, 2021 11:21 pm

ytsb wrote:

I am off Lodge ever since Walters mentioned he would slot TPJ in at prop. I reckon Lodge is the type of player to shine under Walters but will he get the chance to?

Until Lodge got injured, wasn't he a guaranteed front row starter? That's why I have confidence because if he has recovered from the injury I'm expecting him to get the job back.

Current date/time is Sun May 12, 2024 7:43 am