NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 4 - Praying that nobody gets hurt

NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 4 - Praying that nobody gets hurt - Page 8 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 4 - Praying that nobody gets hurt

Post by Guest Sat Feb 13, 2021 3:06 pm

Catching up on WT forum. Twal, Garner and Ofahengaue have been training at lock.
    Camo123
    Camo123
    Fanatic

NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 4 - Praying that nobody gets hurt - Page 8 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 4 - Praying that nobody gets hurt

Post by Camo123 Sat Feb 13, 2021 3:27 pm

Ponga Yeo the Mann wrote:

Anyone considering JFH for the same reasons? I considered him earlier but couldn’t sell myself on it

Edit: read the next page lol!
    Not sure I have the patience to ride the JFH roller-coaster for a 3rd consecutive year
    ytsb
    ytsb

Post by ytsb Sat Feb 13, 2021 3:30 pm

WT2K wrote:Catching up on WT forum. Twal, Garner and Ofahengaue have been training at lock.

Bugger. What's your opinion on Twal mate? I though he might play 60ish at lock
    Chucky
    Chucky

Post by Chucky Sat Feb 13, 2021 3:59 pm

my tv broke wrote:

Yeo's PPL (points per letter) was nearly 20 last year, whereas Twal's was only around 13.

If you are looking for the best value PPL, it has to be Yeo
    I’m definitely steering clear of Koloamatangi, Fa’asuamaleaui, Papenhuyzen and any hyphenated surname players.
    Camo123
    Camo123
    Fanatic

Post by Camo123 Sat Feb 13, 2021 4:00 pm

NRL Physio has now posted the Averillo news

Jake Averillo seen at Bulldogs training this week with a brace on his elbow. No injury report from the Bulldogs as yet, but use of brace would commonly suggest a moderate-high grade ligament injury. If confirmed would likely be in doubt for Round 1, a situation to monitor
    Ponga Yeo the Mann
    Ponga Yeo the Mann

Post by Ponga Yeo the Mann Sat Feb 13, 2021 4:15 pm

mattnz wrote:
    Any pre-season insights for the knights team?

A lot less since covid. Went from covering 3-4 grades and helping the first grade side as a clinic to only doing 20s and reserve grade now. Get boys and pieces but they keep everything as separate as possible

Pretty disappointed jirah momoisea did his Achilles. Thought he was a chance of a run this year. Dominic young is a monster. Absolute specimen. Would love to see him at right centre by the end of the year. I think we will see a bit of Kurt Mann at right centre at times potentially as well once green is fit

Mr Snrub wrote:

After last year's CTR debacle I'm picking 2 of those value players and leaving it at that.  

Currently have Roberts and Momirovski. Latter has competition for a CTR spot at Penrith but if he's in the R1 team I rate him as a good buy.

The only thing that scared me with Momo was his 38ish average playing 80  so far has .8 tries per game. Could have a Crichton like year though running off Cleary

A few good centre options in that bracket as you say. I’ll have 3 decent options this year I think

- and averillo elbow injury posted on Instagram the last few minutes. Painful injuries that players often actually play through so not a long termer but I’d say given his age and not being a star player they won’t be rushing it like teams will for their stars. I’ve seen spade griffin and Lachy fitzgibbon play through full ruptures of their elbow MCL before. Tough bastards

Last edited by Ponga Yeo the Mann on Sat Feb 13, 2021 4:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Ponga Yeo the Mann
    Ponga Yeo the Mann

Post by Ponga Yeo the Mann Sat Feb 13, 2021 4:26 pm

A bit of a tangent but I’d like to hear peoples thoughts on the importance of being first to jump on a player with perceived potential or a possible change in role?

I’ve only played 2 seasons but it seems to me that getting on the first wave is less important than getting it right which seems obvious to say but my point is a wait and see approach on unknown quantities and jumping on at the second opportunity rather than the first can be the better strategy

Trying to factor this in a touch with setting my team up while also trying to see things yet to come or that others may not see is part of the skill or the game but keen to get the thoughts of others on here on if they consciously think about this pre and mid season?
    mattnz
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Sat Feb 13, 2021 4:33 pm

Ponga Yeo the Mann wrote:A bit of a tangent but I’d like to hear peoples thoughts on the importance of being first to jump on a player with perceived potential or a possible change in role?

I’ve only played 2 seasons but it seems to me that getting on the first wave is less important than getting it right which seems obvious to say but my point is a wait and see approach on unknown quantities and jumping on at the second opportunity rather than the first can be the better strategy

Trying to factor this in a touch with setting my team up while also trying to see things yet to come or that others may not see is part of the skill or the game but keen to get the thoughts of others on here on if they consciously think about this pre and mid season?
    In my experience, after really targeting PODs the last few seasons, if a POD is really performing well, they tend to get jumped on quickly by everyone else. There are some exceptions though, where they fly under the radar a bit, or there are potential risks as they are seen as injury prone, so others may still stay away. An example may be that Fifita gets 45 minutes off the bench in round 1, scoring 59, others may still not jump on.
    Dttragic2016
    Dttragic2016

Post by Dttragic2016 Sat Feb 13, 2021 4:42 pm

Tried to hold on as long as possible before checking the forum and getting into the 2021 season haha but so keen for the season now!

Keen to help out if there's anything to be done!
    Regulator
    Regulator

Post by Regulator Sat Feb 13, 2021 4:45 pm

Milchcow wrote:

If he starts I imagine he'll be quite popular, but opinion seems to be that that is unlikely

I think the most common opinion with him training on the edge is the he and Katoa start with Tohu at 13 and Jazz on the bench.
    Ponga Yeo the Mann
    Ponga Yeo the Mann

Post by Ponga Yeo the Mann Sat Feb 13, 2021 4:51 pm

mattnz wrote:
    In my experience, after really targeting PODs the last few seasons, if a POD is really performing well, they tend to get jumped on quickly by everyone else. There are some exceptions though, where they fly under the radar a bit, or there are potential risks as they are seen as injury prone, so others may still stay away. An example may be that Fifita gets 45 minutes off the bench in round 1, scoring 59, others may still not jump on.

Problem is there that the next week is still unpredictable in the Fifita case. And his minutes should scare someone off with good reason if that was to continue. We can control decision making not outcomes and have to think that way. I’m slightly less annoyed about points if I am happy with the decision I made. I went away from that once or twice last year chasing an outcome that was shown to be a poor decision ie sione M and I had been warned

Harry grant a low risk week 1 jump on but say a Kai O’Donnell for example. So often our eyes light up and we waste a trade. I think mitigating risk and managing trades is more important than being on a train week 1

I was late on the hunt train due to centre trades but he’s one where if you wait a week to see what minutes he got in an injury free rotation then you know that trade is going to be more likely to bring the value you want from it and if every trade needs to yield 150k+ in theory over the first 20-25 trades of a season then that’s crucial
    Ponga Yeo the Mann
    Ponga Yeo the Mann

Post by Ponga Yeo the Mann Sat Feb 13, 2021 4:53 pm

Also while I’m here I’m looking forward to not having to attempt to death ride lomax each week while he rudely ignores me and scores 50s. Poor bloke deserves an apology. JK fk you lomax you talented try scoring dog
    Dttragic2016
    Dttragic2016

Post by Dttragic2016 Sat Feb 13, 2021 5:36 pm

I remember we used to have a spreadsheet on here with historical nrl fantasy scores. Any idea where you could find one with historical supercoach scores?

We had nrl fantasy and draftstars projections through our work at sport tech daily last season, aiming to work on a model for supercoach as well.
    Rabbits21
    Rabbits21
    Fanatic

Post by Rabbits21 Sat Feb 13, 2021 5:41 pm

Need to decide whether carrying Cleary and Lam is enough with Moylan as emergency cover or whether I ditch Moylan for stronger cover eg... running with all 3 of Cleary, Brooks and Lam
    mattnz
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Sat Feb 13, 2021 5:43 pm

Dttragic2016 wrote:I remember we used to have a spreadsheet on here with historical nrl fantasy scores. Any idea where you could find one with historical supercoach scores?

We had nrl fantasy and draftstars projections through our work at sport tech daily last season, aiming to work on a model for supercoach as well.
    https://www.nrlsupercoachstats.com/
    Dttragic2016
    Dttragic2016

Post by Dttragic2016 Sat Feb 13, 2021 5:49 pm

mattnz wrote:
    https://www.nrlsupercoachstats.com/

Yep I'm aware of the site but do they have an excel spreadsheet to download somewhere? Really excited to see what we can do with MTBs site and our models etc!
    mattnz
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Sat Feb 13, 2021 5:57 pm

Rabbits21 wrote:Need to decide whether carrying Cleary and Lam is enough with Moylan as emergency cover or whether I ditch Moylan for stronger cover eg... running with all 3 of Cleary, Brooks and Lam
    I like having a strong 3rd half that has a secure spot in the team, that you can play in 14-17
    Bethany_B
    Bethany_B

Post by Bethany_B Sat Feb 13, 2021 6:11 pm

mattnz wrote:
    I like having a strong 3rd half that has a secure spot in the team, that you can play in 14-17

Yeah same. I currently have Cleary, CHT and Lam as halves, with one of them on the bench and two starting.
    White Lightning
    White Lightning
    Fanatic

Post by White Lightning Sat Feb 13, 2021 6:12 pm

mattnz wrote:

I have a gun in Cleary & 2 guys on the up that could be good in CHT & Lam

Post by Guest Sat Feb 13, 2021 6:17 pm

Managed to get my shortlist down to 37 players, still sitting pretty at 0 drafts

Contemplating Jai Arrow right now priced at 45, you'd think if he grabbed 60 minutes at starting lock he could make it 55 considering he's the marquee signing for 2021. This would also be the 4th year I've picked him though so not sure if I can do it to myself again plus he's capable of a stinker here and there

Current date/time is Mon Apr 29, 2024 12:12 am