NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 4 - Praying that nobody gets hurt

rhinoceroo
    rhinoceroo
    Fanatic

NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 4 - Praying that nobody gets hurt - Page 29 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 4 - Praying that nobody gets hurt

Post by rhinoceroo Mon Feb 15, 2021 10:37 pm

The Pascoe Fiasco wrote:Who are people’s 3rd FB? None really grab me south of Gutherson. All other positions seem to have plenty of value so I’m going 3 guns (or close) with Laurie 18-21.

Switching between having a gun there, which would be Papenhuyzen, or going for a cheapie, hoping they make cash and sorting it out later. Problem is that the cheapies (Moylan and Hoy) don't exactly inspire, neither does Laurie's job security, Simonssen's scoring or anyone from 350k-600k. Would be interested in Cody Ramsay if he gets a start anywhere in Dragons' backline.
    Holy Moly
    Holy Moly

NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 4 - Praying that nobody gets hurt - Page 29 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 4 - Praying that nobody gets hurt

Post by Holy Moly Mon Feb 15, 2021 10:37 pm

Chewie wrote:

Wadell is on my watch list, if he gets named to start he has a good chance to be enlisted in my team
    Macca was in my 2020 team at the restart and I thoroughly enjoyed the run, almost made 200k at a 65ppg avg, until the injury hit. My gut says not to pick him this season.
    Egan just doesn't excite me... not keen on picking a hooker who is probably going to score 40-45pts on avg priced at 33pts. He'll probably score 60pts the first round to lure people into the trap.

#WookieeWhispers

I've never watched Egan play, but there haven't been any enthusiastic descriptions of him on here. But if he's a chance of a regular 80 min role, i'd definitely consider him. The warriors aren't likely to run a bench hooker from what I've read.
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Mon Feb 15, 2021 10:37 pm

Teeth Eater wrote:

Yeah, 100% same for me too. I've had Lodge since my first draft and haven't yet thought about dumping him. His off-field antics never once were a factor, to be honest.

This same discussion comes up every now and then with music, whether you'd stop listening to a band because of what an artist does outside of the music. I guess the most note-able case being Michael Jackson. As I always say in the discussion, I actually quite like the band Lostprophets. Lead singer is currently serving 35 years for child sex offences, so he could perish for all I care... but it never once affected the songs of theirs I enjoy.

Anyway, bit of a tangent, but the short answer for me was also no, I very easily do not let off-field incidents affect my preference for a player.  

Iced Earth recently have also lost a lot of fans after Schaffers involvement in the Capitol raids, but I don't really give a shit to be honest.

I remember when the info of the Lost Prophets guy came out. Holy fuck that was one of the sickest most disturbing things I ever read about. Dude needs a bullet if you ask me.

It's the same with musicians being assholes. Some people won't listen to a certain person because they are an arrogant ass or whatever. I think that's just silly.
    t43597
    t43597

Post by t43597 Mon Feb 15, 2021 10:56 pm

wolfking wrote:

Iced Earth recently have also lost a lot of fans after Schaffers involvement in the Capitol raids, but I don't really give a shit to be honest.

I remember when the info of the Lost Prophets guy came out.  Holy fuck that was one of the sickest most disturbing things I ever read about.  Dude needs a bullet if you ask me.

It's the same with musicians being assholes.  Some people won't listen to a certain person because they are an arrogant ass or whatever.  I think that's just silly.

I actually think that in the Lost Prophet's case, i vowed never to voluntarily listen to them again. I know it doesnt really make a difference but that was one of the sickest things ive ever heard.

There have obviously been other issues with musicians but most of the time i maintain the music comes first, not the musician. Phil Anselmo screamed out 'White Power' and then tried to play it off as a joke when called on it. Point is, id still listen to his music, i wouldnt want to know him as a person but i can seperate the music from the man or woman. The Lost Prophet's thing was on another level where i just cant listen without thinking of it. So i stopped listening.
    Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Mon Feb 15, 2021 11:02 pm

Teeth Eater wrote:

Yeah, 100% same for me too. I've had Lodge since my first draft and haven't yet thought about dumping him. His off-field antics never once were a factor, to be honest.

This same discussion comes up every now and then with music, whether you'd stop listening to a band because of what an artist does outside of the music. I guess the most note-able case being Michael Jackson. As I always say in the discussion, I actually quite like the band Lostprophets. Lead singer is currently serving 35 years for child sex offences, so he could perish for all I care... but it never once affected the songs of theirs I enjoy.

Anyway, bit of a tangent, but the short answer for me was also no, I very easily do not let off-field incidents affect my preference for a player.  
    Same for me with Lost Prophets. First album is a masterpiece but it's tough to listen to for me now
    Teeth Eater
    Teeth Eater

Post by Teeth Eater Mon Feb 15, 2021 11:08 pm

Welshy wrote:
    Same for me with Lost Prophets. First album is a masterpiece but it's tough to listen to for me now

As I was typing that I thought to myself, they're Welsh, innit? One thing I'll say about the Welsh judicial system is that we could learn a thing or two from you guys here in Australia. If I'm honest, there's only one suitable sentence for child sex offences, and that doesn't involve any time in a prison. But 35 years is a hell of a lot better than the couple he'd have got here in Australia. If that happened here he'd probably be back on stage already. Sad

Anyway, back to the footy, ay.
    Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Mon Feb 15, 2021 11:15 pm

Teeth Eater wrote:

As I was typing that I thought to myself, they're Welsh, innit? One thing I'll say about the Welsh judicial system is that we could learn a thing or two from you guys here in Australia. If I'm honest, there's only one suitable sentence for child sex offences, and that doesn't involve any time in a prison. But 35 years is a hell of a lot better than the couple he'd have got here in Australia. If that happened here he'd probably be back on stage already. Sad

Anyway, back to the footy, ay.

Yes mate, unfortunately he is Welsh. One of my mates cousins, been backstage with them as a teen.

You never know, hideous crime and a bullet wouldn't be enough. Apparently he's tried offing himself a few times because he's taken a few hammerings off inmates. Will never be enough though

Last edited by Welshy on Mon Feb 15, 2021 11:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Mon Feb 15, 2021 11:15 pm

Back on topic, I'm looking to play a cheapie 3rd WFB

Laurie/Moylan/Tesi Niu/someone else who turns up.

If I get Hopoate as one of my CTRs (and am definitely considering him), he has DPP so could go to 3rd WFB if I have 2 other playable CTRs
    Rabbits21
    Rabbits21
    Fanatic

Post by Rabbits21 Mon Feb 15, 2021 11:18 pm

Does anyone else have Matterson currently in their latest draft?

He’s in mine currently but that could change.

With all these edge options I may opt to go cheaper on both starting edges..... as you have to sacrifice somewhere!

I think I wanna carry 3 halves as well. Cleary and Lam, just not sure whether I go Brooks, CHT or Milf as the third or just go for a cheap emergency of Moylan.....
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Mon Feb 15, 2021 11:22 pm

Rabbits21 wrote:Does anyone else have Matterson currently in their latest draft?

With all these edge options I may opt to go cheaper on both starting edges..... as you have to sacrifice somewhere!

I think I wanna carry 3 halves as well. Cleary and Lam, just not sure whether I go Brooks, CHT or Milf as the third or just go for a cheap emergency of Moylan.....

To answer your last point first, you definitely want to carry 3 (or more) halves, even if the 3rd one is just Moylan.

Matterson is tempting, but Crichton's DPP might give him an edge. Can't be guaranteed Matterson won't play origin either which would be his advantage over Crichton.
    The Pascoe Fiasco
    The Pascoe Fiasco

Post by The Pascoe Fiasco Mon Feb 15, 2021 11:26 pm

Rabbits21 wrote:Does anyone else have Matterson currently in their latest draft?

I’ve gone Moylan as my 3rd half as if he doesn’t break he will go to FB as soon as SJ returns.
    Holy Moly
    Holy Moly

Post by Holy Moly Mon Feb 15, 2021 11:27 pm

Milchcow wrote:

To answer your last point first, you definitely want to carry 3 (or more) halves, even if the 3rd one is just Moylan.

Matterson is tempting, but Crichton's DPP might give him an edge. Can't be guaranteed Matterson won't play origin either which would be his advantage over Crichton.

Every season, and for a lot of this past month, I've tried to have cover for every position, but I'm currently considering only having cover if it's a player that I want (and I'm not very keen on Moylan, for example). I understand that it's a safe option to have, but it's also a kind of negative approach, where I'm starting out expecting things to go wrong. Last year I expected injuries and they came. I'm contemplating a more positive approach this season.
    Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Mon Feb 15, 2021 11:30 pm

No Matterson for me, I've gone DFifi, reckon I can get more value out of him

Crichton and his DPP edges it for me, so also gone there
    Rabbits21
    Rabbits21
    Fanatic

Post by Rabbits21 Mon Feb 15, 2021 11:33 pm

Welshy wrote:No Matterson for me, I've gone DFifi, reckon I can get more value out of him

Crichton and his DPP edges it for me, so also gone there

One thing that keeps popping up in my head is how many origin players is too many.......

Post by Guest Mon Feb 15, 2021 11:35 pm

You definitely want a third half. Couldn't go near Brooks myself. Already curse at him enough as a tigers fan.

Post by Guest Mon Feb 15, 2021 11:36 pm

RandomSil wrote:

Challenge makes it seem like you wont be floundering around rank 20k.

Fine with me because you’ll be in the 21k range
    Rabbits21
    Rabbits21
    Fanatic

Post by Rabbits21 Mon Feb 15, 2021 11:37 pm

WT2K wrote:

You definitely want a third half. Couldn't go near Brooks myself. Already curse at him enough as a tigers fan.

Who are your 3 right now?
    Teeth Eater
    Teeth Eater

Post by Teeth Eater Mon Feb 15, 2021 11:37 pm

I have Matterson and Fifita of the David variety. But I am tempted by Crichton. I'm strongly considering all three. Just today, though, I found myself putting TKO in my team. Not in love with it, though, and he could become Crichton.
    Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Mon Feb 15, 2021 11:38 pm

Rabbits21 wrote:

One thing that keeps popping up in my head is how many origin players is too many.......

Don't bother me mate, so much happens between now and first bye, planning now is way too early. Can guarantee that first bye round must haves will change from now until then. Injury, suspension, etc etc

Always hit the byes hard, because so many points can be gained but for me, now is way too early for it to effect my decisions

Rabbits21
    Rabbits21
    Fanatic

Post by Rabbits21 Mon Feb 15, 2021 11:43 pm

I thought Waddell was priced at around 29ish but just checking and it’s 32. Makes it a little bit awkward.

If starting you’d think he sees 70mins but will need more insight into how the Dogs rotation looks like working closer to round 1.

Current date/time is Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:44 am