NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

2020/21 NFL Fantasy

Poll

Should I stay or should I go?

[ 12 ]
    2020/21 NFL Fantasy  - Page 5 Bar_left75%2020/21 NFL Fantasy  - Page 5 Bar_right [75%] 
    [ 4 ]
    2020/21 NFL Fantasy  - Page 5 Bar_left25%2020/21 NFL Fantasy  - Page 5 Bar_right [25%] 

Total Votes: 16
    Poll closed
    Enchanted Glossy Flamingo
    Enchanted Glossy Flamingo

2020/21 NFL Fantasy  - Page 5 Empty Re: 2020/21 NFL Fantasy

Post by Enchanted Glossy Flamingo Sat Aug 22, 2020 10:27 am

Added a bench spot (now 6), 2 x IR (Covid/IR), changed trade review to none and dropped players 1 day in L1

Lemme know if anything else needs to change
    Mearcats
    Mearcats

Post by Mearcats Sat Aug 22, 2020 10:29 am

Revraiser wrote:If waiver claims are processed, then after a few days u want to grab a player sitting there, u just enter a $0 bid and he would be yours ?

Correct
    Revraiser
    Revraiser
    Fanatic

Post by Revraiser Sat Aug 22, 2020 10:38 am

Mearcats wrote:

It really is a better system Revs and I think you'll see that with the half point format this year. There is a hell of a lot of scoring settings that you can customise in PPR scoring and if you haven't be read in on the changes (especially with extra points for first downs, tight ends and things) then you can very quickly be left behind and feel as though you never stood a chance.

With that in mind, we will stick with the default settings. It will all be what you already know just that it balances out WRs and RBs. Guys with good hands get appropriately adjusted to be bought in line with pure workload players.

I think one of the guys runs a cash league in VSDT but not sure who or if it is going this year. This league will just remain free tho.

Redraft is simply referring to "redrafting" a new team each year as opposed to keeper/dynasty leagues.

Nah not a fan of the VSDT format/app at all.

I may need to do a PPR refresher course at home here haha.

Cheers for all the back and forth guys, looking forward to this one big time.
    Russ
    Russ

Post by Russ Sat Aug 22, 2020 10:44 am

Revraiser wrote:If waiver claims are processed, then after a few days u want to grab a player sitting there, u just enter a $0 bid and he would be yours ?

If they are on waivers you have to bid if you want to pick them up ASAP

My understanding in these leagues, there is 1 major waiver run at start of week when all undrafted players are on waivers after all games are played.
    Everyone enters bids and when waiver runs, whoever  is bid on is picked up By the highest bidder
    Any players not picked up are then free agents, and you pick those up immediately for free - first come first served no bidding

If someone drops a player for any reason during the week (eg if you pick up a free agent or win a FAAB bid) that dropper player goes to waivers for 2 days.
    Everyone has 2 days to put a bid in and The highest bidder wins him.
    If no one bids, they become a free agent and available for free pick up whoever’s first

Some leagues have FAAB auction daily, anyone not picked up goes onto waivers again until the following days auction. So no free agents at any time.  It’s also a good system but not this year with likely last minute Covid outs
    Mearcats
    Mearcats

Post by Mearcats Sat Aug 22, 2020 10:45 am

Revraiser wrote:

Nah not a fan of the VSDT format/app at all.

I may need to do a PPR refresher course at home here haha.

Cheers for all the back and forth guys, looking forward to this one big time.

There's couple you tube vids that are short and yet in depth enough to give you a good run down on the differences mate and there's also some on there that will tell you value players in 0.5 formats and how they weigh up in comparison to full PPR or standard scoring.

More than happy to keep going back and forth mate, ask as many questions as you like.

Also, for those that don't know em, the fantasy footballers have some awesome info on the FAAB system etc, worth checking out.
    Mearcats
    Mearcats

Post by Mearcats Sat Aug 22, 2020 11:01 am

Here's the list as I have it for the leagues this year following promotion relegation gents. EGF has already created L1 on Sleeper and reached out to each of you in that league I believe, @Welshy, you got time to handle L2? If not I'm more than happy to mate. If we get and L3 I'll chase someone to commish that then.

L1:-

1. StirlingSharpe - Revraiser
    2. Garoppopotamus - RandomSil
    3. Bundah Boys - jelejasof
    4. RnT - Rippin and Tearin
    5. Russ - Russ
    6. Canterbury Charizards - StuDogg101
    7. Boydz 2 Men - Enchanted Glossy Flamingo (Commish)
    8. Pain - Pain
    9. Kupp My Johnson - BroncHose
    10. Pacey - Paceys Best

L2:-

1. Mearcats - Mearcats
    2. Breesy Does It - @Ryno
    3. Krump - @Krump
    4. Synyster Vengeance - @surmo13 (?)
    5. Monkerai - @Thickshake
    6. American in Portugal - @JStevens269
    7. Suh Girls One Kupp - @Welshy
    8. Vapor Lock - @robelgordo
    9. Eatn Pussy Kickn Ass - @danaconda86
    10. Wolfpack - @Wolfking

L3:-

1. Luckynumber8 - @luckynumber8
    2. Green Machine - @GreenMachine
    3. Polyester Gurley - ?
    4. FalconSloth - @FalconSloth
    5. @BCT05
    6. The Book Club - @9thImmortal
    7. @Cunbert

So assuming everyone returns we need three more players. Wolfpack will go back into L2 and three guys to fill the rest of L3 and we'll have three full leagues.

Still chasing a little help on the last few players that we don't know who they are on the forum but for two days we're doing pretty good!

Last edited by Mearcats on Sat Aug 22, 2020 2:41 pm; edited 3 times in total
    Mearcats
    Mearcats

Post by Mearcats Sat Aug 22, 2020 11:08 am

I believe everyone from L1 has reported in? Only guys I haven't seen check in as of yet are RnT and Pacey. Is that right EGF?

As for L2 I'm not sure who American In Portugal and Wolfpack are. And haven't seen Ryno and Surmo as of yet but we'll follow that up.

I'm going to tidy up L3 today. If anyone else has a mate that wants to join, let me know then we can fill it out. I'd rather they were members here on the forum or prepared to join up so we can keep lines of communication open but if we can't find anyone we'll take em even if they ain't keen.
    Russ
    Russ

Post by Russ Sat Aug 22, 2020 11:11 am

Mearcats wrote:Here's the list as I have it for the leagues this year following promotion relegation gents. EGF has already created L1 on Sleeper and reached out to each of you in that league I believe, @Welshy, you got time to handle L2? If not I'm more than happy to mate. If we get and L3 I'll chase someone to commish that then.

5. Russ - Russ
    8. Pain - Pain
    10. Pacey - Paceys Best

1. Mearcats - Mearcats
    3. Krump - @Krump
    5. Monkerai - ?
    6. American in Portugal - ?

1. Wolfpack - ?
    2. Luckynumber8 - @luckynumber8
    3. Green Machine - ?
    4. Polyester Gurley - ?
    5. FalconSloth - @FalconSloth
    6. @BCT05
    7. The Book Club - @9thImmortal
    8. @Cunbert

So assuming everyone returns we need three more players. Wolfpack will go back into L2 and three guys to fill the rest of L3 and we'll have three full leagues.

Still chasing a little help on the last few players that we don't know who they are on the forum but for two days we're doing pretty good!

Is RnT around this year? I though he had someone takeover his Nrl teams this year?
    American in Portugal might be Verbal?
    I think Wolfpack is Wolfking???
    And Green Machine is Green Machine
    Mearcats
    Mearcats

Post by Mearcats Sat Aug 22, 2020 11:24 am

Russ wrote:

Is RnT around this year? I though he had someone takeover his Nrl teams this year?
    American in Portugal might be Verbal?
    I think Wolfpack is Wolfking???
    And Green Machine is Green Machine

Legend! Thanks so much Russ. I'll leave it to EGF to follow up RnT, if need be we can find an owner to take over his spot.

I'll message Wolfking and Verrbal now, have already reached out to Green Machine, Surmo and Ryno.
    Pacey's Best
    Pacey's Best

Fantasy Fanatics VSDT Overall Group Winner : 2016

Post by Pacey's Best Sat Aug 22, 2020 1:18 pm

Mearcats wrote:I believe everyone from L1 has reported in? Only guys I haven't seen check in as of yet are RnT and Pacey. Is that right EGF?

As for L2 I'm not sure who American In Portugal and Wolfpack are. And haven't seen Ryno and Surmo as of yet but we'll follow that up.

I'm going to tidy up L3 today. If anyone else has a mate that wants to join, let me know then we can fill it out. I'd rather they were members here on the forum or prepared to join up so we can keep lines of communication open but if we can't find anyone we'll take em even if they ain't keen.

Hey guys, I have just joined L1. Thanks EGF. I'm struggling to understand some of the things you guys are talking about, but looking forward to learning as I go.
    Mearcats
    Mearcats

Post by Mearcats Sat Aug 22, 2020 1:51 pm

Pacey's Best wrote:

Hey guys, I have just joined L1. Thanks EGF. I'm struggling to understand some of the things you guys are talking about, but looking forward to learning as I go.

Welcome back Pacey!

If you have any questions mate just ask away! I got a few hours to kill before going to the pub.
    Pacey's Best
    Pacey's Best

Fantasy Fanatics VSDT Overall Group Winner : 2016

Post by Pacey's Best Sat Aug 22, 2020 1:54 pm

Mearcats wrote:

Welcome back Pacey!

If you have any questions mate just ask away! I got a few hours to kill before going to the pub.

Thanks Mearcats but I'll be focusing on the NRL today and tomorrow and I'll do some research on Monday for NFL.
    Go to the pub a little earlier and have a drink for me. Wink
    Mearcats
    Mearcats

Post by Mearcats Sat Aug 22, 2020 2:10 pm

Pacey's Best wrote:

Thanks Mearcats but I'll be focusing on the NRL today and tomorrow and I'll do some research on Monday for NFL.
    Go to the pub a little earlier and have a drink for me. Wink

Just stopped into 10 Toes brewery round the corner and bought a mixed carty, I'm good for a few hours now.

Jele
    Jele

NFL Fantasy L1 Champion : 2019
    NRL FF Survivor Champion : 2020

Post by Jele Sat Aug 22, 2020 2:13 pm

sorry, yep i’m Bundah Boys. I’m a bit like Pacey with the nuances of some of the settings- but will work it out i’m sure.

it was RnT who ran the VSDT cash comp, but he has taken a break from his fantasy teams so doubt he will be organising anything this year.
    Mearcats
    Mearcats

Post by Mearcats Sat Aug 22, 2020 2:19 pm

jelejasof wrote:sorry, yep i’m Bundah Boys. I’m a bit like Pacey with the nuances of some of the settings- but will work it out i’m sure.

it was RnT who ran the VSDT cash comp, but he has taken a break from his fantasy teams so doubt he will be organising anything this year.

Feel free to ask anything @jelejasof. If people punch in a few questions I'll sort out a FAQs list and pin it to the front page over the weekend. I can edit/update the post as we get more questions.

What's the consensus on RnT? Do we think he'll be returning or should we put a plan in place to replace him?
    Jele
    Jele

Post by Jele Sat Aug 22, 2020 2:21 pm

cheers Mearcats, i’ll work through the various settings and put together any questions i have.

I’ll drop RnT a line and check - i took over his VSDT NRL team so have his email.
    Jele
    Jele

Post by Jele Sat Aug 22, 2020 2:26 pm

oh and i think American in Portugal is @JStevens269 - understand he is actually an American living in Portugal who follows NRL. How cool is that?
    Mearcats
    Mearcats

Post by Mearcats Sat Aug 22, 2020 2:27 pm

jelejasof wrote:cheers Mearcats, i’ll work through the various settings and put together any questions i have.

I’ll drop RnT a line and check - i took over his VSDT NRL team so have his email.

Champion. Ensure him that if he's busy as we understand, there's no pressure but would obvs love to have him back around.
    Mearcats
    Mearcats

Post by Mearcats Sat Aug 22, 2020 2:28 pm

jelejasof wrote:oh and i think American in Portugal is @JStevens269 - understand he is actually an American living in Portugal who follows NRL. How cool is that?

Hahaha, that's mint! Almost like our resident CubanMafia. Hopefully he's keen to get back in.
    Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Sat Aug 22, 2020 4:52 pm

Mearcats wrote:Here's the list as I have it for the leagues this year following promotion relegation gents. EGF has already created L1 on Sleeper and reached out to each of you in that league I believe, @Welshy, you got time to handle L2? If not I'm more than happy to mate. If we get and L3 I'll chase someone to commish that then.

5. Russ - Russ
    8. Pain - Pain
    10. Pacey - Paceys Best

1. Mearcats - Mearcats
    3. Krump - @Krump
    5. Monkerai - @Thickshake
    6. American in Portugal - @JStevens269
    10. Wolfpack - @Wolfking

1. Luckynumber8 - @luckynumber8
    2. Green Machine - @GreenMachine
    3. Polyester Gurley - ?
    4. FalconSloth - @FalconSloth
    5. @BCT05
    6. The Book Club - @9thImmortal
    7. @Cunbert

@Mearcats just seen this mate. Of course I'm good to set it all up. Can you me all preferred league settings and ill get it all up and running

Current date/time is Fri May 03, 2024 11:46 am