NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

2020/21 NFL Fantasy

Poll

Should I stay or should I go?

[ 12 ]
    2020/21 NFL Fantasy  - Page 4 Bar_left75%2020/21 NFL Fantasy  - Page 4 Bar_right [75%] 
    [ 4 ]
    2020/21 NFL Fantasy  - Page 4 Bar_left25%2020/21 NFL Fantasy  - Page 4 Bar_right [25%] 

Total Votes: 16
    Poll closed
    BroncHose
    BroncHose

2020/21 NFL Fantasy  - Page 4 Empty Re: 2020/21 NFL Fantasy

Post by BroncHose Fri Aug 21, 2020 9:22 pm

Pain wrote:

There’s a desktop app?  I wonder what I’ve been missing.

I was Yok in L3 last year,  just filling in

Does that mean you've only drafted from the phone app?!??!

I have to have a complex system of levers and pulleys and a team of monkeys working around the clock to draft (poorly). And even then, its only done from the website and not the phone app...
    Pain
    Pain

NFL Dynasty Champion : 2019
    NFL Fantasy L2 Champion : 2019

Post by Pain Fri Aug 21, 2020 9:37 pm

BroncHose wrote:

Does that mean you've only drafted from the phone app?!??!

I have to have a complex system of levers and pulleys and a team of monkeys working around the clock to draft (poorly). And even then, its only done from the website and not the phone app...

Yes all on the phone, didn’t contemplate there was another option. I was at the kids little athletics for part of the dynasty draft last year, just had my plan typed on notes app. Exciting times.
    Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Fri Aug 21, 2020 10:30 pm

Sleeper is extremely simple and effective. Was wildly impressed last season
    Mearcats
    Mearcats

Post by Mearcats Fri Aug 21, 2020 11:31 pm

Revraiser wrote:

I am strongly against PPR (Points per reception) - which for anyone who doesnt know means ur player gets points for catching the ball. 'Yay well done little Tommy, now throw the ball back to Daddy!' Comprendo ?

No Kicker doesnt mean an extra spot somewhere ? 2 QB's would be a gud idea.

Regarding point 5, i have never used FAAB. If u run out of money how do u claim players throughout the season ?

Yup, basically the idea of dropping kickers was my reasoning behind adding a second flex but would be more than open to making it three flex spots if people would rather. Flex will only be WR, RB or TE though. Won't make it a superflex (2QB) this year.

FAAB is pretty well explained by EGF in this thread (cheers so much fella) and basically I will ensure that there is $0 bids available, helps ensure that you don't run outta money. That being said, if you do, that doesn't mean you can't bid as $0 bids will be available. Would be difficult to win but still there with a chance for sure. It's a balancing act throughout the season that adds another level of competition but at the same time, really balances the competition within regards to waivers. Far superior.
    Mearcats
    Mearcats

Post by Mearcats Fri Aug 21, 2020 11:32 pm

Revraiser wrote:

I am strongly against PPR (Points per reception) - which for anyone who doesnt know means ur player gets points for catching the ball. 'Yay well done little Tommy, now throw the ball back to Daddy!' Comprendo ?

No Kicker doesnt mean an extra spot somewhere ? 2 QB's would be a gud idea.

Regarding point 5, i have never used FAAB. If u run out of money how do u claim players throughout the season ?

Yup, basically the idea of dropping kickers was my reasoning behind adding a second flex but would be more than open to making it three flex spots if people would rather. Flex will only be WR, RB or TE though. Won't make it a superflex (2QB) this year.

FAAB is pretty well explained by EGF in this thread (cheers so much fella) and basically I will ensure that there is $0 bids available, helps ensure that you don't run outta money. That being said, if you do, that doesn't mean you can't bid as $0 bids will be available. Would be difficult to win but still there with a chance for sure. It's a balancing act throughout the season that adds another level of competition but at the same time, really balances the competition within regards to waivers. Far superior.
    Mearcats
    Mearcats

Post by Mearcats Fri Aug 21, 2020 11:37 pm

robelgordo wrote:

2. Is flex WR/RB/TE? I also don’t mind trying 2 QBs in a 10 team league, although it does stuff my usual strategy of not bothering until near last

3. I like PPR 0.5

5. I think I know how FAAB works but wouldn’t mind a run through. Last year the L3 default was reverse ladder which is infuriating - in the very least should be the more usual “most recent waiver pickup moves to last in the order”

Refuse to do reverse ladder mate... I just think it's antiquated.

Thinking 0.5ppr will be the main go this year. I would like to start moving everyone over to PPR as after playing it the last few years I believe it's more balanced. I hear @RevRaiser point but with most things rolling this way now days and the fact that it's not actually that drastically different I think our best option this year will be a half point PPR scoring system with an eye on moving to full point in the future.

I think FAAB has received a good run down but if there's any further questions I'm happy to address em as needed.
    Mearcats
    Mearcats

Post by Mearcats Fri Aug 21, 2020 11:39 pm

Cunbert wrote:Hey fellas, new to the forum and would love to be part of this. Been a few years away from NFL fantasy but sure I can get back up to speed.

Awesome @Cunbert! Love to have ya on board mate. I'll pop ya down for L3 for now.
    Mearcats
    Mearcats

Post by Mearcats Fri Aug 21, 2020 11:43 pm

BroncHose wrote:

First class Mearcats! Thanks for getting the ball rolling. Clearly I'm in and keen (I'm enjoying the NFL offseason more than the NRL season at this rate...)

Very happy with all your rules proposed. The additional flex in place of the kicker is a good move.

I'm higher on full-PPR cause its the new standard, majority of research is geared towards it, and I still believe it evens the value between RBs and WRs (which in a world of RBs by committee, means that more teams can challenge if you miss out on one of the top 5 RB picks - even though none of that has worked for me....ever).

Of course, I'll run with consensus, which seems to be .5 PPR at this stage.

We'll need to start thinking draft days soon too - only 22/23 days to go right...

Definitely needa start getting organised for drafts as we're running a tight timeline. I'm gonna try and push this out over the weekend and hopefully delegate a little work so that we can speed the process up a little. Ideally I'd like to have leagues filled and dates set at the end of this coming week.
    Mearcats
    Mearcats

Post by Mearcats Fri Aug 21, 2020 11:47 pm

robelgordo wrote:It also looks like L3 last year was mostly people running 2nd teams? Don’t mind playing 2 divisions of 12 or even 14 if that’s how the numbers work

14 is deeeeeeep mate and in a way not easy for new guys or guys getting up to speed again after a while away from NFL fantasy.

I'd like to cap it at 12 if we can't fill three leagues without double ups but ideally it's three leagues of 10. That being said, due to our diminishing timeline if we need to make it two loaded leagues that may be our best option.
    Enchanted Glossy Flamingo
    Enchanted Glossy Flamingo

Post by Enchanted Glossy Flamingo Sat Aug 22, 2020 7:37 am

Created L1 on sleeper and sent out invites for the top 3 of L2 and the top 7 of L1 last year

Easy to expand out to 12 players if thats what we decide on as well
    Russ
    Russ

Post by Russ Sat Aug 22, 2020 8:54 am

Enchanted Glossy Flamingo wrote:Created L1 on sleeper and sent out invites for the top 3 of L2 and the top 7 of L1 last year

In, thanks for setting up EGF and Mearcats.

Given the flexibility of Sleeper - Couple of things

5 bench, seems skinny even for redraft, is it usually 6 for this size (about 2/3 or starting roster).  Having said that, same for everyone so a little more challenging to manage if it stays 5

If bench stays at 5, is it worth adding a few IR spots for Covid just this year?

2 day trade review - can we remove veto/review and process immediately?  

Dropped Players On waivers 1 day instead of 2. 1 day is what we used on our older leagues and worked ok
    danaconda86
    danaconda86

Post by danaconda86 Sat Aug 22, 2020 9:46 am

My thoughts:

PPR. But ok with 0.5 PPR
    If we do away with D/ST, maybe consider IDP’s?
    Never done FAAB for waivers but keen to give it a go. $0 bids important though.
    Definitely have longer benches and/or multiple IR spots. Going to be a very different season with COVID.
    Can we do an auction format on sleeper? Would be keen to try that vs the snake format.
    Are we going have a cash buy-in? Need to supplement my job keeper!

Also if there is a dynasty startup or an abandoned existing roster in a dynasty league, I would be up for it.
    Mearcats
    Mearcats

Post by Mearcats Sat Aug 22, 2020 10:07 am

Enchanted Glossy Flamingo wrote:Created L1 on sleeper and sent out invites for

the top 3 of L2 and the top 7 of L1 last year

Champion EGF. Appreciate you! I'll leave that league in your more than capable hands. Chase up players etc but don't lock if for the moment until we finalise L2 and L3 as we may needa add a few players if we have to condense.

Revraiser
    Revraiser
    Fanatic

Post by Revraiser Sat Aug 22, 2020 10:10 am

So many Q's u NFL starved muppets !

By all means, if i am out of the loop and there is a genuine reason in that it balances RB v WR then i do not want to be the only one against it. I think i was burned by having one PPR season where the admin (elsewhere) had PPR at 1.5 per catch.

What exactly is 'redraft' ?

I am all G for a cash league in L1, but realise time is not on our side.

For FAAB, If u bag a player at a bid of say $18, and the closest 2nd bidder was say $10 - do u pay 18 or 11 ? Lol way to confuse everyone Rev...

Cash some super in Danaconda Smile
    Mearcats
    Mearcats

Post by Mearcats Sat Aug 22, 2020 10:11 am

Russ wrote:

In, thanks for setting up EGF and Mearcats.

Given the flexibility of Sleeper - Couple of things

5 bench, seems skinny even for redraft, is it usually 6 for this size (about 2/3 or starting roster).  Having said that, same for everyone so a little more challenging to manage if it stays 5

If bench stays at 5, is it worth adding a few IR spots for Covid just this year?

2 day trade review - can we remove veto/review and process immediately?  

Dropped Players On waivers 1 day instead of 2. 1 day is what we used on our older leagues and worked ok

Will remove vetos, responsibility for controlling that will rest in the hands of each league commish. No need for vetos imo.

Benches I am happy to expand to 6 and we can add 2 IR spots but will be set to IR and COV designated players only.

Dropped players to waivers can remain at a 2 day hold as it will be a FAAB system this year anyways and it gives people an extra day or so to ensure they have a chance to have a look.
    Revraiser
    Revraiser
    Fanatic

Post by Revraiser Sat Aug 22, 2020 10:12 am

Not sure about the bench size but a couple of things that @Russ said below i agree with -

- 2 day trade review - can we remove veto/review and process immediately?
    - Dropped Players On waivers 1 day instead of 2. 1 day is what we used on our older leagues and worked ok
    Russ
    Russ

Post by Russ Sat Aug 22, 2020 10:13 am

danaconda86 wrote:My thoughts:

PPR. But ok with 0.5 PPR
    Definitely have longer benches and/or multiple IR spots. Going to be a very different season with COVID.
    Can we do an auction format on sleeper? Would be keen to try that vs the snake format.

Also if there is a dynasty startup or an abandoned existing roster in a dynasty league, I would be up for it.

Dan, will be 0.5ppr as a good compromise to everyone’s wishes (RIP TEs) and DST stays, no IDP

FAAB is basically a weekly auction for the first waivers Run after each weekend - fairer than some priority order.  

Sleeper doesn’t do auction yet but has been promising for some tine.

These aren’t cash leagues but if you wanted to set 1 up, I’m guessing you might find some interest on here.  There are plenty of free and cash Startup/orphan dynasty and redraft leagues in Sleeper too
    Mearcats
    Mearcats

Post by Mearcats Sat Aug 22, 2020 10:18 am

danaconda86 wrote:My thoughts:

PPR. But ok with 0.5 PPR

Will hold at half PPR for this year with the idea of moving to full PPR in the future. Would also prefer to stick to DST this year as IDP is a whole new kettle of fish and probably not something we'll have time to explain to people this year.

Sleeper can most definitely handle an auction format but for the sake of time and continuity we'll stick to redraft this year.
    Revraiser
    Revraiser
    Fanatic

Post by Revraiser Sat Aug 22, 2020 10:22 am

If waiver claims are processed, then after a few days u want to grab a player sitting there, u just enter a $0 bid and he would be yours ?
    Mearcats
    Mearcats

Post by Mearcats Sat Aug 22, 2020 10:25 am

Revraiser wrote:So many Q's u NFL starved muppets !

By all means, if i am out of the loop and there is a genuine reason in that it balances RB v WR then i do not want to be the only one against it. I think i was burned by having one PPR season where the admin (elsewhere) had PPR at 1.5 per catch.

What exactly is 'redraft' ?

I am all G for a cash league in L1, but realise time is not on our side.

For FAAB, If u bag a player at a bid of say $18, and the closest 2nd bidder was say $10 - do u pay 18 or 11 ? Lol way to confuse everyone Rev...

Cash some super in Danaconda Smile

It really is a better system Revs and I think you'll see that with the half point format this year. There is a hell of a lot of scoring settings that you can customise in PPR scoring and if you haven't be read in on the changes (especially with extra points for first downs, tight ends and things) then you can very quickly be left behind and feel as though you never stood a chance.

With that in mind, we will stick with the default settings. It will all be what you already know just that it balances out WRs and RBs. Guys with good hands get appropriately adjusted to be bought in line with pure workload players.

I think one of the guys runs a cash league in VSDT but not sure who or if it is going this year. This league will just remain free tho.

Redraft is simply referring to "redrafting" a new team each year as opposed to keeper/dynasty leagues.

Current date/time is Sat Jul 27, 2024 3:59 pm