NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

2020/21 NFL Fantasy

Poll

Should I stay or should I go?

[ 12 ]
    2020/21 NFL Fantasy  Bar_left75%2020/21 NFL Fantasy  Bar_right [75%] 
    [ 4 ]
    2020/21 NFL Fantasy  Bar_left25%2020/21 NFL Fantasy  Bar_right [25%] 

Total Votes: 16
    Poll closed
    Mearcats
    Mearcats

2020/21 NFL Fantasy  Empty 2020/21 NFL Fantasy

Post by Mearcats Thu Aug 20, 2020 6:58 pm

G'Day all you mad shaggers!

The new season of NFL fantasy is fast approaching so I thought I'd start a thread up to start getting everyone together again.

Am hoping to get everyone that was apart of of the three leagues back together again and if there is enough people interested we can either play them as twelve man leagues or potentially have four leagues of 10.

We are also looking at potentially rolling over to the Sleeper platform this year instead of NFL Fantasy so feel free to let us know how you feel about that.

I'll need some help (if possible) from guys that have organised this in the past as I never have and dunno what the hell I'm doing (like the Broncs organisation) so if there's people around that can help with that I'd appreciate it.

Looking forward to getting the ball rolling all!

P.S. Kickers suck!
    Welshy
    Welshy

2020/21 NFL Fantasy  Empty Re: 2020/21 NFL Fantasy

Post by Welshy Thu Aug 20, 2020 7:10 pm

Mearcats wrote:G'Day all you mad shaggers!

The new season of NFL fantasy is fast approaching so I thought I'd start a thread up to start getting everyone together again.

Am hoping to get everyone that was apart of of the three leagues back together again and if there is enough people interested we can either play them as twelve man leagues or potentially have four leagues of 10.

We are also looking at potentially rolling over to the Sleeper platform this year instead of NFL Fantasy so feel free to let us know how you feel about that.

I'll need some help (if possible) from guys that have organised this in the past as I never have and dunno what the hell I'm doing (like the Broncs organisation) so if there's people around that can help with that I'd appreciate it.

P.S. Kickers suck!

I will be in mate will set up leagues again when im off work again
    robelgordo
    robelgordo
    Fanatic

Post by robelgordo Thu Aug 20, 2020 7:11 pm

No strong preference on platform. Looking forward to promotion to L2
    Revraiser
    Revraiser
    Fanatic

Post by Revraiser Thu Aug 20, 2020 7:12 pm

Hey Mearcats , I know nothing of Sleeper - sell it to me Basketball
    Mearcats
    Mearcats

Post by Mearcats Thu Aug 20, 2020 7:14 pm

Welshy wrote:

You the best mate! I'm happy to help (or do it myself if you wanna walk me through it) as will have a bit of time on my hands over the next week.

I will be in mate will set up leagues again when im off work again
    Russ
    Russ

Post by Russ Thu Aug 20, 2020 7:16 pm

Mearcats wrote:G'Day all you mad shaggers!

P.S. Kickers suck!

Thanks for getting the ball rolling @mearcats

I'm keen, and Sleeper is far superior, no comparison really

Assuming leagues will roll over and continue on from last year (with tweaks subject to league size and participant numbers)?  Hopefully we can get everyone back who was in 2019 League 1 last year - finishing order from the NFL App and a guess as to who it was follows:

StirlingSharpe (Revs?)
    Garoppopotamus (Random?)
    Bundah Boys (Jelejasof?) - won the final
    RnT
    Russ
    Canterbury Charizards (???)
    Deuces
    Boydz 2 Men (EGF? or ???)
    Mearcats
    Breesy does it (Ryno?)
    Mearcats
    Mearcats

Post by Mearcats Thu Aug 20, 2020 7:17 pm

Revraiser wrote:Hey Mearcats ,  I know nothing of Sleeper - sell it to me Basketball

Hahaha, it's just far superior mate. The UI makes NFL Fantasy look like a kid made it using a clip art app, has customisable league settings, has a fantastic in app chat system allowing for plenty of banter etc. A bunch of us from here use it as our platform for dynasty (for a few years now) and we all rate it well above the other options.

Off topic, good to chat to you lad, hope all has been well!
    Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Thu Aug 20, 2020 7:18 pm

Definite move to sleeper
    Mearcats
    Mearcats

Post by Mearcats Thu Aug 20, 2020 7:24 pm

Russ wrote:

Assuming leagues will roll over and continue on from last year (with tweaks subject to league size and participant numbers)?  Hopefully we can get everyone back who was in 2019 League 1 last year - finishing order from the NFL App and a guess as to who it was follows:

StirlingSharpe (Revs?)
    Garoppopotamus (Random?)
    RnT
    Russ
    Deuces
    Mearcats
    Breesy does it (Ryno?)

Absolute legend for getting the list together Russ! Hopefully we can figure out last years final standings to sort out promotion relegation etc although haven't yet found that on the NFL app.

RnT is Rippin n Tearin, I believe Canterbury Charizards is the resident softcock award winner (SI) though I could be wrong. Breesy is @Ryno... Not 100% sure on who the rest are (asides from yourself obviously) but hopefully we can get that all sorted pronto. We running outta weeks until kick off and need to draft yet!
    Mearcats
    Mearcats

Post by Mearcats Thu Aug 20, 2020 7:31 pm

robelgordo wrote:No strong preference on platform. Looking forward to promotion to L2

Ah, you were Vapor Lock! I was wondering who that was! Bloody good season last year mate and will ensure we get you bumped up into L2 for the upcoming year. Glad to have you back on board @robelgordo!
    Russ
    Russ

Post by Russ Thu Aug 20, 2020 7:35 pm

Mearcats wrote:

Absolute legend for getting the list together Russ! Hopefully we can figure out last years final standings to sort out promotion relegation etc although haven't yet found that on the NFL app.

RnT is Rippin n Tearin, I believe Canterbury Charizards is the resident softcock award winner (SI) though I could be wrong. Breesy is @Ryno... Not 100% sure on who the rest are (asides from yourself obviously) but hopefully we can get that all sorted pronto. We running outta weeks until kick off and need to draft yet!

That is the final standings after regular season.  The NFL app has been updated to make it easier to look at history (but is still piss poor compared to Sleeper).  On the App, go to League (bottom menu) > Hall of Fame > Select 2019 from the drop down app and its all there

Easy to do same for League 3.
    StuDogg101
    StuDogg101

Post by StuDogg101 Thu Aug 20, 2020 7:38 pm

I'll play whatever the platform! I was the Canterbury Charizards
    Revraiser
    Revraiser
    Fanatic

Post by Revraiser Thu Aug 20, 2020 7:38 pm

Russ wrote:

StirlingSharpe (Revs?)
    Garoppopotamus (Random?)
    RnT
    Russ
    Deuces
    Mearcats
    Breesy does it (Ryno?)

Yeah top o the pile that's was me, almost shed a tear or two here... gr8 to have a whiff of it back. Cant wait.

Last edited by Revraiser on Thu Aug 20, 2020 7:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
    danaconda86
    danaconda86

Post by danaconda86 Thu Aug 20, 2020 7:40 pm

Hey all,

Keen as for NFL fantasy again this year. Likewise, looking forward to the promotion from L3 😁
    It was the top two for promotion, right?

Any dynasty and/or cash leagues going this year?
    Revraiser
    Revraiser
    Fanatic

Post by Revraiser Thu Aug 20, 2020 7:40 pm

Mearcats wrote:

Hahaha, it's just far superior mate. The UI makes NFL Fantasy look like a kid made it using a clip art app, has customisable league settings, has a fantastic in app chat system allowing for plenty of banter etc. A bunch of us from here use it as our platform for dynasty (for a few years now) and we all rate it well above the other options.

Off topic, good to chat to you lad, hope all has been well!

Alright sold, vote in.

Yes mate going pretty well here, how u doing ? Farming up a storm or on to the next project ?

Mearcats
    Mearcats

Post by Mearcats Thu Aug 20, 2020 7:41 pm

Russ wrote:

That is the final standings after regular season.  The NFL app has been updated to make it easier to look at history (but is still piss poor compared to Sleeper).  On the App, go to League (bottom menu) > Hall of Fame > Select 2019 from the drop down app and its all there

Easy to do same for League 3.

Bloody genius you are! I'm a wee retarded with that app so I appreciate you good sir! Did you also fill in in L3 last year?
    BCT05
    BCT05

Post by BCT05 Thu Aug 20, 2020 7:46 pm

Hey lads haven't played NFL fantasy in a couple of years but would be keen to join in with you lot if there's room :ThumbsUp:
    Mearcats
    Mearcats

Post by Mearcats Thu Aug 20, 2020 7:47 pm

danaconda86 wrote:Hey all,

Keen as for NFL fantasy again this year. Likewise, looking forward to the promotion from L3 😁
    It was the top two for promotion, right?

Any dynasty and/or cash leagues going this year?

Top two is indeed promo @danaconda86, pumped to have ya back mate and will ensure you move up to L2. Is there anyone from from L2 here that can post up last years league standings for us so that I can start compiling names/usernames lists etc and get in contact with people?
    Russ
    Russ

Post by Russ Thu Aug 20, 2020 7:48 pm

Mearcats wrote:

Bloody genius you are! I'm a wee retarded with that app so I appreciate you good sir! Did you also fill in in L3 last year?

yes mate, looks like quite a few filled in to make up the numbers - you, me, Welshy, maybe Bronchose all filled in.

the NFL app says @danaconda86 finished top of L3 in regular season, and lost to @robelgordo in the final, so they are the 2 that would go up to L2 if the relegation/promotion thing is still the same as last year.

L1 and L3 were 10 teams and i think L2 may have been 12 teams, so that might need consideration
    FalconSloth
    FalconSloth

Post by FalconSloth Thu Aug 20, 2020 7:50 pm

ill do it this year. I think i did it last year but this year I think i can give it a better crack

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 2:02 pm