NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy Part 74 - The Mods are Asleep Edition

my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

NRL Fantasy Part 74 - The Mods are Asleep Edition - Page 16 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy Part 74 - The Mods are Asleep Edition

Post by my tv broke Tue Aug 11, 2020 10:19 am

Milchcow wrote:I'm sitting at about the same rank as you mtb.
    We've got similar teams, but I only have 4 trades, so you have a bit of an advantage there.

So I am tossing up whether to use 2 trades this week bringing in guns and go for it hoping for a good run with injuries, or just play it safe and hope for a "good" ranking.

But I can go into this week with a team that includes Cook, McInnes, Haas, Taumalolo, Cleary, Teddy, Ponga
    with a 17, 18, 19th men of Fogarty, Nikorima, Sironen  (Or Brimson instead of Nikorima) and no CTR cover for Talau/Crichton.
    That would be carrying Munster, and only 2 trades for injuries

I can probably make it into the top 10 if I make the right choices (ie not having injured players), but without hindsight can't know who to pick beforehand.

meet you at the top Beer cheer
    robelgordo
    robelgordo
    Fanatic

NRL Fantasy Part 74 - The Mods are Asleep Edition - Page 16 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy Part 74 - The Mods are Asleep Edition

Post by robelgordo Tue Aug 11, 2020 10:19 am

Milchcow wrote:I'm sitting at about the same rank as you mtb.
    We've got similar teams, but I only have 4 trades, so you have a bit of an advantage there.

So I am tossing up whether to use 2 trades this week bringing in guns and go for it hoping for a good run with injuries, or just play it safe and hope for a "good" ranking.

But I can go into this week with a team that includes Cook, McInnes, Haas, Taumalolo, Cleary, Teddy, Ponga
    with a 17, 18, 19th men of Fogarty, Nikorima, Sironen  (Or Brimson instead of Nikorima) and no CTR cover for Talau/Crichton.
    That would be carrying Munster, and only 2 trades for injuries

I can probably make it into the top 10 if I make the right choices (ie not having injured players), but without hindsight can't know who to pick beforehand.

If you're not first, you're last.

It's a strong final team IMO. I think Fogarty + Niko/Brimson is a good 17th man for a loop. You could get 50+ from one of them most weeks.
    Camo123
    Camo123
    Fanatic

Post by Camo123 Tue Aug 11, 2020 10:25 am

robelgordo wrote:

It's a strong final team IMO. I think Fogarty + Niko/Brimson is a good 17th man for a loop. You could get 50+ from one of them most weeks.

Only problem with Fogarty/Brimson as loop is they're from same team so hard to loop. I reckon Nikorima would probably edge Brimson on average though anyway but Brimson does provide better coverage
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Tue Aug 11, 2020 10:26 am

robelgordo wrote:

There are prizes down to 5th.

I mean who wouldn't want $750 of KFC

Also a prize for club winner going as well (should have been a Raiders fan, their current club leader is 86th overall)

Ironically, i am a titans fan for fantasy purposes as their league is generally easier to win. But the guy coming 4th is a Titans fan, and I'd be winning the Tigers league.
    robelgordo
    robelgordo
    Fanatic

Post by robelgordo Tue Aug 11, 2020 10:28 am

Camo123 wrote:

Only problem with Fogarty/Brimson as loop is they're from same team so hard to loop. I reckon Nikorima would probably edge Brimson on average though anyway but Brimson does provide better coverage

Yeah I didn't think that through fully. This is probably why the guys coming 27th and 28th shouldn't listen to the guy who just dropped out of the top 1000.

At least I am destroying my main Nearly Sport comp this year. Is there a NearlySportfanatics forum?

Last edited by robelgordo on Tue Aug 11, 2020 10:28 am; edited 1 time in total
    Chewie
    Chewie
    Fanatic

Post by Chewie Tue Aug 11, 2020 10:28 am

multiple.scoregasms wrote:Things have been very quiet around here the last couple of days. Think it's mainly the lack of trades?

People licking their wounds after the round
    StormTrooper96
    StormTrooper96

Post by StormTrooper96 Tue Aug 11, 2020 10:28 am

Milchcow wrote:

Also a prize for club winner going as well (should have been a Raiders fan, their current club leader is 86th overall)

Ironically, i am a titans fan for fantasy purposes as their league is generally easier to win. But the guy coming 4th is a Titans fan, and I'd be winning the Tigers league.

I am 93rd overall and 6th in the Storm comp. I have a slim chance of winning (guy in front is 23rd overall but only 130 points ahead). This week I next I will start making some real pushes up the rankings with my team.
    filthridden
    filthridden

Post by filthridden Tue Aug 11, 2020 10:29 am

Milchcow wrote:

He's probably as much a Titans fan as you are!

I will be a Melbourne Storm fan for fantasy purposes next year I think. Warriors always have a fan finishing near the top.
    Camo123
    Camo123
    Fanatic

Post by Camo123 Tue Aug 11, 2020 10:31 am

filthridden wrote:

He's probably as much a Titans fan as you are!

I will be a Melbourne Storm fan for fantasy purposes next year I think. Warriors always have a fan finishing near the top.

Storm league was surprisingly not very competitive last year Razz

Much tougher this year
    mrbrownstone
    mrbrownstone

Post by mrbrownstone Tue Aug 11, 2020 10:33 am

Are Siro -> Nikorima or Fog -> N Brown worth doing, or both a bit sideways?
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Tue Aug 11, 2020 10:34 am

robelgordo wrote:

Yeah I didn't think that through fully. This is probably why the guys coming 27th and 28th shouldn't listen to the guy who just dropped out of the top 1000.

At least I am destroying my main Nearly Sport comp this year. Is there a NearlySportfanatics forum?

No forum. There has been a thread at times, but not heaps of interest here. So just chat about here.

I have a dynasty league on NearlySport, and my team is killing it this year
    435 points scored and only 135 conceded.

Just waiting for everyone to get injured so I die in the finals (Munster, AFifita, DSaifiti, Twal, Capewell currently on my injured list)
    multiple.scoregasms
    multiple.scoregasms
    Fanatic

Post by multiple.scoregasms Tue Aug 11, 2020 10:35 am

Rabbits21 wrote:
    I have 6 left not sure whether to go Pearce to Moses or upgrade Lucy, Murray or Yeo to McInnes or Cook, thoughts?

6 trades and 179k spare:

Hunt
    Haas MoFo
    Murray Taumalolo Yeo
    Cleary Pearce
    Aubusson Latrell
    Teddy Ponga Pap

Carrigan Taupau Lucy Sironen
    S. Crichton Hammer Randall Niu

The concerns with Pearce were that he would lose kick metres with Green around which wasn't the case. He is still the same scorer he was before the signing which was a borderline keeper. He is a hold IMO

Lucy, Murray and Yeo all seem to be borderline keepers as well with Murray(edge) and Yeo(minutes) having concerns about viability moving forward.

I'd probably look at 2 trades to improve depth moving forward. Crichton to Moses moves Sironen to 18th man. Hammer>439K or less to get you some decent coverage leaves you with a better 17, decent 18th man and backs coverage with someone like Campbell Graham/Hiku/Mbye/Boyd/Dugan

This leaves 4 trades for injuries to hang on until the wheels fall off
    Moanaman
    Moanaman

Post by Moanaman Tue Aug 11, 2020 10:38 am

Wfb3 i currently have Ponga and Teddy and can get anyone with one trade. What are your thoughts? CNK? NOFO? AJ? RTS?
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Fanatic

Post by Liverpool_Bulldog Tue Aug 11, 2020 10:42 am

Think I’m leaning towards Cook over McInnes at this stage. No idea why as they should have a very similar average come seasons end.
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Tue Aug 11, 2020 10:45 am

multiple.scoregasms wrote:

The concerns with Pearce were that he would lose kick metres with Green around which wasn't the case. He is still the same scorer he was before the signing which was a borderline keeper. He is a hold IMO

Problem with Pearce on the weekend was his tackle count was way down, but missed tackle count was way up. Plus Ponga was on fire and all the attack was going through him. I don't think Green's presence was a big impact on his scoring

I don't think its a major concern. I'd upgrade him to someone like Cleary, but Moses would be a more marginal benefit.
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Tue Aug 11, 2020 10:47 am

Liverpool_Bulldog wrote:Think I’m leaning towards Cook over McInnes at this stage. No idea why as they should have a very similar average come seasons end.

They'll both score well, so its a bit of coin flipping action to see who is better.

Cook has gone 2 weeks without a single attacking stat.
    He's scored 100 points, 99 of them from tackles and run metres (and a sole kick metre point)

Surely he'll have to get something soon, even just a little slapsy TB
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Fanatic

Post by Liverpool_Bulldog Tue Aug 11, 2020 10:50 am

Milchcow wrote:

They'll both score well, so its a bit of coin flipping action to see who is better.

Cook has gone 2 weeks without a single attacking stat.
    He's scored 100 points, 99 of them from tackles and run metres (and a sole kick metre point)

Surely he'll have to get something soon, even just a little slapsy TB

Yeah here’s hoping it’s time for a purple patch of sorts. Also expecting Butcher to be named outside the 17 this week, just a gut feel that one
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Tue Aug 11, 2020 10:54 am

Milchcow wrote: I don't think Green's presence was a big impact on his scoring

I don't think its a major concern. I'd upgrade him to someone like Cleary, but Moses would be a more marginal benefit.

If people want to continue to be worried about Pearce/Green, Green did say in the fox pre game that he had only had one training session and he was basically going to sit on the left and let Pearce/Ponga play the way they usually play.

I honestly doubt that it changes much though.

I'm keeping Pearce for now.. I'll trade RTS to Moses and see how things go.

Last edited by my tv broke on Tue Aug 11, 2020 10:58 am; edited 1 time in total
    Khany
    Khany

Post by Khany Tue Aug 11, 2020 10:57 am

2nd place is the first loser
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Tue Aug 11, 2020 10:59 am

Milchcow wrote:

If I win $750 of KFC then there will be a lot of people getting a lot of free KFC from me.

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 3:24 am