NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy Part 74 - The Mods are Asleep Edition

my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

NRL Fantasy Part 74 - The Mods are Asleep Edition - Page 34 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy Part 74 - The Mods are Asleep Edition

Post by my tv broke Wed Aug 12, 2020 9:52 am

Re Pangai, from Badel/Meyn at CM

"The Tongan international will have five days to respond to the breach notice, but unless he can provide a compelling counterargument, it appears Pangai Jr has played his last game for the Broncos."

"Broncos powerbrokers have had enough of Pangai Jr’s attitude – on and off the field – and discussed a zero-tolerance stance."

Apparently the CCTV shows Pangai presenting a Broncos jersey to someone at the barbershop.
    multiple.scoregasms
    multiple.scoregasms
    Fanatic

NRL Fantasy Part 74 - The Mods are Asleep Edition - Page 34 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy Part 74 - The Mods are Asleep Edition

Post by multiple.scoregasms Wed Aug 12, 2020 9:53 am

Milchcow wrote:
    Tangentially fantasy related. Yesterday mentioned to Robelgordo I have a dynasty team in NearlySport.

Today I have to make a decision on whether I want to keep Erin Clark or not into next year.
    Do people think he will get any sort of decent role in 2021? or should I just cut him loose?

Assuming dynasty you can keep as many as possible.

With no real "rookie class" like NFL fantasy it's tough to bank on a future prospect where the likes of Clark wouldn't even be considered. We will certainly get some new rookies/change of role guys coming onto the scene so I'd probably let him go
    FaringdonSwirl
    FaringdonSwirl

Post by FaringdonSwirl Wed Aug 12, 2020 9:55 am

broncos1718 wrote:Robson
    Fotuaika Haas
    carrigan lolo katoa
    cleary moses
    peachy talau
    lomax ponga pap

hunt koro starling latrell
    niu randall grant hetherington

290k in the bank with 8 trades left
    thinking of going robson > tevaga and possibly katoa > mcinnes
    not sure if i want to use 2 trades this week
    any tips?

I like both these trades. Would you start Koro, with Tevaga and MC9 into 2RF? Lets you bench Carrigan to give you FRF cover.
    RandomSil
    RandomSil

Post by RandomSil Wed Aug 12, 2020 9:58 am

Tommy_gun wrote:So I have 5 trades left (pre-trades) and almost 300k in the bank.

I want to upgrade Young and see 2 options:
    Young > Tapau - gives me front row cover and 150k in the bank, but not that sold on Marty this year
    Young > Fifita - Fifita higher ceiling however means that I am running with only 2 props and only 50k in bank

Cook
    Hass Carrigan
    Murray Yeo Lolo
    Cleary Pearce
    S.Crichton Talau
    Teddy Pap Ponga
    Hunt Tevaga Young Starling
    Farnworth HTF Randall Wiliame

I still prefer Fifita even without the extra balance. With 4 trades left afterwards you should be okay.
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Fanatic

Post by Liverpool_Bulldog Wed Aug 12, 2020 9:58 am

TU: Robson to McInnes and keep Butcher (4 trades remaining)
    TD: Robson to Cook and Butcher to Moses (3 trades remaining)

Will be mulling this over all day long
    ShadowSabre
    ShadowSabre

Post by ShadowSabre Wed Aug 12, 2020 9:58 am

Welshy wrote:
    Fui a likely trade in for me because I can keep Munster and play a decent 2RF option in his place for peanuts

This is exactly my reasoning for this, plus it removes a red dot from my reserves in Niu
    StormTrooper96
    StormTrooper96

Post by StormTrooper96 Wed Aug 12, 2020 10:01 am

Milchcow wrote:
    Tangentially fantasy related. Yesterday mentioned to Robelgordo I have a dynasty team in NearlySport.

Today I have to make a decision on whether I want to keep Erin Clark or not into next year.
    Do people think he will get any sort of decent role in 2021? or should I just cut him loose?

I think Titans are on track to a few good years. I reckon they will pick up a cheap 9 over the off the season. He doesn't strike me as the type of player the coach would see in his plans to get the Titans out of this slump. I think he is on the hunt for a decent 6/7 and a 9 over the off season.

Hookers who have an option for 2021:
    Turpin has a player option for 2021 and 2022
    Havili has a PO for 2021
    Starling off contract
    Levi off contract
    Cameron Smith
    McCullough
    Watson
    Roache
    Cotter
    Will Smith
    Jake Friend
    Mbye being shopped around (Tigers to pay 400K of his 800K contract too)

There are quite a few 9's off contract next year with no spot locked in yet.
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Wed Aug 12, 2020 10:05 am

multiple.scoregasms wrote:

Assuming dynasty you can keep as many as possible.

With no real "rookie class" like NFL fantasy it's tough to bank on a future prospect where the likes of Clark wouldn't even be considered. We will certainly get some new rookies/change of role guys coming onto the scene so I'd probably let him go

We can keep as many players each year as salary cap allows. I've had a good year so will be shedding a bunch of players in the off-season as they all jump in price.

But I am a chance at winning the comp will dump Clark and see if I can pick up a short term prospect just to try get some points over the next 2 months. Unless Peats goes down again Clark unlikely to do anything this year
    White Lightning
    White Lightning
    Fanatic

Post by White Lightning Wed Aug 12, 2020 10:07 am

I have 5 trades left & no trades for me this week. I'm going to loop Young & B. Sironen. My loop plan relies on Randall not playing so hopefully he's 1 of the 2 players cut from the 21 so it's clear he won't play.

Cook
    Haas (c), J. Paulo
    Taumalolo, Yeo, Carrigan
    Cleary, DCE
    S. Crichton, Talau
    Tedesco, Ponga, Pappy

Mann, B. Hunt, Luai, Randall
    B. Sironen, Young, HTF, Wiliame
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Wed Aug 12, 2020 10:10 am

Tommy_gun wrote:So I have 5 trades left (pre-trades) and almost 300k in the bank.

I want to upgrade Young and see 2 options:
    Young > Tapau - gives me front row cover and 150k in the bank, but not that sold on Marty this year
    Young > Fifita - Fifita higher ceiling however means that I am running with only 2 props and only 50k in bank

Cook
    Hass Carrigan
    Murray Yeo Lolo
    Cleary Pearce
    S.Crichton Talau
    Teddy Pap Ponga
    Hunt Tevaga Young Starling
    Farnworth HTF Randall Wiliame

Tough one.

I do think the FRF cover would be the clincher for me. You are in a better position than most with 5 trades, but even then we still have a 3rd of the season to go.

Only problem is you need to make the trade before Manly final teams so would hope you’ve heard if Marty has passed HIA protocols prior. It was a decent knock. If he doesn’t play you end up with Herbie or Hammer in your 17 if I’m looking at your team right after Tevaga moves into the 13.

Gut feel is if ever Difi was going to go on a bad run of scores it’s now as well.

Extra 100k is nothing to sneeze at either.

filthridden
    filthridden

Post by filthridden Wed Aug 12, 2020 10:16 am

Don't know if its been mentioned but Kane Evans to Warriors is official.

Yuck.
    robelgordo
    robelgordo
    Fanatic

Post by robelgordo Wed Aug 12, 2020 10:18 am

Milchcow wrote:

We can keep as many players each year as salary cap allows. I've had a good year so will be shedding a bunch of players in the off-season as they all jump in price.

But I am a chance at winning the comp will dump Clark and see if I can pick up a short term prospect just to try get some points over the next 2 months. Unless Peats goes down again Clark unlikely to do anything this year

Based on info provided, would say he's a cut.
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Wed Aug 12, 2020 10:21 am

my tv broke wrote:

Apparently the CCTV shows Pangai presenting a Broncos jersey to someone at the barbershop.

Why would you go out of your way to intentionally upset a room full of Bikies by disrespecting them like this...
    White Lightning
    White Lightning
    Fanatic

Post by White Lightning Wed Aug 12, 2020 10:23 am

filthridden wrote:Don't know if its been mentioned but Kane Evans to Warriors is official.

Yuck.

I like it in the regard that he's a big & tall & plays with a lot of aggression. This is what we need to dominate opposing packs. That's why I think Hetherington out will be a big loss because he brings that aggression & wants to dominate. None of our current props have that level of aggression.
    White Lightning
    White Lightning
    Fanatic

Post by White Lightning Wed Aug 12, 2020 10:24 am

standard-issue wrote:

Why would you go out of your way to intentionally upset a room full of Bikies by disrespecting them like this...

lol!
    Shady2K
    Shady2K

Post by Shady2K Wed Aug 12, 2020 10:27 am

Ignoring positions - would you go for:

TU: Moses + Bateman
    TD: Tevaga + Matterson (assuming he drops to around 750k)
    Revraiser
    Revraiser
    Fanatic

Post by Revraiser Wed Aug 12, 2020 10:30 am

robelgordo wrote:

I think he was legitimately dropped and won't come in.

All other players the Roosters have not played they've said it's precautionary due to coming off HIA (Teddy) or a niggle (JWH, B/J Moz), and they've been straight back in.

Why go through the effort of saying someone was dropped, then naming them in 21 the following week?

He's not Mary hey.

How are u brother!?

Beating Heart
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Wed Aug 12, 2020 10:31 am

mrbrownstone wrote:Young -> CM9 locked in as my first trade. Leaves me with 6.

Tossing up a few variations for a second:

Siro -> Nikorima
    HTF -> Cotric for boom/bust potential
    Fog -> N Brown
    Talau -> Fui to free up some cash
    Niu/Randall -> Fui for depth
    Pappy -> Brimson to free up some cash

Any of those worth doing, or just hold?

Team:

Spoiler:

Talau to Fui if I was to do any. Gives you a decent combination of coin and depth.

filthridden
    filthridden

Post by filthridden Wed Aug 12, 2020 10:38 am

White Lightning wrote:

I like it in the regard that he's a big & tall & plays with a lot of aggression. This is what we need to dominate opposing packs. That's why I think Hetherington out will be a big loss because he brings that aggression & wants to dominate. None of our current props have that level of aggression.

Definitely agree with it from this perspective.

Don't agree with it from the point of his shadow boxing in the back of a team mates sex video and using a racial slur against Joey Vuna in the reserves not too long ago.
    Just doesn't strike me as a good character. Then again if we really are looking at signing JDB apparently the club no longer gives a shit about the character of the player.
    Rabbits21
    Rabbits21
    Fanatic

Post by Rabbits21 Wed Aug 12, 2020 10:45 am

Does anyone have Lucy and Cook’s official BE’s?

Current date/time is Tue May 21, 2024 4:45 am