NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy Part 74 - The Mods are Asleep Edition

robelgordo
    robelgordo
    Fanatic

NRL Fantasy Part 74 - The Mods are Asleep Edition - Page 9 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy Part 74 - The Mods are Asleep Edition

Post by robelgordo Mon Aug 10, 2020 2:52 pm

StormTrooper96 wrote:Players Expected to Return this week (via NRL Casualty Ward)
    - S.Havili
    - J.Averillo
    - R.Mulitalo
    - S.Sorenson
    - C.Sironen
    - J.Thompson
    - B.Parker
    - M.King
    - B.Lee
    - D.Saifiti
    - R.Matterson
    - D.Edwards
    - H.Sele
    - B.Wiliame
    - J.Morris
    - JWH
    - B.Morris
    - A.Crichton
    - N.Roache
    - A.Twal
    - J.Liddle

Players I expect back early
    - A.Fifita
    - Turbo
    - C.Smith

Make it so!

Sorenson was also back already yesterday. Scores about 1PPM, could be useful if you're in a deep draft league.
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

NRL Fantasy Part 74 - The Mods are Asleep Edition - Page 9 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy Part 74 - The Mods are Asleep Edition

Post by wolfking Mon Aug 10, 2020 2:54 pm

StormTrooper96 wrote:

Who?

Only if Siro and/or Thompson are out again you'd think.
    StormTrooper96
    StormTrooper96

Post by StormTrooper96 Mon Aug 10, 2020 2:57 pm

UPDATE ON SEIBOLD SAGA

Another photo circling the FB realms has the following manuscript

"Spoke to a mate from school who is the chief editor for the CM. He's been in meetings all day with Broncos bosses and NRL. They want his paper to hold off on his Seibold story for 2 weeks.

Seibolds missus has left home. He's been on the coke and drinking too much. Also he slept with one of the younger boys ex girlfriend.

They are worried about his mental state - Broncos dont want it coming out at the moment cause it will put more pressure on White and the Chairman."
    Erin Moleman
    Erin Moleman

Post by Erin Moleman Mon Aug 10, 2020 2:57 pm

wolfking wrote:

Only if Siro and/or Thompson are out again you'd think.

Any chance he plays a bit through the middle ? Keppie will come on but who else for taupau?
    multiple.scoregasms
    multiple.scoregasms
    Fanatic

Post by multiple.scoregasms Mon Aug 10, 2020 2:58 pm

Mr Snrub wrote:

You'd be hard pressed to find a team that is running with both Cook and McInnes. Most teams would probably be opting for one or the other. Bateman is a big POD option that could help your rankings but won't hinder you not having him either.  
    I daresay you're in with good timing of opting to get Teddy. His scores haven't been super high lately and he's dropped a lot of cash. You can definitely afford to wait with him. He's either going to drop more cash or somehow meet his BE and you'll know that's the cheapest he'll get.  

Ideal plan if I get Teddy is before he has the monster score that is just around the corner
    A 40 odd vs Melbourne then a week off to rest would work perfectly timing wise for my squad
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Mon Aug 10, 2020 2:59 pm

Paseka a 40 and a 51 in two starts this year. If he gets a start for a month, tempted to get him for Young and get Ponga for Pearce.
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Mon Aug 10, 2020 3:00 pm

Erin Moleman wrote:

Any chance he plays a bit through the middle ? Keppie will come on but who else for taupau?

Yeah, they are very thin now with AFB out for a month. Makes Taupau a really good option also.
    robelgordo
    robelgordo
    Fanatic

Post by robelgordo Mon Aug 10, 2020 3:06 pm

wolfking wrote:Paseka a 40 and a 51 in two starts this year.  If he gets a start for a month, tempted to get him for Young and get Ponga for Pearce.

Definitely like Paseka, seems to be a slapsy master from what I've seen and capable of 1PPM. Risk is minutes - only has 2 games over 40 minutes in his career. But they are recent - R10 when he started, and R13 with AFB injury - so could be worth a punt as a 45-50 avg off the bench.

Safer 400-500k option IMO is Kodi Nikorima

Blake Green averaged 47 for the Warriors R3-12. Kodi Nikorima scored 57 in R13 and took all Green's kicking metres.
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Mon Aug 10, 2020 3:10 pm

robelgordo wrote:

Definitely like Paseka, seems to be a slapsy master from what I've seen and capable of 1PPM. Risk is minutes - only has 2 games over 40 minutes in his career. But they are recent - R10 when he started, and R13 with AFB injury - so could be worth a punt as a 45-50 avg off the bench.

Blake Green averaged 47 for the Warriors R3-12. Kodi Nikorima scored 57 in R13 and took all Green's kicking metres.

Interesting, 540 kick metres, looks like a decent pick and has a secure spot. I really need a forward though.
    robelgordo
    robelgordo
    Fanatic

Post by robelgordo Mon Aug 10, 2020 3:17 pm

wolfking wrote:

Interesting, 540 kick metres, looks like a decent pick and has a secure spot.  I really need a forward though.

If you need a forward, Paseka is definitely a good cheap option if named to start. Worst case he's on JTB minutes and output (avg 35ish), best case he's plays Taupau minutes with similar output (45 but can go boom)
    No Worries
    No Worries

NRL FF Survivor Champion : I'm like the waterboy.

Post by No Worries Mon Aug 10, 2020 3:18 pm

StormTrooper96 wrote:UPDATE ON SEIBOLD SAGA

"Spoke to a mate from school who is the chief editor for the CM. He's been in meetings all day with Broncos bosses and NRL. They want his paper to hold off on his Seibold story for 2 weeks.

Seibolds missus has left home. He's been on the coke and drinking too much. Also he slept with one of the younger boys ex girlfriend.

They are worried about his mental state - Broncos dont want it coming out at the moment cause it will put more pressure on White and the Chairman."

If true, they may not be mates after that. Way to send Chris Jones under the bus. Not hard to google that.
    Chewie
    Chewie
    Fanatic

Post by Chewie Mon Aug 10, 2020 3:20 pm

robelgordo wrote:

Nikorima looks like a good shout at that price
    mattnz
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Mon Aug 10, 2020 3:21 pm

If anyone is looking for a decent 17th/18th man that is cheap, Nikorima looks like a decent option. With Green gone he had 540 km last week, his next highest ever was a 300 km. Warriors coming into some decent form too.

At $429k thanks mostly to a score of 0 a few weeks ago. With high km, would expect him to average around 50 for the rest of the season.

Will be one that I seriously look at for next season. A few interesting options starting to appear.
    robelgordo
    robelgordo
    Fanatic

Post by robelgordo Mon Aug 10, 2020 3:21 pm

No Worries wrote:

If true, they may not be mates after that. Way to send Chris Jones under the bus. Not hard to google that.

Makes me think its BS because you'd think the editor of a major newspaper isn't dishing stories they're sitting on to old school mates. Or at least not to the mates that are >0% chance of blabbing.
    Chewie
    Chewie
    Fanatic

Post by Chewie Mon Aug 10, 2020 3:23 pm

mattnz wrote:If anyone is looking for a decent 17th/18th man that is cheap, Nikorima looks like a decent option. With Green gone he had 540 km last week, his next highest ever was a 300 km. Warriors coming into some decent form too.

At $429k thanks mostly to a score of 0 a few weeks ago. With high km, would expect him to average around 50 for the rest of the season.

Will be one that I seriously look at for next season. A few interesting options starting to appear.

50 is probably a bit generous
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Mon Aug 10, 2020 3:25 pm

robelgordo wrote:

Makes me think its BS because you'd think the editor of a major newspaper isn't dishing stories they're sitting on to old school mates. Or at least not to the mates that are >0% chance of blabbing.

Its just more BS from anonymous idiots on FB.

Paul White (and board) major falling out with Bennett were due to his family issues (the way Bennett walked out on his family). Do you really think they'd stand behind Siebold if any of this was true? He'd have been fired already.

Last edited by my tv broke on Mon Aug 10, 2020 3:26 pm; edited 2 times in total
    mattnz
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Mon Aug 10, 2020 3:26 pm

StormTrooper96 wrote:UPDATE ON SEIBOLD SAGA

Surely if all true, you just fire the guy. Could have been fired for that off field, let alone his teams bad results.
    mattnz
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Mon Aug 10, 2020 3:29 pm

Chewie wrote:

50 is probably a bit generous
    Has averaged 43 in games he started and wasnt injured this season with an average of 149 km. If he gets an extra 17 points each week in km alone he could hit a 60 average. 50 seems a pretty safe bet.
    robelgordo
    robelgordo
    Fanatic

Post by robelgordo Mon Aug 10, 2020 3:32 pm

mattnz wrote:
    Has averaged 43 in games he started and wasnt injured this season with an average of 149 km. If he gets an extra 17 points each week in km alone he could hit a 60 average. 50 seems a pretty safe bet.

I'm with you, I think he'll go roughly 50ish (say 47-53). Like everyone else, I don't really have the trades to gamble on it. In a normal season, playing around the 2nd bye week he'd be a potential steal.
    churg
    churg

Post by churg Mon Aug 10, 2020 3:50 pm

Really hope Flanno is back in the Roosters 13 this week.

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 7:13 am