NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy Part 74 - The Mods are Asleep Edition

Chewie
    Chewie
    Fanatic

NRL Fantasy Part 74 - The Mods are Asleep Edition - Page 8 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy Part 74 - The Mods are Asleep Edition

Post by Chewie Mon Aug 10, 2020 2:06 pm

wolfking wrote:

Thanks mate.  Yeah, there were plenty of scores worse than mine.  Ponga just totally disrupts my team balance but means I have quite a few guns to carry a couple of dud options I'll need to play.  Those scores do hurt missing out on though.

Means playing both Young and Siro though which I thought would have been okay before the weekend....

An alternative option would be Papy to Ponga. With Papy facing the Roosters, Eels, Manly, and the Rabbitohs the next 4 rounds.
    it's a bit out of the box, but could work out ok
    ShadowSabre
    ShadowSabre

NRL Fantasy Part 74 - The Mods are Asleep Edition - Page 8 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy Part 74 - The Mods are Asleep Edition

Post by ShadowSabre Mon Aug 10, 2020 2:08 pm

Probably holding Munster with only 3 trades left, but my bench depth isn't looking great with Niu, Randall, HTF and Averillo... so Team lists could dictate I trade
    Bethany_B
    Bethany_B

Post by Bethany_B Mon Aug 10, 2020 2:10 pm

Milchcow wrote:
    People who got Munster in last week, are you holding or trading?

And what is the cutoff in trades remaining for changing your mind.

I have 4 trades left and am holding Munster.

If all of Flanno, Averillo and Randall are not playing this week, then I will be forced to trade to have 17 players (as I have Munster and Niu as well), in which case I will sell Niu first out of any of those guys, maybe Randall if I need a bit more money.

If Flanno is back then I'm still fine in the halves, if not (and one of the other two guys is back or I trade), then I can use Mann to cover halves.

Chewie
    Chewie
    Fanatic

Post by Chewie Mon Aug 10, 2020 2:14 pm

filthridden wrote:4 trades left for me and I will only be trading if either I can't field 17 or if I lose a gun for the season/close to the season.

18-21: Grant, Randall, Averillo, HTF

I have 4 left too with 233k ITB
    I'm looking at holding for now, waiting for Siro to make some more cash, and Fogarty to mature a bit more before upgrading.

But in saying that, I'm playing Papy in the EMG and if his score is low aganst the Rooster I'll be considering bringing in someone like CNK, Brimson, or Talau
    ShadowSabre
    ShadowSabre

Post by ShadowSabre Mon Aug 10, 2020 2:14 pm

Bethany_B wrote:

I have 4 trades left and am holding Munster.

If all of Flanno, Averillo and Randall are not playing this week, then I will be forced to trade to have 17 players (as I have Munster and Niu as well), in which case I will sell Niu first out of any of those guys, maybe Randall if I need a bit more money.

If Flanno is back then I'm still fine in the halves, if not (and one of the other two guys is back or I trade), then I can use Mann to cover halves.

Yep I will probably follow this path if Averillo and Randall are both out. I will likely trade one of them to someone fit and hopefully with some job security to cover Munster while he's out. Really don't want to do it though
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Mon Aug 10, 2020 2:15 pm

Chewie wrote:

An alternative option would be Papy to Ponga. With Papy facing the Roosters, Eels, Manly, and the Rabbitohs the next 4 rounds.
    it's a bit out of the box, but could work out ok

I did think about that. Would need a double trade though but have 7. Could take Mr Brownstones lead and trade him to Brimson then turn Young into Ponga. I don't know, I'll see if team lists makes things a bit clearer. I'm thinking a Tevaga/JTurbo option may be the smarter play unfortunately.
    robelgordo
    robelgordo
    Fanatic

Post by robelgordo Mon Aug 10, 2020 2:15 pm

Just noticed H2H leagues don’t include R12 on the app... guess they forgot to update for no byes post COVID. Appears correct on the mobile website version.
    StormTrooper96
    StormTrooper96

Post by StormTrooper96 Mon Aug 10, 2020 2:26 pm

I think I am just gonna wait till Thursday to do any trades again. Getting to business end of the year so just gonna throw shit at the wall and hope it sticks.
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Mon Aug 10, 2020 2:27 pm

If AFB is out, who comes in to start? Who came in when he was suspended?
    StormTrooper96
    StormTrooper96

Post by StormTrooper96 Mon Aug 10, 2020 2:34 pm

wolfking wrote:If AFB is out, who comes in to start?  Who came in when he was suspended?

Paseka?
    StormTrooper96
    StormTrooper96

Post by StormTrooper96 Mon Aug 10, 2020 2:39 pm

Players Expected to Return this week (via NRL Casualty Ward)
    - S.Havili
    - J.Averillo
    - R.Mulitalo
    - S.Sorenson
    - C.Sironen
    - J.Thompson
    - B.Parker
    - M.King
    - B.Lee
    - D.Saifiti
    - R.Matterson
    - D.Edwards
    - H.Sele
    - B.Wiliame
    - J.Morris
    - JWH
    - B.Morris
    - A.Crichton
    - N.Roache
    - A.Twal
    - J.Liddle

Players I expect back early
    - A.Fifita
    - Turbo
    - C.Smith
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Mon Aug 10, 2020 2:42 pm

StormTrooper96 wrote:

Paseka?

Hmmm.....

Post by Guest Mon Aug 10, 2020 2:43 pm

AFB out for approx 4 weeks
    https://twitter.com/nrlphysio/status/1292675709366710272?s=19
    Erin Moleman
    Erin Moleman

Post by Erin Moleman Mon Aug 10, 2020 2:45 pm

Could the big dog that scored 70 on the weekend get more time now
    StormTrooper96
    StormTrooper96

Post by StormTrooper96 Mon Aug 10, 2020 2:46 pm

Erin Moleman wrote:Could the big dog that scored 70 on the weekend get more time now

Who?
    multiple.scoregasms
    multiple.scoregasms

Post by multiple.scoregasms Mon Aug 10, 2020 2:46 pm

I’ve landed on one trade which leaves me 5 trades and this squad

Cook
    Haas, Mofo
    Taumalolo, Murray, Carrigan
    Cleary, DCE
    Croker, Asi
    Ponga, Papy, RTS

Koro, SJ, Moses, Munster

Sironen, Farnworth, Fermor, Niu

Sironen in to replace Munster expected this week(Carrigan bench for extra cover)

Will be tempted by Fermor>cashout and Papy/RTS to Teddy next week but will probably sit tight for a few weeks

Main players I’m concerned not owning are McInnes, Bateman and Teddy
    Mr Snrub
    Mr Snrub

Post by Mr Snrub Mon Aug 10, 2020 2:46 pm

ShadowSabre wrote:Probably holding Munster with only 3 trades left, but my bench depth isn't looking great with Niu, Randall, HTF and Averillo... so Team lists could dictate I trade

If you've got 3 trades left like me, I personally wouldn't waste one purely on depth.

Having Papenhuyzen with no WFB depth had me playing with 16 last round but I still scored well enough and rose in ranks ever so slightly. I'd rather take the hit of like 20-30 points from not having a back-up option like HTF so I can use the trades better on injured guns e.g using a trade to go Grant to McInnes last week.
    Erin Moleman
    Erin Moleman

Post by Erin Moleman Mon Aug 10, 2020 2:49 pm

StormTrooper96 wrote:

Who?

Manly backrower, won’t even attempt the name lol
    No Worries
    No Worries

NRL FF Survivor Champion : I'm like the waterboy.

Post by No Worries Mon Aug 10, 2020 2:49 pm

ELIMINATOR UPDATE

The results are in and the wrap for round 2 is complete

https://www.nrlfantasyfanatics.com/t1414p100-2020-nrl-ff-eliminator#440549

https://challonge.com/klsh6s8g
    Mr Snrub
    Mr Snrub

Post by Mr Snrub Mon Aug 10, 2020 2:51 pm

multiple.scoregasms wrote:I’ve landed on one trade which leaves me 5 trades and this squad

Cook
    Haas, Mofo
    Taumalolo, Murray, Carrigan
    Cleary, DCE
    Croker, Asi
    Ponga, Papy, RTS

Koro, SJ, Moses, Munster

Sironen, Farnworth, Fermor, Niu

Sironen in to replace Munster expected this week(Carrigan bench for extra cover)

Will be tempted by Fermor>cashout and Papy/RTS to Teddy next week but will probably sit tight for a few weeks

Main players I’m concerned not owning are McInnes, Bateman and Teddy

You'd be hard pressed to find a team that is running with both Cook and McInnes. Most teams would probably be opting for one or the other. Bateman is a big POD option that could help your rankings but won't hinder you not having him either.
    I daresay you're in with good timing of opting to get Teddy. His scores haven't been super high lately and he's dropped a lot of cash. You can definitely afford to wait with him. He's either going to drop more cash or somehow meet his BE and you'll know that's the cheapest he'll get.

Current date/time is Sat May 11, 2024 2:43 am