NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy Part 74 - The Mods are Asleep Edition

mattnz
    mattnz
    Fanatic

NRL Fantasy Part 74 - The Mods are Asleep Edition - Page 30 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy Part 74 - The Mods are Asleep Edition

Post by mattnz Tue Aug 11, 2020 8:31 pm

Moanaman wrote:

I hear TPJ might be available
    Warriors are the only side that might get an exemption to play him this season too
    Aardvark
    Aardvark

NRL Fantasy Part 74 - The Mods are Asleep Edition - Page 30 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy Part 74 - The Mods are Asleep Edition

Post by Aardvark Tue Aug 11, 2020 8:34 pm

Liverpool_Bulldog wrote:Hey lads, reckon I need to spend a trade or just sit with what I have.

McInnes
    Haas, Mofo
    Lolo, JTurbo, Murray
    DCE, Hunt
    Crichton, Talau
    Ponga, Teddy, Pappy

Carrigan, Leilua, Butcher, Sironen
    Munster, HTF, Randall, Niu

4 trades and 80k in the bank.

Sit for a week or two
    Mr Snrub
    Mr Snrub

Post by Mr Snrub Tue Aug 11, 2020 8:40 pm

Fortitude wrote:Is grant a sell? You’d have to assume the answer is a hard yes?

You've held him one week. Can you afford to do another 3?

Make the trade worth it though and get in one of the elite guns if you do trade.
    Pookus McFly
    Pookus McFly

Post by Pookus McFly Tue Aug 11, 2020 8:41 pm

Fortitude wrote:Is grant a sell? You’d have to assume the answer is a hard yes?

Someone on 360 raised a good point that if Tigers are out of contention with 4 weeks to go they might be more inclined to play Liddle who will be there next year rather than some guy who is off to the Storm next year
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Fanatic

Post by Liverpool_Bulldog Tue Aug 11, 2020 8:43 pm

multiple.scoregasms wrote:

Unless you wanted to use the last of your cash to upgrade Hammer to a better choice I'd sit tight. Sironen is a good enough 18th man to fill in here and there when needed

Yeah I’ve looked around and can’t really find anyone that fits that bill. HTF is my only WFB cover so anyone coming in would have to be WFB at a minimum.

Will just hold the trade and hopefully it’s useful down the track.

Cheers all
    mattnz
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Tue Aug 11, 2020 8:45 pm

Pookus McFly wrote:

Someone on 360 raised a good point that if Tigers are out of contention with 4 weeks to go they might be more inclined to play Liddle who will be there next year rather than some guy who is off to the Storm next year
    Wouldnt surprise me if he ends up staying at Tigers next season. If Cam isn't playing, Brandon has been assured he is next in line for hooker, which is his preferred position.
    thornycactus

Post by thornycactus Tue Aug 11, 2020 8:46 pm

I have  5 trades left and 125k itb
    Current team is:

Cook
    Haas Rudolf
    Tevaga Mcinnes Brown
    Cleary Hunt
    Crichton Lomax
    Teddy Ponga Pappy

Carrigan Young Luai Hethrington
    HTF Talau Randal Niu

Im thinking i do young to Fui and Hethrington to Paulo to give me this team for the run home.
    What are peoples thoughts.

Spoiler:
    sgdragons10
    sgdragons10

Post by sgdragons10 Tue Aug 11, 2020 9:12 pm

just posted my team in the assitant coach thread if anyone wants to have a look Very Happy
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Tue Aug 11, 2020 9:13 pm

Liverpool_Bulldog wrote:Hey lads, reckon I need to spend a trade or just sit with what I have.

McInnes
    Haas, Mofo
    Lolo, JTurbo, Murray
    DCE, Hunt
    Crichton, Talau
    Ponga, Teddy, Pappy

Carrigan, Leilua, Butcher, Sironen
    Munster, HTF, Randall, Niu

4 trades and 80k in the bank.

Probably should hold mate. Unless you can get a keeper for Butcher, which doesn't seem the case I'd ride a week.

I love how you ranked Munster higher than Hammer even though he's not playing lol.
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Tue Aug 11, 2020 9:15 pm

mattnz wrote:
    Wouldnt surprise me if he ends up staying at Tigers next season. If Cam isn't playing, Brandon has been assured he is next in line for hooker, which is his preferred position.

If they both stay and CSmith retires, there is surely no way they play Smith at hooker over Grant.
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Tue Aug 11, 2020 9:17 pm

mattnz wrote:

Part of the reason the Broncos need to broom the board/coach asap is to start setting up for 2021 and beyond.

Boyd/fifita/tpj money is free'd up, they need to be going after a big signing and grant would be my #1 target

Milford to storm/grant to broncos would suit both parties.. altho i still believe in milford

Last edited by my tv broke on Tue Aug 11, 2020 9:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
    code delta
    code delta

Post by code delta Tue Aug 11, 2020 9:25 pm

Can you please attribute where you get this stuff from.
    mattnz wrote:Seven months after retiring from rugby league because of a bleed on the brain, former Kiwis five-eighth Te Maire Martin is back on the field playing in Waikato club rugby for Ōtorohanga.

Martin, 24, said he is no longer suffering from “freaky” symptoms after ending his NRL career in January, nine months after his last appearance for the North Queensland Cowboys.

After some appearances with his two elder brothers for Ōtorohanga’s B team in June, Martin has stepped up to the A grade in Waikato’s premier club rugby competition in the last two weeks.
    Revraiser
    Revraiser
    Fanatic

Post by Revraiser Tue Aug 11, 2020 9:47 pm

Everyone worried about Carrigan ?
    Chewie
    Chewie
    Fanatic

Post by Chewie Tue Aug 11, 2020 9:50 pm

Revraiser wrote:Everyone worried about Carrigan ?

not in the slightest
    Aardvark
    Aardvark

Post by Aardvark Tue Aug 11, 2020 9:52 pm

Not at this stage...surely most have him regardless
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Tue Aug 11, 2020 9:54 pm

Why?
    Revraiser
    Revraiser
    Fanatic

Post by Revraiser Tue Aug 11, 2020 9:57 pm

Chewie wrote:

not in the slightest

Aardvark wrote:

Not at this stage...surely most have him regardless

wolfking wrote:

Why?

Just the reduced minutes Wolfie.
    mattnz
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Tue Aug 11, 2020 10:05 pm

code delta wrote:Can you please attribute where you get this stuff from.

Sure https://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/league/300079304/te-maire-martin-returns-via-club-rugby-after-retiring-from-nrl-due-to-bleed-on-the-brain

Quick tip: If you copy the text and google it, will show as top result
    danseels1985
    danseels1985

Post by danseels1985 Tue Aug 11, 2020 10:07 pm

Mr Snrub wrote:

What can you do. How much cash in the bank do you have?

Might have to play Lomax at WFB, cash out and run a cheap centre, get a gun in and run the gauntlet with 1 trade if you have the depth.

Only 6k. I could do Averillo to Fuimaono? NPRs are CS9,Averillo,Randall and Niu so I’m really stuck. Surely CS9 will be back next week so need to hold I feel. Lomax was originally in my WFB but I just shifted him to CTR so I had a full 17. Who would you cash out?
    code delta
    code delta

Post by code delta Tue Aug 11, 2020 10:14 pm

mattnz wrote:
    Sure https://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/league/300079304/te-maire-martin-returns-via-club-rugby-after-retiring-from-nrl-due-to-bleed-on-the-brain

Quick tip: If you copy the text and google it, will show as top result

That's not the point and I don't want to do that. You should be stating where you get the info from to start with. Rolling Eyes

Current date/time is Tue May 21, 2024 7:15 am