NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy Part 74 - The Mods are Asleep Edition

multiple.scoregasms
    multiple.scoregasms

NRL Fantasy Part 74 - The Mods are Asleep Edition - Page 15 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy Part 74 - The Mods are Asleep Edition

Post by multiple.scoregasms Tue Aug 11, 2020 9:04 am

Welshy wrote:Any update on Munster?

Nothing concrete but in post game interview he diagnosed himself with a "grade 2 carry on" so think if it was a final he would be playing.

Probably gets 1-2 weeks on the sidelines
    Welshy
    Welshy

NRL Fantasy Part 74 - The Mods are Asleep Edition - Page 15 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy Part 74 - The Mods are Asleep Edition

Post by Welshy Tue Aug 11, 2020 9:05 am

multiple.scoregasms wrote:

Nothing concrete but in post game interview he diagnosed himself with a "grade 2 carry on" so think if it was a final he would be playing.

Thank you mate
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Fanatic

Post by Liverpool_Bulldog Tue Aug 11, 2020 9:06 am

Probably misses the roosters and possibly eels and then straight back in
    Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Tue Aug 11, 2020 9:06 am

Liverpool_Bulldog wrote:

2-3 weeks looks like the latest in regards to timeframe
    Thanks mate
    mrbrownstone
    mrbrownstone

Post by mrbrownstone Tue Aug 11, 2020 9:22 am

7 trades left. Tossing up 1 trade Young -> CM9 or 2 trades Young -> Koro and Niu -> Brimson.

Basically comes down to does CM9 + Siro outscore Koro + Brimson? Any thoughts?

multiple.scoregasms
    multiple.scoregasms

Post by multiple.scoregasms Tue Aug 11, 2020 9:31 am

mrbrownstone wrote:7 trades left.  Tossing up 1 trade Young -> CM9 or 2 trades Young -> Koro and Niu -> Brimson.

I'd go with option 1 and it's not particularly close IMO
    White Lightning
    White Lightning
    Fanatic

Post by White Lightning Tue Aug 11, 2020 9:31 am

mrbrownstone wrote:7 trades left.  Tossing up 1 trade Young -> CM9 or 2 trades Young -> Koro and Niu -> Brimson.

Young to McInnes
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Fanatic

Post by Liverpool_Bulldog Tue Aug 11, 2020 9:37 am

Yup option 1 easily there. Save that trade
    multiple.scoregasms
    multiple.scoregasms

Post by multiple.scoregasms Tue Aug 11, 2020 9:54 am

Things have been very quiet around here the last couple of days. Think it's mainly the lack of trades?
    RandomSil
    RandomSil

Post by RandomSil Tue Aug 11, 2020 9:56 am

Yeah as the season winds down in terms of trades it tends to get quieter. People are using them less liberally or run out completely.

The rumours circulating the Broncos are crazy though.
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Tue Aug 11, 2020 9:58 am

multiple.scoregasms wrote:Things have been very quiet around here the last couple of days. Think it's mainly the lack of trades?

not much to talk about until everyone is 6 cans deep

browsed a few of the teams at the top of the comp. the bloke that was leading pretty comfortably a couple of weeks back has now dropped to 3rd.. he still has Paix and Niu, so I wonder how low he is on trades.

couple of those other teams have a few questionable guys, get the feeling a lot near the top are pretty low on trades.

winner this year could really come from the clouds with a big final month depending on who gets rested. we've mainly been thinking about players from top 4 sides being rested, but if a side can't finish higher than 5th/lower than 8th with two weeks to go, then some of their players may get rested too.
    robelgordo
    robelgordo
    Fanatic

Post by robelgordo Tue Aug 11, 2020 10:03 am

my tv broke wrote:
    winner this year I could really come from the clouds with a big final month depending on who gets rested.

No need for the humility mate.

I've kinda been amazed how some of those top teams have held up for so long. Gerry Harvey's rescue package would've helped. A lot of them are weak at 17 and even 16. A few must be close to zero trades.
    multiple.scoregasms
    multiple.scoregasms

Post by multiple.scoregasms Tue Aug 11, 2020 10:09 am

my tv broke wrote:

not much to talk about until everyone is 6 cans deep

browsed a few of the teams at the top of the comp. the bloke that was leading pretty comfortably a couple of weeks back has now dropped to 3rd.. he still has Paix and Niu, so I wonder how low he is on trades.

couple of those other teams have a few questionable guys, get the feeling a lot near the top are pretty low on trades.

winner this year could really come from the clouds with a big final month depending on who gets rested. we've mainly been thinking about players from top 4 sides being rested, but if a side can't finish higher than 5th/lower than 8th with two weeks to go, then some of their players may get rested too.

My mate has stormed into the top 20 with more trades left than me. Currently sitting 12th with cash to grab a Teddy or Cook this week.

A lot of teams at the top are in a similar position of lacking depth but possibly having trades left
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Tue Aug 11, 2020 10:11 am

robelgordo wrote:

No need for the humility mate.

I've kinda been amazed how some of those top teams have held up for so long. Gerry Harvey's rescue package would've helped. A lot of them are weak at 17 and even 16. A few must be close to zero trades.

I've got a good run of late, just hoping it can continue. Feel like there are probably a fair few teams around 20th/30th that are set up for a good run and probably have an extra gun or two to my lot. my main issue for a while was cash gen which shows in my team value compared to others.

Last edited by my tv broke on Tue Aug 11, 2020 10:12 am; edited 1 time in total
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Tue Aug 11, 2020 10:11 am

I'm sitting at about the same rank as you mtb.
    We've got similar teams, but I only have 4 trades, so you have a bit of an advantage there.

So I am tossing up whether to use 2 trades this week bringing in guns and go for it hoping for a good run with injuries, or just play it safe and hope for a "good" ranking.

But I can go into this week with a team that includes Cook, McInnes, Haas, Taumalolo, Cleary, Teddy, Ponga
    with a 17, 18, 19th men of Fogarty, Nikorima, Sironen  (Or Brimson instead of Nikorima) and no CTR cover for Talau/Crichton.
    That would be carrying Munster, and only 2 trades for injuries

I can probably make it into the top 10 if I make the right choices (ie not having injured players), but without hindsight can't know who to pick beforehand.

Last edited by Milchcow on Tue Aug 11, 2020 10:12 am; edited 1 time in total
    StormTrooper96
    StormTrooper96

Post by StormTrooper96 Tue Aug 11, 2020 10:11 am

I don't get vocal until Wednesdays... that's when my trade brain is in full tilt and I am tossing up 20-30 different iterations an hour. No clue how I will play it yet this week.
    robelgordo
    robelgordo
    Fanatic

Post by robelgordo Tue Aug 11, 2020 10:13 am

My mate has stormed into the top 20 with more trades left than me. Currently sitting 12th with cash to grab a Teddy or Cook this week.

A lot of teams at the top are in a similar position of lacking depth but possibly having trades left

The Brenko Lee holder! An inspiration to me.

His team has a very good 17 plus outside back cover. Wouidn't say he's lacking depth compared to some of the others up there.
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Tue Aug 11, 2020 10:14 am

jeez, he's extremely well set. better side than me. having taupau with AFB's injury could be awesome for him too.
    Rabbits21
    Rabbits21
    Fanatic

Post by Rabbits21 Tue Aug 11, 2020 10:15 am

multiple.scoregasms wrote:Things have been very quiet around here the last couple of days. Think it's mainly the lack of trades?
    I have 6 left not sure whether to go Pearce to Moses or upgrade Lucy, Murray or Yeo to McInnes or Cook, thoughts?

6 trades and 179k spare:

Hunt
    Haas MoFo
    Murray Taumalolo Yeo
    Cleary Pearce
    Aubusson Latrell
    Teddy Ponga Pap

Carrigan Taupau Lucy Sironen
    S. Crichton Hammer Randall Niu
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Tue Aug 11, 2020 10:18 am

my tv broke wrote:

jeez, he's extremely well set. better side than me. having taupau with AFB's injury could be awesome for him too.

Unless Taupau misses games as well

Current date/time is Wed May 08, 2024 10:11 am