NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 7

sajjos
    sajjos

NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 7 - Page 9 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 7

Post by sajjos Wed Feb 19, 2020 10:50 am

eyipftwari wrote:is there any chance mann is a flop and the knights just play lino ?

Welcome!

Mann is never supposed to be a hit. IMO he avgs around 35 and allows you to invest elsewhere considering there is not much cheap HLF choices out there other than Luai or JMK.

Lino is definitely a threat and one to keep eye out for in the trails and TLT.
    Rapture_NRL
    Rapture_NRL

Post by Rapture_NRL Wed Feb 19, 2020 10:50 am

Milchcow wrote:

Edwards was an anomaly the same way Kerrod Holland was, or Brodie Croft the year before.

There are going to be a couple of popular players this year that don't live up to expectations. Just have to work out who they'll be before round 1.

I meant regarding his missus being blamed for the Penrith leaks and him being blamed for it too. That doesn't happen to every player that tanks.

Post by Guest Wed Feb 19, 2020 10:55 am

StormTrooper96 wrote:

Papy has the gig mate. Hughes is actually a really good half but don't be surprised if C.Johns gets a quick little run at hlf at some point.

Don't get me wrong i think Hughes is great in every position he plays in he does well. I just think they'll give a younger bloke like you said a chance with Hughes going back to fullback. Papy was amazing spark off the bench. I think Bellamy would want to keep that up he doesnt care about our fantasy teams haha.

He'll start the year there but i just wouldnt be shocked if he was moved back to bench during the year
    Mulvy
    Mulvy

Post by Mulvy Wed Feb 19, 2020 10:55 am

Camo123 wrote:

Papenhuyzen is cheaper than Jarrod Wallace Razz

Yeah but can you really compare the two? I mean, its Jarrod Wallace. Very Happy

Post by Guest Wed Feb 19, 2020 10:56 am

Camo123 wrote:

Papenhuyzen is cheaper than Jarrod Wallace Razz

Hahaha touche'
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Wed Feb 19, 2020 10:56 am

How is Lino's defense?

O'Brien has been vocal in saying he will pick the best defensive players, its been a focus of their pre-season. Mann is pretty strong defensively but will certainly have to play reasonably well to keep his spot.

If he gets dropped he was probably scoring poorly anyway..

Post by Guest Wed Feb 19, 2020 11:05 am

I never actually looked at Manns stats. Not bad in 5/8th even when not kicking. But Looks like he'll get moved around mid game a lot. Played every position in the backs last year
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Wed Feb 19, 2020 11:11 am

Mighty Fishes wrote:But Looks like he'll get moved around mid game a lot. Played every position in the backs last year

A victim of his own versatility, but Brown used to shuffle players around so much, I reckon it was detrimental to the team. He would swap forwards around so much I don't understand how they could build any cohesion in defense..

They have a bit more depth in the outside backs this year so I think the only real risk to Mann is his own form and Mason Lino/Crossland.

I am not entirely sold on him, and I question his ability to maintain such high tackel counts at 5/8 (he averages about 27 across the times hes played 5/Cool, but others have said they watched him closely and he is first down on kick chases/etc.

Last edited by my tv broke on Wed Feb 19, 2020 11:14 am; edited 1 time in total
    eyipftwari
    eyipftwari

Post by eyipftwari Wed Feb 19, 2020 11:13 am

any info on who would start over c hess? i recall reading he was training the house down month or so back and from what he showed at the nines its paying off the cowboys have made some great signings with all that being said and his history of playing a much better game that does translate to fantasy is he being slept on a bit ? sorry for all the questions i recall him being talked about in an older thread but very briefly. anyone else given him deep thought ?
    StormTrooper96
    StormTrooper96

Post by StormTrooper96 Wed Feb 19, 2020 11:15 am

Mighty Fishes wrote:

Don't get me wrong i think Hughes is great in every position he plays in he does well. I just think they'll give a younger bloke like you said a chance with Hughes going back to fullback. Papy was amazing spark off the bench. I think Bellamy would want to keep that up he doesnt care about our fantasy teams haha.

He'll start the year there but i just wouldnt be shocked if he was moved back to bench during the year

I see where you're coming from. I just can't help but think of 2 weeks out from finals last year Bellyache drops Croft and moves Hughes into half and Papy into FB. You would think he would only do that if he believed it was his best team going forward, even if the rest of the squad apparently had beef with Croft. Oh well i guess watch this space aye? I think these are going to be some telling times over the next couple years. I am actually excited to see what lays ahead for us past Smith's retirement. Do we move Brandon into 9 or Grant? Where does the money go? Maybe Folau would be a good signing next year Smile
    StormTrooper96
    StormTrooper96

Post by StormTrooper96 Wed Feb 19, 2020 11:19 am

eyipftwari wrote:any info on who would start over c hess? i recall reading he was training the house down month or so back and from what he showed at the nines its paying off the cowboys have made some great signings with all that being said and his history of playing a much better game that does translate to fantasy is he being slept on a bit ? sorry for all the questions i recall him being talked about in an older thread but very briefly. anyone else given him deep thought ?

Hess had an interview a few weeks ago where he pretty much said look I am happy to just be playing, chuck me in the team no matter where and I'll play. Dunn and Wright both had great stints at 2rf at the back end of the year before they each got injured.

I live in TSV and news is Hess has given up the sauce and this is the reason for his recent physique. Feeling better and looking better. I feel maybe Greeny and even Kevvy have said look mate, you missed out on QLD selection last year due to form and lack of consistency. I just feel maybe he has had a change and now this is him saying he wants that 2rf spot for NQ and a spot on the Maroons roster. I feel he will be there.
    GreenMachine
    GreenMachine

Post by GreenMachine Wed Feb 19, 2020 11:22 am

eyipftwari wrote:hey team new to this forum and this will be my second season of fantasy did not do well last year but it was very trail and error my username stands for every year i pray for the warriors and regret it Laughing i am a kiwi don't hold it against me would like some feedback on my team so far

starters

koro
    l knight ,  j papali
    C. Hess   D. Fifita   J. Taumalolo (c)
    m moses  N Cleary
    b best   z lomax
    pap  drinkwater   brimson

bench  / emg
    j saab    j luai     b brailey     b mag
    b burns   j curran   S Utoikamanu  t amone

p.s with b afoa out does that mean curran is in the running for more / big mins ?

Always good to see some new faces around! Welcome and great team!

Seriously... super. Not a fan of Best myself but everything is bang on and a nice differential prop in Papa. Just delete your 18-21. Leave them blank until the first team list Tuesday

I think your bench will be far too weak but something to also address later

E.g. Best to S Crichton and Papali to some 570k starting lock will strengthen it a tad
    rhinoceroo
    rhinoceroo
    Fanatic

Post by rhinoceroo Wed Feb 19, 2020 11:24 am

StormTrooper96 wrote:

Hess had an interview a few weeks ago where he pretty much said look I am happy to just be playing, chuck me in the team no matter where and I'll play. Dunn and Wright both had great stints at 2rf at the back end of the year before they each got injured.

I live in TSV and news is Hess has given up the sauce and this is the reason for his recent physique. Feeling better and looking better. I feel maybe Greeny and even Kevvy have said look mate, you missed out on QLD selection last year due to form and lack of consistency. I just feel maybe he has had a change and now this is him saying he wants that 2rf spot for NQ and a spot on the Maroons roster. I feel he will be there.

Michael Morgan here saying "Hessy isn't drinking any more and he's going to the gym on weekends instead."

Training the sauce down?

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl-premiership/kings-of-the-gym-nrl-players-reveal-the-strongest-men-at-every-club/news-story/a26570d65277dd3f2b5816eff3856f3a
    mattnz
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Wed Feb 19, 2020 11:35 am

Who are the ones that gave us the inside running on Garner and burns about this time last season? Do the same people have any insider tips for this season?
    SoylentGreen
    SoylentGreen

Post by SoylentGreen Wed Feb 19, 2020 11:39 am

Just something that bugs me and I have to get off my chest:

It's "TRIALS" not "TRAILS"

Ok - feel better now.
    Mulvy
    Mulvy

Post by Mulvy Wed Feb 19, 2020 11:43 am

Gee, I'm looking forward to the trails this weekend.
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Wed Feb 19, 2020 11:45 am

mattnz wrote:Who are the ones that gave us the inside running on Garner and burns about this time last season? Do the same people have any insider tips for this season?

Lawrence broke his jaw which locked in Garner for a starting spot

my tv broke
    NRL Fantasy 2019 Part 11 - Fri Mar 08, 2019 1:42 pm
    Bookmark this - if you don't start with Garner, you will regret it.

Coffee

With Burns, there were bits and pieces of info coming out of the Rabbits that Inglis was going to play right centre and Burns was training left. Some quotes from Bennett indicated it would be his position for the season.

Last edited by my tv broke on Wed Feb 19, 2020 11:48 am; edited 1 time in total
    Mulvy
    Mulvy

Post by Mulvy Wed Feb 19, 2020 11:46 am

my tv broke wrote:

Lawrence broke his jaw which locked in Garner for a starting spot

https://www.nrlfantasyfanatics.com/t833p820-nrl-fantasy-2019-thread-part-8?highlight=garner#257778

Coffee

With Burns, there were bits and pieces of info coming out of the Rabbits that Inglis was going to play right centre and Burns was training left. Some quotes from Bennett indicated it would be his position for the season.

And then when Damien Cook put him in his team everyone got excited.
    StormTrooper96
    StormTrooper96

Post by StormTrooper96 Wed Feb 19, 2020 11:47 am

Mulvy wrote:

And then when Damien Cook put him in his team everyone got excited.

but then he injured himself and this guy (me) held onto him for way too long

Post by Guest Wed Feb 19, 2020 11:52 am

StormTrooper96 wrote:

Papy has the gig mate. Hughes is actually a really good half but don't be surprised if C.Johns gets a quick little run at hlf at some point.

Agreed. Thought the team looked much much stronger with papi at the back and hughes at half. Croft was rubbish imo, hughes way better.

Bellamy won't have to give papi a 20 min concession at lock this year. What a riot that was, poor little bugger.

Papi has the kind of psychology that would make Bellamy want to adopt him. Lock him in for life boys.

Last edited by lukeaye on Wed Feb 19, 2020 11:53 am; edited 1 time in total

Current date/time is Thu May 09, 2024 3:30 am