NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 7

eyipftwari
    eyipftwari

NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 7 - Page 8 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 7

Post by eyipftwari Wed Feb 19, 2020 8:30 am

@Ponga for prez i don't have the same experience as a lot of people on this forum so my input should be taken lightly but i think mahoney could be good for a start eels have a few easy games to start the year so could fire.
    Loomer
    Loomer

Post by Loomer Wed Feb 19, 2020 8:30 am

eyipftwari wrote:hey team new to this forum and this will be my second season of fantasy did not do well last year but it was very trail and error my username stands for every year i pray for the warriors and regret it Laughing i am a kiwi don't hold it against me would like some feedback on my team so far

starters

koro
    l knight ,  j papali
    C. Hess   D. Fifita   J. Taumalolo (c)
    m moses  N Cleary
    b best   z lomax
    pap  drinkwater   brimson

bench  / emg
    j saab    j luai     b brailey     b mag
    b burns   j curran   S Utoikamanu  t amone

p.s with b afoa out does that mean curran is in the running for more / big mins ?

I'm a suffering Warriors fan too. Team is better than 90% of ones I see posted on FB. Few tweaks after trials and TLT should be right
    rhinoceroo
    rhinoceroo
    Fanatic

Post by rhinoceroo Wed Feb 19, 2020 8:31 am

eyipftwari wrote:hey team new to this forum and this will be my second season of fantasy did not do well last year but it was very trail and error my username stands for every year i pray for the warriors and regret it Laughing i am a kiwi don't hold it against me would like some feedback on my team so far

starters

koro
    l knight ,  j papali
    m moses  N Cleary
    b best   z lomax

bench  / emg

p.s with b afoa out does that mean curran is in the running for more / big mins ?

I quite like that 13, but 14-17 is too week. Brailey is fine, Luai is probably playable and one of your other cheapies (Curren, BMag) might grab a start, but think you need one upgrade there... don't like having Origin guns unless they're uberguns (Haas, Cook etc) so would recommend downgrading JPapalii to Merrin/Fotuaika/Woods and spending the money on your bench for someone who'll play 80 minutes (Mann?).
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Wed Feb 19, 2020 8:38 am

starters

koro
    l knight ,  j papali
    m moses  N Cleary
    b best   z lomax

bench  / emg

Welcome eyip,

I think your bench looks pretty weak there. Not sure you will want to play Magoulias and Saab (or equivalent priced players) in your 17.

I'd look at downgrading a starter or 2 to get some better depth. Papalii or one of Moses/Cleary would be my choice.

I don't know enough about Warriors. I'd just wait and watch trials to see who looks likely to benefit from Afoa's absence
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Wed Feb 19, 2020 8:39 am

Camo123 wrote:

I think it's Billy Burns from Panthers. May jag a bench spot but probably unlikely given stacked pack

Ah, okay. Definitely might need to do some downgrades mate and spend money on your bench.
    Rapture_NRL
    Rapture_NRL

Post by Rapture_NRL Wed Feb 19, 2020 8:43 am

starters

koro
    l knight ,  j papali
    m moses  N Cleary
    b best   z lomax

bench  / emg

Can I join your prayer group?
    rhinoceroo
    rhinoceroo
    Fanatic

Post by rhinoceroo Wed Feb 19, 2020 8:45 am

What are the odds on Papi, Drinkwater and Brimson all going Dylan Edwards? This entire board will be screwed if they do.

(fwiw, I think it's extremely unlikely that Papi will, but not so sure on the other two.)
    Rapture_NRL
    Rapture_NRL

Post by Rapture_NRL Wed Feb 19, 2020 9:06 am

rhinoceroo wrote:What are the odds on Papi, Drinkwater and Brimson all going Dylan Edwards? This entire board will be screwed if they do.

(fwiw, I think it's extremely unlikely that Papi will, but not so sure on the other two.)

Edwards was a bit of an anomaly due to stuff going on at the club. He was also a bit more expensive so him failing to fire was very costly. Drinkwater is cheap enough that if he fails to fire he should at least maintain his price. I personally think Brimson smells like a trap but should probably explode. Papy is safe
    StuDogg101
    StuDogg101

Post by StuDogg101 Wed Feb 19, 2020 9:10 am

rhinoceroo wrote:What are the odds on Papi, Drinkwater and Brimson all going Dylan Edwards? This entire board will be screwed if they do.

The order you listed them there is the same order of confidence I have that they'll be successful. That's not to say Brimson isn't going to kill it this year but the Titans are like the Warriors - good "attacking" players in average teams can struggle to score points if their team is forever defending
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Wed Feb 19, 2020 9:15 am

Rapture_NRL wrote:

Edwards was a bit of an anomaly due to stuff going on at the club. He was also a bit more expensive so him failing to fire was very costly. Drinkwater is cheap enough that if he fails to fire he should at least maintain his price. I personally think Brimson smells like a trap but should probably explode. Papy is safe

Edwards was an anomaly the same way Kerrod Holland was, or Brodie Croft the year before.

There are going to be a couple of popular players this year that don't live up to expectations. Just have to work out who they'll be before round 1.
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Wed Feb 19, 2020 9:17 am

Law of average I reckon says at least one has a very good chance of bombing. If all 3 stink it up, at least most will be in the same boat so it won't be that much of a kick in the guts. It will all come down to how long people hold the underperformers for. People jumping off Edwards early last year seemed to gain yet people like myself kept the faith and got fucking burnt.
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Wed Feb 19, 2020 9:18 am

Milchcow wrote:

Edwards was an anomaly the same way Kerrod Holland was, or Brodie Croft the year before.

There are going to be a couple of popular players this year that don't live up to expectations. Just have to work out who they'll be before round 1.

I had both. Sad
    eyipftwari
    eyipftwari

Post by eyipftwari Wed Feb 19, 2020 9:27 am

is there any chance mann is a flop and the knights just play lino ?
    Cantbeatwinners
    Cantbeatwinners

Post by Cantbeatwinners Wed Feb 19, 2020 9:30 am

Anyone want to enter my league to fill it up, much appreciated JJJVTPKP
    Pookus McFly
    Pookus McFly

Post by Pookus McFly Wed Feb 19, 2020 9:30 am

My life was better before I realised that Cleary + Mann = Keary + JMK/Croft
    Im sticking with the former on the basis of 1 gun beats 0 guns, but I really didn't need that temptation
    eyipftwari
    eyipftwari

Post by eyipftwari Wed Feb 19, 2020 9:39 am

can anyone tell me the negatives of running peachy don't know enough about the titans

Post by Guest Wed Feb 19, 2020 9:39 am

I'm not going with Papy. Probably a bad choice but apart from his speed i dont think there is much else. It wouldnt surprise me to see him back off the bench at some stage of the year. I dont think Hughes is their fulltime halfback moving forward

Post by Guest Wed Feb 19, 2020 9:43 am

eyipftwari wrote:can anyone tell me the negatives of running peachy don't know enough about the titans

Misses a few tackles. I'm not sure if he'll be in the halves longterm. Roberts was one of their best last year and when healthy he'll be back in the side
    Camo123
    Camo123
    Fanatic

Post by Camo123 Wed Feb 19, 2020 9:48 am

Mighty Fishes wrote:I'm not going with Papy. Probably a bad choice but apart from his speed i dont think there is much else. It wouldnt surprise me to see him back off the bench at some stage of the year. I dont think Hughes is their fulltime halfback moving forward

Papenhuyzen is cheaper than Jarrod Wallace Razz
    StormTrooper96
    StormTrooper96

Post by StormTrooper96 Wed Feb 19, 2020 9:48 am

Mighty Fishes wrote:I'm not going with Papy. Probably a bad choice but apart from his speed i dont think there is much else. It wouldnt surprise me to see him back off the bench at some stage of the year. I dont think Hughes is their fulltime halfback moving forward

Papy has the gig mate. Hughes is actually a really good half but don't be surprised if C.Johns gets a quick little run at hlf at some point.

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 12:12 pm